School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Sixth House & Issues of Self-improvement

Started by Rad, Jan 24, 2015, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

The following is a lecture that JWG gave on one of the core archetypes of the 6th House, Virgo, and Mercury that is rooted in the need within all Souls for self improvement.

God Bless, Rad                           

The Sixth House & Issues of Self-improvement

Jeffrey Wolf Green

Norwac 1987

Good morning. You all awake and ready? Yes? This morning's talk is on the sixth house and the theme is issues in self-improvement. The first thing to know about the sixth house and/or Virgo is that it is a transitional archetype, a transitional archetype between houses and/or signs of houses one through five and then seven through 12. And as in all my lectures, if you have questions, go ahead and ask them at the point you have the question.
---
---The twelfth house, which is the natural polarity to the sixth house, is itself a transitional archetype.  So then we can ask the logical question, what's that about? What's the transition about? The point here is that from the first house and/or Aires to the fifth house (Leo) the whole focus is on subjective development. In other words, the first house correlates to the instinct in all folks to initiate experiences through which they begin to arrive at their own essential individuality. That journey continues right on through the fifth house in which that individuality is now known and creatively actualized in a strictly egocentric subjective way. The fifth house, as an example, can be correlated to what is called delusions of grandeur or the peacock syndrome. And thankfully we have a sixth house and/or Virgo. 
---
---From the sixth house and/or Virgo point of view there's a great Taoist saying that applies here called "the axe falls on the tallest tree". The axe falls on the tallest tree, meaning if you're projecting yourself via delusions of grandeur and/or in a Leonian way, expecting all things to revolve around you or acting like you are the center of the universe, then the axe will fall on the tallest tree. How does that happen?
---
---Keep in mind that the sixth house in and of itself is a naturally Yin house, a feminine house. Virgo is naturally mutable, naturally earth orientated. This correlates to inner self-analysis. Through that self-analysis you're mentally aware of that which you need to improve, perfect and/or adjust and/or eliminate in order for the journey of perfection to occur. What is being analyzed is the ego, the self-image. And then the effort is made to perfect it. This then creates an inner criticism--An inner criticism. I mean all of us are aware of our junk right? So, of course, this is also projected, meaning in a typically yin-like way we can receive criticism.
---
---So in respect to the axe falling on the tallest tree, needing to go through ego blows at some point in our life, we simply create situations through which we attract the appropriate circumstances to receive the appropriate messages, keeping in mind that Virgo is naturally ruled by Mercury. So we get the appropriate messages at the appropriate time. But since you have a naturally introspective archetype this then means that most of us are already aware of what we need to fix and where our deficiencies are. So the point here, since we are already aware of these things, is that we will naturally have a critical and/or defensive response with respect to received criticism. We don't need to hear it, we think.
---
---So what then happens if we drop into too much of a negative spiral with the thing? Via the twelfth house polarity we can begin to feel victimized or persecuted or conspired against, somehow thinking that things are happening to us in an unjust way, and we don't receive the message. We now use this as a typically sixth house excuse to justify what we're maintaining.
---
---So the archetypes of the sixth house are yin, earth, mutable. So on the one level you've got the mutable archetype, i.e. the need to grow the ever shifting spiral, and yet earth in and of itself wants to give definition and structure to reality and, therefore, security. And you have a naturally yin archetype which means energy returning to the center, i.e., your core. So where does the growth then occur? Can't you see the basic symbolism here where the growth occurs through self-introspection and by adjusting ourselves in this self-analysis and trying to become inwardly aware of that which not only needs to be adjusted but also becoming aware of the specific strategies, sixth house-strategies--Mercury ruled, that we must actualize in our life to affect ongoing self-improvement?
---
---So the key becomes this: You have this natural mutable yin conflict taking place on earth, and one of the inherent traps because of this archetypes is to induce procrastination and/or laziness. Creating mental reasons, rationales/excuses of why you're not going to do the thing that you know you should do when you should do it. You have this natural twelfth house polarity creating that sense of self-undermining. So then we can ask this question, why? Why does this happen?
---
---One of the basic issues in Virgo and the sixth house that most of us don't realize is that Virgo/sixth house correlates to a sense of guilt that cannot be intellectualized, cannot be rationalized. You can't put your conscious finger on the thing and say that's why.  And because of this inherent guilt--keeping in mind that one of the archetypes of the sixth is purification--when any time you set up the need to purify, it implies something else, doesn't it? Impurity, which itself can be connected to this sense of guilt.  So what happens is that the sixth house via the twelfth house polarity creates the need to atone. One of the acts of atonement is not to do the thing for yourself you should do when you should do it. It's a subconscious voice that says I need this state of crisis, you see? I need this sense of pain. I need to have this sense that my life is not working quite right.

(Audience): Is that then the motivator to make the change? That things get so heavy that you finally turn around and make the change?

(Jeffrey): No, the key is to understand why it's happening. And the point here is that if we degenerate into a state of crisis, i.e. not doing the things we know we should do for ourselves when we should do them, and/or attracting circumstances in our life which make us feel like we're not working in all cylinders, feeling contained or inhibited or trapped by, this will always enforce a sixth house analysis. And it's through the analysis that one becomes aware of the dynamics generating the crisis in the first place. So crisis then serves--sixth house, serves--as a vehicle through which self-knowledge (Mercury ruled), takes place, because it puts the light of day, i.e. the crisis, upon the dynamics, through the analysis. 

---So, when you just break this down to basic astrology, whatever sign you have on your sixth house (inherent implication of negative, yin) implicates that the negative associations correlated with that sign are the very dynamics, and/or characteristics, and/or orientations, that have to be adjusted, improved. Because you have a natural polarity involved, the sign on your twelfth house will represent the unconscious ideal to you, that which implies perfection. You see? And you always have this natural polarity back and forth.
---
---So as an example, if we have Aires on the sixth house, what do you feel the inherent negatives would be that would have to be purified, adjusted, and improved? Don't you think it would be gross, egocentric displays? You see my point? Arian displays, the Me syndrome. And what's the idea implied on the Libra/twelfth house? Equality. Not who's superior, not who's inferior, not who's leading whom, not who's following, but equality: individual equality, and social equality. The ideal of giving rather than taking. The negative application of Aires is to take, isn't it? Give to me! Whereas the implied idea of Libra on the twelfth would be-let's give first, then we receive. 
---
---If you break it down to a basic sixth house issue of work and/or service, the negative Aires says what? With respect to employment and/or work issues, what do you think it would say? Look, Aires is the instinct in all people that makes you feel that you have something special to do that is unique to your own individuality. So if you link this to the sixth house, what is now instinctively related to that which is special? Can't you see the scene now? The negative Aires emerging in the work place. Here I am, you see! I am here! And of course, the projected criticism. Libra/twelfth house, all these other voices going, "Well, so what?"
---
---The point is that Aires on the sixth is going to be learning how to work to cooperate in an equal way in the work space. Not wanting to dominate it, not wanting to be the superior. So the point here is that until such a realization is made via the sixth house Aires, that special work which is implied there will be denied. And it's that kind of crises, i.e. the denial, that enforces the analysis leading to the awareness of the dynamics, hopefully creating the reasons as to why, which then effects self-improvement and adjustment. Do you see what I'm getting at? Is it clear? I mean it's ten in the morning, is it clear? (Laughter) Where's my coffee?
---
---You see, one of the problems that can be generated because of this self-analysis and this awareness of imperfection, and need to improve, is that it can also create the inner feelings of self-doubt-self-doubt. So when you start talking about work issues, if the individual excessively drops into these negative correlations, self-doubt or self-analysis, it can then lead to the feeling of, "I'm not ready", "I'm not prepared to do what my work capacity suggests". And through excuse making I only minimally develop the maximum of the potential. You see, you have a whole realm of potential there. But forever focusing on what I need to fix creates this self-doubt, which then creates the necessary excuses to justify the non-performance leading to minimal actualization of that which could be. Yet another crisis!

(Audience): How do you move through that without getting totally bottled up?

(Jeffrey): The key through the sixth house--keeping in mind you have this mutable, yin, earth archetype--one of the keys is to follow instinctual rhythm. In other words, the key to perfection lies through action, not sitting in one space analyzing it to tears.  So what you have is that you have to be in conformity with the archetype. In other words, on a cyclic or rhythmic basis it will be appropriate to step back and to introspect, and then just as appropriate in the other rhythm to act and to follow those instincts. Too much of either equals being out of balance.

(Audience): If there is a stellium in the sixth house and nothing in the twelfth house to balance that, does that imply a different approach?

(Jeffrey): No. It gives it a specific structure that is unique to that person. But here comes your answer from another point of view. The natural planetary ruler of the sign on your sixth house, where it's located by house and sign, the aspects to it, are the specific strategies that you must implement to effect on-going self-improvement that is continually developed through action. This is also true with respect to the planetary ruler on the twelfth house. Because you're going to have the ideals implied on the sign on the twelfth house which, through follow-through, are also linked to its planetary ruler through house and sign. So you have, on the one hand, the practical strategies of the sixth house to consistently actualize, act upon. And you have the planetary ruler of the twelfth house having this total connection to the ideal. You see? So these themselves become areas of experience to act upon. And then you unite or synthesize the opposite. So as an example let's say we have Aires on the sixth house, and we put the planetary ruler Mars in Cancer, and we put that in the ninth house. Now what would you feel to be specific strategies--concrete, practical strategies--that the individual could actualize to affect its on-going self-improvement. What do you think?

(Audience): Listening, studying.

(Jeffrey): What would be listened to and what would be studied? Couldn't we just simply suggest to the person, no-matter what their evolutionary state was, to just simply invest themselves in reading literature of a higher-mind nature? In any given dynamic and/or structure, and/or form, it makes no difference. And by simply exposing the self to these higher mind ideas, what happens? You satisfy all the requirements. You have, of course, the requirement of humility (sixth house). So what happens if I expose my ego to higher mind ideas? You see? Does this not begin to place some proper perspective on my sense of individuality in a metaphysical or religious context? You see?

---I'm expanding my horizon, which through necessary cycles of reflection, i.e. self introspection, I also back off now and then and reflect on what is happening here, which itself creates adjustment of what is happening when I'm reading and/or going to school. And is this not going to have an impact on the emotional structure implicated in the security associated with the negative Aires ego? I mean just the basic strategy. Can't we also say that another practical thing to do in that kind of symbolism, because of the connection to the ninth house, Aires, action itself, when you feel like getting in the stupid car, GO! Don't make excuses for it. Meaning that, if you place yourself in physical motion-travel, ninth house--this will promote an inner processing that can only occur because of the physical motion, rather than sitting in the chair all the time and trying to analyze it to death, in which you just get lost in mental collapse.

(Audience): You're saying action is the method because of Aires. Would it be a different method with another sign?

(Jeffrey): No, we're giving you an archetype. By placing a sign there we're illustrating that archetype. As an example, take the same Aires and put Mars in Libra in the eleventh house. You still have this archetype of Aires needing to be purified, but now what are the specific strategies? They change from the ninth/Cancer to the eleventh/Libra. So, what are the strategies? Can't you see the classic case?

---The individual instinctively (Aires) attracts to itself a diversity of people (Libra/eleventh house) who now all begin to have all these messages apparently (eleventh house) out of the blue, and yet here they come.  What is the challenge? Are you going to tell the Aires/sixth house, "Yes, these people are just conspiring to come down on your case"? Or are you gonna say, "Objectively listen to the messages that you're receiving"?  And maybe also suggest that the individual get involved with some sort of social cause and/or group of people who share a common purpose. And by creating this interaction effecting equality--Libra in the context of relationship to which individuality (Mars)--is adjusted. You see, basic things. Then you satisfy this Libra/twelfth house. 

---Now most of us have learned that when we say transitional archetype this means that transition is taking us into the seventh house and beyond. So what the transition amounts to is an adjustment from excessive ego-centric self identity, i.e. delusions of grandeur. We have to then experience the inherent lack and/or inferiority associated with the sixth house in order to reenter the world, i.e. seventh house and beyond, hopefully as equals--not as inferiors, not as superiors, but as equals.  From the fifth house point of view this correlates to what we call the pyramid archetype, in which the individual is sitting on top of their own pyramid expecting all things to revolve around it.  Whereas the sixth house is what we call the inverted pyramid, in which all things are sitting on you, (laughs) and you're serving it.  And this is why the sixth house correlates to the work issue. 
---
---Work obviously implies self-sacrifice.  The fifth house wants to do its own trip;  I'm on the stage of life. And yet the sixth house demands work and/or commitment and/or service to a larger whole, keeping in mind that the sixth is naturally linked to the twelfth, society. In the twelfth house commitment to a larger whole and the self-sacrifice of egocentric whims creates the necessary analysis, adjustments, humility, purification, and so on, and leads to the inverted pyramid. Now, obviously, in some societies the work assignment is fixed; i.e. in your more authoritarian regimes and/or in your caste systems, like in India, it's fixed, and you can see if it's fixed. But what if I feel I have the capacity to be some administrator at a government level and yet by coming into a fixed nation, fixed class, fixed caste, I'm required to be a welder? Or if I come into freer worlds in which I have the option of actualizing the work that is relevant to Me. Then what happens?
---
---We have to submit ourselves to the Earth archetype--second, sixth, and tenth--the customs, norms, taboos, laws, and regulations of the specific society that we're born into. In other words, if I want to be a psychologist, and I feel I have the inherent capacity to be a psychologist, if I am born into this country, this country says what?  "Well far out, but you go to school for eight years, and you get your Ph.D!"  Do you see my point now? The ego is submitted to a larger source or force of power that it cannot control, and it is the submission to that source that leads to the very same effects. And if I don't submit to it, I may still want to be a psychologist, but if I don't do what is required, what happens?
---   
---This issue in self-improvement is going on all the time. In other words, the planets that rule your sixth and second houses are always transiting some place through your chart all the time. And this means all you have to do is locate the current transitory position of those two planets, and you will specifically find the issues, dynamics or experiences that are occurring that come under this theme of self-improvement and where the current strategies will lie to affect it, as well as where the current external criticism can occur--where the current inner criticism can be affected. Where the current sense of lack can be felt. Now just take a moment to ponder on your own charts right now.  Locate the current transits to those points and see if you can identify this in your life.

(Audience): In my case I have Cancer on the sixth house cusp, which is ruled by the moon and the moon moves around the chart at such a rapid rate.

(Jeffrey): What does that suggest to you in terms of your own information?  It suggests that you have a nature that is perpetually trying to catch up. And by always having the sense that you don't have enough time in your day and are always trying to catch up, how does this implicate and correlate to your sense of emotional security? Isn't the larger teaching: What is security in the first place? And the twelfth house ideal becomes responsible for establishing your security, instead of trying to find your security linked with the work space, or trying to find your sense of personal authority projected only in what?

---Now, of course, the sixth house itself can be transited; the natal ruler itself can be transited, and it can be progressed to, and it can progress. You're going to have a solar return sixth house and so on. In other words, if you look at it this way, you're going to have a tremendous volume of information to deal with at any moment in time. The point here, obviously, is that self-improvement correlates to the issue of growth, so that the journey of perfection can be realized.

---To me, the 29 degree symbol is obviously a very potent symbol, just as zero and the one degree are; these come under the archetype of mutation. With respect to the 29 degree symbol, this correlates to culmination: an entire evolutionary cycle with respect to the sign on that sixth house at 29 degrees that's coming to culmination in this life. It implies whole evolutionary lifetimes before this that you've been dealing with it, and it's come into a point of culmination this time, and it's beginning to mutate. And because it's culminating, it means that whatever you haven't dealt with, all of that is re-experienced in this life. 

---We also must talk about this natural relationship i.e. mutable grand cross, between the sixth, twelfth, third, and ninth.  The basic thrust of this archetype is for self-knowledge, self-expansion with respect to self-improvement.  So, if you start with the third house, the natural Gemini house, you have a situation which is also Mercury ruled, and this side of Mercury (in Gemini) sets us in motion to simply collect information about the nature of reality in general--the need to collect information, facts, and data. The need to give names to what we call phenomenal reality. In other words, from the point of view of the ninth house, this is phenomenal reality. This is not called a lectern in and of itself. The human mind projects a name upon it in order to connect it to another name, which is called a platform, in order to connect it to another name, which is called a floor, which is connected to the wall and so on. And we create intellectual structure: One fact leading to the next fact-logic--in order to feel secure. How many of us could live happily in a phenomenal universe, giving names to nothing, simply living in existential voids our whole life? Not many of us.  So my point is that via the third house, we do all this collection. We create our own unique intellectual structure, which creates the very basis of our opinions.
---
---So via the sixth house, the Mercury function here, analyzes. It analyzes what it's taking in. One of the functions of the sixth house from another point of view is what is called discrimination: What facts am I going to take in, and what am I going to reject? And through classification and analysis, we put it together, making compartments, files and all this. This fact goes here, this fact goes here. And if that fact doesn't agree with my existing intellectual structure, I criticize it and reject it.
---
---The point of view from the sixth house, the Mercury side, is that it correlates to the intrinsic capacity, through analysis, to pinpoint the weakest link in any intellectual argument, and by finding the weak link, tear the remaining argument down in order to justify its own existing point of view. And via the ninth house in its negative state, this now correlates to what we call the Billy Graham complex: the need to indoctrinate, convince or convert other people to your point of view in order to feel now intellectually and philosophically secure.  Does this not now give rise to sectarian philosophies and religions that have ordered it in their own little ways?  Now creating the Mercury voice, "We're right, you're wrong"? 
---
---The point here is that the ninth house of itself correlates to the archetype of intuition, what others like to call the sixth sense.  The point here is that we're all linked to the universe, the galaxies and so on, and because of this very basic fact,  most people at most times will (ninth house) ponder or speculate or wonder what it all means. What does it all mean from a phenomenal point of view? And so with respect to our third and sixth houses we create our convenient intellectual structures to put it together. Now check this thing out.
---
---We all have intuition, so the point here is that which we call truth, i.e. ninth house, exists. We have a created universe so there must be some law, some truth to explain that which exists. In other words, truth can't be invented, it can only be realized.  So whatever my specific intellectual orientation is, whatever my specific intellectual/emotional needs are, whatever kinds of questions are generated, my intuition is orientated to the universe in that way. In other words, if I think of religion from an agnostic point of view and that constitutes the basis of my intellect, then my intuition is tapped into the universe to intuit the structural truth of agnosticism. Do you see my point? And this is called picking up a portion of the truth.

---Intuition is that part in all of us that simply knows what it knows without knowing how it knows it. It is the wisdom that is inherited from your own prior lives and bring in to this life. But then we ask the next question: Is what you know the whole truth or part of the truth? So this sets in motion--keeping in mind the twelfth house polarity--the need to understand the whole truth, you see, not a portion. And you have this natural mutable grand cross so now what happens? We start to attract to ourselves intellectual and philosophical confrontations, arguments and disagreements. Now why is this happening? To make us aware of the limitations in our own intellectual orientation? And can this not create cyclic philosophical and intellectual crisis when my own points of view have now become criticized or attacked or exposed for their limitations? Does this not then enforce analysis? Does not the analysis now lead to the dynamics creating the situation? Can this now not be adjusted? 
---
---The problem from the point of view of the sixth house, in this culture, is that it correlates to what, philosophically speaking, is called deductive logic: trying to build the whole out of the parts.  You know you read in your happy astrological calendars--can't see the forest for the trees. And the twelfth house polarity: what is it trying to teach from a philosophical point of view? To learn how to transfer into inductive logic: Identifying the whole first--the whole--so that its specific parts are revealed in their natural order.
---
---So what we're now talking about is the inherent conflict or discrepancy between opinion and truth. Approaching it from the ninth house point of view, if I'm teaching from the point of view of self-righteousness, i.e., "My point is right and yours isn't," is this really teaching or is it indoctrination? If I teach from a Socratic point of view, is this real teaching? 

---The problem when you were born into the Western world within the last 300 to 400 years is that the whole emphasis was on empiricism, you see, scientific fact, which promotes a linear intellect, a fact oriented intellect. It emphasized deductive logic. So from the point of view of the sixth house in this kind of world, the twelfth house is perceived as irrational, contrasted with what is called rationalism or pragmatism or that which is practical. According to whom? That's my question! You're going to tell me what's practical? That's your form of practicality. You see what I'm getting at?   
---
---If you were born in the East, I mean even the language structure of the East is character, whole concepts--abstract principles are reflected--versus just a word, like in the West. And from the point of view of the East, that which is called rational in this culture is called irrational. Who's right? Who's wrong? You see? So all we're trying to suggest is that you all have a third, sixth, ninth and twelfth house. The signs that you have on this natural grand cross, their planetary rulers, and the aspects that they may be making, will show you specifically in your own case, how you experience this archetype and the inherent conflict within it. The ultimate challenge of any mutable archetype is to synthesize, so that this finally leads to a vision or the knowledge of the whole truth.
---
---Now from a more individual point of view, this also means your own truth.  The point here is that this natural mutable archetype (the grand cross implied) is trying to teach every single one of us to identify our own natural truth, our own natural law and to actualize it. Not to live somebody else's truth, but to identify your own. So the signs that you have on these points, the planets, show you the kinds of experiences that you inwardly orientate to and externally draw to enforce this realization. So when you try to illustrate these things, what if an individual had Capricorn on the third house, Cancer on the ninth, Aires on the sixth and Libra on the twelfth? What kinds of inner experiences/outer circumstances would the individual effect in order to arrive at his/her own natural truth? Let your intuition guide you now. Don't get hung up in sixth house analysis. (laughter)

(Audience): The action to search.

(Jeffrey): The action to search for what? This combination, in general, would tend to create the affect in which the individual would want to try and establish its own authority (Capricorn) its own voice (Aires) through which its self-image (Cancer) and security (Cancer/ninth house) was realized, and via the Libra/twelfth house, how would this search for personal truth be projected on to the external environment? 

(Audience): So you're saying in an enlightened sense the individual would project his or her own natural truth from the point of view of relativity (twelfth house/Libra), "This is my version of the truth I'm just trying to share with you, and this is your version of the truth and we respect individuality (Aires/sixth house).

(Jeffrey): And could we not also say with respect to Capricorn on the third house, what the natural intellectual orientation of the individual would be with respect to collecting what kinds of information? What would be the natural draw here? 

(Audience): Business

(Jeffrey):  That's a bit specific. Can't we just generally say--because we have to speak in generalities--couldn't we say, in general, that at least the individual would orientate to tradition, established authority. So then the question becomes, in a potential crisis, what authority and what tradition?  And by aligning its own individuality with some existing tradition, this becomes the basis for its own authority because its connected to something other than just itself (Capricorn) through which its own individuality (Aires) is realized, which constitutes the element of inner security (Cancer/ninth house), which constitutes the element of its beliefs, which is intellectually justified through the tradition itself. 

(Audience): I have exactly the opposite of that.

(Jeffrey):  What it that trying to suggest? Clearly with that combination you must learn to establish your own voice by breaking free from tradition and reformulating your sense of security in that individual discovery--learning how to honestly express to people (Libra on the sixth), at all times what is really on your mind. 

---Is this something you think you can apply in your own work now? I mean is it practical enough for you (sixth house)? (laughter)

---So my basic point is very simple.  Because you have this natural mutable archetype, you will have key cycles in your life in which you experience philosophical or intellectual crisis or for some spiritual crisis and for others religious crisis when the ideas that your orientated to become crystallized (Earth) no more productive - counter-productive, which then sets in motion this natural crisis, i.e., the search for new information (third house/ninth house/twelfth house), which will add to your existing intellectual/philosophical foundation so that you can grow, with respect to the search for the whole truth. The point of view from the twelfth house is to dissolve all intellectual and philosophical limitations which prevent knowledge of the whole truth. So we have these key cycles of crisis in which this happens. This can be measured through transits. It can be measured through progressions. It can be measured through solar returns. We all go through it. 

---So in terms of strategies of self improvement, just locate the ruler of your sixth house, locate the natural ruler of your twelfth house, determine the aspects therein, focus upon the specific experience and activities that they suggest to be consistently acted upon, so that if this is done, it will minimize the intensity of any given crisis that you have to go through. 

(Audience):  What if you have planets in the sixth house?

(Jeffrey):  Obviously, if you have planets in the sixth house every one of those psychological correlations or functions is being acted upon with respect to these archetypes throughout life.  The signs that they naturally correlate to or rule, and their own house locality are, in effect, brought into this sixth house and acted upon throughout life. Throughout life.  It's one of the life intentions. 

(Audience): So what would happen if you had the ruler of the twelfth house in the sixth? I think it would help you by bringing it out because the twelfth house is unconscious, so with the planet in the sixth wouldn't that externalize it?

(Jeffrey): Yes, but you also have this problem: The sixth house is naturally inconjunct the ascendant and naturally opposed the twelfth house, so with respect to the inconjunct, i.e. the Yod, the ideal implied in that twelfth house planet being located in the sixth can seem so pure, so idealized that with respect to the individual self-analysis and the focusing on the lack, not feeling ready, do you see what I'm getting at? That it seems almost unattainable, and as a result generates the necessary excuses or reasons to not develop it. That is, in fact, the most common application. It is the rare individual who can consistently act, i.e. put one step in front of the other, to realize the full potential of that planet. As Brian was saying in his lecture, it becomes a projected phenomenon when you are trying to seek that sense of perfection in something else--It can be another person, it can be a family member, it can be a work structure--without developing it within. It's a very common problem. 

---But then you ask the question, "Why did that individual choose to be born with that kind of planetary placement, from an evolutionary point of view?"  Nevertheless, that planet locality suggests the appropriate activities to initiate for what needs to be realized, and it just requires one step in front of the other. There's an old philosophy that came out of Taoism, China, one of the ways they would illustrate principles is through analogy or stories. So one of the stories they have that applies to the sixth house is the story of the centipede. Imagine now the centipede has a thousand legs and it's fine as long as it keeps walking, but as soon as it tries to figure out how leg 46 works it becomes catatonic. So the little moral (ninth house) is one step in front of the other. This is how perfection is realized. Not through excessive inaction, not through excessive analysis. Mutability requires action. 

Any more questions? Ok, thank you for coming this morning!

ari moshe

Upasika

Skywalker

Hi Rad,

Thanks for posting this!

All the best
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Linda