School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

GUIDELINES for Volunteer Threads - Real People and Real Experiences

Started by Linda, Nov 23, 2014, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hello EA members,

Welcome!

We are excited to announce the introduction of an upcoming new topic to our message board:

EA PERSONAL IN-DEPTH CHART AND TRANSIT ANALYSIS

(USING THE CHARTS OF REAL PEOPLE)

G U I D E L I N E S

(1)  This will be the "Prep thread" where we can make suggestions, share ideas, ask questions, and discuss the Guidelines and Ground Rules for these threads.  We began with ONE volunteer thread first so that the EA Council could see how it went, before introducing the other threads.  All 4 volunteer threads are now active.

We have in total 4 volunteers all ready to share their real life experiences with us!  Each volunteer begins a new thread.  These volunteers were selected from the "Friends of Jeffrey Wolf Green Evolutionary Astrology" Facebook group.  Those who are EA students, long-term message board members, or have an avid interest in EA were chosen.  We began with the first volunteer - "Jen" in her own thread - and the other 3 volunteer threads began in the New Year 2015.

(2)  Each thread will begin with a medium-length Pluto paradigm (submitted by both volunteer and EA members).  Volunteers will relay their real life experiences, and these will be correlated to the current transits.  With experienced EA astrologers submitting their opinions and insights, the intent of these threads is to inspire and educate students to learn more about the practical application of EA to real life dynamics. Volunteers and EA astrologers will work together as a team.

(3)  Linda and Cat will be your "Hostesses" for these threads.  

(4)  This will be a GROUP project, so EA members at all levels are invited to join in.  

(5)  This project is strictly for "Educational Purposes Only."

(6)  DISCLAIMER:  The comments, opinions, insights, and analyses posted by members of the School of Evolutionary Astrology be they students or practicing astrologers, are intended to serve those students who are engaged in learning Evolutionary Astrology. All content posted in the "Personal: In-depth EA Chart and Transit Analysis" section of the EA message board is For Educational Purposes Only.  The administrators and participants of the School of Evolutionary Astrology disclaim any liability in connection with the contents of this thread.

(7)  SENSITIVE MATERIAL:  Please contact Linda or Cat if any volunteer wishes to remove any content from the project that is sensitive, too personal or harmful. Volunteers' real identities will remain confidential at all times before, during and after the project.  Volunteers do not have to answer any questions that they do not wish to answer.  Volunteers will be free to leave the project at any time.

(8 )  COUNSELING POLICY:  Although we have professional astrologers participating, no counseling will be undertaken.  The group, as a whole, will not be qualified to offer counseling to the volunteers.  Counseling is not suitable in an on-line environment.

(9)   Astrologers and members who participate will be asked to stick to certain parameters:

-      To refrain from advice-giving and recommendation-making.
-      To stick to offering EA paradigm and information.
-      To widen the consciousness and awareness.
-      To offer evolutionary ways and perspectives of looking at things.
-      To empower the volunteers to make their own decisions.
-      To refrain from crossing the line consciously or unconsciously and start suggesting
       what a volunteer should or should not do.
-      To refrain from discussing very sensitive issues in-depth.
-      To refrain from providing answers, solving problems, giving readings, or predicting the future.

(10)  Cat and Linda will step in and "moderate" at times so that the Guidelines are upheld.  However, all advanced EA members will be authorized to take the initiative and moderate where necessary.

(11)  To be posted at the beginning of each thread:  birth chart with planetary nodes and aspect grid (some volunteers will have the birth data blank), a questionnaire, short biography, timeline of important life events.  Soon thereafter:  current transits, progressions, celestial events.

(12)  Each volunteer will be known by a pseudonym.  Their true identities will never be revealed.  Only Linda and Cat know the volunteers' true identities.

(13)  Each volunteer will submit a short Pluto paradigm of their own chart beginning with their evolutionary condition (Consensus, Individuated, or Spiritual - and the sub-stage).

(14)  Each member/astrologer will be invited to submit a short Pluto paradigm of the volunteer's chart.  Please keep these Pluto paradigm assignments medium-sized - not thesis-style - as we don't want to overwhelm the volunteer with too much information.

(15)  Next, we will ask the volunteer the all-important EA question, "Why are you here?"

(16)  Volunteers will relay "real life events" as per their choice, and as time permits.  Real life events will be correlated to current transits.  For this purpose, tri-wheels (made up of natal, transits, and progressions) will be posted, together with interaspects.  

(17)  EA astrologers and members to play "EA detectives."

(18)  The following will take place in no particular order:  

-      Pinpointing and discussing the EA astrological/psychological dynamics correlating to the transits.
-      Discussion.  Analysis.  Commentary.  
-      Q & A both ways.  
-      Quick dynamics/specific questions:  to keep things moving along.
-      Each volunteer shares EA lessons and insights along the way.

(19)  Subconscious content.  Correlating repeating patterns to the chart.  If they wish, volunteers can share repeating patterns or issues they have noticed in their life that surface in various areas such as:

-      relationships (friends, family, or intimate)
-      career/work
-      self-expression (creativity, personal growth)
-      spiritual
-      or any other area.

For example, these repeating patterns can begin with:

"I always........... "
"I never............ "
"I must............"
"I can't............"

(20)  Linda and Cat:

-      will send regular updates of current planets, transits, progressions, and other celestial events.
-      will post articles, videos, book recommendations, etc. to keep things informative and interesting.
-      will quote sections from the EA Glossary, providing EA teachings and techniques.

(21)  Rad will respond to questions asked of him, and will read the threads to keep abreast of what is happening.

~      ~      ~

Please feel free to discuss the above guidelines, and send in any questions or suggestions you may have.

Sincere thanks to all who are participating.

This is a "first" for the School of EA ~ so let's make it a good one!

Your Hostesses,

Linda and Cat   :D

[Birth chart for this project attached]

FORMATTING TIPS FOR THIS THREAD

[1]  Could you please add a SUB-HEADING to your posts (like the example below) that will make it helpful to know at a glance what we are discussing.

EXAMPLE:
Quote from: Linda on Nov 25, 2014, 04:53 AM
Hello Upasika and welcome!

EVOLUTIONARY STAGE

Thank you for your comment regarding the critical importance of determining the Evolutionary Stage.  To determine the evolutionary stage, the volunteers were asked to read . . .

[2]

cat777

Hi Linda and All,

The chart for this project looks interesting itself. Good job on all you've done. I want everyone to know that although Linda is sharing credit with me, I have only provided her with a few ideas, Linda has done all of the rest and she has done a thorough job. I'm looking forward to the first chart.

cat

Skywalker

Hi Linda, Cat and all,

Nice new phase conjunction between Mars and Pluto in the 9th house!

Seems well thought out and I´m sure it will be a great learning experience for all who participate.

All the best

www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

imsara

dear Linda and Cat et al, Thank you for all the thought and preparation!  It looks like a very supportive structure and process that is bound to illumine and expand EA-

Linda

Hello Cat, Skywalker, Imsara, and everyone!

I want everyone to know that Cat is an AMAZING ideas person, and she also has the most incredible natural conflict resolution skills .... so thank you Cat so much for sharing this task with me!  I could never do this alone.  So happy that this is a GROUP project!

Yes, Skywalker, the chart is pretty good for our purposes!  Pluto in the 9th, and a good bunch of planets in the 7th (sharing), and in the 8th (EA Soul depth).  There are Mars skipped steps, with resolution through the North Node Libra 6th.  The PPP in the 3rd .... so lots of analysis, detail, information, service, sharing and caring!

So good to have you on board Imsara!  I look forward to your input very much indeed!

Cheers,

Linda

Daniel

Thank you Linda and Cat for opening this space.  It has great promise to be a wonderful healing and teaching experience for all involved.  The current Uranus-SN, SN-Eris conjunction is certainly stirring things up and creating some room (this room?) for change, not to mention Jupiter and Lilith adding more fire to the mix. We are blessed to live in interesting times, yes? Time to move past restrictions and claim our truth.

Blessings, gratitude, and prayers for peace,

Daniel

Pallas

Hello All,

I'm liking the Moon Venus conjunction in Sag trine Uranus, and Jupiter in the 4th.  We are birthing-building nurturing heart-centered familial truths with each other.

Cheers!

Linda

Welcome Daniel!

Your quote:  "It has great promise to be a wonderful healing and teaching experience for all involved."

I agree that overall it's going to be a wonderful healing and teaching experience.

Your quote got me thinking about "healing."  With so many Neptune squares in the birth chart of this project, this can be a fascinating area of discussion, whereby we can ask:

Is the astrologer getting into a saviour or god complex?  (Neptune)

Does the astrologer think he/she can "save" or "heal" the client?

What is the true role of the astrologer?

So glad you're on board Daniel!  I'm looking forward to some great discussions with you.

Cheers,

Linda

Linda

Quote from: Pallas on Nov 23, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hello All,

I'm liking the Moon Venus conjunction in Sag trine Uranus, and Jupiter in the 4th.  We are birthing-building nurturing heart-centered familial truths with each other.

Cheers!

Welcome Pallas!

The chart looks really dynamic.... We chose it.... I wonder why?  It will all unfold.

:D  Linda

Daniel

Linda,

Thank you for your gracious welcome.

IMHO, the role of the astrologer is to simply and directly address the needs of the client. Nothing more, nothing less.  Mark Jones explains it quite aptly...astrologers often fall into the "wizard syndrome", using the consulting session as the opportunity to tell the client everything that they might know about their chart, rather than limiting the work to the specifics that brought the client to the reading in the first place. We only have a limited time, perhaps only an hour or so to give them the information that are seeking. Everything else simply clutters the consultation and becomes TMI for the client to absorb and process.

Clearly, the work of this volunteer thread is not a consultation, but rather a chart clinic where we are working together as a team, with the volunteers, to help them understand the signatures, themes, and dynamics active in their own charts. The old adage is operative here: "If you give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.  If you teach him how to fish, he can eat for a lifetime."

Prayers for peace,

Daniel

Linda

Hi Daniel,

Just a quick note to say that it's important to understand that the volunteers and EA astrologers will all be working together as a team to create a learning environment.

I will clarify that these threads will be For Educational Purposes Only (and not really a "clinic").  ;)

Btw, would you care to post your MP3 that I heard today:  Planetary Moment for November 23rd, 2014 ... as it describes many of the planetary positions and aspects of the birth chart for our group ... and I would love to listen to it again.

Thanks Daniel!

Cheers,

Linda

Daniel

Hi Linda and team,

Here is the link to the Planetary Moment radio broadcast from last Sunday regarding the New Moon in Sag which is a short recorded version of my full blog:
http://www.4evolutionaryastrology.com/audio/Planetary%20Moment%20Nov%2023.mp3

This is a link to the full blog:
http://www.4evolutionaryastrology.com/newmoon.html

Prayers for peace,

Daniel

Linda

Simon

Really excited and looking forward to being apart of this experience. 

Linda

Welcome!

It's wonderful that you are part of the team, Simon!  :D