Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chariklo, Chiron's Wife  (Read 63 times)
Sunyata

« on: May 27, 2015, 11:40 PM »

I was on space.com and saw an article about a ringed asteroid between Saturn and Uranus. The article was about how this came as a surprise to astronomers because it was the first asteroid with rings around it that had ever been discovered and they didn't think that asteroids were large enough to have rings.

Kept reading about this asteroid named Chariklo (asteroid number 10199) and lo and behold in mythology Chariklo was Chiron's wife! The other thing that is interesting is that Chariklo is larger than Chiron, is closer to Uranus than it is to Saturn and Chariklo was not a centaur but a Nymph. It has a 63 year orbit.

This is the article from only 14 months ago about it's discovery.

http://news.discovery.com/space/asteroids-meteors-meteorites/first-asteroid-discovered-sporting-a-ring-system-140326.htm

This was news to me. Was anyone aware of this and if so, has anyone spent time on the meaning of the mythology within the context of EA?
Skywalker
Very Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:45 AM »

Hi Sunyata,

Thank you for sharing this, I had no idea Chiron had a wife!

All the best
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:03 AM »

Hi,

Here is some information about her:  http://www.zanestein.com/chariklo.htm

Note near the end:" It is too soon to come up with keywords for Chariklo. But I am postulating one keyphrase: "question reality". We need to plunge ahead and study her in charts to discover the validity of this, and find what other keywords might apply."
Sunyata

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:51 AM »

Yes! Pretty interesting. When I have time I want spend more of it on absorbing some of the meaning. Natally it is  in Pisces in the 7th, opposite my ascendant by less than half a degree, and transiting Chiron is on it right now via a conjunction. Have been dealing with my xwifes major PTSD from her abusive son and family and her inability to function now that she is separate from the abusive son finally.  That's my initial observation just looking at my chart but I need to find time to research it more.

Maybe if we share some observations from our own chart we can begin to put pieces together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: