School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Various conditions of Rulers of the Moon's Nodes

Started by Upasika, Jan 27, 2010, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, been a bit tied up and then it took a while to absorb ... thank you very much for giving concise definitions of these various nodal ruler situations, which provide clear and simple principles to apply in these cases. In some it has confirmed what I was thinking and in others straightened up what was obviously speculation from my side., and I really value that.

There was just one point I couldn't quite get...

Quote from: Rad on Jan 30, 2010, 01:44 PM

2. Ruler of SNo CONJUNCT Ruler of NNo ?

This will correlate to the bringing forwards archetypes/ dynamics from the past, symbolized by the nature of the planet conjunct the N.Node ?,  that  need to be evolved in new ways that will be symbolized by the nature of the House and Sign of the N.Node, and aspects to that S.Node  planetary ruler and N.Node by other planets.

As there is nothing conjuncting the N.Node itself in this scenario I don't really understand this, would you mind clarifying this for me?

And in the next two questions I have broken your answers into sections, as I originally did this to help myself understand it more clearly, and also inserted some extra phrases into your answers to show my interpretation, to make sure I got it right.

6. Moon CONJUNCT SNo, Ruler of NNo CONJUNCT Pluto?

a) Again , with the Moon, or any other planet conjunct the S.Node one of three evolutionary / karmic conditions exist as defined above, and in Wolfs books. The nature of the planet, in this case, the Moon, correlates to what those conditions are: house, sign, and aspects to it. (will be total relive, total fruition or some partial relive and partial fruition mixed).

With the planetary ruler of the N.Node conjunct Pluto this will correlate to the fact that the evolutionary flow of the Soul (symbolized by the N.Node itself) has been moved towards just prior to the current life.

Thus, it is not something 'brand new', but relatively new. So the house/sign, of the N.Node has been used by the Soul, just prior to the current life, to help move forwards, to evolve, the conditions symbolized by the Moon's conjunction to the S.Node
(relive, fruition or both - of the Moon's sign/house/aspects).

7. Ruler NNo CONJUNCT SNo, Ruler SNo SQUARE NNo/SNo axis (applying to NNo)?

a) That there has been skipped steps in the past as symbolized by a planet (in this case the S.Node ruler) squaring the Nodal Axis and the intention is to recover those skipped steps in order to evolve.

b) And that this intention of recovering those skipped steps has just preceeded the current life being lived

(this is symbolized by the N.Node ruler conjunct the S.Node)

i. That means that the Soul has created, just before the current life, circumstances that served to trigger old dynamics,
these dynamics having previously kept the Soul bound to it's past: fixed.

ii. The intention
in this life is to make new choices (shown by the house and sign of the N.Node), in the face of those circumstances (when they appear again in this life) that trigger the old, past, dynamics.

iii. This
process is of course also emphasized by the S.Node ruler applying to the N.Node.

Thanks Rad, I appreciate your time and guidance,
Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

First, yes, you have understood correctly points 6 and 7 ... the insertion of those phrases is exactly right.
Second, sorry for my own mis-reading of point number 2, so of course my answer makes no sense. So here is the correct answer to what you actually asked.

2. Ruler of SNo CONJUNCT Ruler of NNo ?

In this scenario it depends on the nature of the conjunction. If it is balsamic, the ruler of the S.Node balsamic to the ruler of the N.Node, the Soul will feel that it is being blocked or prevented from actualizing new directions for itself: it's evolutionary needs to evolve that will be symbolized by the House and Sign of the N.Node planetary ruler. And that feeling will exist because the Soul has yet to fully culminate or resolve conditions of it's most recent prior lives that are defined by the House and Sign of the planetary ruler. And, that is, indeed, the evolutionary intention of the Soul: to culminate that which must be culminated by way of reliving those prior life conditions in the context of the current life so that it's evolution can proceed. It's creates the typical feeling within the Soul that says ' I have done this before and I feel stuck by it. I want out, I want to do this in a new way'. And yet there are evolutionary and karmic reasons why this condition exist which typically involve necessary understandings and realizations that can only occur because of the need to relive those conditions and the dynamics that have caused those conditions.

If the conjunction is a New Phase one then it means that the Soul has just fulfilled those evolutionary requirements to complete those conditions defined by dynamics from the Soul's past, and is now in a life in which it, the Soul, will bring forwards elements of it's past, the House and Sign of the S.Node and the location of it's planetary ruler, which will be actualized or manifested in brand new or expanded ways. To the Soul this will feel new while at the same time feeling old: ' I have done this before, but in other ways'.
The new ways will be symbolized by not only by the House/Sign of the conjunction of the ruler of both Nodes, and the aspects to it by other planets, by also via the House/Sign of the N.Node itself, and planetary aspects to it.

Rad

Upasika

Elen

Thanks, Upasaka.  

Peace,
Ellen

Elen

Quote from: Rad on Jan 30, 2010, 01:44 PM

8. Rulers of both Nodes in any non-conjunction aspect to each other?

The specific nature of the aspect will correlate to how the Soul's past and future interact in each moment in order for the Soul's evolutionary intentions in total to be actualized.

Rad

Hi Rad,

Just wondering if I could jump in with a question here.... I'm wondering if the Phase relationship between the nodes' rulers would be as significant for the non-conjunctin as for the conjunction?

Thanks so much for your answers,
Ellen

Rad

Hi Ellen,

"Just wondering if I could jump in with a question here.... I'm wondering if the Phase relationship between the nodes' rulers would be as significant for the non-conjunctin as for the conjunction?"

No, it is not as significant. The archetype of whatever the phase is will correlate to how and why the interaction of the past and future, as experienced in each moment of the Soul's life will manifest.

Rad

Elen

Thanks, Rad.  That helps a lot.

Upasika,

Just noticing I've been spelling your name wrong.  Very sorry about that.  I'm usually quite conscientious about things like that.  Anyway, now I've got it right!

Ellen

ari moshe

Quote2. Ruler of SNo CONJUNCT Ruler of NNo ?

In this scenario it depends on the nature of the conjunction. If it is balsamic, the ruler of the S.Node balsamic to the ruler of the N.Node, the Soul will feel that it is being blocked or prevented from actualizing new directions for itself: it's evolutionary needs to evolve that will be symbolized by the House and Sign of the N.Node planetary ruler. And that feeling will exist because the Soul has yet to fully culminate or resolve conditions of it's most recent prior lives that are defined by the House and Sign of the planetary ruler. And, that is, indeed, the evolutionary intention of the Soul: to culminate that which must be culminated by way of reliving those prior life conditions in the context of the current life so that it's evolution can proceed. It's creates the typical feeling within the Soul that says ' I have done this before and I feel stuck by it. I want out, I want to do this in a new way'. And yet there are evolutionary and karmic reasons why this condition exist which typically involve necessary understandings and realizations that can only occur because of the need to relive those conditions and the dynamics that have caused those conditions.

If the conjunction is a New Phase one then it means that the Soul has just fulfilled those evolutionary requirements to complete those conditions defined by dynamics from the Soul's past, and is now in a life in which it, the Soul, will bring forwards elements of it's past, the House and Sign of the S.Node and the location of it's planetary ruler, which will be actualized or manifested in brand new or expanded ways. To the Soul this will feel new while at the same time feeling old: ' I have done this before, but in other ways'.
The new ways will be symbolized by not only by the House/Sign of the conjunction of the ruler of both Nodes, and the aspects to it by other planets, by also via the House/Sign of the N.Node itself, and planetary aspects to it.

Rad/quote]

Thank you for these explanations Rad- I want to clarify for myself that when you refer to a balsamic conjunction of nodal rulers that is determined by the relationship that the faster moving planet makes to the slower moving planet, right?

ie: SN in capricorn, NN in cancer
saturn at 20 of some sign, moon at 25 of that same sign- this would be a new phase conjunction even though saturn, as ruler of sn comes before the moon. Is this correct?

Upasika

Quote from: Ellen on Feb 05, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks, Rad.  That helps a lot.

Upasika,

Just noticing I've been spelling your name wrong.  Very sorry about that.  I'm usually quite conscientious about things like that.  Anyway, now I've got it right!

Ellen

... no worries Ellen, I wasn't so concerned .... but thanks anyway!

Rad

Hi Ari,

Yes, that is correct ...............

Rad

ari moshe

Thank you.

Is there still a tendency to experience that new phase conjunction as a gateway to the south node? Is effort to activate the nn still required, just not the necessity to relive past dynamics? Perhaps there is just an awareness of what needs to happen because the soul has already been working towards the nn in pl?

I ask this because, in my observation- even new phase conjunctions seem to be very difficult. Early in life I see souls that have made choices to develop the nn- though it seems to take immense effort.

Rad

HI Ari,

Quote from: ari moshe on Feb 06, 2010, 01:21 PM
Thank you.

Is there still a tendency to experience that new phase conjunction as a gateway to the south node?

No at as a 'gateway' as such. Much more about the natural gravity point being the S.Node upon which the ruler of the N.Node, by way of it's new phase conjunction to the ruler of that S.Node, is trying to pull away from. This like a rocket ship being prepared to blast off into space, and the rocket ship is still tethered to the mast that holds it, then the straps of that tether comes loose and the rocket begins to go into space.

Is effort to activate the nn still required, just not the necessity to relive past dynamics? Perhaps there is just an awareness of what needs to happen because the soul has already been working towards the nn in pl?

There is no actual need to 'relive' the past life dynamics when this conjunction between the S.Node ruler and the N.Node ruler if new phase. That would be true if the conjunction was balsamic and the evolutionary need to CULMINATE the past. The recent past is used, like the rocket ship analogy, to be launched AWAY from. As just like the rocket ship that takes incredible power, effort, to move away from the launch pad where the launch pad symbolizes the recent past, it does take conscious effort to move towards brand new directions that the Soul needs in order to continue to evolve. The past is like a gravity point that wants to assert itself because there is familiarity in it. And that familiarity correlates to existing security within the Soul because it's a known quantity. So as the rocket ship moves off the launch pad the past that is therein symbolized will initially shape and guide the new developments, dynamics, and directions that the Soul is taking. The further away the rocket gets from the launch pad the less that the launch pad, the familiar past, will have any hold on the Soul at all.

I ask this because, in my observation- even new phase conjunctions seem to be very difficult. Early in life I see souls that have made choices to develop the nn- though it seems to take immense effort.

Yes, for the above reasons ...............

Rad