School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Progressed Outer Planets

Started by Soulriser, Apr 27, 2016, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulriser

Hey everyone,

Been reading this board for a while, am new to posting. I've been studying JWG's work for a few years and, like many of you, have been transformed by it.

I'm curious about how secondary progressed outer planets work. I've seen charts where an outer planet has progressed into the next (or retrograded into the previous) sign or house. Let's take an example of Pluto Rx at 0º Libra natally, then after some years of growth, in the secondary progressed chart Pluto retrogrades back to 29º Virgo. Does the natal planet then take on the qualities of the progressed sign, in this case Virgo? Could this case be seen as resolving prior life Virgoan dynamics so that the soul can become more established in the Libra archetype?

Similarly, if a soul has Pluto direct at 29º Virgo, and Pluto progresses into 0º Libra, is that soul testing the Libra waters, as it were, before it firmly dives in later in life, or in a future life?

Thanks!
May you dance joyfully with the stars.

Rad

Hi Soulriser,

First, welcome to the message board. The answers to all the questions you asked is yes. JWG, by the way, never gave much credence to any system of progressions because all systems are 'derived'. He wanted to only focus on transits because they are not derived: actual.

God Bless, Rad

Soulriser

Thanks for the reply, Rad. I know your time is valuable and you do an amazing job keeping this board updated, so I appreciate it.

Indeed, now that you mention it I recall once hearing JWG say that he had fallen out of favor with using progressed charts, that natal and transits is all you really need. That said, I have found secondary progressions to be useful in my own work, the basis of which came from my reading about progressions in Pluto Vol. 1. I've been meaning to try my work without progressions, but...old habits! :)

Similarly, with respect to JWG's preference for direct symbolism over derived, did he always use "true" motion instead of "mean" motion? I know that's the case for the nodes, but I'm particularly interested in Black Moon Lilith. Many astrologers use "mean" Lilith, but I can't get behind using mean motion, partly because it's not a directly correlated symbol (i.e., it's derived), and also because no one would use mean motion for the primary planets. So why use it for nodes and other symbols? My assumption is that JWG always used "true" motion.

Kristin

Hi Soulriser,

I will answer this for Rad here if its OK.

JWG looked solely at the Asteroid Lilith, as she is the only actual physical body.

According to JWG, there is no basis in physical reality of the other two points, ie Dark Moon and Black Moon, for these points are mere projections in space, versus something that is 'real'.

Black Moon Lilith, is an abstract, geometrical point in space, where by yes, a true and mean Node exists, these points can vary to up to twenty degrees which can change one's Black Moon Lilith by house and sign.

The original, pure design, the distortions, and the resolution can be seen all within one symbol, Asteroid Lilith, its own working trinity.

In addition, Asteroid Lilith is the only Lilith with Nodes, another natural working trinity, which is in alignment with EA teachings.

So we recommend you work with the Asteroid, even in terms of themes of resolution, as is so commonly looked at with the Black Moon. For in the end, it is all about returning back to our original design, an evolved version of course, but back to who we naturally were designed to become.

Hope that helps,
Kristin

Soulriser

Thank you Kristin for the thorough answer. You guys are all so generous with sharing EA knowledge, this forum is such a treasure.

I will look more deeply into Asteroid Lilith. I'm curious about one thing, though -- you mention that Black/Dark Moon Lilith are "projections," not "real," because they are abstract points in space, but can't the same be said about the nodes? (Lunar or otherwise) Just wondering if there's a difference I'm missing or if the nodes are special in some way, relative to not being physical objects. Hope this question isn't too off topic.

Kristin

Hi again,

The Nodes are not projections in space, the nodes are based on the orbit's of real planets .. these other Lilith are not based on anything that is real .. can't be seen or observed.

Here is some more info
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/52ab7c41-c050-4b55-97c9-1ad3ffcd04ed

Peace,
Kristin