School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Planets in intercepted signs

Started by Christian, Apr 03, 2019, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum. I became familiar with evoliutonary astrology earlier this year through JWG book about pluto. Though, only last weekend have i discovered this website and since then i have been amazed by what a goldmine of knowledge is collected here. Trying to gain an understanding in the evoliutonary astrology method so far has been a thrilling and extremely stimulating experience. The question that i would like to ask is related to interceptions. I have found a thread saying that an intercepted sign is either an overdeveloped energy which does not require that much attention or an underdeveloped one which requires consciuos growth. But what about planets being in those interceptions? It has peaked my interest after seeing a thread about intercepted pluto saying that it needs to be interpreted differently than in a normal sign, in general terms. For example, the chart of Jesus has almost all of the planets( except from neptune and mercury) in a virgo/pisces interception. After i started paying attention to this detail i saw that some people that i know also have intercepted planets, one of my close friends even 6 in a leo/aquarius interception and it keeps bothering me whether these planets should be interpreted in a normal or some specific manner. It is also a topic that directly influences me since i have pluto and mars both intercepted in different houses. Since these are the archetypes of the soul and how we consciuosly act out the desires emanating from it, the connection between them is very direct and i'm very interested in what it could mean. I know that each interpretation requires an individual context and therefore i will attach my own chart. I feel very thirsty for knowledge, but if that is inapropriate, then i would like to ask if someone could just give me some general insights into the nature of planets being in intercepted signs.

Thank you,
Christian

Rad

Hi Christian,

First, welcome to the message board.

Planets that in intercepted signs actualize themselves in the house that they are in yet conditioned by the sign on the actual house cusp. From there to locate the planetary ruler of that house because the sign and location of that planetary ruler will provide further archetypes of how the intercepted planet is meant to be actualized.

Your Mars in Pisces in the 10th is coming through the sign Aquarius which is then ruled by Uranus of course which is in your 9th: in Aquarius. So your Soul had and has a desire to actualize itself by way of doing something for others that will help them also actualize themselves. Helping others to objectify themselves, their actual truths, just as you are trying to do for yourself. Uranus, Aquarius, and the 11th House all correlate to things like Astrology for example. So you can see how your desire manifesting in the 10th in Pisces is being actualized in this way. If you fully develop yourself in Astrology, or any other vehicle that helps others understand who they are, the 10th House part means you could actually make that a life's work.

Pluto in the 6th in Sagittarius, ruled by the 11th House Jupiter, Pluto coming through Scorpio, correlates to the same archetypal meanings: being of service to a larger whole, of doing a work that you feel is related to your understanding of the Source Of All Things: karma yoga. Thus, allowing such work to serve as a vehicle for your own personal evolution relative to the inner dimensions within your consciousness that are rooted in the Source Of All Things. Coming through Scorpio relative to astrology has drawn you to Evolutionary Astrology of course.  :)

This is just a simple example to help you understand how interceptions work.

God Bless, Rad

Christian

Thank you for making it clear, appreciate it a lot.

Rad

SeptSpirit

Greetings,

My first post here. I'm learning about Intercepted Signs/Planets. This isn't present in my natal chart, but I've seen it in my progressed charts. The first time at age 10. Also in composite charts.

Does IS apply to progressed or composite?

Thanks!

Rad

It applies to composite charts, not progressed charts. In EA we only use progressed planets as they apply to the natal chart: not the whole of a progressed chart with an ascendant, etc. In traditional astrology, however, this would apply to progressed charts.

God Bless, Rad