Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Jul 18, 2019, 01:48 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mercury retrograde and starting new habits aligned with Soul's Truth  (Read 346 times)
Helena

« on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:40 PM »

Hi Rad,

in the last days a series of synchronicities got me into questioning whether there is a Virgo component to mercury retrograde? I never heard specifically of it and this happened randomly by noticing many people around me and myself included starting new habits related to the improvement of life, some eating healthier, others doing more exercise or meditation, others quit smoking, etc., a lot of people...
Coming to the realisation there's a common myth that it actually takes 21 days to turn a wish into an habit, and mercury retrograde period usually taking around three weeks, so 21 days, got me into thinking if we actually can be speaking of this being a period in time where desire within the soul to tap into the sagittarius/jupiter right brain function can be positively accessed by Virgo and the implementation of the new habits soul's been asking for. Would you see some accuracy in this from and EA perspective? Or just if connected personally to Virgo or 6th house by transit?

Generally speaking, mercury retrograde is seen as this doomed time in life where everything goes wrong in the gemini ruled areas but we study in EA and more specifically here as taught by JWG, http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,1432.0.html
that it actually is much more than that, in a way that the delays and confusions left brain related are most likely a way to help us switch to the right brain and tap intuition. Although, we know reality is something a little more complex then that (specially when it comes to changing deep ingrained habits), and in fact the virgo/pisces axis can help us make the distinction between the many potentials and roads of the linear mind, how we can deceive or heal ourselves, and the faith needed to act on something we know intuitively that we should do with the typical virgo insecurity lasting for a while.
That's why i see Virgo's mercury rulership can make a positive difference in keeping consistency so that a chaotic time can make sense in the end, or when mercury retrograde finally ends?

Thank you in advance Rad,
Helena
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2019, 03:50 PM by Helena » Logged
Rad
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:55 AM »

Hi Helena,

"in the last days a series of synchronicities got me into questioning whether there is a Virgo component to mercury retrograde? I never heard specifically of it and this happened randomly by noticing many people around me and myself included starting new habits related to the improvement of life, some eating healthier, others doing more exercise or meditation, others quit smoking, etc., a lot of people...
Coming to the realisation there's a common myth that it actually takes 21 days to turn a wish into an habit, and mercury retrograde period usually taking around three weeks, so 21 days, got me into thinking if we actually can be speaking of this being a period in time where desire within the soul to tap into the sagittarius/jupiter right brain function can be positively accessed by Virgo and the implementation of the new habits soul's been asking for. Would you see some accuracy in this from and EA perspective? Or just if connected personally to Virgo or 6th house by transit?"

Yes, what you are point out is quite accurate. Mercury co-rules Virgo and Gemini. One of the archetypes that correlate with Virgo and the 6th House is one of self-improvement. Here is a link to a lecture JWG did years ago that speaks to exactly this: http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,1079.0.html. It called The Sixth House: Issues In Self Improvement.

"Generally speaking, mercury retrograde is seen as this doomed time in life where everything goes wrong in the gemini ruled areas but we study in EA and more specifically here as taught by JWG, http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,1432.0.html
that it actually is much more than that, in a way that the delays and confusions left brain related are most likely a way to help us switch to the right brain and tap intuition. Although, we know reality is something a little more complex then that (specially when it comes to changing deep ingrained habits), and in fact the virgo/pisces axis can help us make the distinction between the many potentials and roads of the linear mind, how we can deceive or heal ourselves, and the faith needed to act on something we know intuitively that we should do with the typical virgo insecurity lasting for a while.
That's why i see Virgo's mercury rulership can make a positive difference in keeping consistency so that a chaotic time can make sense in the end, or when mercury retrograde finally ends? "

Yes, and the key for all of this is that when a Soul makes changes that correlate to self improvement when Mercury is retrograde to make sure to follow through on them WHEN MERCURY GOES DIRECT.

God Bless, Rad
Helena

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:49 AM »

Hi Rad,

So neat! Your answer is spot on... I have a special appreciation for this JWG's lecture because i belong in the group of people with ruler of the 12th in the 6th as JWG mentions and can comprove everything that JWG says by experience. In fact, this planet is my sun that was transited some days ago by current mercury retrograde... So really neat you pointed to that in this context :-)

I agree with the co-rulership having an importance, have seen it around me and really appreciate your insight and clarification. Understand it could be important for astrologers counselling and demystify the tendency to look at mercury retrograde as only a time when new things should better be avoided.

Thank you Rad,
Helena
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: