School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrologer Advice?

Started by Eric, Jan 12, 2010, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Hi All,

A very close friend was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. Don't have a birth time for her.
Also my daughters best friend has aplastic anemia and is looking at a blood transfusion and do know hers.
Any ideas on who to go to for medical advice?

Thanks so much,
Eric

Lia

Hi Eric,

Sorry for your friends......Yes EA has medical correlation - but the answer is not simple the whole chart need to be studied from this respect. Each planet has medical correlations......In short cancer as a condition is a mutation of cells and that correlates to pluto. Brest correlates to moon. Blood: red cells mars, white cells venus....immune system neptune...

Hope this helps to begin ...

Lia

ari moshe

Eric, best of luck finding someone. In the mean time- if you have permission, maybe you can post the chart(s) here and we can see what kind of contribution ea folk here have/what we can learn?

Eric

Hi Lia and Ari,

Thank you for your replies. Lia, the specifics you gave regarding correlations are helpful and fitting. Regarding my friend with breast cancer she has natal Neptune Rx in Scorpio squaring the nodal axis opposed by Taurus Sun doing the same. Moon conjunct N. Node and Saturn conjunct S. Node.

Ari, thanks for the suggestion and if no one objects I will post the charts. As i said with my friend, she doesn't know her birth time, but has some significant personal history which I'm sure the great minds here can use to help dial that in a bit as a start. She has given me permission to post what I have and i am working up a short personal history which may take a day or two to confirm as she just took a group of college students on a road trip this am. Ever the energizer bunny, she is not one to sit back and be defeated!

The mother of my daughters friend sent me a text and said that her daughter had had a seizure last night. She asked "what's up with the stars?, and is extremely worried and confused by the responses from doctors.  I'm still waiting for a response from her to see if her daughter is O.K. and ask her permission to post that chart here.

Thanks so much and Goddess Bless,
Eric

Rad

HI Eric,

Please feel free to post those charts and the background information as well.

Rad

Eric

Hi Rad,
Thank you. Am still working on it gathering info.
Eric

Eric

Hi All.

Thanks again for the opportunity to post this. As I stated previously, my friend D. does not know her birth time, so i just chose noon for her chart. She has given me permission to share her info in the hope that we might be able to shed some light on her her condition. D. is a single 47 year old woman who received a diagnosis of breast cancer Jan. 11th.
She is currently leading a small group of college students backcountry skiing in the mountains of Idaho and will be able to communicate only briefly until she returns to Az in early Feb. for surgery. In the mean time if there are questions I can try to answer them.

Family

D. is the oldest sibling of three (younger brother and sister) and was born in Germany while her father was stationed there in the army. Her father met a German woman who got pregnant and they were married  primarily because of this fact. The family moved back and forth a couple of times from Germany to the States until D. was about ten and then changed bases here a couple more times.

Around the time of their return to the states ,her mother began to exhibit signs of mental illness which rapidly progressed into severe schizophrenia. Some agency came in and removed the children and put D. into one foster home, and her younger siblings together into another.

After  a year give or take(details sketchy), during which there was some legal wrangling between the father and the German court, the father was able to take the children back, and they lived with him on a US bases (as the eldest she held a lot of responsibility during these years) until they were old enough to move out on their own.  Their mother though never recovered. She was in and out of their lives for several years between psychiatric wards, Germany, and being homeless. The last time D. had heard anything of her mother (which has been decades), she was a homeless schizophrenic somewhere in the states.

D. and her father have an estranged relationship. She speaks with him maybe once a year. She communicates with her siblings more often but they are geographically spread out and are not particularly tight.

About two years ago she was contacted by an agency which informed her that she had a half sister by her mother who was born in the states and given up for adoption. The half sister knew the reason for adoption was because the mother was psychologically unfit.  

Work and Lifestyle

D. is a nomad. For the bulk of the past 25 years, she has been leading small groups of people for various organizations on adventure trips in the wilderness. Mountain biking, river rafting, backpacking and so on. She is very competent in this regard.
When not working, she will often do long daily mountain bike  rides, or hikes, or skiing in the winter and generally finds others who enjoy these outings with her. Because of these activities, she is very fit.
She has taken her health quite seriously for years and while she will eat about anything ( as long as its not processed too much) her diet runs toward organic foods, lots of greens, and homemade green drinks. One cup of Earl Gray in the am and never coffee. Usually capped off by a couple of beers in the eve. Water all the time.
She sees a Naturopath when there are any health concerns which is rare.

Friends and Love Life

D. has many friends who are spread out all over. She is well liked by almost everyone and often entertains groups of friends with stories of her adventures or great cooking.
Her love life to her has been disappointing. She has had a number of boyfriends (monogamous) over the years, but would really like to find the right guy to finally put down some roots with. She has ruminated on this dilemma for years.

She can recount all kinds of facts about many things and has an astute mind. Often when I listen to her speak about personal things, I can see the mental gymnastics going on but never a touch of emotion. Not hard to imagine this sort of coping dynamic as she seems to take the prize for most well adjusted in the children of crazy moms club.

D. learned a lot about breast cancer earlier this year when a close friend was diagnosed.
She found the lump a few weeks ago when she awoke from a dream about cancer with her fingers touching the lump. On the day that she received the news, her face was extremely red from being at the peak of a 28 day treatment to remove precancerous cells which had developed from all of her time in the outdoors. I had asked her how she felt when she received the news, and she replied pissed off. Her face seemed to reflect that anger in a perfect sort of way, like she had donned a mask in a tribal dance.

That's about it for the moment.  Thanks so much for the offers of help.
Goddess Bless,
Eric  

ari moshe

wow eric, what a breathtaking bio. May her soul evolve, and may that manifest in a healthy healed body, may she overcome this cancer.

W/out exactly know the moon's position and w/out birth time- I'd like to give it an honest ea shot.

either the moon is conj the north node, or it is conjunct Uranus, or both. In all cases- with saturn on the sn in aquarius, and uranus the ruler in leo- she SEEMS to be the most sane of children in "crazy mom's club" but I feel that is because she has learned how to dissociate from the pain.

of course breasts are moon- and i really wonder the exact degree. if the moon was a latter degree- it would bring the transiting aquarian planets into opposition with it, and it would be placed natally closer to Uranus which is of course descriptive of the type of trauma you have described.

She's also got the sun and Neptune in opposition, squaring the nodes. So a part of this healing process, in a general way, has to do with aligning with the truth- resolving facts of existence that she has avoided. Becoming more affectionate, in a personal and subjective way- is a part of that (leo nn, sun opposing neptune= avoidance of being seen, holding back on personal love, feeling jaded about sharing real intimacy with others. closing the heart in the light of traumas that left her inner child greatly ignored). I kind of want to hear more about her father- perhaps a part of this healing is connected to healing with him.

In terms of the evolutionary intentions for this soul. We have Pluto in virgo- opposing Jupiter in Pisces. What we know from this is simply connected to how she conceptualizes the broader scope of existance- how she makes meaning out of life. She just started her Jupiter return- so there is certainly an expansion of her world view happening now. her soul's security pattern has been to become hardened around certain ideas. this seems to be about opening her mind- which in the context of the chart- seems to be connected to opening the heart (leo), and becoming more vulnerable (moon).

That's what I am able to ascertain. Thanks for sharing this eric.

Rad

Eric,

The causes of the breast cancer are rooted in past life traumas that have been repressed and run from. The nature of those traumas was severe to the point that they is even a form of unresolved hysteria within her Soul. The repression of those traumas, and the anger that is associated with them, has caused a toxicity to occur that has manifested as this cancer.

Rad

Eric

Hi Ari and Rad,

Thanks for taking a look and responding.
Ari, i will find out more detail about her father, may take a while because of the inability to communicate with D. at the moment.

Quoteeither the moon is conj the north node, or it is conjunct Uranus, or both. In all cases- with saturn on the sn in aquarius, and uranus the ruler in leo- she SEEMS to be the most sane of children in "crazy mom's club" but I feel that is because she has learned how to dissociate from the pain.

Ari, I think this makes a lot of sense. As i said previously, i see this happen with her and she is quite adept at looping around in  her thoughts as they ever so briefly connect with her feelings. This has created a protective structure in the past to function in society Ven./Mer. Gemini trine Sat./S.Node Aq.
This has served her in the past but now, it is coming to her awareness rapidly that her demons must be dealt with. This dynamic has been in play for so long that the walls of resistance ( which have kept the closeted demons at bay) are now in fact a hindrance to further growth and maybe survival -Sun in Taurus. Yet, there is a lot of anxiety around this because blowing the lid off of her emotions Uran./Moon may send her into free fall from which there is no guarantee of return. Think of her moms condition which developed rapidly and just kept deteriorating.
So there does seem to be a trust issue from the past where no one was there to help out and she was really left all alone. Which leads back to your point about letting herself be vulnerable. And now she really does have a lot of support through her friends which are really her family now by choice.

QuoteEric,

The causes of the breast cancer are rooted in past life traumas that have been repressed and run from. The nature of those traumas was severe to the point that they is even a form of unresolved hysteria within her Soul. The repression of those traumas, and the anger that is associated with them, has caused a toxicity to occur that has manifested as this cancer.

Rad

I'd like to hear a little bit more about how you see this if you are so inclined.

After reading this I did a little right brain exploration and this is what I saw (this from a novice):
many lifetimes ago, a young girl playing in a field, she comes upon something which piques her curiosity (which at the time all I could come up with was Pandora's Box but may have been akin to a psychotropic plant) and she opens it (or ingests it). At the time she had no context for understanding the things she was witnessing and lost her young sense of identity by merging into territory which ultimately freaked out her soul and caused the original split. Or reamplified a previous one.She didn't recover in this life.
Pluto/Lucifer Virgo opp. Jup./Chiron Pisces t-squared by Ven./Mer. Gemini itself inconjuncts Neptune Rx in Scorpio opp her Sun which both square the nodes which themselves conjunct the Nodes of Neptune.

In this way her consciousness seemed to be blown open before she was in any way prepared. This has led her to become quite expert in collecting information Mer. Gemini related to her immediate surroundings so that her soul can discriminate  square Pluto/Virgo how not to make lose her own consciousness Merc. inconjunct Neptune/Scorpio opp. Sun/Taurus.

Please feel free to correct any holes you see in my ramblings. It all kind of spilled out.

Thanks again to both of you.

Goddess Bless
Eric

Rad

Hi Eric,

The relevant dynamics to look at that correlate to the unresolved traumas and the hysteria that emanates from them are seen is the S.Node in Aquarius conjunct Saturn, Aquarius, the 11th House, and Uranus all correlate among other archetypes to trauma, this Saturn/S.Node is square Neptune in Scorpio which is inconjunct both Mars in Aries, and the Venus/Mercury in Gemini. This is the direct correlation to the hysteria that is linked with the traumas, and the Neptune is also square the N.Node with Moon/Uranus conjunction. This reflects the intention of the Soul to bring these unresolved traumas forwards into the current life which is currently manifesting as the Cancer..Cancer in astrology is Scorpio ... in her breasts: the Moon. The evolutionary intention in doing so is to force her Soul back into her emotional body in order to deal with her emotions, as emotions, without any filters at all other than understanding the various causes of her emotions. In essence, the growth point of her, in this life that will take her into the next, is specific to her emotional body.  All of these symbols also, by the way, correlate to the nature of her mother and her emotional psychology. The Neptune in Scorpio is of course ruled by Pluto in Virgo which is opposed by her Jupiter in Pisces which then comes right back to her Neptune. This is the core symbol of 'running' from these unresolved traumas and the hysteria attendant to them. As a result, it is the prefect symbol for the 'nomad' especially when considered within her overall birth pattern that includes that Mars in Aries, the Venus/Mercury in Gemini.
   What all these symbols then correlate to, archetypically, is  'witnessing' .. being forced to observe ...observation in astrology, thus witnessing, is Aquarius, 11th House, Uranus .. extreme .. Neptune .. traumatic events to a whole group of people and, within that her own family. This group of people and her family were captured by forces larger than herself, the family, or this group ... race...of origin. Race in astrology is Saturn, Capricorn, and the 10th House. The larger forces were another group, another race. Within this captured scenario these unspeakable traumas would take place to the group, her family, and finally herself. One of the clues, playing EA detective, to where this took place in her last life is the Mars in Aries that is inconjuncting her Neptune in Scorpio. From a geodedic point of view that line comes through Poland and Germany.
  These symbols correlate to the underlying dynamics that are the cause of her running from her emotional body for obvious reasons. And that running, the suppression of these traumas, is, again the cause of the toxicity within the body manifesting as the cancer in her breasts. And, yes, it is also possible within these symbols to see the specific nature of those unspeakable traumas. For right now I will not go into those specifics. Right now it is important to understand and see the dynamics in general that are the causes of her condition. And, as EA astrologers, that is what we need to do and understand. The story you came up with is just that Eric: a story. And, in my view, we should never tell another 'stories' that somehow we come up without ACTUALLY KNOWING if that story is true or not. It is important to understand the archetypes and the dynamics within those archetypes that do correlate with the specific reality of the client. And that is what we then share with a client if that client is so inclined.
  Feel free to ask more about all this if you wish.

