Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SYNASTRY AND COMPOSITE CHARTS..........  (Read 55924 times)
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:28 AM »

Hi Group,

We have now reached the next step in our ongoing journey to understand synastry and composite charts. And that involves a deep understanding between the 2nd, 7th, and 12th Houses in the individual chart. Later on we will be applying this also to the composite chart. Before we proceed I would request that all of you read in JWG's second Pluto book on relationships pages 75 to 82 in which he details the totality of of this archetypal relationship between the 2nd, 7th, and 12th Houses. I am requesting  that you do this because my physical form needs some medical attention which requires me to be elsewhere. I should be able to be back here in the next day or so. When I return we will then proceed with our understanding of Lennon relative to this very critically important archetype that needs to be understood and applied to all of our clients who are asking about relationship issues. I shall be back shortly. Until then,

God Bless, Rad
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #31 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:42 AM »

Hi Group,

Back with you now. So let's begin our analysis of Lennon's 2nd, 7th, and 12th House paradigm so as to understand his orientation to himself, and, thus, the relationships that he forms. Of course this must be understood in the context of what we have already developed before which started with the famous Pluto bottom line in his chart.

The 2nd House correlates with many important archetypes within all of us. First it correlates with the nature of the relationship with have with our self. The nature of the relationship with have with our self creates it's own kind of inner magnetism or vibration that, by it's very nature, determines whom we attract into our lives. This archetype also reinforces by the INNER SIDE OF VENUS. Thus, by house, sign, and aspects to one's natal Venus contributes beyond the sign that we have on our 2nd House. The sign on our 2nd House of course correlates to that inner relationship, as well as the location of it's planetary ruler by it's own house and sign, and the aspects to it. In addition where the sign of Taurus is by house locality in any chart also contributes to this inner relationship.

Because these archetypes also correlate to the archetype of survival they then correlate to what any of us 'need', or feel that we need, in order to survive. The need for survival thus is connected to our need to feel stable in our lives and, in turn, correlate to what will constitute a real sense of MEANING in our lives. That which correlates to what we feel we need in order to survive will then correlate to what we value in our lives.

An obvious form of survival, for our species, is the need to procreate in order to reproduce our species. As a result these archetypes thus correlate to our sexual needs: what we value and need sexually in our life.

Because of the archetypal need for survival within these archetypes this then also correlates with the archetype of self-reliance: what inherent capacities or resources that we already posses in order to affect our own survival which of course interacts with what we will value. What we value will correlate to a core sense of meaning for our lives. Relative to what we inwardly inwardly posses in order to affect our own survival creates the awareness of what we feel we need from others in order to affect our survival: the sense of lack of what we do not inwardly posses. This then becomes the basis of what we project onto others by way of the natural inconjunct from our 2nd House to the 7th House, the inner side of our Venus now externalized.

So, right now, I would like all of you to look at Lennon's chart: the nature of his 2nd House by way of the sign on his 2nd house cusp, any planets within it and the aspects they make to other planets, the location of the ruler of his second house by sign, house, and the aspects to it. In his case the sign Taurus is already on his 2nd House so, in this case, we will not need to look further than that. So looking at Lennon's chart with the above archetypes in mind I would like all of you to create your own analysis of these archetypes. After we do this the next step will be to move forwards by way of understanding all of this relative the the natural projection that will occur via the his 7th House, the outer side of his Venus.

If you have any questions please ask now.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #32 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:08 AM »

Hi Rad and everyone,

Just focusing on the 2nd house Taurus archetypes here. With Taurus on the second house and Venus in Virgo in the 5th house, a core instinct for this soul is to establish his own self worth and find personal meaning in his own life through constant self improvement. This points to a special destiny and purpose that is linked with his natural artistry and connection to grace and harmony (5th house venus leading to Taurus on second). This is also a source of sustenance for this soul. With that Venus ruling the nn which is conj the ruler of the sn, it's clear that prior to this life he has developed an immense degree of self confidence in his own ability to manifest his deepest values and support himself in that way.

Adding another layer to this, Venus is in a first quarter square to Uranus in Taurus in the second house as well as ruling that Uranus. Uranus rules his 11th house as well as the Moon in the 10th which opposes Pluto. This crisis here has been to create a new way to actualize himself in a way that actually expresses his individualized nature. This means facing past life trauma of persecution and excommunication based on just that. This creates a highly internalized and private soul that has necessarily learned to separate itself from consensus reality in order to work on his own creative actualization and identify his core values, at this evolutionary transition into the spiritual state, these values being universal. This has required him to seek isolation at various times and be a hermit unto himself.

Uranus, which correlates to groups of people, naturally corresponds here to a soul that has lived in such a way where the natural resources of the Earth were shared and respected in accordance to natural law - the sn of Uranus being in Sag on the cusp of the 9th house. Ruling the 11th house and the 10th house Moon we see the past life trauma that he has experienced linked to witnessing the degradation of natural resources, including entire communities, homes, shelter, medicine etc for commercial or political causes.

I feel these lyrics to his song Imagine describe very well the Uranus in the second as ruler of 11th house and 10th house moon.

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world "

God bless,
Ari Moshe
mirta

« Reply #33 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:28 PM »

Thanks to all in this thread for the opportunity to learn from your contributions.

Hi Rad
I am grateful for your taking time and work to see my elementary practices and giving me feedback. I wish the best for your health.

With Taurus in 2nd house cusp this Soul needs self reliance, security and stability.
He might be very  focused in his own needs of security and pleasure( the frog in the well).
With Venus, its ruler, in 5th house this security and sense of value is linked to being recognized as special and need of external validation, while feeling a sense of not having been affectively supported, of lack (Virgo), together with guilt feelings, may be for not having recognized or supported others.
Guilt may also be for having manipulated or abandoned partners or children; also for not having use adequately his personal resources (Venus ruled by Mercury in Scorpio in 7th house square Saturn conjunct Jupiter in 1st house).
All this creates a sense of not deserving the love he needs (and whose lack so deeply feels), at least until having atoned for his guilt.
This inner vibration attracted relationships that weren’t able to give him this love or to encourage and support him in relation to his creativity and effort for self-improvement.
In 1st spiritual state his purpose and intention is atoning, and he could have done it through his relationships in this lifetime.

Venus inconjunct Moon in Aquarius in 10th house reflects crisis regarding his need of an objective view of his subjective approach to relationships; thus attracting relationship situations in which he could - by suffering or even suffering for creating pain to others - see what he was avoiding.
Hints also confusion regarding his individual self-concept (also SN 12th house, ruler Mars conjunct Neptune) and the possibility of clarification by means of these crisis.

Uranus retrograde in this 2nd house, square Venus and semi-square SN suggests past trauma and crisis in relation to his self-valuation and in the expression of his subjective values and meaning of life in an individualized manner.
His trauma could have been created by not being able to listen to other people’s reality, by manipulating or abandoned them when his needs were already met.
In this lifetime, FQP sesquiquadrate the NN shows the evolutionary intention to humiliate his egocentric structure and to force the ego to analyze and reflect on why this is occurring.

SEXUALITY:
2nd house is also related to sexual instinct, what he values and needs sexually.
Sexually he needs creativity, sensitive touch, commitment and security. All this makes possible his self reliance.
With Mars in Libra and Mercury (Venus ruler) in 7th house he also needs equality in roles.
In 1st spiritual state, Venus in Virgo, Pluto conjunct Vesta, Mars conjunct Neptune in 6th house reflects a deep need of spirituality, a spiritual way of living sexuality.
Commitment and attachment are contradictory. Mars conjunct Neptune in Libra needs merging (also Venus ruler in Scorpio), but he also needs solitude in order to establish his deep inner relationship.
May be he attracted people by means of his unmet needs of love, sense of lack and need of merging. But this was contradictory with his need of solitude and detachment (Uranus square Venus, Moon in Aquarius, Vesta conjunct Pluto), and this may have been confusing for himself and others.
Would this be (or was it) resolved in an evolved form of commitment, in a free, not possesive, spiritual relationship? 
God Bless
Mirta

serban_p

« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:13 AM »

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share a few thoughts regarding Lennon’s prior relationship with himself, as indicated by his second house, second house ruler and planets in the second house.

With Taurus on the second house cusp, this points to an emphasized need for security and safety and indicates a very self-contained and rigid approach to life, which is characteristic of someone who values stability and security to such an extent that his sense of self-worth depends on them. Relating to oneself in such overly fixed ways and the resulting exacerbation of the need for security may very well be triggered by the experiences associated with Pluto in the 4th (early rejection in life by those from whom nurturing was expected).

With Venus in the 5th and also ruling his second house, this Soul may have needed external validation in order to achieve a sense of self-worth. He may have considered himself perfectly entitled to approach life this way because he may have interpreted the emotional damage he has suffered in his early years as somehow making him unique and justifying a self-absorbed orientation to life. Such a need for external feedback/attention in order to attain a sense of self-worth (characteristic of a pyramid reality structure) reinforces the theme of displaced emotional needs symbolized by the 4th house Pluto and creates a bottomless pit in terms of what is required in order for the Soul to feel secure. However, a deep sense of lack (as symbolized by Venus in Virgo) may also be present as the feedback received from the environment is never enough to bring about an authentic feeling of self-worth.  

Valuing security to such an extent and having his self-worth dependent upon the external feedback received from the environment sets-up the scene for traumatic, shocking events (Uranus in the 2nd and also semisquare the SN) that are meant to point out the two inherent flaws in this way of relating to oneself: (i) an excessive need for security and stability; and (ii) an expectation to receive external validation in order to feel internally secure. This is reinforced by Venus in Virgo which suggests crises regarding his ability to feel confident that he is equipped with everything that is needed in order to feel safe and secure.

These traumas and the crises associated with them (as symbolized by Uranus in the 2nd and Venus in Virgo) have promoted the need for him to search deep within himself in order to identify what unique resources he possesses in order to effect self-reliance and to sustain oneself and also a liberation from the dependence on the feedback received from others. Such experiences have been necessary in order to cause him to change what is valued and to promote the discovery of his intrinsic individuality (Uranus in the 2nd), as well as to create a unique lifestyle that reflects this individuality. As part of determining this unique lifestyle, and considering that Uranus also relates to groups of people, this may have lead him to seek communities of like-minded people that would support this ongoing process of discovery of his unique resources and also provided him with the opportunity to use such resources in order to be of service (Venus in Virgo) to such groups of people.

All the best,

Serban

P.S. Many thanks to everybody participating in this thread and especially to Rad for taking the time to offer his guidance.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011, 02:55 PM by serban_p » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2011, 08:18 AM »

Hi Ari, Serban, Mirta, and Jason,

I have read through what you have all written so far. Before I make any comments I would like to wait to see if Gonzalo, Lucius and Kristin will also be adding their own analysis's as well. I am very much appreciating the Soul efforts that you are all making. It is a real joy for me ..............

