School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Please could someone confirm Phasal/Aspect here?

Started by XeniaRose, Aug 14, 2019, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeniaRose

Mm... I'm not sure...

Uranus is at 7d 43' 28 Sag
Jupiter is at 7d 47' 46 Sag

Both Retrograde with Jupiter applying in its conjunction.. therefore i'd say it would be a New Phase =Applying?? If it were separating, then it would fall under the Balsamic phase?  Or??  ???

Great Learning happening! Hoping someone jumps in to confirm either way ... 

Linda

Hi members,

I've attached some visuals below which will hopefully help you learn the technique of calculating phasal relationships more readily and easily.

Love, Linda

Kristin

Hi ZeniaRose,

You asked

Uranus is at 7d 43' 28 Sag
Jupiter is at 7d 47' 46 Sag

Both Retrograde with Jupiter applying in its conjunction.. therefore i'd say it would be a New Phase =Applying??

Yes NEW PHASE because Uranus is slower, thus station and Jupiter is separating (not applying) from Uranus as you move counterclockwise.

You then wrote
If it were separating, then it would fall under the Balsamic phase?  Or??  Huh

Jupiter IS separating from Uranus, thus NEW.

Just take the slower moving planet and count the degrees counter clockwise. I think the words separating and applying are confusing you.
 ;)

It may be that because they are retrograde that you are thinking the planets are moving. They are not, this is a chart for a given moment in time and we are simply counting the degrees that separate them to determine the aspect and phase.

THANK YOU LINDA FOR THESE CHARTS ~ they are excellent!

~Kristin

GoldLeaf

Great, thanks for clarifying Kristin, particularly regarding retrogrades and moments in time!

does anyone have any archetypal one liners/koans or paragraph about a planet combo with the new phase planet ruling the starting planet?

So mars being ruled by new phase venus and Uranus being ruled by new phase jupiter in this particular chart,

Could this symbolise a new way of dealing with an old issue? Or an intensification of the instinctual process as symbolised by the new phase?

Thanks

Kristin

HI Goldleaf,

In this case, the Venus ruling the New Phase Mars brings an added emphasis on the inner relationship to herself and the need to nurture and validate herself within versus looking to others for acceptance. Being that we are working with a Mars in Taurus in the 4th and a Venus in Cancer in the 7th, that is a strong theme for self reliance across the board, emotionally speaking and otherwise. With Venus ruling that Mars, it does give it an extra kicker of energy where she will be attracting others who enforce this intention.

She may attract others who need her, so by virtue of their neediness,  she is then not getting her needs met by another. Thus needing to cultivate those inner landscapes herself, a natural path to evolution. So yes, Venus in Cancer in this context gives it added intensification of this Soul intention. Remember too, that Venus rules her 9th house Pluto in Libra.

Looking at the whole chart, she is already a Soul is who going to feel alienated in this world and not really at home anywhere, a gypsy spirit. This means she is learning to feel at home wherever she travels and to bring that feeling of home with her. (9th house Pluto in Libra, ruler Venus in Cancer ~ South Node in Sag in the 12th, ruler Jupiter New Phase to Uranus in the 11th)

With Jupiter ruling the New Phases Uranus/Jupiter conjunction in Sagittarius, yes, this intensifies the theme of honoring her nature and her individuality no matter what. Remembering that she has a South Node in Sagittarius in the 12th, which that same Jupiter rules. To not attach to what others think of her and her choices. (Venus in Cancer in the 7th) and to remember that to live her truth, Jupiter, will allow her to naturally attract others of like mind who are wired as she is, even if they are few.

The bottom line is her need to be true to herself, 9th house Pluto, SN in Sag.  She can become whole unto herself by nurturing what she needs emotionally and otherwise. Part of what will allow for this is aligning with her karma yoga, right work, North Node in the 6th in a way that honors her unique design, her original thumbprint (as JWG would say).

~Kristin

XeniaRose

All,
Apologies for my delay, I was teaching all day yesterday.

@ Linda, Great,thank you for the charts!

@ GoldLeaf - thank you for continuing the discussion and bringing further things to light. My learning and understanding of the phases/aspects and planetary pairing has been accelerated this week!!  I feel way more confident in assessing phasal relationships and the evolutionary aspects within the 360 cycle.  Thank You.

@ Kirsten - Mmmm....  Yes indeed...  "This Person" is indeed learning strong and fast about the deeper layers of self reliance and sufficiency. She has a history of codependency (Mostly others - Aggressively - saving themselves through her but is finally becoming aware that it is SHE that is creating this dynamic).  That mars needs to be activated, otherwise it plays out via projection to the other.

'She' is committed to the work to free herself of this unaware excess emotional energy and turn it inwards to peel back further layers.  Her explorations of consciousness lead her to develop her emotional states. 
Leaving for the east very shortly for 4 months of silent retreat, hopefully uncovering further conditioning before south america to embark on prolonged TAPM.

It is at this point, regardless of others expectations and demands on the life that she 'should' live, she is
truly living the life that she wishes. 

Strange to read how accurately you read 'her'. 

Sending Love and Respect your way

Xenia Rose

Kristin

Hi ZeniaRose,

That is the value and the power of EA when the archetypes are understood correctly.

An incredible tool to help validate the Soul on its journey.

Peace,
Kristin

GoldLeaf

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for the detailed analysis of the aspects mentioned, clear and concise; yes of course I forgot the south node sag, freedom lover and consciousness maverick for sure!

ZeniaRose, thanks again for the opportunity to learn myself....

Mercury retrograde is going to love that silent retreat!

Cheers