Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 10, 2020, 01:02 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Asteroid Pandora from an EA Perspective?  (Read 102 times)
SarahPea

« on: Jul 07, 2020, 03:02 PM »

Hi there everyone, I've been looking through the message boards in search of clues and not finding much about Pandora other than one thread that mentions that Pandora is to be considered when looking at Lucifer in the chart.

Is Rad or anyone well versed in Pandora from an EA point of view able to elaborate on this archetype alone and in context of reading along with asteroid Lucifer?

Thank you for anyone who can shed more light on this topic!
Rad
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2020, 04:32 AM »

Hi SarahPea,

I don't know anything really about Pandora.

God Bless, Rad
Skywalker
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2020, 06:31 AM »

Hi Sarah and Rad,

#55 Asteroid Pandora written by Karina D'Almeida

PANDORA ...
Pandora, one of the most ancestral versions of mortal women, and the "opener” of the forbidden box, represents the principle of curiosity that stirs change.
In her original form she was the generous Anesidora, who was born of the Earth, and who gave food to animals and people. Later, in the time of Greek mythology, Pandora was appropriated by Zeus, and modeled by the gods of the heavens ... became the first mortal woman created by the gods!

According to Hesiod, Zeus sent her to Earth as a malicious "gift", poisoned as a punishment to mankind for having enjoyed the "fire of the gods", yielded by Prometheus (Prometheus appropriated the gift of the fire of the gods, and gave -o to humanity, as a form of defense against ferocious animals, heating, light and for the confection of food). She was granted as the bride of Epimetheus, brother of Prometheus. Pandora (means "all the gifts"), modeled on the beauty of Aphrodite, the cunning and skill of Athena, and the cleverness and lies of Hermes, would come with a mysterious box, whose instruction was to never open it. That box, that container of all evils, which by this time humanity did not yet know, but that soon it would come to know - sickness, evil, old age, poverty, war, greed, greed, envy, betrayal, revenge, and anguish among others... the last thing to leave this box, would be Hope!

Eventually, Pandora, moved by her cleverness and curiosity, and at the same time by her innocence, unaware of such evils, opened the box ... and all the evils were being emptied from the box, until, overwhelmed by the shock of everything she saw / felt, without knowing exactly what it would mean, she closed the box again, just as Hope was ready to come out of it... mankind was therefore contaminated by all the evil devised by the vindictive Zeus but devoid of Hope! For this reason, Pandora was cataloged, just like biblical Eve, as the embodiment of female evil!

In the natal chart Pandora shows how we evolved from Mercury (lower mind) to Uranus (higher mind). Starting from Mercury's curiosity, Pandora acts as a change agent (Uranus), inviting the unexpected and unknown, and opening up new possibilities. In my view, Pandora, in its most primordial version, initiated Man into contact with his Shadow ... an essential condition for a true expansion of consciousness and spiritual evolution! Rising from the Earth, She brings to light that which had previously been hidden. She represents processes of deep cleansing, purification, and healing. It acts as a mixture of Gemini and Scorpio, because through actions (more or less conscious) little "orthodox" (Scorpio), raises the rational intellect (Gemini / Mercury) to the revolutionary intuitive vibration of Uranus.

Astrologically ...
· Indicates our affinity, or predisposition, for innovation, for unexpected discovery and for controversy;
· Indicates possible resistance to change (and how it occurs);
· Show us where, and in what way, we express our deepest, if rebellious, curiosity;
· If, and how we compact with concealment;
· It may indicate a malicious nature, which seeks to agitate the "rotten peace", in order to trigger transmutative processes, essential to evolution;
· Indicates how we conduct and support creative and creative processes.

www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more
Helena
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2020, 04:37 AM »

Hi SarahPea,

I have never really thought or know much about asteroid Pandora, other than reading JWG mention to it in connection to lucifer and Kassandra, specifically Kassandra and Pandora to be indicators of how evil influence can be seen in a woman's chart. Nonetheless, having a passion for the asteroids connected to the natural feminine i tried to in the back of my mind kind of answer it for myself, that is, how is that influence and what is this asteroid from a natural perspective, then a weird synchronicity kind of confirmed my thinking today and thought i should share it here, if it adds something.

At first and at least for me, i always do this exercise in which i try to look at the unnatural layers attached to any of this asteroids and strip it off. We know most myths have been "redressed" from natural teachings of the Great Mother in Her many manifestations to a unnatural or patriarchal version,  and with connection to Pandora having a woman "releasing all the evils of humanity" and so the reason of why there is evil in the world is HUGE red flag. Seen overall, it is of course another version of the garden of Eden, the apple the box, both related to deep change, pluto stuff, here to blame on women or the feminine when the real teaching always reports to the positive cyclical and evolutionary nature of existence and the embrace of the unknown, the dark, balsamic/new phases of life. Knowing that hope remained in the Jar (lost in the translation it was originally a jar not a box, which is subtle message the myth was altered from the yin round shape to the square and yang shape or point of view of the box) is the part of the natural message within the myth to keep in mind as to the real original nature of it: faith in the changing of cycles, winter to spring, and so on (one great book in regard to this is Demetra's George, Mysteries of the Dark Moon).

Now, a very weird confirmation happened for me today relative to this thinkings on Pandora... It is usual for me, if not for everyone, that when we put out a question with simple earnest desire to know the answer (usually in the back of our minds ;-)), at some point (our) universe arranges itself so we are able to grasp the answer and today the known story of journalist Kim Wall whose horrendous murder was in the news a few years ago caught my attention as it was again remembered. I have been very sensitive to this story since it happened and decided to see her chart to at some point remembered to add asteroid Pandora (which i never use) and well... we can learn from her story.

Kim Wall was born on March 23 1987 in Sweden. Her natal Pandora is almost exact to her north node, also conjunct her natal sun and jupiter all in Aries, her south node in Libra is conjunct lucifer rx. This was a woman who was murdered to an evil degree unimaginable inside a submarine, (or box!) It is an unbelievable symbol for this asteroid.
Everyone that knew this woman describes her as innately curious, smart, adventurous, "always on the go, always running after the next thing – a show, an interview, some kind of food she had never tried before – and it would always be worth it, if not for the experience itself, at least because she would have had one more story to tell" (The Guardian").
And i think the story she is telling us is that whatever box she caught herself into was the deep evil inside someone else, nothing herself was responsible for, except to answer and follow the joy and curiosity of living and the courage to be herself. Her story would carry of course other and her own personal reasons for how it ended in the first place but the message for everyone as a symbol, and hopefully this is an extremely unusual extreme of it, it is the repeated message we see in Kassandra. With Kassandra she is warning us of the dangers of doubting ourselves and calling us to trust our inner voice and what we know to be truth and say it; with Pandora she is warning us of projected blame and calling us to answer our instinctual nature and take action to whatever moves us, as that is where we tap into the unknown, and trust our ability and readiness to deal with it.

It is no wonder Pandora's discovery chart has Pandora at 12rx Aries, which is strangely conjunct Kim Wall's Pandora at 13 Aries, may her soul be blessed. For those who do not know the story here are some links

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kim_Wall

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/04/kim-wall-journalist-parents-book

I hope this adds to the archetypal meaning of this asteroid,
Helena
Rad
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2020, 05:17 AM »

Hi Helena,

What a perfect example of Pandora and the link to Lucifer. The story of Kim Wall ... my god: https://www.npr.org/2020/07/07/886539792/journalist-kim-walls-parents-show-she-was-more-than-a-victim-in-a-silenced-voice?t=1594293587689

The N.Node of her Pandora is 8 Aries with her natal Pandora conjunct her Jupiter, Sun, and Lunar N.Node,and the South Node of her Pandora is 14 Libra conjunct her natal Lucifer ! The N.Node of Lucifer is 0 Pisces and conjunct her natal Mercury at 4 Pisces  ... think water .. and the S.Node of Lucifer is 3 Leo square her natal Pluto in Scorpio, and semi-square her natal Mars in Taurus.

Right now the transiting S.Node of Mars is conjunct her natal Lunar S.Node, the natal Lucifer, and the S.node of Pandora. The transiting Mars and Chiron is now conjuncting her natal Pandora, Jupiter, Sun, and Lunar N.Node. The  transiting Lunar S.Node is now exact to her S.Node of Mars. The transiting N.Node of Mars is conjuncting her natal Chiron in Gemini. The transit of Pandora is now exact to her S.Node of Lucifer in Leo, the transiting N.Node is now opposed her natal Pluto, and the transiting S.Node is now square her natal Uranus with is conjunct her natal S.Node of Mars.

God Bless, Rad

* Capture.JPG (34.8 KB, 298x501 - viewed 6 times.)

* kim wall.JPG (163.02 KB, 1096x995 - viewed 11 times.)
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2020, 07:22 AM by Rad » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: