School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

north node questions

Started by ari moshe, Dec 01, 2009, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

(note: this post is a continuation of a new chart example i posted at the end of page 1)

What I will practice is synthesizing the whole story together. having a square to the nodes from both ends means that both nodes will serve as an integration point for resolving skipped steps. I'll take it a part step by step.

In previous lives, there has clearly been a strong pattern of isolating herself from relationships by being protective and overly assertive of her own independence and freedom AND being in relationships in which there was a lot of projections and satisfying other ppl's perceived needs. This is indicated by the nodal axis being squared.

From the perspective of Neptune- which is squaring the south node. She has created relationships with people who embody the self assertion and will that she herself has lacked. Through those relationships- she has given away all of her power to her partners and SEEN them for who they were, all the while not understanding how spirit wished to move uniquely through her. She has had experiences in the past in which she was deeply invalidated by her partners- resulting in a decision to hide who she is.

The other patterns that this signature implies is staying away from intimacy and not committing with anyone out of a fear of not being truly seen.

The ruler of the sn being venus in leo in the 12th- re-emphasizes the same story, that there has been confusion, and perhaps resistance in creating balanced relationships that support and honor who she is.

So that's one level- and of course, the key here is to attract relationships with people, and ultimately a partner that will love her for exactly who she is and see the divine light in her. This partner will also share a unique sense of purpose and be highly committed to an inner relationship with Godd'ess.

Looking at the north node now, we have Chiron in gemini in the 10th. That relates to a wounding where she has played a public role in society- filling a social purpose, but was subject to intense critisism, and perhaps death from partners who didn't approve of who she was. Also it could relate to having created relationships with people that were heavily judged by society. Ultimately there having been a dissonance between her relationship needs and the way she was serving as a mentor/teacher/healer. And the same pattern comes up- attracting relationships with people in which her partner may express the sense of purpose and direction that she was afraid to develop on her own. So living vicariously through the partner- resulting in a feeling of not knowing her own authority and social role. This has breeded a strong feeling of not feeling a place for herself in the world.

Vesta in Cancer in 11th squaring the north node. We can say that's been about creating a home that is a reflection of her own authenticity- and being fully committed to that way of living. This way of living was unconventional and deemed wrong by her partners, and perhaps society in general which tried to keep her in a state of conformity.

Is it because of the moon on the nn that we can understand why at such a young age she has taken it upon herself to heal? Meaning it implies a karmic familiarity with the Vesta Chiron square?

My hunch is that the moon on the north node implies that she has already done a lot of work in this regard and has developed a strong sense of IDENTITY around how she creates relationships, and the patterns of not creating her own way of being in the world that occurs within these relationships. In this life she is meant to continue developing and acting on that awareness.

Both Vesta and Chiron opposing Neptune, both squaring the nodes- The synthesis of both nodes becomes extremely important. The intent here is a real balance between self autonomy and relationship. Being connected and alive to her own sense of purpose and having a partner/relationships that support and encourage her purpose- also a partner that them self is devoted to a spiritual mission and role in this world.

From there- she has the proper support to develop her unique talent (neptune in the 5th), birth something or another- and provide a social container as a teacher and mentor to help others (chiron in gem in the 10th). It is simultaneously key that she is detached and unconcerned with what she looks like and is devoted to being a vehicle for spirit to work through. She does that by focusing on her own family and community- building and maintaining and vibrant emotional life with other people who she considers to be family (Vesta).

Both rulers of the nodes are conjunct in Leo in the 12th- in this case, implying a need to resolve a past pattern of hiding and not merging her relationship self with her own unique sense of purpose self. She is meant to work with others- to inspire others as an artist, teacher, healer, and/or channel, by following the guidance of Spirit to reveal a new form of grace and beauty in the world which will bring her to a special position and role- however that looks.

All this relative to the soul's evolutionary desire- Pluto in scorpio in the third, opposing Jupiter in Aries in the 8th, and square mercury in leo in the 12th. She is collecting information as it relates to the unique active expression she is meant to reveal to the world. A lot of this information will pertain to understanding the basic natural laws of creation, and finding a way to uniquely set forth in exemplifying/disseminating them. She is on the path to guiding other people through her own natural way of bringing light into the world. The PPP becomes activated- as a natural focal point develops based on direct revelation- which allows her to synthesize various fields of knowledge. this will fully express and allow creative energy to shine through her with a particular spiritual healing purpose and mission.

So was this an appropriate application of the principals of squares to the nodes? If anything I wrote is off, or if you feel I'm missing anything, I'd love to know! Thank you so much!

... and i hope other people will chime in if you have any insights/ or questions. i feel that any and all participation can only be a service to us all.

Wendy

Hi All,

It has been quite a while since I have been on the forum and I really appreciated reading many of the posts, especially Ari's posts about the nodes in relation to specific charts.

I have been working with this woman astrologically.  She is feeling really challenged right now, and I have been trying to help her understand the concept of her north node in Cancer in the 2nd house.  She has moon conjunct the south node in the 8th, and is struggling with resources and issues around home right now.

Is it correct to say that in this life her north node in the 2nd is about learning to become emotionally self-reliant, to depend on her Venusian resources rather than emotionally and financially rely on her 8th house relationships?  Or is her Moon on the SN meant to be utilized to help her fulfill the north node functions?  

The only aspect I see from the moon is a trine to Venus.  Her Venus squares Saturn, ruler of her SN and Moon, and squares Magdalena (I have been working with this asteroid a lot) and Uranus, Mars, Pluto.
Are these the aspects she needs to work more consciously with to address the SN issues?

Thanks,
Wendy

Deva

Hi Wendy. I wanted to add my input on the chart you posted. I would say that South Node conjunct the Moon in cap/8th house symbolizes that the person's self-image (moon) is a core or critical issue brought over from the past (conjunct the South Node). The Moon/South Node in cap in the 8th reflects that a deep repression of the emotional body is trying the be unlocked, and a positive self-image is trying to manifest. In this way, a deepening and maturity within relationships relationships can then be experienced (Saturn square Venus). the Capricorn archetype correlates with guilt (both conditioned and acquired guilt), and the need to emotionally mature by accepting responsibility in ones own actions.  The North Node in Cancer in the 2nd house and also Saturn square Venus reflects that this person will experience, or has allready experienced, being thrown back upon herself time and time again in order to learn the core issues of emotional self-reliance (North Node in cancer/2nd house), and also learning how to emotionally nurture herself in the ways that she needs instead of projecting these needs within relationships. In this way, a state of internalized emotional security can be actualized, and she can transmute the limitations and repression of her old self-image, inner relationship to herself, and the types of relationships she attracted because of that self-image. Again, a deepening and maturity within relationships can be accomplished as she moves towards these life lessons (South Node in Cap/8th house conjunct the Moon, planetary ruler Saturn square Venus then transmute to higher levels of expression). These are core themes/dynamics within the chart that I saw. I hope this helps.
Deva 

Lesley

Hi Deva,

I too have a Saturn-Venus square involving the signs Aquarius and Taurus (though my phase, unlike the chart Wendy posted, is last-quarter). Your words ring so true on a Soul level. They (and you) have given me a whole new perspective on this aspect in my chart. Thank you so much.

(P.S. Your interview with Kristin on Healthylife.net was fabulous!) :)

Love and blessings to you and your family, and a happy New Year to all,
Lesley

ari moshe

Deva that was really clear, thank you.
Thanks for posting another chart Wendy, i really really enjoy this stuff.

I also want to point out that she has Jupiter in Aries in the 11th squaring the nodes, the resolution node in this case being the south node. So clearly there has been persecution. She herself also been over identified with her social power in the past- and took for granted the subjectivity of her own views. In turn, she has attracted traumatic experiences based on who she was (Jupiter, also Saturn retro in Aquarius in the 9th- and that squaring Venus). A lot of this had to do with social roles and projections of who she was supposed to be and not allowed to be (with venus in taurus squaring that saturn and the sn in cap in the 8th with jupiter squaring it- it's such a classic witch burning example. Or someone that was working with the divine feminine in such a way that was DIFFERENT than the social norm- and threatening to most people). This made her most distrustful, and more emotionally guarded as a result, which also attracted more power struggles with partners. So connecting to a spiritual path that helps her re-define her sense of power as a guide, mentor, healer, a woman feels key- through which she can SPEAK UP for her beliefs and help others
...  she may easily feel very alienated and distrust others who get close to her--- all the while deeply depending on others for her own security. So she needs to become re-empowered. All this will naturally lead her to the cancer in the second house- emotional self reliance.

sooo... anyone got any comments for the last chart I posted? i know it was wordy, but there's a lot of good practice material in that chart. no pressure, just putting it out there...

Wendy

Based on all of the input would it make sense that she has been living in communities, traveling around for years, gathering financial support via her spiritual work without really ever grounding or creating a home for herself and her son?

Right now the nodes are on her nodal axis and Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron are squaring her natal Venus and conjuncting her Saturn and she is struggling with feeling secure and doesn't know where she is going to live?  Would some of those struggles be part of what needs resolution, an expression of her south node, and a karmic learning leading her to the north node?  

She does offer some kind spiritual counseling and previously was in the military.  Her progressed moon is also opposes progressed Jupiter, squares the nodes and soon is to square Venus.  

When she calls me she is always looking for the spiritual solution, like high high energy, not necessarily a grounded internal perspective.

ARI--I am reading your post and will share soon:)

ari moshe

QuoteBased on all of the input would it make sense that she has been living in communities, traveling around for years, gathering financial support via her spiritual work without really ever grounding or creating a home for herself and her son?

I'd say so. perpetual movement, trying to find a place in the world to be who she is (Saturn retro 9th house, aquarius, jupiter in the 11th). I'd say it's also a pattern of seeking but not integrating- mostly because nothing is "the truth". Her lessons is to stop trying to find the right path and to stop trying to find other people that she can resonate with.

As I see it, she has to discipline herself to have a direct experience of the truth- this requires a full commitment and devotion to finding the truth within. She's seeking to liberate from any ideas and dogmas about who she is and who she is supposed to be- and to literally stand out from other people's expectations of her, completely on her own.

However, it sounds like she has been replaying the pattern of seeking from the outside and, yet all the while not belonging. She has to give up the need to belong and devote herself to find out what the truth is, and to live that. The reality on her chart is such that, in so doing, she will indeed come to understand, in a very clear and objective way, the truth. She will use that knowledge to help people as symbolized by the power and authority in cap in the 8th. And in so doing she will create a financial stability- creating all the conditions conducive to her north node.

Perhaps she has an interest in astrology?? what could this be for her?

Yeah- I'd say all those planets on her Saturn are asking her to get serious about her spiritual work, and it would surely be bringing up and exploding the nature of her avoidance of making it her own. This is a powerful time for her- lunar nodal oppositions can be emotionally challenging i've noticed.

ari moshe

I realized my post on my friends chart was long- which isn't inviting for anyone to jump in there. So here are a couple of questions about the last chart that I posted.

1. What is the resolution to skipped steps when you have a polarity of planets squaring the nodes? it feels like it requires great adjustment and mastery. What does that look in this chart?

2. What are the signatures in her chart that relate to a fear of singing? I recognize the Pluto in the third, and that squaring mercury which itself is conj the nodal rulers- relates to having been strongly shut down for expressing herself. Clearly her soul has attracted challenging circumstances in order to open up her throat. Is that it?

3. Does Neptune in the 5th at all relate to not singing in public- or is that more the mercury in leo squaring third house pluto?

4. With the moon on the north node, how does that modify our understanding of the planet squaring the nodes?

Thank you