School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Moon as bridge to conjunct Pluto and nn?

Started by Greg, Jan 21, 2018, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Hello,

I'm a new seeker to EA and appreciate the opportunity to join in! 

I have a question about placements in my chart, specifically which "direction" becomes primary re: Pluto conjunct nn or the Pluto Polarity Point.  I almost have a stellium with 7th House Pluto at 4 Virgo, Moon 10 Virgo and nn 16 Virgo in the 8th.  Is Pluto and the nn "conjunct enough", via the Moon, to eliminate the PPP, which is conjunct Chiron at 1 Pisces? 

Either option seems to offer plenty of juice in my life; are there ever cases where both directions are significant in the soul's journey in this life? 

Thank you!  Greg

Rad

Hi Greg,

First, welcome to our message board. Second, one of the rules we have here is that we do not do personal charts. If we did that is all we would be doing here. This message board is to learn about EA, not to do personal charts.

For now please understand the, relative to your question, that the S.Node in never 'eliminated'. When Pluto is conjunct the N.Node the S.Node continues to operate within the consciousness of the Soul. It operates in such a way that it comes through the N.Node at all times: like watering the roots of a plant. When Pluto is conjunct the N.Node it means that the Soul have been evolving through it prior to the current life, and intends to continue to do so. The S.Node, it's placement by house, sign, location of it's planetary ruler, aspects to all of these, is continuing to fuel the Pluto/N.Node conjunction which is always pulling all of the S.Node dynamics though it.

In your example the bridge of the Moon relative to Pluto and the N.Node means that the Soul is coming close to that full on pulling forwards of the Soul's evolution through it, yet there are elements of the past within the Soul that have not been totally resolved that do not allow for the full  on pulling forwards. It is close, but not there yet. Thus, those dynamics of the past that have not been resolved that are holding the Soul back from that full on pulling forwards are recreated via the circumstances the Soul creates in the current life so that the Soul can resolve them in such a way that the full on pulling forwards can take place: it creates a sense or feeling within the Soul of being held back. As those dynamics are resolved then that full on pulling forwards can take place at a future moment in time: typically the very next life.

God Bless, Rad

Greg

Hi Rad,

Thank you for the welcome and the point on protocol.  I will comply.  That said, I find I'm stumped by an EA concept on my very first chart, which happens to be my own!

So far, I believe I understand the concept of the South and North Nodes with respect to Pluto, but my question pertains to a statement in JWG's Pluto (Vol 1), page 19 re: Pluto conjuncting the North Node: where he ends the paragraph with, "Every other contributing factor in the birth chart will be channeled or focused through the North Node conjunct Pluto.  The principle of Pluto's polarity point does not apply in this particular condition."  It seems pretty important to know in which direction the soul's evolutionary intention for this life lies. 

My question also pertains to how as a budding astrologer, I should balance "technical" interpretations to  intuitive ones.  Technically, with 12 degrees between them, Pluto and the nn are not conjunct, which activates the principle of the PPP.  However, the placement of the Moon exactly between them feels like a conspicuous position, inviting inquiry.  Conversely, the PPP also feels important thematically as it is conjunct Chiron. 

Things also seem a bit complex because both Pluto/PPP and the Moon's nodes share the same axis, so there is a curious reverberation between past life qualities, present soul conditions and desires and intentions for this and future lives.  With regard to interpretations, is there black, white AND gray?  Thank you for your consideration, Greg

Rad

HI Greg,

Relative to the principles of EA, as JWG taught them, there is not 'gray'. Black and white relative to those principles that apply to all charts. The quote from his book that you cite reflects those principles: when Pluto is ACTUALLY conjunct the N.Node.

The example you are citing does not reflect that principle. It does reflect the principles that he wrote about in that same book, which are the principles in the answer that I gave you. The bottom line in all of this is the underlying principle of astrology itself: correlation and observation. JWG spent many, many years doing just that as he counseled over 35,000 in his time. This is then where the principles of EA come from.

God Bless, Rad

Greg