God Bless, Rad
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011, 12:47 PM by Rad » Logged
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:03 AM »

Hi Rad, and all ... I am out of my home for a couple of days for work reasons, and hope I'll be able to post by tomorrow night ... sorry for the delay

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Kristin

« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:11 AM »

Hi all,

It is so wonderful to explore this topic with you..thank you for all of your contributions...the growth never stops..that is the beauty of EA.

With John's Pluto in the 4th house, the root theme as we have discussed is his Soul's need to establish emotional self reliance and with Taurus on the second house cusp, the theme of self reliance across the board is in place, not only emotionally but in every other way, creatively, sexually and monetarily..a key word for Taurus being SURVIVAL...The ruler of Taurus, is his Venus in Virgo in the 5th so his own need to survive on every level is also transferred to his concerns to the survival of the world ie world hunger and so on...Virgo is about repenting - Rad validated Jason's comments in an earlier post about this abuse of power in other times, "In fairly distant prior lives he has a series of lives in which he was in charge of whole communities of peoples, like a sultan, in which he abused power in general, and through philosophical/ religious justifications, had a den of women at his disposal. In essence they were slaves to his distorted needs and desires. "
So John was using his own influence/power, resources and ability to reach people to communicate the suffering of the world, his focus being on those that had next to nothing, the down trodden...the very people he may have abused his power with in other times, SO this was his way of also making up for in some way what he had done. His Pluto in the 4th and the Moon inconjunct his Uranus, gave him an emotional body that was able to feel the trauma of not only his own soul but to hear and feel the cries of the world, this keeping him in almost a perpetual state of anxiety so his Soul would never really be able to relax, so it would be totally focused on the other, on the suffering, this in part because of his own need to repent for what he had done. Even though this also may have been done to him prior to his abusing power, at some point this cycle of back and forth must stop. this life was his attempt to stop the madness.

Using his VOICE AND HIS MUSIC AS A VEHICLE TO COMMUNICATE TO THE WORLD ABOUT THE SUFFERING,

Personal need to be a messenger for the world…the message being I am no different than you are..or no more important..WE ARE ALL THE SAME..WE ARE EQUAL....the ruler of his second house cusp is Venus in Virgo in the 5th., the ruler of that Venus is Mercury in Scorpio in the 7th. He had a need to be a messenger for the poor, for those that did not have the means or the resources for their own voice to be heard, he was the VOICE FOR MANY but also for all those people who don’t feel like they fit in - for all of those people who like himself felt alienated and different.
His music had a way of bringing people together of uniting all people, of finding common ground and the COMMON CORD OF LOVE that exists between people..the universal language of music at times can be the only thing that can ignite that feeling –  his music,  channeled by God – Uranus trine Neptune evokes a healing response, a ripple effect throughout mankind, it ignites raw and real emotion -Venus, the ruler of his second is inconjunct his 10th house Moon..… Uranus in the second, the ruler of his Moon, which opposes that Pluto..
In a world where we can live AS ONE….his Soul needed people to at least 'imagine' the beauty in that..so his Soul wanted to help people ENVISION something better..and he did this through his message and his music...Uranus in the second (ruler of his 10th house Moon) trines Neptune.
He had the power and the audience -  the ears and the eyes of millions and he used that to communicate through song in his own unique way - Uranus in the second - to WAKE PEOPLE UP - Uranus through his music - about war and the dying..about world hunger..this is how he SERVED the world..Venus in Virgo..through the vehicle of his voice and his music.

Sexually speaking, Taurus (john’n second house cusp) connects to a very dominant sexual nature. This is in part because Taurus connects to the need to survive and in order to survive the species needs to be able to procreate. This energizes a strong sexual nature. Taurus is rooted in this theme of self reliance and self empowerment. Thus Taurus sexualized is directly linked to masturbation, and the need to ground oneself in that act, to not need another in order to feel sexually self secure and complete unto itself. Because of this dominant sexual nature John would need to release this build up of energy whenever he needed which would need to also include when he was alone in order to feel self secure. This is all part of his Soul’s need to learn how to SELF PROVIDE ACROSS THE BOARD.

John is used to being on stage so to speak, he has had a history of fame and being noticed and even though there is an inherent insecurity within that with the ruler of his second being in Virgo in the 5th, along with a stacked 6th house, there is a  history of being WATCHED, of having countless eyes on him. The archetype of watching, observing is Uranus so another way that John may feel secure via his sexuality is to watch himself while masturbating or the desire to have a partner WATCH HIM, this will increases the intensity of the experience. The Uranus in the second also reflects a Soul that is BI-SEXUAL in nature ( bi-sexuality or an openness sexuality is seen in the air signs. Mercury, ruler of Gemini is in the 7th) and NEEDS TO EXPERIMENT and express both sides of gender sexually speaking. He will then attract a partner who is equally as OPEN to explore and PUSH the LIMITS with him sexually. Limit pushing is Scorpio, his Pluto opposes his Moon, the ruler is Uranus in the second, also he has Mercury is in Scorpio, the ruler of his Venus, which  rules his second house. Pushing the limits FUELS HIS SELF EMPOWERMENT..
His need to be watched and to watch and in some cases to create a sense of shock value to others – Uranus, can be seen when that media  hype was created around he and Yoko being interviewed in his bedroom ..they did show up in robes but there was a great deal of talk about the cameras catching them LOVEMAKING FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. I am sure he fantasized about that. Uranus in the second house trine Neptune.also the ruler of his 10th house Moon is that Uranus in the second..INVITING THE WORLD INTO HIS BEDROOM. I am attaching an image of john and yoko from a playboy interview..which reflects his second house Uranus in Taurus…they were photographed naked..This is from Playboy Magazine.

One of the things the Capricorn archetype is learning is that ULTIMATE strength lies in the vulnerability..with John’s 10th house Moon inconjunct Uranus in the second…he is learning that his freedom and liberation from his own suffering and guilt and pain lies in his ability to be vulnerable sexually and naked in every way..even on camera..naked emotionally and naked literally...also this reflects his soul message of I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE..THIS IS WHO I AM..WHO WE ARE..the famous 'take it or leave it', the Uranian/Aquarian attitude.

Taurus is linked with rituals and rituals of a sexual nature which means his Soul will ultimately have a need to TAKE THE LOVE HIGHER.  Considering his evolutionary state,1st stage spiritual, the sexual act will need to transcend the physical and be experienced as a spiritual sacred exchange, perhaps even at some point his own SOLO session sexually could be a way of his Soul mainlining himself to the Goddess..You can see this with the Uranus, in the second, ruler of the Moon in Aquarius, trining Neptune. The North Node of Neptune is conjunct his Vesta so exploring all of these variations AND sexual curiosities/fantasies will prove to help heal the Vesta distortions, to not judge himself for these needs/desires but to act them out playfully, deeply and fully. All the acts of love for him will prove to be healing and the creativity he has sexually and his need to experience IT ALL, HELPS HIM FEEL MORE GROUNDED AND ROOTED HIMSELF, YET ALIGNED AND  CONNECTED SPIRITUALLY AT THE SAME TIME.

Peace,

Kristin

P.S. This is an image from Playboy magazine in 1980, not long before he was shot.

* johnandyokohappy.jpg (25.46 KB, 400x267 - viewed 665 times.)
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011, 09:21 AM by Kristin » Logged
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #38 on: Apr 29, 2011, 12:27 PM »

Hi Rad

Taurus is in the 2nd House, Venus is in the 5th House, in Virgo, and it is in First Quarter phase square to Uranus, which is in the 2nd House, in Taurus, Rx. Thus, Lennon had evolved and individuated inner resources of creative nature that naturally allowed his self-sustainment. Who could doubt this. It clearly manifested in his prolific musical production, which along his career became increasingly revolutionary. It also manifested in the incredible variety of musical forms and different poetical voices contained within this production (Uranus in the 2nd House). Given that the Uranus in the 2nd House is New phase semisquare the South Node in the 12th House, the variations in the poetical voices reflect different aspects and layers of Lennon’s identity, and a manifestation of the deep Soul search that was in course. This deep Soul search would allow him to identify from within the value associations that would promote further evolution. These value associations would allow him to embrace collective evolutionary requirements, linked with the survival of the species, such as pacifism, and the progressive spiritualization. Thus, going beyond the adolescent romanticism, so to speak, of the first stages of his music. Given that the semisquare between Uranus in the 2nd House and the South Node occurs within the New phase, a prior orientation to the need to deeply internalize his consciousness had been to allow a proliferation of unintegrated possibilities of self-identification. This would be a reflection of fracture within the Soul, a fracture affecting relationship with the self, originating in trauma, which would have affected the way Lennon listened to himself. This fracture would have induced a detachment from the self in which this wellspring of creative possibilities would have had a life of its own, manifesting in a proliferation of creative productions (Uranus Rx in the 2nd House square Venus in the 5th House). Because these creations expressed developed capacities and talents of his Soul, they would lead to acclaim. This acclaim would have been misleading to some extent, because it confirmed the sense of special destiny (Pluto in Leo, South Node in Aries) through an external and compensatory source of security which was not real (Pluto in the 4th House Leo, rules the South Node of Venus in the 7th House Scorpio), thus perpetuating the detachment and alienation from deeper value associations and meaning for life-the ongoing spiritualization of values. The evolutionary requirements implied discriminating, which implies experiencing a relative stagnation, because not every possible creative path available can be followed: thus, some of the creative urges need to be discarded, and to do so the Soul needs to slow down and consciousness needs to internalize (Uranus 2nd House, Taurus, semisquare South Node, square Venus in the 5th House Virgo). Thus, the role that psychedelics and meditation played in Lennon’s identification of the inner orientations that would translate in actualizing and updating his creative talents in ways reflecting his deeper values, contributing to urgent collective needs, far beyond his own narcissistic desires.  At the same time, this occurred through a progressive integration of his emotional nature, and a progressive healing of the unresolved emotions.

At a sexual level, these symbols reflect a strong sexual nature, and the need to unite emotions with the physical body (Scorpio being the polarity of the 2nd House Taurus), in order to liberate from egocentric or narcissistic and masturbatory orientation to the sexual act (polarity of Venus in the 11th House, Pisces), thus using sex as a way to integrate body and Soul, this allowing consciousness to penetrate to deeper layers of self identification. This in turn required him to embrace sexual experimentation and sexual creativity, liberating from feelings of impurity and guilt associated with sex which had induced a repression of his instinctive sexual desires, leading to attempts to conform to mainstream definitions and roles (Venus in Virgo rules and is trine to Saturn/Jupiter in Taurus, 1st House).

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Gray

« Reply #39 on: Apr 29, 2011, 04:56 PM »

Hi, my name is Gray and this is my first post on this message board. I am friends with Bradley in Olympia, WA and have talked with him about the EA paradigm for quite some time. This John Lennon-Yoko Ono discussion is the catalyst for me joining this message board. I do not have access to the school curriculum at this point so please criticize me from the EA paradigm as I am bound to slip out of it not knowing as much. I have been sitting with the first Pluto book for the last year and recently began reading the second Pluto book, so I am not completely ignorant of the EA paradigm. One aspect of EA I have been sitting with is the different house system, as it moves my Pluto from the 5th to the end of the 4th; I know with John Lennon there has been debate in astrology texts over his chart and this chart being used is similar to the one I have found most resonant, but again Pluto moves to the 4th in it with the different house system (I also have Saturn in 1st square Pluto just like Lennon)- anyway with my previous interest in Lennon it just seems like the time for me to chime in. I welcome any feedback and hope I am not redundant; I have read over a lot of the posts and have tried to not repeat too much of what I have seen already commented upon. I do want to bring up the Grand Fixed Cross again because I see it as directly linked with the 2nd House archetype in his chart. I heard we are focusing now just on the 2nd but I am going to bring in the 7th and 12th as well in the way they affect his 2nd House.

I keep thinking about his Aquarius Moon sliding into full moon opposition to Pluto, also wide opposition to Chiron and Vesta, with the Chiron opposition being something already dealt with (trauma of 12th House SN) and opposition to Vesta being a newer cycle entering in this life. The Aquarius Moon at the Pluto polarity point symbolizes so many aspects of John’s life others have already commented on; with regard to the 2nd-7th-12th I here focus on the loss of his mother and father at an early age and all of the traumatic early development experiences. The resulting need of developing his own internal security and the route through his radical Aquarius self-image as suggested by the opposition to Pluto.  John not only changed the look of his self-image often but it was always at the vanguard of the cool social status (10th House) of his contemporaries. Thus as a young man playing pranks and being a catalyst of humor and challenge to the status quo amongst his schoolmates. His developing self-image as a serious artist and writer as well as student of literature despite his “cool” self-image of someone who outwardly challenged the authority of his school. At the arise of Elvis Presley in his culture John quickly took on the image, taking on the hairstyle, clothes, and attitude and forming the Quarry Men rock band that was successful at it enough to draw the interest of the young Paul McCartney. As he developed from the third individuated state of the rebel his self-image took on a more radical energy toward the status quo and began to integrate more of a spiritual dimension, an evolutionary process that was accelerated by his merging later with Yoko Ono.

The importance of this Aquarius Moon opposition to his Pluto-Chiron 4th House conjunction comes through its ruler Uranus being in Taurus in the second house (as well as the traditional Saturn ruler conjunct Jupiter in the 1st House—this links in with the elevated social status of past lives Rad mentioned, which reminds me of a story in which Paul and John took acid together supposedly the one time during the making of Sgt. Pepper and Paul had a vision of John sitting there as the emperor of all emperors in control of everything. In this lifetime it also makes me think of the serious energy John embodied that was expansive and Jupiterian at the same time- a serious sacred clown philosopher). Focusing on Uranus, though, and being in the 2nd House, it points outwardly to some of the sudden changes in fortune and material acquisition that affected John over the course of his lifetime, creating significant crises of evolution for him.

Taurus on 2nd house cusp, ruler of Venus in the 5th House in Virgo, has already been addressed at length.  JG on Virgo Venus: “these individuals typically have desired, over a series of lifetimes, to align themselves with their actual inner reality as contrasted with any personal illusion or delusion of an egocentric nature that was previously considered to be real. Both desires generate an inner reality in which the Venus in Virgo person feels an excruciating inner aloneness, an inner emptiness, and an inner feeling of being very small.” Lennon has past lives indicating a special destiny to himself and an ease into slipping into his powerful cultural role and he is reliving a past life of self-reliance (Taurus 2nd House) in the sense of needing to connect again to his own value system as distinct from the cultural power structure (Aries SN). So again he is thrust into a high profile cultural role at a young age and then as his spiritual evolution enfolds he has issues with the status quo he takes a strong stand against (Aquarius Moon opposite Pluto; Taurus Uranus ruler of Moon in the 2nd House). Part of his self-reliance and value system involved with who he is attracted to is this Uranus archetype- the radical avant garde woman such as Yoko Ono.  Furthermore, with a 5th House Venus he would be attracted to Yoko Ono because she is an artist as well as from a "royalty" of sorts in Japan. The Venus in 5th House also points to the ultimate meaning brought into his life with the birth of Sean; interesting too that Julian and Sean both had Venusian talents mirroring their father.

Also the South Node of Venus is conjunct his Scorpio Mercury in the 7th, a vital aspect of his fixed grand cross that is also conjunct the South Node of his vital 6th Libra Mars (ruler of his South Node 12th, conjunct his Neptune). Scorpio Mercury in 7th in waxing square to Pluto suggests so many aspects of John’s life. His acerbic direct and sharp wit that could cut others down with a single glance or sharp word, his penetrating lyrics that cut to the bottom line emotions and spirituality of an entire generation. His evolutionary intent to be thrown into crisis through being challenged in his fixed concepts of reality by others, the projections outward creating the enemies as well as the friends and lovers and collaborative relationships. But the overall desire this lifetime for peace and art and harmony in the end (traditional ruler of Mercury- Libra Mars conjunct North Node in 6th as well as the emotional inner security needs of Mercury ruler Leo Pluto in 4th) that he would incarnate in a body.  The Scorpio Mercury is highlighted through the 2nd House since the Scorpio Mercury is the ruler of his Virgo Venus.

The 12th House comes in strong with Pluto applying to the South Node, meaning John had to deal with his past life difficulties and trauma to go forward in this lifetime. The strong 6th House energy in opposition to the 12th suggests his evolutionary desire to embody in this lifetime his vision and become the sacred clown of the culture pointing out the folly of the emperors and rulers, he himself could have been linked to in a distant past lifetime. There was a need to focus on himself (Aries South Node) and stand up for his own beliefs in contrast to the dominant culture around him, yet this process and stand created crisis or trauma or isolation or possibly and early and tragic death (12th House). At the same time this past life direction did connect him with his inner connection to Spirit and he has come into this lifetime with the emotional wounds that resulted in his difficult interpersonal relationships but at the same time enabled him to channel so much Spirit into the world around him. For example, one of his high profile status lives could have been like a young person swept into a rulership role who then realizes that his value system is different than how the power structure expects him/her to rule. When this soul tried to take a stand with his rulership closer to his own beliefs (Aries South Node) he could have possibly been killed or had isolation imposed upon him (12th house SN). I bring this 12th house past life in now in context of the 2nd house discussion because of Virgo Venus ruling his Libra Mars that is conjunct his North Node, and the necessity of him reliving and dealing with his past life issues this lifetime in order to move forward.  The Taurus second house amplifies his 4th House Pluto need to be self-reliant for his inner security, with Uranus there it points to his ultimate evolution of radical ideas against the status quo and his interests in the concept of a revolution, plus his attraction to a revolutionary artistic woman in Yoko.

I really feel I have too much to say and could go on and on so I would like to stop here, this being my first post. I am excited to learn about the EA paradigm and have enjoyed all the responses. I hope I can make the time in my schedule to continue reading all the posts and continue in this discussion.
peace,
Gray
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #40 on: Apr 30, 2011, 09:22 AM »

Hi Group,

I have read through everything that you have all presented. The totality of what you have all presented in your own ways is extremely accurate with the exception of Gray feeling that the Vesta archetype within John is relatively new, and that the traumas have been relatively dealt with. This is not the case. The Vesta archetype within John is in fact an 'origin' issue within his Soul that has come forwards in all of his lives, in natural and distorted ways, including the last life he lived. So too the various traumas that have also come forwards in varying degrees of non-resolution. All of you have done wonderful EA work, and the EA reasoning that you have all applied within your analysis's is correct. Bravo to all of you !

So now we are ready to move into the next step in our understanding of the relationship between the 2nd, 7th, and 12th Houses. And that next step is understanding the nature of the 7th House, and the outer side of Venus as the Soul now 'projects' its needs for the other in its lives in order to feel complete, needs that are projected because of a inner sense of not being able to meet those needs within itself. We must  remember the natural inconjunct that exists between the 2nd and 7th Houses, Taurus to Libra, in order to understand this archetype correctly. The natural inconjunct that exists between these archetypes is a Gibbous phase inconjunct and, as a result, it creates a sense of inner lack within the Soul that needs to be meet or filled by way of the projection of what it lacks onto others. This projection thus causes our expectations that we will have for others in our lives, and their expectations of us as a result. These projected expectations can of course create a sense of inconjunct crisis in our lives when those expectations are not met, and when they are not met this has the effect of throwing the Soul back upon itself: the 2nd House, Taurus, the inner side of Venus. This is intentional by way of the Soul so as to create necessary adjustments within our relationships when we become to dependent on our partners relative to the projected expectations upon them, and visa versa.

This natural relationship between the 2nd and 7th also correlates to how we give to others, how others give to us, and how we and they receive that which is given. Thus, what the Soul inherently posses in order to give to others, and what others posses in order to give to the Soul. And this giving is a reflection of what the Soul feels others need which is also conditioned by the nature of their projected expectations, and what others feel the Soul needs by way of it's own projected expectations. The natural inconjunct can create necessary crisis for the Soul when it feels what it needs by way of what others are giving to it is not what it actually needs, or is not meet in a sufficient way. This then requires a necessary adjustment within the Soul that is rooted in the archetypal tension between self reliance and meeting it's own needs, and the needs that it naturally has that must be met by others in order for it's own ongoing evolution to occur.

These archetypes also correlate to how we 'listen' to others, and how others listen to us: it is the psychology of how we hear others, and the reasons we hear them that way. And visa-versa.  Most Soul's hear others through the filter of their own self interests, 2nd House, Taurus, and the inner side of Venus versus objectively hearing another for who the other actually is.

In combination these archetype correlate to how we the RELATE TO OTHERS, and how others relate to us. They correlate to the very meaning that we give others in our life, and the meaning that others have for us in their lives. In the last analysis the archetype of the 7th House, Libra, and the outer side of Venus correlate to the essential equality that all Soul's have with one another. Not less or more important that others, but equal to others. Thus the needs of another are equal to the needs of the Soul.

So we now need to apply all of these archetypes to John Lennon. And we need to do this relative to what all of you have already developed to this point. Thus, we need to now tie in the 2nd House to his 7th House. Of course it can be tempting to jump ahead and tie in other archetypes but I feel it's important to do not do that, to do what we are doing sequentially. For Lennon it is vital to remember where we started: the psychological impact on him relative to his family of origin, and all the displaced emotions from his childhood that were brought forwards into his adult life. Beyond this life John, as all of you have correctly pointed out, also brought forwards all kinds of displace emotions, traumas, and wounds from his prior lives into this one.

So John of course has Libra on his 7th House cusp which is ruled by his Venus in Virgo in his 5th. This is then the tie in to his 2nd House which is ruled by his Taurus. His 7th House also has Mercury in Scorpio conjunct Ceres, and his S.Nodes of Venus, Mercury, and Mars. His N.Node of Chiron is also there, and thus a leading edge to his need to heal that which has been brought forwards from the past.

So with all these archetypes in mind let's have a go at it. If you have any questions this in now the time for you to ask. And, again, it is a true joy for me to experience the EA capacity that all of you are demonstrating so far.

God Bless, Rad
Gray

« Reply #41 on: Apr 30, 2011, 11:26 AM »

Thank you, Rad, for pointing out my inaccuracies about Vesta. I see now what I was doing was focusing on the point of the Moon in relation to Chiron and Vesta (the Moon opposition waxing past Chiron and coming toward Vesta) instead of looking at Pluto. I just went back and read your earlier post about the significance of Vesta, and see that Vesta is a major aspect of the Grand Fixed Cross, especially more of a direct square to the axis of Taurus Saturn-Jupiter and Scorpio Mercury.  Vesta is one of my favorite asteroids and I often find people gloss over it, so I am glad you are giving it so much significance, Rad. I will need some more time before posting about the 7th House but I see that it is very rich with Mercury conjunct the south nodes of Venus and Mars and everything else; I think we will really get to the heart of Lennon's past and more recent lifetimes through this House discussion.

Also, about connotations of words, when I use the word "dealt" I don't mean that the issue or karma has been resolved, just that it has already been experienced. I will try to be more clear in the future. I'm glad that it sounds like I at least have some developing EA reasoning happening.

I look forward to reading everyone's insights.
peace,
Gray
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:54 AM by Gray » Logged
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 01:03 PM »

Hi group

It is an incredible EA learning experience for me to read what each of you have written ... really amazing to discover how the individual point of view of each one of us, reveal different aspects, levels and manifestations of the EA archetypes  ... thank you so much, each one of you, for participating in this thread. And thank you, Rad, for bringing to us these learning experiences.

God Bless,

Gonzalo
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:35 PM by Gonzalo » Logged
Kristin

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 05:11 PM »

hi all,

Regarding the 7th house, projected needs and needs in a relationship -Rad wrote,

"For Lennon it is vital to remember where we started: the psychological impact on him relative to his family of origin, and all the displaced emotions from his childhood that were brought forwards into his adult life. Beyond this life John, as all of you have correctly pointed out, also brought forwards all kinds of displace emotions, traumas, and wounds from his prior lives into this one."

Everyone has shared a great deal re: Lennon's need for Self Reliance in every way, especially emotional as seen with the 4th house Pluto opposing his Moon in Aquarius, the ruler Uranus in the second house in Taurus, and Taurus on the cusp, which then reflects the other layers of self reliance in terms of basic needs. A Soul here who has had many lives of fame and plentiful resources had to start with next to nothing and build his way up, brick by brick.  Lennon had been forced to develop and to exercise self reliance but everyone has their limit of what they can provide for themselves. It is clear he was able to FILL himself up creatively in many ways where at times on some level it may have been enough, but underneath it all, with Venus in Virgo, the ruler of his 2nd as well as his 7th house cusp, there was a GIANT void, a HOLE that could not be filled on his own, even through his love for music. The void is directly linked with the lack of nurturing and mothering, the child that felt unlovable and all the traumas from this life and the ones prior. This Venus in Virgo, rules John's second house, 7th house, his SUN , North Node and his Mars, ( the ruler of his South Node). This is overpowering in terms of his absolute need to be in relationships. Relationships were imperative for him in attempt to help fill that void, the nature of who he attracts because of all of the emotional displacement from early childhood and beyond would be someone who could and would MOTHER HIM - HE NEEDED A MOTHER AND A LOVER. ( I mentioned in an earlier post that I had read that John had been known to sometimes call Yoko "Mother".)

He needed a partner who could fulfill many roles, mother, lover, and even the male role or the dominant one as Yoko did so well and ultimately John did become the house husband, which led to her taking over in their business negotiations. The role of house husband gave him the great sense of purpose - 7th house ruler, his Venus in Virgo in the 5th -caring for the child, this also helped to fill the void, his own nurturing of his son. The flip flopping back and forth between roles is linked with Libra, the sign on his 7th cusp as well as Mercury in the 7th, role reversal and the need to have a partner that could be adaptable within that.

His attraction patterns in his life were based on pulling in very intensely fated and karmic connections with others - His South Node of Mars, Venus are in Scorpio conjunct his natal Mercury in Scorpio in his 7th. Partners where he had a depth of history and a load of karma, good and bad. One possible theme that stood out strongly for me with his Mercury being conjunct his SN Mars/Venus is that in recent times when he had these themes of loss of parents, the older sibling, Mercury, would then take on the role of caretaker and literally became the parent. His Mercury squares his Moon/Pluto and opposes Saturn and Jupiter in Taurus.  With his Mercury conjunct that South Node of Mars and Venus, this sibling was most likely an intimate partner in prior lives, but then came through as a sibling perhaps knowing he would need her. But also at some point in two people that are moving through history together they will be forced to separate so they can individuate, and often because of their love and commitment they choose to come in as siblings, through a bloodline which further deepens their bond. Because of the history of intimacy ie Mercury conjunct the SN Mars/Venus in Scorpio, the sibling relationship was sexualized, most likely an older sister and this sister potentially played a Vesta role with him in more natural times. You can see this in the square from Mercury in Scorpio to Vesta, Pluto, Chiron and also the Moon. With all of the trauma, John needed someone he could TOTALLY TRUST. The themes of trust are linked with the Scorpio in the 7th. Even in this life to have had partners that were also a bloodline to him in other times, ie same genes- Scorpio, so he could feel more trusting that they would stand by him, because of all the prior travels and traumas, and be there in any potential crisis -  ruler of the 7th, Venus, in Virgo. He is learning lessons in trust and in this life may have needed to re-learn to trust certain partners. I also think certain partners were also responsible for his demise..or he 'died at the hands of the partner' - Mercury= hands, conjunct SN Mars /Venus in Scorpio - betrayal, abandonment and death.
SO with these symbols squaring his 4th house Pluto and his 10th house Moon in Aquarius, it was his Soul giving certain partners another chance. The betrayal of the partner being linked with the woman's pathological jealousy.  This may have also been the other way around in terms of themes of jealously as he had been known to have a real issue with that with his first wife, not wanting her to have any life/interests other than with him. Yoko was too dominant to allow for that plus what he ultimate needed WHEN HE DID TRUST AND FEEL SAFE was some degree of diversity within the relationship. This is also seen with Mercury in the 7th, the need for sexual diversity. His own needs did lead to his own wounds as he needed his sexual freedom, SN Mars in Aries in the 12th, but it created his own suffering when it was extended to others - Mars, SN ruler on his North node, conjunct Neptune.
SO this life he called in certain connections in order to further heal his Mother void, his themes of betrayal and abandonment and in essence, he needed someone he could go ALL THE WAY with, a partner who could be all for him and go to the very depths he needed to go - to literally want to be at the very CENTER of his partner and they at the very CENTER of him, in order to feel COMPLETE...like in the womb - SN Mars/Venus in Scorpio is square his Moon and Vesta/Pluto/chiron etc..a partner who could go to the very EDGE of life and back, to the very extremes sexually too.

He is learning themes of FORGIVENESS,of himself, and of his partners. Forgiveness is that higher loving quality seen with Neptune. It's the higher octave of Venus, the ruler of his 7th, his Neptune is in Virgo, which connects to healing those places where the guilt, regret or resentment lives. This Neptune conjuncts his Sun, North Node and Mars in Libra, the ruler of the South node. Forgiveness of others and himself in partnerships, so he then will pull in partners that he needs to forgive or vice versa.

With Mercury in Scorpio in the 7th, he will attract a partner where they have a psychic way of communicating, where they known what eachother are thinking as if they are in eachothers heads. He is not one to waste words and needs a partners who can speak in a bottom lines way, direct and to the point. I read that he loved and needed Yoko's BLUNT honesty, that she is a no bulshitter' and he respected that. That she called it how she saw it and didn't care what people thought of her. He wanted to be able to feel SAFE to go or speak whatever extremes he wished to go and speak without needing to apologize for it..to simply be loved and supported for who he was.. This need is seen with Mercury opposing Saturn and Jupiter. Speaking his truth even when it opposed tradition/mainstream mentality and having a partner saddle up with him to do the same.

He needed a partner that could fight his fight with him, that shared in his same passions and who would push every limit possible to get his voice heard and message across no matter the barriers. This can also be seen in that same Scorpio trinity - natal Mercury conjunct his SN Mars and Venus in Scorpio opposing Saturn. He has a history for DYING FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN and with his SN Mars and Venus opposing Saturn and Jupiter he was pulling in partners who have died with him in that fight.

Ultimate John needed a partner that he could trust with his whole Soul, one that could nurture and mother him,and one that could wear many hats, Mercury in the 7th, dependent on what he needed, a Soul that also had a variety of needs that mirrored his own and they could switch at will and ebb and flow together with the changing tides of life and emotion.

Peace,
Kristin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:39 AM by Kristin » Logged
Kristin

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51 AM »

Hello again,

Not sure if anyone of you caught this on the BIO channel last night but there was a show on Lennon called, "Love Is All You Need" - about his life.

They said on the show that Yoko was more important to John than the Beatles.
This can be seen in his ultimate need to heal the past - Neptune conjunct the North Node and Mars, ruler of the South Node. His need for a Mother and an EQUAL lover and to be a father, even to be like a Mother himself - 5 years as a house husband. Yoko was his road to recovering himself.

The need for a CO-EQUAL partner is seen in all the Libra energy, cusp of the 7th and Sun, NN, Mars etc.

John said re: Yoko.."She knew everything I knew and more." which also reflects his need to be challenged, and challenged to grow. His Mars on the NN in Libra. Someone said Yoko took John to places he otherwise would have never gone.

When Yoko was interviewed, She said, "John was waiting for someone to come in and RESCUE HIM, and so that's what I did."

Rescue can be seen in the Virgo/Pisces axis. The ruler of his 7th house cusp is VENUS in Virgo in the 5th. The need to be rescued. Also NEPTUNE in VIRGO on the NN in Libra.

This show helped me get a better feel for him/them. Thought this would be of value in further understanding his relationship needs.

Kristin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:36 PM by Kristin » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video