School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Mars Retrograde

Started by Nerissa, Jan 07, 2018, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerissa

Sorry if these images are huge, but it took me quite awhile to just get this up.
I've been thinking about these two charts & generational signatures - it's astonishing how the same or similar archetypes are played over and over.....
My assumption is that first of all various souls incarnating with each other over time will indeed have synastry with each other that reflects these issues - also that souls maybe 'attracted' to families that reflect various archetypes that the soul is working through.
I've debated posting about the two charts below - mainly I know that without going deeply into who they are confirming what I'm musing about reflected in their charts can't be confirmed.
However, I do think the basic question I have can be addressed in simple terms.....main thing is I am looking at the Mars retro in Scorpio for both of them
The first chart is the grandmother of the second chart - her grandson
They both have Sun & Jupiter conjunct in Aries.....
They both have Mars retro in Scorpio
They both have a nodal axis in Leo/Aquarius
And....the grandson's birth time is not confirmed - but that moon is moving into conjunction with Uranus, just as the grandmother has a uranus/moon conjunction
also - they have prominent Lucifer - grandmother conjunct south node
grandson conjunct his sun
I've been looking into all sorts of family charts but this is the first where it's such an obvious repeat of planets, etc. - frequently the archetypes or interchanged, houses/signs/planets etc.
Here's the thing: I'm hoping to see if I'm understanding a very basic dynamic
I'm looking at the Mars Retro
and despite the similarities I am seeing a sort of opposite reality.....
grandmother: I know her very well, and her life story....let's say she takes no responsibility for her life, is a narcissist, wallows in negativity and tries to instill those evil states within others, and lies -  she doesn't enjoy those around her being positive or happy. No doubt she has tremendous past life traumas, and in this life some family trauma, its clear to see this unresolved issues resulting in her behaviors. It's fairly clear to see her need in objectiving her emotional reality, taking responsibilty (nn aquarius, moon/uranus conjunct 11th) - here's the thing then I see in the case of her Mars Retro - that it is like a big cosmic brake being put on her, relative to the Pluto/SN/Lucifer in Leo, the sun/jupiter in aries...leading back to that mars..... I really sense the universe is clearly requiring her to step back, reorient and take responsibility. She's 65, and she has yet to achieve that - instead she feels thwarted and enraged and blames others.
Now....the grandson......
He is very young still.....but he has incredible music ability - I think it's clear to see the possibility of true genius there - that Uranus signature, SN, etc. but also a very fractured sense of self, trauma's and the need to integrate himself, objectivy his reality, integrate his emotional nature, integrate positively within society and to address the skipped step relative (venus) to his sense of inner worth and value. also that Pluto chiron conjunction - I feel some severe PL traumas happening, causing dissociation and fragmentation. He has his own inner rage, but is teetering between a sado-masochistic type orientation. I sense he has withdrawn into his own worlds to cope. HOwever this musical gift is a perfect way to integrate his emotions and integrate within society via this gift.
also - the signs of nodes are the same, but they are reversed.
so, whereas the grandmother has a big karmic brake being applied - for him I see the need for inner integration that will lead to 'freeing' that NN and his sun - that fiery quality: self-actualization. Clear to see how that Lucifer(conjunct sun) for him is where he is most wounded & traumatized: the right to individualize, actualize and initiate - being the bearer of light: the capacity to do that in a healthy manner.

am I seeing this Mars retro dynamic clearly? (his birthtime not confirmed so I didn't include houses in analysis)
I am wondering too about the 'demon seed' - I understand it's when an individual has sexual relations with a person who has made a contract......could this 'seed' be then hereditary in a manner of speaking?

Is Leo associated with Nazi Germany?

Thanks so much for any feedback here....also I'm sorry I've rushed through this - took me so long to figure images, then the website timed out, but i'm determined now since I've mused on this for months. Plus, the place I'm in is freezing - my fingers are numb & I'm shivering!!! I really wanted to take my time with this but I think it'll have to be posted as is or not at all!

[/URL]][/img]

[/URL][/img]

Rad

Hi Nerissa,

First, one of the rules we have for this mb is not doing personal charts, and/ or asking about charts that are personal in nature.

Also, the charts you tried to post did not make it.

"am I seeing this Mars retro dynamic clearly? (his birthtime not confirmed so I didn't include houses in analysis)"

From what you provided, stated, yes ..........

"I am wondering too about the 'demon seed' - I understand it's when an individual has sexual relations with a person who has made a contract......could this 'seed' be then hereditary in a manner of speaking?"

No as it being automatic.

"Is Leo associated with Nazi Germany?"

No. Hitler did have his Saturn in Leo in the 10th, ruler of his S.Node in Cap in the 3rd though.

God Bless, Rad

Nerissa

Thanks, Rad. That was the main reason I hadn't posted my questions is due to knowing these people personally
The charts were there - poof they went. I had been able to click on them & they'd appear. I don't often have access to a computer or reliable, if any, Internet.
For what it's worth I meant to add further thoughts on his Pluto/Chiron in Sag - the Jupiter conjunct Sun & Lucifer in Aries & the Mars retro I think correlates to the nature of belief systems & religious ideology.
Compensation for the nature of these beliefs that caused the wounds but then adopting or absorbing those ideologies (compensation) - so the Mars retro is about confronting that within & examine his core beliefs. That could tie into the Aquarius stuff - the nature of projections, both from his environment and the projections he's sustained onto others & society etc   
This makes sense too since his father is a pastor, right wing conservative type. It's tough for me to go further into it not knowing him well, no birth time & no evolutionary state.
It's good to know that at least I'm seeing the paradigm of a Mars retro somewhat clearly.
Thanks for clearing up my other questions.
For some reason I'd gotten it into my head Leo, a prevalence of the archetype correlated to PL in Nazi Germany.

Rad

Hi Nerissa,

It makes sense what you are saying about his Mars retro .........

In the future when you want to post charts the most simple way to do it is to have the charts in your hard drive, then go to where it says 'additional options' .. click on. Then you will see the 'browse' box. Click on. This will take you  to your own hard drive where you can access wherever you have put the chart(s). Click on that jpg for the chart. You can do this up to four times per post. When ready click on the 'post' button. Then the chart(s) will be uploaded to our server, and appear at the bottom of your post.

God Bless, Rad

LittleAprilShower

Hi Nerissa,

This is a chapter on Mars from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Study of Psychological Complexes" which I found greatly helped expand my own awareness of the Mars archetypal function in particular the section on retrograde Mars.

http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/aspc/aspc_c12.shtml

Look forward to reading what comes to your mind.
All the best,

LAS

Nerissa

First, thanks Rad!! Me and technology is pure slapstick comedy! I look forward to trying it out though, it sounds easy.....

Thanks LAS, I haven't a chance to read it yet...but when I first discovered astrology I was lucky enough to find him 'first' so to speak.

& all sorts of stuff has been integrated in general & looking at the 'grandson's' chart. One thing that made sense, the quality that Aries can have for lack of a better word is, well an instinctual sense of themselves, that can create a real sense of total shock in relation to a core kind of naïvete & before you know it the gauntlet is thrown & the sword drawn! I think this ties into him, with the projections, and the compensation & the religious beliefs/conditioning. I may see him later this year - first time since he was a toddler! That node is hitting his node & Uranus: time for an astrology reading!
My gut feeling, too...is that there is something about him that inherently will be 'against' his current conditioning - something he needs to not repress or compensate for.

Thanks again!