Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planetary nodes - the diff b/t moon and other planets  (Read 2248 times)
Kristin

« on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:04 AM »

Hi Rad and D,

I have had some questions from people (and would like to also know myself  Smiley) about the differnece between the lunar nodal axis and the planetary nodes. When looking at the lunar nodes, the south and the north node of the Moon are always exactly opposite in sign and degree ie south node in Sag and north node in Gemini but when you look up anyone's planetary nodes, the south and the north node as well as natal placement can ALL be in the same sign. For example, someone'e south node of Mercury, natal Mercury, and north node of Mercury can all be in Sagittarius. How is that possible?

Bless you for your insight into this..

Lanak!
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009, 03:39 PM by Lanaka » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2009, 02:33 PM »

Hi Lanaka,
 The reason is that the planetary motions are not constant whereas the motion of the Moon relative to Earth is. Thus when the various planets move above or below the elliptic of the Earth the Nodes that this then correlates too are not constant: they are irregular.
 The reason that Mercury and Venus can have their Nodes in the same sign is because of their relative distances from the Sun. Mercury can be no further than 28 degrees away, and Venus , if I remember right, can never be more than 45 degrees away from the Sun. As a result as these two planets move below or above the elliptic their Nodes can be in the same sign.
 Even though they can be in the same sign we must remember that each sign is evolved through. Each sign is the totality of an archetype. Thus, the Nodes can be in the same sign but there is an ongoing evolution within those signs that correlate to the ongoing evolutionary intentions of the Soul. Rad
Kristin

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2009, 03:15 PM »

Thanks Rad...that makes perfect sense now..!
adina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2009, 08:47 AM »

Yes, thanks Rad. Simple and clear explanation. 

In relation to the nodes of the asteroid, Lucifer, I discovered that the S Node ONLY alternates back and forth between Leo and Virgo, and the N Node ONLY travels thru Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. I could probably come up with a good reason for the Leo/Aqu and Virgo/Pisces combo, considering Lucifer's fall from grace and the reasons for it, but then how did Capricorn come into the mix? Does it have anything to do with the reflection of this dynamic in relation to time/space reality; i.e., it only manifests into time/space reality (Capricorn) because OF the separation from God? Or is it something else? I hope this is clear, TR Neptune is smacking the crap out of my chart!  Shocked
birdwhistler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2009, 10:57 AM »

Hi Adina,

Right off the top of my head, doesn't Cap have something to do with gender and the social role assignment and the patriarchy?
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2009, 12:58 PM »

Hi Adina,
 To understand the N.Node of Lucifer being in Capricorn, at times, is to understand the nature of the Capricorn archetype in total. From there we would then have to understand the individual context of each person's chart, life, when we are trying to understand that symbol in their chart, when it occurs. And, of course, this would have to be placed within the larger context of the natal position for the Lucifer, by house and sign and the aspects it is making to other planets, and, of course, the S.Node of Lucifer where itself is located by house and sign, and aspects that it is making to other planets.
 Within this we would need to remember that Lucifer is also the 'bearer of light': God. So it's not just evil within this symbol: it is both God and Evil within the same archetypes. In combination with the natal position of Lucifer and it's Nodal Axis in each chart we can then determine exactly where not only the 'influence' of evil can occur and for what reasons, but also, in those same symbols, how that influence can be defeated or overcome through the influence of God. And thus the 'war' between God and evil relative to each Soul.
 In general, when we see this N.Node of Lucifer being in Capricorn, or Lucifer is the sign of Capricorn, or natal Lucifer in the 10th house, or Saturn in aspect to natal Lucifer no matter what sign it is in, we are dealing with the nature of judgments. Judgments are natural to consciousness of course. It was one of the ways that we learn about things. So the issue, of itself, in not judgments of themselves here. To me what it is about is what the basis is, the nature of, our judgments. Are our judgments a function of Natural Laws, the Natural Laws that God set in motion relative to the Creation, or our the basis of our judgments manifesting from man made laws that have nothing to do with Natural Laws ? Think about all the 'judgments', for example, that come from man made religions that all start with a perfect god ? All the moralities that come from these made made religions that serve as judgments that we can make upon ourselves, or upon others. Etc, etc. Think about how Lucifer could 'influence' our judgments of ourselves or others when we are defined, Capricorn, by these artificial judgments. Look at what happened to Joan of Arc since we talked about that yesterday.
  She was of course 'judged' by the external authorities of the Church where the very nature of those judgments were based on the infallibility of the Pope and his 'authority' versus Joan of Arc who ultimate authority, thus judgments, were based on her inner communion with the inner Godhead and the three saints whom talked to her, instructed her. And of course those external authorities then judged her as evil. And burned her to death after having her subjected to gang raping. AS IT TURNS OUT JOAN OF ARC'S NATAL LUCIFER IS IN PISCES CONJUNCT HER N.NODE IN HER 8TH HOUSE, AND IN OPPOSITION TO HER NATAL MARS CONJUNCT HER S.NODE IN VIRGO. MARS IS THE RULER OF, YES, HER 10TH HOUSE !
  Rad
Stacie

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2009, 12:59 PM »

Hi Adina,

Interesting question.  What flies into my head is the progressive takeover of the Patriarchy...though this is obviously limited because its only relative to thousands of years of human history....but at least in the times we are experiencing  now, this is certainly a major correlation that I see.  In capricorn we also have the famous psychology of futility: what's the point.  We have the destructive justification of those who abuse social power: 'end justifies the means'...use of social power/influence to control the lives and conditions of the masses...false external authorities...oppression...guilt, and when combined with anger, resulting in pathologies of sadism...  We also have the very problematic psychology of self-interest/exclusion (a direct product of the distortions which have come from the suppression, repression, and control of natural impulses and natural law itself) which is a core psychology that prevents so many people from knowing god in this era...allowing evil to sustain its above influences and more, to evolve its own intentions...
Willow

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2009, 03:07 PM »

Thanks Rad for the clarification on Pallas. It is amazing all the repeating 'themes' in that chart relative to the inner 'voices'.

Willow
Lia

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2009, 03:44 PM »

Hi Everyone,

What a great topic!
Adina, thanks for sharing this, really amazing how the planetary nodes of lucifer are limited! What a deep symbolism lies within that...

Most amazing that only the n.node transits through Capricorn..... My intuition suggests something like, it must have to do with a hidden intention (from God/ess) to make souls find and recognise the inner authority, versus the outer authority --coming back to, as Rad stated, the natural law based judgement of what's wrong and right, versus man made judgment based on false moralities......and via that, coming back to the final teaching of capricorn that each soul is responsible for all of their actions....and that translates to being responsible for their reality as a whole.....capricorn....

Of course within that there is a possibility for the temptation to do otherwise and follow the "way of the world" so to speak....and the time and space reality in essence is a "playground" for testing...where the consequences of actions maybe delayed...may not be appearent right away....so the test can be really tough sometimes....but the lesson still remains the same....responsibility of one's actions....

And as Rad highlighted, the symbol is both, the bearer of light, god --and evil all in one...and the inner struggle of each soul between these two forces all along the way....

I feel it must be deeply important that these n.node signs are all social signs, starting with capr. and the s.node signs are individual, before the soul enters the libra/7th house archetype....before it realises it is a social being and equal to all...equal to the rest of creation.....all this seems pointing to the very nature of how evil works: it is only via a individual/separate consciousness (the perception of being a separate entity, independent from the rest of creation) that evil can operate through...and because of that, only via the separating desires ...

All this feels most revealing....

Thanks Adina for bringing this up, gosh this is SUCH an illuminating observation indeed!

Blessings,

Lia  
PatriciaW

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2009, 09:31 PM »

Yes, thanks Rad. Simple and clear explanation. 

In relation to the nodes of the asteroid, Lucifer, I discovered that the S Node ONLY alternates back and forth between Leo and Virgo, and the N Node ONLY travels thru Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. I could probably come up with a good reason for the Leo/Aqu and Virgo/Pisces combo, considering Lucifer's fall from grace and the reasons for it, but then how did Capricorn come into the mix? Does it have anything to do with the reflection of this dynamic in relation to time/space reality; i.e., it only manifests into time/space reality (Capricorn) because OF the separation from God? Or is it something else? I hope this is clear, TR Neptune is smacking the crap out of my chart!  Shocked

Hi Adina... To me it seems interesting what you report about the NN of Lucifer as that quandrant of the chart starting with the Cardinal sign Capricorn is the transcendant quadrant (Cap, AQ and Pisces). So moving out of the transpersonal Sagg to Capricorn into divine realization...initiated thru Capricorn. The Cap archetype is a Cardinal turning point on the wheel...to me, where the highest immersion and 'mastery' of the known physical world happens.. Like reaching 3rd stage consensus (which is the saturnian archetype). Then beyond that, growth or evolution in the Cap archetype happens through de-conditioning...ie...turning ones back on the limits of man made structure/law to ascend the mountain higher.

I don't know... can it be said beyond it's meanng in the personal chart...that the NN of Lucifer points to the evolution of the luciferic principle?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video