Rad

Kristin

Hi Eric,

As a woman who has heard far too many of these stories,it pains me greatly to see and experience the suffering of so many on this topic but unfortunately the distortions are DEEP due to the patriachal permeation. I am sorry to hear about yet another woman facing the physical consequences of the repression. But I see this also as an opportunity to turn and face it, understand WHY (she has Neptune in Scorpio squaring her nodes..running from the WHY..running from the trauma..too much to hold) - now to see it for what it is and BATTLE IT OUT of her being.

Thanks so much Rad for your clear interp of D's chart. EA continues to blow me away.

The nomad piece of this chart is so interesting because from an outsiders perspective, they see a woman spending all of her time in nature and eating naturally so she may APPEAR to be the last person who would get cancer but what is ACTUALLY occuring in these choices is RUNNING ..ALWAYS RUNNING..HIKING..COOKING..DOING..moving away from her pain....until now..this has stopped her in her tracks.
Transiting Mars RX is right on top of her North Node. Consider Mars to be a key unlocking a door and behind that door sits all the emotions she has held in. Over time this trauma with emotions attached , Saturn in Aquarius on the South Node,comes spilling out. But since she has been so good at holding it in with that Saturn parked on the South Node, the build up of hard energy,as Rad said created toxins to be  stored in her body. Of course it is in female body ie breasts..because this is due to EMOTION, ie Moon near the NN and Uranus. Emotions is a feminine thing..YIN...the Cancer is found in the breasts.
SO TR MarsRX unleashes the anger..This is an exact conjunction..Tr Mars is squaring her Neptune in Scorpio and opposing her Saturn. This transit recently squared her own Mars while moving direct and then again while it was retrograde,so the inner compression was taxed by this energy and the tr Mars serves like a trigger to push the Soul forward wherever one has been hiding, resisting or repressing anything. Mars rx also always forces people IN..IN ..IN..to address the inner world...REMEMBER THAT MARS IS THE LEAD POINT IN OUR EVOLUTION.
Mars moves direct again around March 10 and will make these aspects one more time..this may equal surgery for her..not sure how extensive this is..the last hard Mars hit will have passed by mid May.

On a positive note, apart from an opprtunity to address SOUL stuff..is that she is approaching her Jupiter return and very near her Jupiter return, Venus will also be conjunct her Jupiter. This is quite a benevolent energy and an opportunity for some higher help in the healing department. Note, Jupiter also expands everything it touches so in some cases can enlarge something so it may be incredibly 'lucky'that she caught the lump now because if she had not, it could have grown to be a potentially more challenging cancer.
SO on Feb 17 Jupiter and Venus come together,then on Feb 24 she has a Jupiter return. this initiates a brand new 12 year cycle, an opportunity to clear the decks and finally HEAL the TRUTH of the pain that has been held within..Jupiter in Pisces.

All the best of healing to her..in body and soul,
Kristin

Eric

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much for spelling this all out. I GREATLY appreciate your insight not only as a grammar student of this language but as an opportunity to help my friend find her way into her emotions and be able to hang out there for a bit.
It's interesting to note that she just spent time this fall with a good friend of hers who was going through the same circumstance. D.was emotional which took her by surprise, but her friend with cancer not so much emotion. It was as if she was given a pre cancer gift via her friend, a clue.

