School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Impeachment of Trump

Started by Rad, Dec 10, 2019, 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil

Hi Rad,

Re the upside "OK" hand gesture I mentioned in my last post (displayed by cadets at the Army-Navy game), today the Military Academy at West Point claims that they did an investigation and concluded it wasn't related to white nationalism but was just part of an innocent game. If you ask me, just more whitewashing.

In case you're interested, here's an article about how that hand signal is tied to white supremacy: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ok-sign-white-power-supremacy-alt-right-4chan-trolling-hoax-a9249846.html

All the best,

Soleil

Rad

dollydaydream

Thanks for the link to this article Rad.  The similarities between trump and orban are stunning and terrifying.  For me the most frightening part is the way they so easily co-opt others into supporting their corruption.  DDD

Upasika

What Orban has done to Hungary sounds plain ghastly.

soleil

Hi Rad,

Thanks for that article. It's chilling...because it's clear that that is already what's happening here, and you're right---it's exactly what Trump and the Republicans want for America. One part that stood out to me was:

"He altered the nation's Constitution to do what we'd call gerrymandering and voter suppression, ensuring that his party, Fidesz, would win more than two-thirds of the votes in pretty much every federal election well into the future."

This is what I'm most afraid of here if Trump gets re-elected and if the Democrats fail to take over the Senate. Our checks and balances have failed, and unless we get a Democratic president and/or Senate, they are going to not just fail but disappear.

It's clear the Russians are going to try to get Trump re-elected and may very well succeed. Trump and the Republicans act like they have 2020 in the bag. Given their propensity to use dirty tricks, they may, but it's not over yet.

What do you think right now about a Democrat being able to win in 2020? Do you think the only way a Democrat could be elected is if they're a centrist like Biden? Or do you think a progressive---Warren or Sanders--has a chance?

I fear misogyny is alive an well and may prevent Warren from getting to the finish line.

All the best,

Soleil

Rad

Hi Soleil,

My sense is what the majority of Americans want and need is for someone like Biden who symbolizes America BEFORE Trump. Thus, a sense of safety, familiarity, and stability. Someone who will restructure the government in the way it has been in America, to undo everything that Trump has done: the destruction of the government that is underway. Within this he symbolizes the reality that Obama had created while he was his VP.

A Democrat will win the popular vote. But, again, is that Electoral College thing in America that could defeat the will of the majority just like it did when Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by almost 3 million people.

soleil

Hi Rad,

Thanks for your reply and for posting Biden's chart. I think you're right that people are gravitating towards him because he evokes a sense of safety and familiarity. He's a pragmatic choice but people aren't excited about him and I wonder if that may end up being a problem. Maybe if he chose a woman of color for a running mate, he might get the base more excited?

As you mentioned, what we need most is someone who can win in those handful of swing states that carry the electoral college. Let's hope anyone but Trump can pull that off.

All the best,

Soleil

Rad

HI Soleil,

My sense of America is that the 'base' for the Democrats is so motivated to get Trump defeated it won't matter to much about a women of color being on the ticket or not. Having a women on the ticket would really be helpful no matter what.

God Bless, Rad

I attached the below picture that perfectly reflects how Evil, in this case Trump, can try to hide behind God.

Upasika

This is Putin's version (in the process of being implemented) of what Orban did.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12301064

soleil

Hi Rad,

I agree that having a woman on the ticket would be really helpful. I hope that the Democrats' fear of another 4 years of Trump motivates them enough to go out and vote. In 2016, something like half of eligible voters didn't vote at all.

That picture you posted is a perfect example of his hypocrisy. Evil hiding behind God is right.

Peace + blessings,

Soleil

soleil

Hi Upasika,

The fact that the entire Russian cabinet has resigned is startling. What Putin is doing to stay in power is ominous and disturbing. As Gary Kasparov said, the only way he'll go out is in a box.

Thanks for the article.

Soleil

Upasika

Hi Soleil

Well he's just like all the other patriarchal "old man" types in dictatorship positions in their country - the Chinese guy Xi Jinping, Serbian Assad, and many other so-called democratically elected heads of government for that matter.

Their styles may differ, but the intention and results are all similar - self serving control and domination etc.

It seems to me this patriarchal mindset is surging strong on it's last throes before it dies. And that it will inevitably die because either we soul and light workers have created a vibration on Earth that overwhelms theirs and we have re-engaged with nature and each other in a matriarchal sustainable way - or they have succeeded in damaging Earth so much everybody is reduced to a survival level, and thus their wealth becomes meaningless.

Obviously we all hope it's the former...!

blessings Upasika

soleil

Hi Upasika,

I agree that this long patriarchal cycle is in its death throes. Let's hope it dies sooner than later!

It's definitely a testing time for those of us who believe in truth, justice, fairness, natural law, the well-being of the planet, etc. It requires a deeper level of patience, strength and resilience---a soul growth period for all of us.

All the best,

Soleil

Rad

soleil

Hi Rad,

Thanks for that article. What it says is, unfortunately, so true. All the Republicans care about is power---how to get it, how to keep it. This part of the article summed it up for me:

"What used to be called the "authoritarian tendencies" of conservatives have grown unchecked, and the parasite has now completely taken over the host body....all that matters is raw power."

The author is right---nothing any of the Democratic candidates say about policies, etc. matters. We just need to turn out the vote in huge numbers and hope that the cheating tricks Trump uses don't end up getting him re-elected.

I don't know if you checked out Adam Schiff's closing argument last night, but it was powerful. The last thing he said was:

"If the truth doesn't matter, we're lost....you know you can't trust this President to do what's right for this country. You can trust he will do what's right for Donald Trump. He'll do it now. He's done it before. He'll do it for the next several months. He'll do it in the election if he's allowed to. This is why if you find him guilty, you must find that he should be removed. Because right matters. Because right matters and the truth matters. Otherwise, we are lost."

All the best,

Soleil