Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Pluto crosses the ascendant in Capricorn  (Read 9037 times)
kjbem

« on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:43 PM »

My ascendant is in Capricorn.  From an evolutionary perspective, what is an expectation I can have for my life when Pluto reaches my ascendant, or is at an angle to affect me?  I hope my question makes sense to those of you out here!  Thanks!
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:06 PM »

My ascendant is in Capricorn.  From an evolutionary perspective, what is an expectation I can have for my life when Pluto reaches my ascendant, or is at an angle to affect me?  I hope my question makes sense to those of you out here!  Thanks!

Hi kjbem

You can expect that the life that you have known up until that point, the person you have seen yourself as, will end.  Seriously.  I have Asc in early Sag.  I've been through this.

That may sound scary.  And it will feel that way at times.  But I suggest to people having this transit that, as best they can, look at it as an exciting adventure.  Because the natural time for a very long past is coming to an end.  One is forced by life circumstance to break free from much of that past.  many things that used to work will simply stop working.  Being in Capricorn, major changes to the structure of that life will require adjustment.  The more one is able to cooperate with this process, the more at peace with it they will feel.  It is definitely an adjustment.

The intention is for major changes in the life of that Soul, over time a whole new reality, directions, orientations forming.

Jeffrey Wolf Green taught that the maximum pressure or difficulty in the life of a person with that transit occurs 18 to 20 months ahead of the exact aspect.  (Note to others reading this: that statement was made only about Pluto crossing the ascendant, not about other Pluto aspects and not about other planets crossing the ascendant)

If you happen to have Jeffrey's book Pluto Vol 1, read the section towards the back of the book on Pluto transiting through the first house.  It starts on page 314 in my copy.  Also read the long section Pluto in the 1st House natally, towards the front of the book.  Although you don't have Pluto in the 1st house natally, the 15 years (plus or minus) that Pluto will be transiting through your 1st house will have you feeling and driven very much like what you will read about Pluto in the 1st.  The difference is that because it is not your natal signature, it will be an overlay ON TOP OF your natal Pluto/nodes signature rather than being your core itself.  You will be feeling Aries-like much of the time.  And you are SUPPOSED to feel that way - that is the point of the transit.
take care,
Steve

Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:46 PM »

Hi kjbem,

Just to add to what Steve has said ...

How you might feel about the process he describes will be determined to an extent by the condition of Pluto in the natal chart.

If you have many aspects from Pluto to other planets in your chart, especially to personal planets, you will be more used to Pluto type energy/experiences as a result, than if you have a lightly aspected Pluto. Also if Pluto and Mars in the natal chart are in a major or hard aspect (conj, opp, trine, square, semisquare, sesquiquadrate, inconjunct, sextile) then you will also have probably had strong evolutionary type experiences in your life before as a result from this too. All this would add up to being a person who knows through previous experience the turmoil and often deep gut level, very disturbing effect Pluto energy can have on themselves when it is activated in one's life.

So if this were the case, with Pluto crossing your ASC you might feel more prepared (internally) for the approaching tsunami in your life. In fact if all the above were true for you, and you are a positively inclined person, as the process unfolds and these deep changes start taking place, you may recognise the great blessing that this transit can be - it will bring a huge rollercoaster of energy into your life that makes great personal and world changes now possible. You might come to feel that, without this energy now available to you, you would otherwise never be able to make such changes and benefit from such profound and rapid growth. There could be a feeling that the energy this transit brings into your life is a great gift, and not a drop of it is to be wasted, as once it's gone you will be left with only your "normal" energy and power, and there'll never be the exact same opportunity again, not one involving the conjunction to your Asc anyway.

But if the natal chart is not a strong Pluto type chart, and you haven't had any major Pluto transits up to now, then this transit may be a very new and eye-opening time for you, where, for the first time you come up against the full impact of the evolutionary force of Pluto. If that is the case, hang on to your hat, take many deep breaths and be prepared to learn a huge amount about how Pluto energy renders the past ways of being and doing things, approaches to situations, inoperable and recreates something new in it's place. Again if viewed positively, you'll probably come to view these changes as invaluable ... although it may be much later in the piece that this really becomes apparent.

Either way, as Steve has said, big changes are inevitable.

Also, as Pluto will be conjuncting your ASC at the same time it will be opposing your Descendant. Some of these changes are highly likely to affect all your relationships, some of them directly.

Just the fact that you are enquiring ahead about all this, suggests you have already begun to cooperate with the process. Best wishes with it all !

blessings,
Upasika  

sheryl

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 01:47 PM »

Would this be true of Pluto crossing any of the angles?  Especially the MC?
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2010, 02:48 PM »

Would this be true of Pluto crossing any of the angles?  Especially the MC?

