School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Practice Thread

Started by Deva, Jan 23, 2017, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wei

Pluto in 10th house

As the last earth archetype, Pluto in 10th house Souls desire to manifest their inner resources/potentials/values (Taurus) in a work/career function (Virgo), to find their Vocation within a society, to actualize their inner authority in a professional field, manifest their soul's role in this material world. Pluto 10th house Souls has been learning how society works, what are the mainstream values/rules/customs/taboos, how mainstream defines success, and what's right/wrong within a culture they are born into. To master anything requires investing time, hard work and effort, Pluto 10th house souls often feel the pressure of accomplishing something in limited time/lifetime within the restrictions of rules in certain society/culture/career, even restrictions of law of time/space, when they align their inner value (Taurus), with self-discipline, like mountain goat climbing cliffs, they are able to set long term goals, truly be Master in a professional field, being recognized as influential figure, live out their soul's potential in a social role, even change structure of their reality/collective reality.

In Pluto 10th house Soul's evolutionary journey, they have been born into or gain power in past lifetimes, because Pluto correlates to Soul's deepest unconscious security, Pluto 10th house Souls hope to hold on to that power, they can be over identified with their social position/career/professional skills, need to be in control all the time, need to make rules, to maintain the crystalized reality. When their power (security) being threaten, the deep fear of losing control may cause them to manipulate others, abuse their power. Capricorn/10th house/Saturn correlates to law of cause and effect, in this case, Pluto 10th house Souls will  have fall of grace experiences, being humiliated/exposed in public, also natural guilt within their Souls, to remind them never make the same mistake, remind them of rights/wrongs in natural law, compare to man-made law. Another case would be Pluto 10th house Souls has also incarnated into lower social position to experience the opposite in this duality world, in those lifetimes they may feel great blockage of the society, being over-powered by others, in a way they feel they have no control over their life at all, in this case, souls usually have a inner voice: There is no other way, i have to conform, i can only be myself when i claim to power, then i won't be controlled by others ever again. In this case, Souls can feel oppression/suppression, in order to "control" their life, they may totally shut down emotionally, not allowing any personal feeling, not allowing themselves to be vulnerable, this can leads to mechanized workaholic, or a family role/social role that has nothing to do with their inner self-image. In this way, they are climbing to success, accomplish one goal after another, but they will always feel there is something missing, the outside success seems never satisfy them emotionally.

Capricorn archetype correlates to judgment, the problem is whether judgment is based on natural law or distorted man-made law. When the it is based on man-made law, to secure themselves, Pluto 10th house Soul can be very critical, assert (Aries) their subjective point of view (Cancer), project in relationships (Libra), impose (Pluto) authority over others, to control/manipulate others. Pluto 10th house Souls usually have memories of being judged, publicly humiliated, and many of them will be incarnated into a very strict family environment which reflect this type of past life dynamics. Also they are usually appear older than their age, take responsibility early in life, knowing the bitter side of life, and they are always required to do everything right on a high standard. This could reflect possible past life experiences of being in critical position, such as government /army....need to make life/death decisions, be responsible for others, thus not allowed to make any mistakes. We can always see Pluto 10th house souls in workplace like the tarot card: 10 of wands, being in a constant stressful condition, afraid of letting go of any task/responsibility, again reflect deep fear of losing control, if they relax, things will collapse.

Like Pluto in 4th house, Pluto in 10th house correlates to gender switch, the gender in this lifetime is relatively new to Pluto 10th house Souls, because in any society, there is a fixed role of man and woman, Pluto 10th house Souls can feel their inner gender is suppressed/rejected by mainstream values/others. Anything suppressed will be distorted, there can be deep suppressed rage within Pluto 10th house souls. Their lesson is to develop inner authority of who they really are, to naturally express their inner gender, how they want to be a man or a women, not try to fit in other people's expectation. This crisis/conflict of yin/yang energy, leads them to truly integrate yin/yang within, to understand every soul essentially are androgynous.

Thanks again for practice opportunity

Wei

marty

hi Deva,

regarding the 10th house and its' obvious relation to the very 3-D view of our world, and how we relate to the physical world, I believe that it can represent an ever-changing rationale of our lives on earth and the world that surrounds us.

of course, we are not solid beings, we are energetic, and the world around us is in constant flux, but Capricorn, via the 10th house, gives us a sense of defined physics and physicality, for the moment...

it is also an archetype of virtual power, control, recognition and validation. We give credence to these concepts in the attempt to fathom our physical existence, but as you stated in your lesson, we are essentially assigning form and definition to a physical existence that will only need to be undone at some point.

when I look at Pluto in the 10th I always ask myself, when is this person (or myself) going to take responsibility and authority for their life and actions? When will they learn to quit giving their power away to external manipulations and influences and just think for themselves? And when are they going to awaken to their own, personal, knowledge? One of my teachers taught that there comes a time, in each of our lives, when we all have to put down the books, tapes and teachers and just lean against a tree and listen.

I think that Bodhi tree is represented by the 4th house.

with the pull of the 4th house, a consideration of letting go of the need to achieve or legitimize oneself, in a worldly sense, is presented. Our goals shift to the need for inner security, grace, and emotional balance. We are presented with the option of replacing all of our mundane 'knowledge' with mythological understanding, and replacing the rituals of society with our own deeply felt creativity and ceremony.

if I understand you correctly, it is in the letting go of the need to be known or recognized (10th house) that allows oneself to find fulfillment on a deeper level? In this process of letting go of societies' trappings and machinations, we will naturally draw closer to the spiritualization process and be better able to perceive the voice of soul.

so, the natural growth from 10th to 4th house Pluto polarity point would be one of progressively relinquishing reliance on external title and significance, and learning to rely on the deep well of inspiration from within.

"Passion is born
    the moment you get a glimpse of
    your potential"

- fred smith

Deva

Hi, DDD- excellent application of EA! This reflects the core evolutionary intentions of Pluto in the 10th house stated very clearly in your own words. High five!

Namaste

Deva

Hi, Wei- excellent application of EA! Everything you wrote is within the possible manifestation of Pluto in the 10th house. Just to clarify, Virgo correlates with service to the whole, and Capricorn correlates with the social role or career. In addition, Virgo reflects the need to discern "right work" verses work that is done just to keep busy. Capricorn would then reflect the actual social role or career. Yes, it is a possibility that the Pluto in the 10th house Soul reinforces the culturally accepted rights and wrongs of the society of birth. This can then play out as projected judgments towards those who do not conform to traditional gender assignments in a general sense.

Hi, Marty. Thanks for contributing to the practice thread. Before posting please review Pluto in the 10th house in the Pluto vol.1 book as Wei, DDD, and heather have done. What you wrote does not address the core evolutionary intentions/desires of Pluto in the 10th house.

If you have any questions, please ask now so we are the same page. Otherwise, the next step is to apply the meaning of the 4th house polarity point which reflect the current evolutionary intentions for the life. I will post an example by Monday Feb.9th. Thanks for the effort you have been making on this thread!

Namaste

Deva

dollydaydream

Deva, thanks for the feedback and I am looking forward to continuing.  DDD

Merlyn

I'll be able to post sometime tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edward

Wei

Hi Deva,

Thanks for clarifying, have a question, does Capricorn archetype only correlate to natural guilt, and Virgo, Man-made guilt?

Hi, Wei. Great question.  Capricorn, Saturn, 10th House correlates with the archetypes of guilt: both learned and natural. Virgo is part of the natural trinity with Capricorn and Taurus. Thus, Virgo correlates with these two types of guilt that is reflected in thisnatural trinity. So, for example, the Virgo archetypes also correlates to atonement .. the need to atone for whatever the guilt is about: learned or natural.

Namaste

Deva

Deva

Hi, Wei. Great question.  Capricorn, Saturn, 10th House correlates with the archetypes of guilt: both learned and natural. Virgo is part of the natural trinity with Capricorn and Taurus. Thus, Virgo correlates with these two types of guilt that is reflected in thisnatural trinity. So, for example, the Virgo archetypes also correlates to atonement .. the need to atone for whatever the guilt is about: learned or natural.

Namaste

Deva

Kerri Taylor

Regarding Marty's post - thank you Marty!!  As someone who has Pluto in the 10th house your interpretation touched me significantly.  I related to every word and it has definitely been my experience in moving from the 10th house towards the polarity point in the 4th exactly how you described in a very literal way!  Thank you!

Deva

Hi, all. For those who have not yet posted please let me know if you are interested in participating in the practice thread. If so, please also give a time frame in which you intend to post.

Namaste

Deva

Bhaskara

Hi Deva and Everyone,

I will be posting on PPP in the 4th as soon as my mind has something for me to write. Thank you Deva for teaching all of us here.

Heather

Helena

Hi Deva and group,

thank you Deva for still giving me the time to participate.
Here go my thoughts.

Pluto in 10th House

One of the first things that made me curious when reflecting more deeply upon Pluto in the 10th house, was the fact that here, like in all cardinal houses, we arrive at an archetype that is starting something and at the same time, if an expression was used to describe a person with pluto in the 10th house, "˜the natural authority' would generally fit the main desire of most souls. (Even in the case of a soul karmically or by other reasons blocked from having a ruling position/career in the context of its own society, big or small, we could still be inclined to say that that person would feel this way to the core).
In essence, it is very interesting to have a cardinal house showing a new phase is just beginning, and like anything we start, an intrinsinc feeling of insecurity because we lack experience, we are not "˜safe'; and at the same time, a sense of security, pluto, that is derived from maturity, authorithy and control, capricorn/saturn/10th house.

Accepting this could be a reasonable starting point to look a pluto in the 10th house, to understand it, it is actually trying to understand why there can be a 'safety' feeling allowing the pluto in 10th house soul to start this new evolutionary phase, and where does it come from.
Not being exactly a paradox, i suspect the full answer comes only when we go further to the polarity point, but with pluto in the 10th house, unless the same natal pluto is retrograde (would this be correct?), society, parents, authority figures, rules, regulations and any socially structured reality the soul is born to, will provide the appropriate "˜container' for developing this feeling of safety and security. It will allow the understanding of how things work, how society functions and by way of the natural trines to taurus and virgo, apply and develop the inner talents with the right work, responsability and self-determination.

The archetypes of pluto and 10th house together can be then to arrive at a moment, the disseminating phase feeling, where this understanding is not only made possible but naturally applicable. Even if the evolution of the soul is not linear, there is down the evolutionary path of the 10th house pluto, the experience within the soul, developed resources and social maturation, to penetrate deeply into the structure of the consensus within its own reality and recognize how to best apply its individuality to serve society's needs with the right work and career, naturally having access to power and socially relevant positions.
This access to power can demonstrate great influence in society, even more so if we take that saturn correlates to the whole structure of consciousness, possibly representing, given the evolutionary condition of the soul, the ability to "˜ditacte', to limit, to manipulate how an entire social group or nation structures its own consciousness, in the worst possible example even becoming tyrannical leaders and dictators.

Looking from this perspective at what consensus society has been since transition from matriarchy to patriarchy, of what actually constitutes this 'container', the question of power and social status, comes then in most situations to gender issues, male domination and control, and perversion of the natural connection from capricorn to the natural laws of nature, time and space.
Since ancient times, all societies and groups of people had natural leaders that obeyed natural law.
Since then to now this archetype became strongly an archetype of distortion and supression. Via the square to aries, natural yang energy became distorted, controlled, with suppression of natural instincts and sexual desires not acceptable from the consensus perspective and religious man-made laws, judgment over rights and wrongs; and the natural square to libra, control and domination in human relationships, far from being naturally equal and balanced.
One example might be that most pluto in libra generation alive today, given the square to the south nodes of pluto and saturn in capricorn, have soul memories and are themselves a symbol of this unbalance.

If we look at history and our current society, for some souls with pluto in the 10th house, this has been the vehicle to access power, control over others and self-gratification.
For others it has been experienced as inner guilt, pain and depression trying to do what is "˜right' according to man-made law and suppressing natural desire, or natural guilt and shame by actions that violate natural law. For some it has represented great struggle with parents and authorithy figures about the right to express its own individuality in order to have the right work or career.
For again others, it has represented the karma and ability to be in a position to do much good for the wellbeing of society and fellow citizens.
For great others, like Yogananda, it has represented the natural autorithy of god within that reaches far and far into expanding the cousciousness of many souls.

On a more personal note, it is interesting to watch how very little young souls that are now born with pluto in capricorn, can somehow already manifest this inner authority from within. What this can represent for the future of society, will be an interesting question. Hope some great souls can lead in a very different way from what we've been witnessing..

All the Best,
Helena

marty

Hi Deva, and all, thank you for your varied responses,

If I could attempt, again, an interpretation of "˜the core evolutionary intentions/desires of the past symbolized by Pluto in the 10th house', in the natal chart?:

I'd like to speak to this quote, ""¦ Pluto in the 10th house or Capricorn represents a condition wherein an entire chapter or cycle of evolutionary development has come to close and another has just begun within the recent past." - Jeff Green, "Pluto", vol. 1.

It seems to me that this would represent an individual who has been striving for and/or has been experiencing social concern and commitment in the past.  In any case, they would have had a keen interest in, or they would have been an integral part of, the social machinery that prescribes a particular culture at a particular point in time, whether by choice, for karmic reasons, or by evolutionary necessity.

I also think it's possible that some people, in the beginning stages of learning to conform to social involvement, may have arrived there because the old ways of non-conformity were simply not working. It also seems to me that people who have garnered some degree of social efficiency are the ones who can best "˜give back' to their communities and cultures by inspiring others to "˜step up' and get involved in civic or political matters. but this is conjecture on my part.

Individuals with Pluto in the 10th would have an inclination toward the cultural conditions and parameters that they are born into, based on their acquired ability to acknowledge and adapt to these conditions in the past. Their role may have been one of privilege, or mere survival, depending on their past circumstance, but they would have learned to 'conform', to a certain degree, in order to "˜succeed' in a particular social arena, (or they may have learned to merely 'function' to survive) by playing by the rules.

Those who have achieved mastery in working within the confines of a given societal structure would be born with an inherent sense of how their structure operates, and, also, the ability to apply this wisdom to broader cultures and societies, such as an ambassador or emissary.

A degree of social mastery and recognition would naturally reinforce the lessons of self-discipline, self-determination, and the cooperation with a higher "˜authority' in the process. With these tools, these individuals may develop the capacity to link their individual purpose (whatever that may be, and under whatever conditions) to a social purpose, which, inevitably, leads to a perception of social autonomy, security, and/or personal accomplishment, which may have been within the soul's desires prior to this lifetime.

Unless the privilege that comes with a position of authority is misused, these individuals would be experiencing varying degrees of their soul's desire to learn commitment through sustained effort, so that they can function efficiently within their given society and culture, help foster effective change, and become a voice for the disenfranchised.

If I understand correctly those, with the natal Pluto in the 10th house, who have had the greatest soul experience of learning to hold meaningful social positions (trans-culturally, over time, and through many standards of conduct), have the greatest capacity to "˜give back' to their current society. They contain the character and strength to inspire others to work within the "˜system' of their own cultures in order to strengthen themselves as individuals who can work toward bettering their lives and the lives of others. This is the power and the vibration of the individual having a greater voice within the collective. But these soul experiences are vibrational in nature, and are being constantly, and unconsciously, tested by the pull of the 4th house polarity.

There are many lessons to be learned by the soul's desire to integrate into the particular social structure of their birth-place and era.  One of the lessons is the gaining of the perception of worldly "˜achievement' and "˜success' through sustained effort and determination. With gathered wisdom and experience, these individuals may have become better "˜positioned' to help others to help themselves, who may, in turn, become productive members of society with the ability to inspire others. At the very least, Pluto in the 10th house individuals have been gaining the perception of the ability to become better "˜positioned' within their respective social structures, and, depending upon their evolutionary state, may have used their position to either inspire or subject others.

Tenth house Pluto people would have been gaining insight into their objective natures and how to best handle responsibility, rationality and decision-making to affect or benefit the whole. They may be seeking "˜accomplishment' of their personal ideals, and "˜arrival' of their personal goals. I believe that it is natural to seek a sense of "˜completeness' within this signature, due to the cardinal archetype of the tenth house, but this "˜completeness' involves a relinquishing and/or modification of past ideals and personal beliefs in order to "˜arrive' at a new view of reality. I believe this is referred to as "˜one step back, and two steps forward'?

This consideration of past ideals and personal beliefs is part of the natural reflective nature of the 10th house, wherein an individual may come to realize their very "˜real-world' ability to affect the rules and lives of others and, thus, give themselves pause to examine their past motivations and biases that may have been an unconscious source of natural guilt up to this point . Those with Pluto in the 10th may be in the process of transforming their "˜world-views' and, quite literally, be in the process of restructuring the nature of their consciousness, due to the need to reflect on the responsibility of their current position in life.

It's been my observation that certain individuals who have truly developed a sense of personal self-determination and discipline no longer need the trappings of "˜success' in either their personal work or diplomacy, and would be willing to continue their efforts in virtual anonymity, (which brings us to the 4th house polarity). A good gauge of how secure they are in these lessons is their willingness to denounce all worldly title and recognition in order to initialize the formation of new social structures, based on new levels of their developing consciousness - a kind of St. Francis of Assisi effect.

Deva mentioned that: "Evolution occurs through the progressive exhaustion of all separating desires." and, "A core evolutionary lesson of Pluto in the 10th house is to learn that whatever standard of conduct that is considered "correct" and has thus become the basis for judgments is subjective."

I'd like to express what I refer to as the "˜Pisces paradox', which is part of the spiritualization process. I believe that once an individual gets to experience getting to the "˜top' (in a societal sense), and once they have learned to express a certain level of self determination, that they can then experience a release of what they thought they so badly needed. Bodily, earthly experience is the key, and becomes the basis of, ""¦ another [chapter] has just begun within the recent past." (- Jeff Green, "Pluto", vol. 1). The past, habituated, desires then become part of a living "˜energetic' exchange within an ever-deepening (and evolving) unconscious desire to allow for new, more spiritual desires to surface (leading to transmutation within the emotional body, balance, stability, and security). Tenth house standards and concepts of social "˜correctness' can be entrenched and reinforced over lifetimes, but they are subjective and can be released as our spiritual recognitions evolve. In fact, a position of "˜authority' can actually impel an individual to greater reflection and, thus, the desire or evolutionary necessity to seek communion with Source.

Deva stated that, "It is through embracing the necessary evolutionary changes reflected by Pluto's polarity point that limitations, stagnation and blocks toward further evolution are transmuted. The natal position of Pluto is then automatically re-expressed at a higher level."

This is what I meant when I said that through the desire and willingness to let go of society's trappings and machinations we will naturally draw closer to the spiritualization process, and be better able to perceive the voice of soul. The tendency towards spiritualization takes place, naturally, within the pull of the Pluto polarity point, and back again. (The polarity, in this case, being the 4th house); that when considered and explored, will inevitably lead to the revelation of a "˜higher authority'.  And, paradoxically, it is the very unconscious desires of our souls, through time and existence, to spiritualize and "˜exhaust all separating desires' that compels the desire to let go of societal trappings. This is the transmutation process of the 10th house that requires, oftentimes, gradual and sustained effort to realize.

It's been my experience with many Pluto, 10th house people (who are progressing to or in the spiritual state) to hold all manner of rather menial jobs. They may be the nannies, care-takers, janitors, gardeners, teachers, musicians, healers or artists who are best 'positioned' to help heal, minister to, or enlighten those "˜in charge'.

To sum up the evolutionary intentions of Pluto in the 10th house, I could say that true earthly maturity, and the desire to take responsibility, summons soul consciousness.

The way I look at the above process of bodily learning is: ourselves giving ourselves permission to grow, change and evolve, much in the same way that a kind but strict, loving parent (particularly a father figure) would try to instill in their child.

It is through living the societal limitations, trials and conditions of the 10th house, first-hand, that we may begin the process of realistically 'parenting' ourselves at the point in life where we are strong enough to do so. It is through gentle, kind and constructive guidance that the 10th house Pluto lessons are best cultivated. It is through embracing our past, learning to forgive ourselves, as we practice being non-judgmental, that we can allow for the foundations of soul strength to continue. (A loving parent would encourage their child to develop their own self determination so that they will be better able to perceive the voice of their own soul.)

Worldly renown is ever-shifting and elusive, and this is one of the lessons of the 10th house Pluto - that once we have gained the perspective to reflect on our responsibilities as mature individuals within society - we are, simultaneously, gaining the perspective that we may no longer need these responsibilities. True reflection helps us achieve a plateau state of emotional balance, security, and grace in which we can see that we'll be just fine, no matter what. If we have no title or recognition, we are secure within ourselves, and our role as meaningful individuals. If we have title and recognition, then we are better advantaged to encourage others to seek the discipline needed to do likewise.

Pluto-in-the-10th individuals have been learning the seriousness of striving to conserve their precious time, energy and attention, in the corporeal world, as individuals responsible to others, amongst finite resources, in these very human seasons on earth.

Thank you for your time and teaching, and for the opportunity to be a part of the M. B.

In spirit,
   Pluto-in-the-10th-house-marty

"Do not squander time
  for that's the stuff life is made of".

- Benjamin Franklin

marty

to Kelly,

thank you for your kind words.

you are a bright light and an inspiration, and I very much look forward to your posts and contributions ...

in spirit,

marty

Merlyn

Pluto in the 10th house is going to reflect a direct relationship with authority, and the associated struggles between this authority and their individuated experience of the world.  For this individual, authority is going to be represented by some outside force, most generally a cumulation of the laws, values, and demands of the cultural structure that the individual is born into.  At the earlier evolutionary stages, the individual is going to feel emotionally stagnated, and subject to whatever is expected of them by the specific culture.  Ultimately, it is an experience of learning what it means to be properly encultured by their surroundings.  An instinct toward material success propels them toward acting as a vessel for the cultural demands, to the point where individuality is seemingly non-existent.  The individual is essentially a reflection of their cultural surroundings, most likely fueled through their upbringing, and led toward the light of whatever is entailed by success in their particular culture.  The individual not only has the potential to disregard their own individual approach to life, but will often do whatever it takes to achieve their culture's idea of material success, even if that means defying their own innate emotional needs and instincts.

The individual with Pluto in the 10th (or in Capricorn) is beginning a new cycle of evolutionary development.  Houses 7 and 8 allowed the individual to experience a variety of relationships, putting their sense of self-awareness into practice, and momentarily forgetting their own individuality through becoming so absorbed through various acts of partnership.  As the boundary between individuals dissolved (8th), one or several lifetimes was dedicated to a cumulative understanding of all that was experienced before (9th), and a sense of personal philosophy directly tuned into natural law (whether that be an existing philosophy, religion, or an individuated experience of the world).  With the 10th house, this sense of philosophy is practically applied to the society that the individual is a part of (in various capacities, depending on the evolutionary stage of the individual).

Continuing the trinity of earth signs (Taurus: sensuality, being, value - Virgo: service, atonement), Capricorn puts the experience of an individual into action, relating that sense of service to a larger, societal structure.  Again, having explored the philosophical foundations to its life (9th), the Pluto in Capricorn individual is going to simultaneously draw from their innate understanding of life, as well as the habits that reflect the environment that they live in.  Pluto in the 10th house, through the evolutionary stages, grows more aware of its own internal resonance, recognizing the importance of applying their own experience of the world to their lived society, rather than simply being a mirror to the society itself.

The Pluto in the 10th house individual will have had past lives in prominent social positions, as described by the aspects that Pluto is making to the rest of the chart.  From this, we also see the structural reality of the individual (Saturn), which forms the container for that person's emotional experience (Moon).  As the individual becomes more aware of the rhythms of the outside world, and intuitively connects to reason itself, success no longer takes on the form of "all or nothing".  Rather, they recognize their own ability, to not only lead, but to find purpose and meaning within the guise of the outside world.

Cheers,

Edward

marty

to Kerri,

sorry, I called you 'Kelly', but I wanted to let you know that your comments are appreciated and I anxiously await your posts and insight.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's diverse responses.

in spirit,

marty