School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Uranus Opposition

Started by Nerissa, Jan 27, 2019, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerissa

As Uranus wraps up it's travels in Aries I am wondering who would like to share any personal insights - ?

I would expand the question to those not only with the opposition, but also the squares to cancer & Capricorn, & any of you with the conjunction to either Uranus or other natal placements: where have you felt challenged by your own status quo, your own projections, where you may feel you have not so much 'failed' but feel you missed on key opportunities, didn't follow your dreams....conversely: who did shuck it all or learn how to not have to & realize their potential....who went with the crazy (or so it seemed) flow & magic happened?

I post this because my Uranus is at 29 degrees Libra in the 7th & Uranus is making the final pass, in Aries & my chart.....

I want to share a thing or two I experienced as Uranus wraps up ...first to list couple aspects:
Uranus 7th house & in Libra   
                      sextile Venus retro (Leo)
                      Opposite Asc/Jupiter/chiron
                      Square saturn (cancer)

So: Uranus passed the ascendant & did all that (other aspects) during/&now the opposition: I have had typical libra insights...

I am wondering what others, especially those who went through the opposition, insights have been?

I will share just a bit here with me: mainly the nature of projections: sure other's onto me: I'm accustomed to that, I understand the why there (& it's me more than anyone)....but.....I have had this very subtle, subconscious thing where I cannot feel like (feel: Venus) that I have any 'right' to my feelings or life or anything in general but especially if other's are suffering.....this is actually very subconscious, but due to Uranus etc: it's become OBVIOUS 

But: it occurred to me how I am projecting and judging others: bordering on 'pity' (even though I'd never consciously think that)...: we all have a right to our choices & their consequences: yet other's choices seem to paralyze me in mine: like 'how can I be happy if...' etc. 

Well, that's silly. I have NO right to judge anyone else's choices but that's exactly what I am doing with my 'sympathy'....now: this goes deeper than that in reality: I have literally put myself in other's places, and this is where this stems....but it was very freeing to see my own projections....and difficult to let it go. I realized, I must be rationalizing (on a very subconscious level) not fulfilling my own path (pluto PP is 12th house Aries)....by simply DOING in FAITH....

Adding in Saturn in the transits: a lot of this came clear because my father will need to have his leg amputated - I love my father, an amazing soul, and we have a deep spiritual connection: he has had many health issues..due to many things but also: his CHOICES, bad health choices....but I kept thinking: how can I be full of love or happiness or what not (which I usually am or can be in that 'place') if he is suffering....so: that got me pin-pointing this weird subtle thing that's been there my entire life: this odd thing of if others are 'so & so' then I cannot be however I am innately......

I think that this Libra/7th archetype has to do with this: in my case it's compounded.....

I would dearly love to hear from other's who have gone through this current Uranus in Aries opposing Natal Uranus in Libra.....but, in general, I hope anyone who has had transits to the entire cardinal archetype as Uranus went through Aries will post what they've learned...

I want to add: I was in my little library bookstore, tiny place, months ago: guess what? JWG's print edition of the Uranus book!! Well, was going to get it, but figured: I have the ebook etc., & know the material (haha) & so put it back on the shelf for some unsuspecting soul to be blown away by....ok....so months later I am thinking @ all this Uranus stuff & blankly staring at the bookcase: & guess what book is there?! Yep: that Uranus book I'd swear to that I'd left at that bookstore......hmmm

I'll take it back to that bookstore...when this transit is over!!!

Thanks  :)

Kristin

Hi Nerissa,

It is natural to feel one is not able to be 'happy' when someone one love is suffering, regardless of whether you have strong Libran signatures or not.

It is a stronger challenge for someone with Libra lessons. Typically, the strong Libran signature has been putting others needs ahead of their own, which can be why there is a tendency to be thrown way out of balance when someone you love needs you.

Or there can be a sense of obligation or a feeling of responsibility.
and the Soul is learning how to balance their own needs with those needs of another.

The Uranus transit can act like a tuning fork, at times shocking and sudden, the insights can also storm in, but what someone with these signatures is learning is that EVERYONE benefits when you are in balance and secure within yourself. This is the natural square to Cancer, like we are discussing on the Lilith thread,

Also, the last thing your father wants you to feel is sadness or pity for him. The stronger and more balanced you are, the better he will be.

Just a few thoughts on the subject.

Peace,
Kristin

Nerissa

Thanks so much Kristin for your insights.

I'd appreciate it if any of those so inclined, though they do not know my father, could somehow hold good thoughts for him. Thanks

I realized after my post I should have made it much more EA specific or not posted at all.....I am genuinely curious to know other's experiences though, I suppose folks could PM me, I'd appreciate it

Thanks again, Kristin

Nerissa

I have to add this @ my father...
In reality I upended & yet at the same time righted my life during the first pass of Uranus a year ago to be with him, care for him & make sure he wasn't being abused by my mother....

We both have a strong spiritual perspective: I help him in that regard as I can: but he is strong with god/dess, I know he is......and I think my mother has turned a corner, too....

I did a very poor job in my previous post of trying to describe the crap of projections & how they (us/ourselves) keep/maintain an illusion - whether 'good' or 'bad': we are habituated to them & further them because these projections maintain our sense of 'safety': even if they limit us or harm us.....
Aries, libra, cancer...(transits in my chart including the venus retro trine stuff)

With those signatures: the cardinal cross: the nature of projections: it is very easy for us to see how others project onto us without looking within to understand why.....and it is very easy to be blind to how & what the nature & reasons we project whatever it is we do upon others....it is not always to make life 'easier' sometimes we subconsciously wish to hamper ourselves (& in our sado-masochistic times more oft than not) than further ourselves into who we innately are, thus the projections...

Thanks again!

Nerissa

Well...not sure, though the transit has passed, that I have any insights...

On February 11 Mars conjuncted Uranus at 29 degrees: the last gasps of the Uranus opposite Uranus transit....opposite Uranus, square Saturn and trining Venus - just @ degree from Chiron, then Jupiter & Ascendant.....

I actually said outloud to myself 'here we go...' - a few minutes later I received a call that my father was in ICU...he passed the next morning

It is interesting that he was born with Uranus square the nodes in cardinal signs & passed while Uranus was square nodes in cardinal signs...also: I have noticed this in many death charts: he was experiencing a lunar return....

It IS interesting in that there have been 'downloads' since...very Uranian...and also the truth of the simplicity in spiritual, universal...truths. Like Jeffrey Wolf Green had said: if there is only a desire to return to Source then this 'world' and duality simply vanishes.....it is maintained via separating desires: so, this was one of the major downloads - the difference between intellect and KNOWING...also must say that a year or so ago when I spoke of those with planets in aspect within mutable degrees, especially the mid-degrees - many folks, and some who have posted their charts here, including Jeffrey Green etc. - I had wondered about a 'mission' these souls had...but this stemmed from looking at my fathers chart....

Just felt should update here...thank you so much for any & all good thoughts/prayers, thank you

AND...since my father is a Moodies fan I will share the lyrics to Tuesday afternoon, the day he passed (not a coincidence)....

Tuesday afternoon
I'm just beginning to see
Now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me
Chasing the clouds away
Something calls to me
The trees are drawing me near
I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear
Explain it all with a sigh
I'm looking at myself, reflections of my mind
It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind