School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Phase of nodes in synastry

Started by Steve, Mar 18, 2009, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hi

In a synastry chart how do you calculate the phasal relationship of two people's south nodes - that is, how do you calculate the # of degrees between them?    Which person's south node is the starting point? Do you move clockwise or counterclockwise? 

With their north node to north node, is the phase the same as their south node phases, or the mirror image (waxing vs waning)?
thanks
Steve

Rad

Quote from: Steve on Mar 18, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi

In a synastry chart how do you calculate the phasal relationship of two people's south nodes - that is, how do you calculate the # of degrees between them?    Which person's south node is the starting point? Do you move clockwise or counterclockwise? 

With their north node to north node, is the phase the same as their south node phases, or the mirror image (waxing vs waning)?
thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,
  From what I learned from Wolf he said that to always use the natural zodiac as the frame of reference to calculate the phases of any two points. So in calculating the Nodes in synastry that would mean to use the one's person node that preceded, naturally, the other person's node, i.e. south node in Aries wold precede the south node in Cancer. Thus using that south node in Aries as the baseline or start point. Yet, because the mean motion of the nodes is retrograde, we would then have to reverse the normal rules of the phases. If I had say Mars at one Aries, and another had their Mars at 1 Cancer, that would naturally be a First Quarter Square through natural progression of the signs. But the nodes are retrograde through  mean motion. So even though we would still use the south node of Aries as the baseline we would then see through the natural motion of the retrograde that the south node of Cancer is MOVING TOWARDS that south node in Aries. So it would then be a last quarter square or phase versus a first quarter square or phase if indeed the south nodes were at one Aries and Cancer respectively.
  In this example that would then make the north node at 1 Libra and 1 Capricorn. So, again, using the natural zodiac as our baseline we then see that Libra proceeds Capricorn. With the mean motion of the nodes in mind that again means that the Capricorn node is moving towards the Libra Node: another Last Quarter square or phase.
  Hope this hleps.
  Rad

Ohjoolly

Can you teach me. I would be very much.

Skywalker

Hi Ohjoolly,

Let me know what you are having difficulty understanding and I will try to help you understand.

All the best
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more