The night before she took off with her students, a group of close friends gathered at my home with her. She had been presented the option by her employer of not leading this group and most of us thought that she should opt out in deference to her health. However, her doc had said that postponing surgery for several weeks would not likely make much difference. Her point to all of her concerned friends and given the green light by her doc, was that she would prefer not to sit and stew about this when she could be making some money and be occupied until surgery. For a very brief moment as she was speaking to us, her emotions surfaced (which was related to a sense of gratitude toward our love for her). In lightening speed, she pulled out of her dive and instantly brought the group back to intellectual discussion. After letting this go on for a few minutes, I asked her to pause and rewind back to this moment. I asked her to mark that moment and said that all of us were 100% there for her when she reconnected with this place. I had thought that in bringing the conversation back to this point maybe something further could be released. Well, sort of. What came up was a bit of controlled anger towards being exposed and put on the spot. An almost imperceptible energetic push instead of the opening I had hoped would be receptive of feeling the depth of love surrounding her. In ten days she will be returning here and living with us during at least the first part of treatment.

So, the sixty-four thousand dollar question I have is this: Having her here, and being one of the only people in her life to actually see this phenomenon occur as it is occurring, what can I do to organically support her in reconnecting with her emotional body?

As far as EA, Rad, you have given me a gourmet meal to chew on. As I have begun to savor it, nutrient rich, I realize how much I want to prepare this dish for others to enjoy. Sharpening my knives as line cook and looking down the road towards sous chef ( enough of this corny metaphor already:), I do have many EA questions for the chef (sorry), but if I may I'd start with one based on this:

QuoteOne of the clues, playing EA detective, to where this took place in her last life is the Mars in Aries that is inconjuncting her Neptune in Scorpio. From a geodedic point of view that line comes through Poland and Germany.

I see that line, and assume from your delineation which refers to her last life (or relatively recent world events) what happened there. Every time i read about specific lifetimes, I wonder what the EA correlation is. In D.'s case specifically, but also the general dynamics which speak to this issue. I would be happy to explore that through another resource other than this board if someone will just point to the appropriate door.

Last thing, as I realize this may post may be consuming more than it's fair share of attention.

QuoteThe story you came up with is just that Eric: a story. And, in my view, we should never tell another 'stories' that somehow we come up without ACTUALLY KNOWING if that story is true or not. It is important to understand the archetypes and the dynamics within those archetypes that do correlate with the specific reality of the client. And that is what we then share with a client if that client is so inclined.

I thank you for this piece of wisdom. There are scores of charlatans and quacks out there and I appreciate the fact that you reigned my fantasy world in lest i contribute to that. Again, this may be a larger question best dealt with elsewhere but i saw what i saw. So, the question here really would lean towards how to discern if a "story" such as this is based on truth or fantasy?

Kristin,

Thank you so much for what you have said.
As I read this:

On a positive note, apart from an opprtunity to address SOUL stuff..is that she is approaching her Jupiter return and very near her Jupiter return, Venus will also be conjunct her Jupiter. This is quite a benevolent energy and an opportunity for some higher help in the healing department. Note, Jupiter also expands everything it touches so in some cases can enlarge something so it may be incredibly 'lucky'that she caught the lump now because if she had not, it could have grown to be a potentially more challenging cancer.
SO on Feb 17 Jupiter and Venus come together,then on Feb 24 she has a Jupiter return. this initiates a brand new 12 year cycle, an opportunity to clear the decks and finally HEAL the TRUTH of the pain that has been held within..Jupiter in Pisces.

it was like there was a little release from the pressure valve and bit of emotion rose up in welcome relief. While I attributed this to D's circumstances, my birthday is six months later than hers which connects us in similar ways and my Mars sits between her Moon/N.Node, so maybe it's because I feel like I can truly be of some service to her at this time. Mars/6th. I hope so.

QuoteAs a woman who has heard far too many of these stories,it pains me greatly to see and experience the suffering of so many on this topic but unfortunately the distortions are DEEP due to the patriachal permeation. I am sorry to hear about yet another woman facing the physical consequences of the repression.

Is it not true that it is what it is? I say this not in any way as a snappy comeback, but really as a question to myself. It is what it is, and on top of this is a shitload of pain and suffering because a bunch of lesser evolved souls have gone about wreaking havoc. Right? Still happening. It defies belief and can just grind us down to no hope and no fight. I think that's the permeation you speak to. Arghhh!!!

Maybe you speak to something more specific than the general patriarchal takeover or not. The first time I really heard the story was from Demetra George some years ago. As she told the story through the asteroid goddesses, I found that all of the sudden I was just weeping. I just felt crushed. But the vast majority have no idea...

So with that, I appreciate sooo much the fact that you give voice to that. To dredge it up out of the dark and expose it for what it is.

Thanks for the Bright Rays of Sunshine:)

It is with a deep bow to both of you that I exit for now.
Goddess Bless,
Eric

Rad

Hi Eric,

"After reading this I did a little right brain exploration and this is what I saw (this from a novice):
many lifetimes ago, a young girl playing in a field, she comes upon something which piques her curiosity (which at the time all I could come up with was Pandora's Box but may have been akin to a psychotropic plant) and she opens it (or ingests it). At the time she had no context for understanding the things she was witnessing and lost her young sense of identity by merging into territory which ultimately freaked out her soul and caused the original split. Or reamplified a previous one.She didn't recover in this life.
Pluto/Lucifer Virgo opp. Jup./Chiron Pisces t-squared by Ven./Mer. Gemini itself inconjuncts Neptune Rx in Scorpio opp her Sun which both square the nodes which themselves conjunct the Nodes of Neptune.

In this way her consciousness seemed to be blown open before she was in any way prepared. This has led her to become quite expert in collecting information Mer. Gemini related to her immediate surroundings so that her soul can discriminate  square Pluto/Virgo how not to make lose her own consciousness Merc. inconjunct Neptune/Scorpio opp. Sun/Taurus."

"The story you came up with is just that Eric: a story. And, in my view, we should never tell another 'stories' that somehow we come up without ACTUALLY KNOWING if that story is true or not. It is important to understand the archetypes and the dynamics within those archetypes that do correlate with the specific reality of the client. And that is what we then share with a client if that client is so inclined.

I thank you for this piece of wisdom. There are scores of charlatans and quacks out there and I appreciate the fact that you reigned my fantasy world in lest i contribute to that. Again, this may be a larger question best dealt with elsewhere but i saw what i saw. So, the question here really would lean towards how to discern if a "story" such as this is based on truth or fantasy?"

If you examine the 'dynamics' that have been used to explain and analyze what is going on within her Soul, and why, that explains the causes of the breast cancer, which you can now see as explained, you will then see that what you have done in the story that you came up with is a METAPHOR for those dynamics. The pandoras box in your story in fact symbolizes, a metaphor, for what is in that box that leads to where it leads in your story. And what is in that box are the actual dynamics that directly correlate to a specific past life that is the cause of her unresolved trauma and the hysteria that is attendant to it. When one uses the planetary nodes the degree of that trauma and hysteria is even more compounded because the S.Node of Neptune is conjunct her S.Node and Saturn, and the N.Node of Neptune is conjunct her N.Node of the Moon, and the Moon itself. And Those N.S.Nodes of Neptune then square her natal Neptune in Scorpio.

Most folks Eric do not have the capacity to directly see into the past lives of themselves, let alone another person. So typically when someone is looking into symbols in a chart from a past life point of view they do come up with what you have: a metaphor that symbolizes the dynamics that do correlate to past lifetimes. So when working with ourselves, or another, it is important to understand those dynamics, and the reasons for them, in order to help ourselves or another to understand the past life dynamics that have been the cause of the current life dynamics. Sharing metaphors of those dynamics can be relevant because metaphors can operate as triggers to necessary realizations about whatever the dynamics symbolize. Yet it is important to share it as metaphor and not be presented as an actual past life or lives that the Soul has lived.

Rad

Eric

Hi Rad,

Excellent!
Know anyone who wants to trade a couple pounds of metaphors for an ounce of EA. :)

Thank you.
Eric