Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: gender switch  (Read 900 times)
Elen
Most Active Member

« on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:49 PM »

I have a question about gender switch.  Some personal experiences are prompting my question but my intent is simply to understand a technical question if there is a way to do so. 

Gonzalo wrote in another thread:

"Gender switch occurs at the end of an evolutionary cycle in one gender, leading to a new evolutionary cycle in the other gender. It is a cardinal archetype. This means many lifetimes in one gender, then leading to a switch. Though, sometimes the Soul flip-flops between genders through a number of lifetimes, for certain reasons which relate to skipped steps."

My personal experience is that of, as I heal and move through life, feeling more and more like a woman.  (My nodes are in 4th/10th.)  As a child growing up and through most of my adulthood, I have always felt more like a man.  Nothing I tried to MAKE myself be, just inwardly how I experienced myself, but more unconscious I would say than conscious.  I never had a desire to legally or biologically switch genders to conform to my inner sense.  Never made sense to me, personally.  My feeling, for myself (and in NO WAY WHATSOEVER am I generalizing beyond myself) was that there was something for me to learn in being with this predicament.  Also, it simply didn't make sense to me to convert my body into a male body.  Just not in keeping with my sensibilities.  Given my experience now, the reason for this is even clearer - that in this lifetime I am transitioning more fully out of male/masculine orientation/self-identification/experiencing to female/feminine orientation/self-identification/experiencing.  Correspondingly (and quite surprisingly) my sexual orientation seems to be undergoing change, though this, as with gender identity, is still in flux and the endpoint remains to be known.

My question is (and, please, I am truly not attempting to elicit personal counsel, advice, whatever.  I feel fine with everything on a personal level.  I am simply asking a technical question.. I wanted to give backdrop so people could understand where my question was coming from.) - is there a way to discern from the chart if one is in a lifetime in which the gender switch will in fact be completing itself?  Or is this not possible.  (addition: I am assuming that gender switch occurs over a number of lifetimes but am realizing this could be a completely wrong assumption, looking more closely at Gonzalo's quote above.)  It seems to me that looking at Mars' aspect to Pluto could help, ie, if it were in new or crescent phase, perhaps it could be well reasoned that the gender switch is fairly new and so completion is not likely in the lifetime indicated.  In my case Pluto is in the 12th (balsamic archetype) - so perhaps a Pluto connection with the 12th/Pisces or Neptune could give some indication...?  Perhaps the SN's relationship to Pluto, and the ruler of the SN in relationship to Pluto...?  Again, if new or crescent phases, perhaps indicates this is something just beginning.  If further along, perhaps indicates the process, also, is further along.  But perhaps, in the end, there are simply too many factors and variables, especially when you add in sexual orientation (Gonzalo mentions a number of potential indicators of homosexuality in his post on gender switch, so seems to me that this could really complexify the picture and efforts to make any clear cut determinations).  And so, perhaps, the only real way to tell is the EA adage of observation and correlation....

Thanks.  I appreciate any thoughts on this.

Warmly,
Ellen
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:49 PM »

Hi Ellen, thanks for your post.

This is something I think a lot about too. Some charts I read and it's clear that they are predominately unfamiliar with the current gender, or that they have been flip flopping back and forth for many lives, or that they are preparing to switch genders in a future life.

Here are my observations and understanding. This has most to do with correlating the chart to evolutionary state. Imagine a soul with the sn in Capricorn squaring the Moon in Libra, with the nn in Cancer who is in the very beginning of the individuated state in a Male body. Throughout his current life he's going to become aware of his own emotional needs and the ways he has repressed them. The relationships in his life will reflect to him his unresolved desires to connect more deeply to the feminine principal. It's very clear to me that in this case the soul is preparing for a future life as a female.

Take the same chart and place that soul in the beginning of the spiritual state or the end of individuated - the soul has already spent lifetimes defying and rebelling from traditional "gender assignment". So the sn in Capricorn will imply that this soul has come to define its own definitions and relationship to gender assignments. It is likely that this soul has been flip flopping between both genders for some time now.

Another thing that has been taught here, is that as a soul evolves further into the spiritual stages gender switching becomes MORE commonplace as the soul is itself androgynous. Progressively over many life times, the human ego, as it becomes more identified with the soul itself, becomes less identified with the form of the body it is inhabiting.
with love,
Ari Moshe
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:13 PM »

Ari,

Thank you for your post.  Very, very helpful to think of it from the perspective of evolutionary stage of development.  I think I have follow up questions for you:

1.) So the skipped step signature in the 1st example (just entering individuated) signals the repression of emotions (Moon skipped step) and the resolution is the very beginning stages (perhaps not happening in this lifetime) of gender switch which in this lifetime is expressing itself as the burgeoning realization of the need to get in touch with his emotions.  And all of this facilitates the individuation process itself.....? 

2.) In the 2nd example (beginning of spiritual state), or any gender switch signature that is in the chart of a Soul at this evolutionary stage, it can be assumed that such a signature indicates lifetimes of having been working with this issue.  So it almost seems to suggest that gender switch itself is something that, almost by definition, facilitates the individuation process, which then leads to the spiritual stage, at which point it's really not any more about individualizing (unless skipped steps necessitate finishing that process); instead it's about learning that what matters is relationship to Spirit.  Gender itself sort of loses its meaning on some level in the sense of it being something to identify with - to define oneself by...... All this is meant as a question.

3.) And what about consensus state.  This person will adapt to whatever gender they are in according to the norms.  They are not going to experience any internal discord because their sole goal is to conform and adapt to social expectation.  They're going to be seen as belonging so they will not receive any discordant feedback from the status quo leading them to question their identity.  So, in an external way, the gender switch would occur quite rapidly?  Yet, it seems to me there would have to be suppression going on and that this would generate subterranean pressure that ultimately led the Soul into the individuation process....  Again, all questions.

Thanks!
Ellen
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2011, 07:08 AM »

Hi Ellen,

First, thanks for sharing yourself in this way. There is no way astrologically, or otherwise, to answer your question. That question is an entirely individual, each Soul, issue that is dependent of many, many factors and variables as you pointed out.

God Bless, Rad
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2011, 12:32 PM »

Thanks, Rad.  Very helpful.

Love,
Ellen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video