Hi Sheryl

In my post above I specifically said
(Note to others reading this: that statement was made only about Pluto crossing the ascendant, not about other Pluto aspects and not about other planets crossing the ascendant)

What I said is true from my perspective.  It is true that Pluto crossing any angle or entering any house or changing signs or conjuncting squaring or opposing a "personal planet" is going to have a profound effect on a person's life.  But Pluto crossing the ascendant is, to me, a unique case.  (Perhaps Pluto conjunct the moon would be something similar in nature.)

That said, the nature of Pluto is death - rebirth.  Some of what we hang onto for security reasons that no longer serves our evolutionary intentions is simply removed from the life, with or without our cooperation.  One learns that whether or not I cooperate it happens anyway.  And that its easier to get through the changes by accepting them.  Its still uncomfortable at times however.  That is the main reason I see TO cooperate.  From the human perspective, other than that it doesn't make a lot of sense some of the time.
Steve

dissolved

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2011, 03:52 PM »

I'm presently experiencing this transit as Pluto is around 3 degrees applying to my Asc. I can understand what Steve said about life up to that point will end. While I have merely just begun this process I can see many parts of me dying. There's been a lot of material/financial loss and career/work loss. Being that we are talking about Capricorn rising I can see the relative function for such losses. Maybe it's just me through having a rather afflicted or challenging Saturn, but I have never really handle failure well. However, through this particular experience I have come to see that failure is just some twisted perception or collective lie I have believed. There was an enormous amount of anger that surfaced from within me at first, but through it I found the light. There's now an enormous relief and sense of peace. Can you imagine what life/creation would be like if there was always this strong fear of failure in the depths of ones mind? What a massive creative block, what hell that is! That is however one of the more shadow functions of Capricorn/Saturn. 

While my life is literally falling apart and I'm experiencing a lot of loss in many areas of life, I can truly see that this is one of the greatest gifts the Universe is giving me. It's almost like my slate is being wiped clean...like I'm standing in an empty room, the walls all around are canvas, and I hold a pallet of fresh colorful paint. The prior pictures were not 'really' all mine. The beliefs, thoughts, judgements, and fears of others had somehow crept in and tainted my picture. With Pluto heading to the first, it's our time to reclaim power and create a picture based on the truth and frankly our truths not others.
dissolved

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:05 PM »

Just one more tidbit to share regarding this transit. I do have natal Saturn Rx 7th house, Pluto Rx and NN in Libra with Venus Rx/SN/Chiron on my IC. Libra Pluto squares my Asc/Dsc, and trines Moon, and  Saturn has been conjunct my Pluto. I lost my house, work, financial resources before Saturn came to Pluto. I've been a highly independent single woman for a very long time. Well, Saturn to Pluto with pluto to Asc has changed this significantly. It brought me a partner, and one unlike any I've ever had. I'm now in an extremely deep and intimate relationship. Well what's 'really' the reason for relationships? Some of the most intense changes that have really started to take place within me are indeed these deeper truths about me that have been surfacing via my new partner. I've always attracted very strong Pluto types, but he's unlike any partner I've ever experienced. He's so deep and soul penetrating, but in the most subtle, sweet and gentle nurturing way. I just can't hide or avoid him, and there's a tremendous amount of mutual love and support. I've never really had a real relationship in the form of an equal partnership. While this is becoming the most beautiful bond shared, it sure has brought out so much fear and anxiety out of me that frankly has disturbed me. I'm just surprised I have not scared him off! Rather, he has been nothing but supportive and seems to be apart of a deep healing process I'm going through. There's lots of Chiron activity happening with this Pluto transit as well, and I do realize I have yet to 'really' feel Pluto to my Asc but it's getting closer indeed. I just thought what a way for Pluto to throw me face to face with my deepest fears than through a new partner!
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:10 AM »

Hi dissolved,

Just wanted to take a minute and welcome you to our little EA community here. And thanks for sharing your own experience of that Pluto transit.

God Bless, Rad
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:34 PM »

Hi dissolved

I just found your post.  I wanted to add that you are in a very good place (this message board) for someone experiencing what you are.  Here are people who understand what its like to go through what you are entering into,  who have survived it on their own journey and come out the other side, who have seen the changes the Pluto transit brought into their lives mature and change their direction and focus.

You may find some topics that have already been discussed in depth on this board will help you during this transition.  Feel free to ask questions about any of them, even if they are old. 

We are here to teach and learn about EA.  And a big piece of learning EA is applying it to one's own life.  You are welcome to talk about that here. 

Hope you find things that are of value to you here.
take care
Steve

dissolved

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2011, 03:02 PM »

Rad and Steve - Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to learning more on EA and appreciate such a resourceful forum!
dissolved

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:43 PM »

I'm really curious how the Uranus square Pluto will modify transit Pluto conjunct Asc transit or if would significantly modify the energy? For instance, the Pluto/Uranus squares will occur within a degree or two before, then after my Asc with the peak falling exactly on my Asc. This coincides with my Pluto/Pluto square as transit Uranus opposes natal 9th Pluto. That just seems like a lot of Pluto-Uranus at once. Has anyone experienced such a force? I can't imagine...         
kjbem

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:26 PM »

I am learning from each of you and I appreciate your personal responses to my questioin. 
I have always had work that in some way connects me to death and dying.  I have Pluto in the 8th house in Virgo, so I think that may be what Steve means about the natal position of Pluto and how it affects this transit. 
I am able to be with others in their grief - one person has said, after l walked, over a period of 3 years, with her in grief in the loss of her husband:  "you are not afraid of my grief."  I am also able to talk about death and dying with others, and I am able to face squarely with others their own journey toward death, or to be with them as they face the journey of loved ones, even their children. 
So as Pluto "scrapes" through my 12th house now, and over the coming years, I wonder what work it is doing in my unconscious?
Thanks to each of you for your thoughtful answers.
Alldy
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:58 AM »

Hello to all Wise Souls on this forum!

I am very glad I can join your community-I am sending greetings from Europe-I am posting for the first time here; I have been following the EA for years and I very greateful for all the amazing advice and great atricles you are sharing on this forum.

I very appreciate your post on Pluto conjunct ascendant, and for all your replies. I am living, breathing walking example of Pluto-Uranus square-I have 20' Capricorn rising and 11' moon Aries.  Wink

Interestingly, I found that changes described by Steve have all happened around year 2010 when the Pluto entered Capricorn and Uranus Aries, with last half a year strongly rebuilding, me-optimistic and seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

So, nearing to Pluto approaching to the conjunction, I can hardly imagine that I will have to go through all that process again  Wink I will write more on typically archetipically and politically I have experienced the Uranus-Pluto-I will prepare a full post on the insights I gained from this square, and how I see it works for all my generation of Millenials.

Thank you again for your insights, I am glad I can learn more about Astrology here, gaining from your insights, I also look forward to be a positve contribution to this forum.

Greetings  and Blessings to Good Souls on this Forum!

Alldy
chipelliott

« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:26 AM »

Re Pluto transit crossing ascendant in Capricorn: I've had Jeff's original black-cover "pluto" book for at least 20 years. One of the comments in the book is that about 18 months before the exact transit is more or less when all hell breaks loose. Here is what happened to me: I was going along for years absolutely perfect and stable. money interesting marriage wonderful 100 year old house great dog, had a car I really liked, lovely lifestyle. nothing had changed much in at least a decade. All of a sudden, over a period of about 15 months: I took a bad fall off a ladder onto a flagstone path, I got food poisoning, I got west nile virus, I took another fall off a chair (stupid) while gardening on a patio.My car was struck by a city bus (driver of the bus was innebriated) and my dog was killed and I had three broken vertebrae. I was on on my back for a month and then eight months with a cane and acupuncture. In addition, while on a road trip during that time to visit family who had just moved to a another state and bought a condo in the mountains, my wife experienced some sort of immediate nausea illness while we were at dinner, went out and lay in the back of the car, freezing  with cold and chills and couldnt be moved because it caused extreme car sickness and this went on for several hours in that spot, during which time I am certain she left, and that I am now married to a walk-in. The Pluto transit is now almost exact my progressed ascendant, and I have a wonderful new dog, I'm in great health, things are fine. But much much different. I find I no longer like to wear suits. Certain friends of long standing no longer appeal to me and I am far more interested in family. I seem to be far better at mechanical things and "inventions" and "creations" and being "mister fixit" and also an far more interested in gourmet cooking, much of which "recipes" seem to just "come to me" out of thin air. I'm far more interested in baroque music and classical music than I was before. My "new wife" is even more simpatico than the one who "left" and is also very involved in music and taking lessons from a first chair in the symphony. My "ex" was a painter: my "new wife" paints, too, and is equally as talented but the paintings are completely different in content. She also has a great business sense and a great head for money, and has been instrumental in radically changing my views and approach toward "money" and "sucess" and the sex is just astonishing... I am still sort of holding my breath over all this, wondering if it is over. But the concept that nothing will ever again be the same as it was: absolutely.
Saturn girl

« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:44 PM »

It has been interesting to follow this conversation.  I have been wondering when Pluto would get out of my twelfth house!  I looked it up recently and realized Saturn and Pluto would be crossing my ascendant together in 2019.  I have a strong Saturn anyway (Sun Saturn conjunction in tenth, Capricorn rising) and a fairly strong Pluto (7th house Pluto squares my Sun Saturn conjunction, I have Scorpio on the Midheaven and Venus Neptune conjunction in Scorpio in 9th, also North node is in Scorpio in tenth squaring Pluto).  Any thoughts?  With the strong tenth house connections I am guessing it will connect with career (retirement?).
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014, 11:37 PM by Saturn girl » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: