School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Sun in EA

Started by KJL, Aug 12, 2019, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJL

I understand that the sun is considered the point of integration of self according to the EA paradigm. It correlates to creativity and sense of purpose. Yet how central is the sun really in EA? I find it difficult to determine just how far JWG is from traditional astrology in this regard. Would it be meaningful to say, for instance, that "Bob is a Sagittarius", just because his sun is there - my guess is that the EA astrologer does not look at it that way, what with the house being more central than the sign and all.

Furthermore, the sun does not correspond to ego, only the moon does - is this correct? Or do they both correspond to ego in different ways? I mean, in traditional astrology the sun is the core individuality, whereas in EA I get the sense that the sun is nothing much except for the sense of purpose linked to the PPP , and also the point of integration of all the other planets that represent core psychological functions - moon, Mars, Venus and so on. So the question arises, does the sun correlate to anything in and of itself in EA - and specifically, how does it relate to ego and individuality, sense of self?

Apologies if you think I am bringing in too much other astrology here, it is simply my predominant Libra nature trying to make sense of it all. ^^

Best regards,
Kim

Kristin

Kim,

This message board is to teach EA, not for comparative astrology.

The nature of the Sun in the birth chart is explained within the EA teachings. You already have the EA video course, and you have been reading the EA books by JWG, and this message board is full of examples about the Sun in EA. If you have actual questions about the Sun after reading all of that then please feel free to ask.

But we have told you before that this mb is for EA only and not for comparing it to other methods.

If you post questions like this again, you will not be able to participate on the mb.

The choice is yours.

Goddess Bless,
Kristin

GoldLeaf

Hi Kim

I had a similar experience with the sun, astrology and Ea. Because Pluto represents the deepest archetypal nature of the zodiac signs and the bottom line of everything, it tends to dominate the whole story, and because most people meet astrology through sun signs; birthdays et al it takes a slight gravitational shift to reintegrate the sun after meeting the Pluto paradigm; or that was my experience.

Like you mention the sun integrates the rest of the chart and therefore doesn't have a polarity point (I'm sure Ill be corrected if I'm wrong here). When I spoke to Jeff Green about my chart he drew my attention to my sun and its manifestation in my life i.e my father.....

Could I just add that I found Kristins response to this question a bit abrupt and It gave me a rather unpleasant feeling when i read it, hence why i felt compelled to reply to this post. Lets remember the world is slowly turning to shit, and lets all be a bit more patient with like minded souls.....

Rad

Hi GoldLeaf,

Kristin's response was based on the fact that over a period of time now KJL has been trying/ wanting to compare EA with other/ traditional forms of astrology in various posts. She has been asked, several times, to not do that, and given the reasons for not to do that. And, because of that, Kristin's response was necessary in order to stop this. So, in essence, her response was not 'abrupt'. There was an existing context, many previous posts in which both Kristin and I have tried to be as patient as we could be, upon which it was based. Kristin is one of the moderators of our mb, and she has done the right thing because of that role.

Within Kristin's response to her is the ongoing invitation to keep participating in the message board as long as it stays within the parameters of EA itself.

God Bless, Rad

GoldLeaf

Thanks for the explanation Rad!