School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto in 4th

Started by hk980p, Dec 31, 2019, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk980p

Upasika

Hi hk

That is very good to hear. While you are not the first to have this experience of the Pluto book saving your life, it is always a truly miraculous experience for everyone who has it.

Regarding your Pluto in the 4th list ... that's a lot to digest, but sounds like you have a very good mental grasp of the issues it involves now.

Each one of those issues is a world in itself really, watching how your behavior and functioning reflects each underlying feeling or emotion in turn. Either consciously and therefore congruently with the circumstances you are interacting with, or unconsciously and therefore in a distorted way that can be disturbing and disruptive to your inner and outer environment.

While these underlying issues may often be intertwined and combined, it can be helpful to try and focus on one at a time, identifying it as you become aware of it, so I'd suggest that. Sometimes you may need to single out just one to work with for a period, say a week, and let the others cause whatever havoc they might do, saving your focus, attention and effort for just the one you have identified with.

Then the next week move onto focusing on and working with another of those issues in your list.

This way, you can slowly get clearer about your feelings and emotions in gradual bite-like steps (Virgo like), rather than just always being flooded by an ocean of emotions, overwhelmed by the whole sea. Working with one wave at a time brings a bit of structure into a very unstructured internal phenomena.

This specific emotional "work" will be ongoing till at least your Saturn return around 28-29 years of age. Or depending on your chart, longer.

"Working" on something as nebulous as a feeling or emotion (which are not exactly the same) initially takes the form of just trying to become more conscious of it. And the best way initially to do that is to take yourself off to a quiet place on your own, and sit with, or walk with, whatever feeling or emotion is currently activated. Sitting is best as there are no distractions. But if its something like anger walking may be more practical as anger is sometimes too big an energy to allow for reflective sitting.

But just feeling the feeling is the "work". Just feeling it without interfering with it, or trying to stop it from being inside you, or changing its form in any way. It is you at this point in time, so there no need to do anything other than being with it, in fact just being it, being that feeling. With only one other thing added, but its crucial, and until you manage this you will be in the prison. Stay awake, stay alert, no matter how painful or frustrating the feelings are. Be there, not somewhere else avoiding what is happening inside you.

If it's an energized kind of emotion (eg anger, rage) then walking or running in nature is a good way to release the energy, or shouting/screaming on a deserted beach for example. Or beating up a pillow in your room. But the same principle applies in these cases too - do not get lost in the expression of the emotion, stay witnessing that this is what you are doing. At all costs do not fall into a reactive frenzy - that would just be reinforcing the deep emotional patterning in the neurons in the brain of you do that. If you are doing this kind of expressive self therapy (which can be incredibly helpful in some situations with Pluto in the 4th), it only works if you are first and foremost becoming more aware, more conscious of just exactly what it is that you are feeling. If being active is a distraction from that then I'd suggest just sticking with quiet sitting watching the moods etc when they arise.

These are just my suggestions, these are techniques that have worked not only in my own experience, but for many clients also.

As well as working with these Pluto in the 4th items, you can increase your comprehension of your situation by learning up about your moon's South Node: first the house and sign it's in. Whatever house your SN is in, read that chapter for Pluto in that house. Then do it for the sign its in. And finally combine the two Pluto book definitions into one synthesized description of your SN.

You will recognize everything in that synthesized description in a similar way to how you experience your Pluto in the 4th - not the content itself unless the SN is in the same house/sign, but the general level of manifestation within your experience. It won't be quite the same, not so intense and more conscious in a general way, but often stunningly habitual - so maybe subconscious is more accurate.  

The functioning at the SN is automatic, and if you observe closely you'll see how in a general way it either starts, supports, conflicts with, confuses, interacts or otherwise closely ties in with whatever emotion or feeling you are experiencing at any point in time.

I have Pluto in the 4th, so welcome to the club.

blessings Upasika

Upasika

Also just wanted to add HK, that I totally admire what you have done so far with all of this!

At the ripe age of 21, to have achieved what you already have with such a difficult Pluto position is exceptional. That you have managed to stay psychologically healthy enough throughout everything to date to diligently search out for answers which eventually led you to the Pluto book, plus then doing what sounds like a lot of work already to get your head above the water, so to speak, indicates this and bodes very well for the future.

Plus to then be able to analyse your situation the way you have, so that you can post what you did, shows you are anything but a child, rather a mature young adult already. Despite all that you feel internally about yourself, or what others may project onto you, that to me would appear to be the objective situation.

High5

blessings Upasika  

hk980p

Hey thanks a lot for the replying! I really appreciate your advice! I looked up on the nodes they are square to my pluto. The SN is conjunct my mars(pisces 8th house). I read somewhere it indicates a desire to relive the past. I was also reading up on uranus and how it indicates past life trauma. I have heavy uranus in my chart(sun,mercury,uranus conjunction in aquarius 7th house). So that must have contributed to my problems too. Evolutionary astrology is truly a treasure I found. All the self knowledge it has provided me with.. I have never felt so liberated in my life.

Upasika

That's great HK.

Make sure the square from Pluto to the Nodal axis is a 10 degree orb or less. If the square is anywhere from a 0 to 10 degree orb from being an exact square (0 degree orb), then search on this message board for "skipped steps"...

Julia8

It's fantastic to see very young people, people around my age (I'm 22) also interested in EA. :) Those of pluto sag generation. ;) Welcome! When I got in touch with EA I felt a sense of being comprehended, I would say, just like the feeling that you seemed to describe in this thread.

In my experience the biggest treasure that EA has offered me so far has been to understand the ones in my life that I didn't have much affinity, helping me to understand better that each one has its own, uniquely personal journey. I have always felt a little lonely overall, completely different even from my family members, and only with the little understanding that I have till now I have been already developing a healthier relationship with my father, for example, who I always had a very bad relationship since my early childhood. We all know in theory that everyone is different, but in practice we can't always properly apply it. We oftentimes see flaws in the others, see the others as "people that are completely lost, desperately in need of guidance" and EA can be also a tool to bring the realization that oftentimes the attitudes, the way of think of the others, are wrong just to our eyes. Oftentimes couldn't more in perfect resonance to the purpose that the soul should be living, in the evolutionary moment they are in. It has also helped me to discover the imbalances that I have in me and that are making me see the other as "an unpleasant person", helping to break that idea of separation between ourselves and others, mine and yours. So if you are being interested, keep studying and will be worth it! ^^ Can bring a great learning about ourselves, about everything... and everyone. Btw, I'm also reading the post of Upasika carefully, came on handy to me. Even though my natal pluto is not in the 4th house, it has been currently transiting through this house.
"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kismine

Happy New year to everyone!

I am so resonating with the post of Upasika (I have SN in Virgo 4th house,and with Moon opposite Pluto),I myself encountered JWG's Pluto books at the age of 28,just automatically think of his words day and night,and naturally do my emotion work actually in the way of what Upasika has been post.maybe I can share my own experiences,emotion work need much of space and time to be alone,then the emotion waves naturally occurred in our consciousness,no matter how painful,just keep going,yes,this is a process work,be compassionate and patience to ourselves. emotion have its own life and rhythm. I have managed that for 4 years.over the time,the inner security and well beings will really at hands.JWG's book is so powerful,I just think of his words repeatly,the inner voice  occurred,later,I realized this is the essence of prayer and concentration--a meditation method.

Goddess bless
Kismine

Upasika

Hi Julia,

Well I wish I'd come across EA at your age, would possibly have saved a lot of wandering in the dark. But whenever it happens is obviously a blessing.

And I certainly relate to what you say you have benefited the most from - it is a fabulous way to understand where other people are coming from, and their long past leading to why they are coming from the place they are - even, and particularly, those who we may not find much affinity with. That is very valuable when there is a need to be involved with such an individual, and/or need to make a decision about what to do.

I'd say all these insights you are having regarding your father are worth their weight in gold, and align well with the purpose and intent that Pluto transiting through the 4th manifests as. It is difficult to truly progress spiritually if one has not come to an understanding of one's choices in this regard - such as "why have I (as a Soul of course) chosen to birth into this situation with these other souls (my parents and siblings)?" It is this understanding, developed to a very deep level, that can free us as a soul from co-dependence existing at any level of our lives. Cancer - the ultimate co-dependent tendency - can form a blanket over one's eyes!

Like HK, it's also great you are diving into the world of feelings and emotions, through the eyes of Sag (your generational vibration). And that you are making such excellent use of EA - this is the kind of thing it is really for - penetrating the apparent reality to reveal the true reality, the deeper, wider picture. And for someone the age you are, this shows you are developing great skills and really maturing as an individual both at the same time.

It's the hardest thing in the world to see life through someone else's eyes. It is possible (Cancer/Libra/Scorpio style) to attach to another for various reasons, and in various ways, and adopt their views etc as one's own - but that usually results in losing sight of oneself and one's own views and needs in the process. Seeing another's reality while still being anchored in one's own requires a great deal of skill, which you seem to possess - that's quite amazing for someone your age.

blessings Upasika

Upasika

Hi Kismine,

As you say, that is also a strong Pluto/4th type of configuration - SN in Virgo 4th house,and with Moon opposite Pluto.

Emotion work need much of space and time to be alone,then the emotion waves naturally occurred in our consciousness,no matter how painful,just keep going,yes,this is a process work,be compassionate and patience to ourselves. emotion have its own life and rhythm. I have managed that for 4 years ...

You have really understood the process required to evolve in the Cancer/4th house realm, the sea of feeling and emotion. It is a difficult and arduous process, as by their very nature feelings and emotions being very changeable, sometimes slippery, often intense and irrational ... and you have obviously spent the time in past lives working with this - SN rather than Pluto in the 4th, so the old ego, not this life's - and with Pluto opposite Moon having in this life an expanded (opposition) capacity to be objective about your feelings/emotions.

So as you say over the time,the inner security and well beings will really at hands  yes, if you stay with the process, over time, and it does take a lot of time with these emotions of ours, over time the clearing out of these from the unconscious gradually occurs, and the shift happens where they no longer seem to manifest in a way that is beyond our control.

I realized this is the essence of prayer and concentration--a meditation method

That is hitting the jackpot! This is the hidden blessing that awaits when one perseveres with the 4th house process - it eventually becomes a channel to dive deeply into one's consciousness itself, and a uniquely joyful channel too. There is nothing else quite like it...

many blessings
Upasika

Wei

Hi Upasika, Kismine asked me to post this for her:

Hi,Upasika,

I am so happy to read your post.thanks for your great insight,especially for those:"and you have obviously spent the time in past lives working with this - SN rather than Pluto in the 4th, so the old ego, not this life's - and with Pluto opposite Moon having in this life an expanded (opposition) capacity to be objective about your feelings/emotions."

Yes,all the dependence and bottom line in my life is objective.my moon also locates on 11th house.

"That is hitting the jackpot! This is the hidden blessing that awaits when one perseveres with the 4th house process - it eventually becomes a channel to dive deeply into one's consciousness itself, and a uniquely joyful channel too. There is nothing else quite like it... "

Yes,a jackpot.what a bless.With the transiting NN in Cancer now, many people are in a state of emotional vulnerability in the MB,and its good to be like that.only in this way,as your words,"it eventually becomes a channel to dive deeply into one's consciousness itself, and a uniquely joyful channel too."--realized that we are God's little children,be secured in God's infinite love.

With love
Kismine

Upasika

hk980p

Sorry for bumping this thread,  I wanted to ask a doubt to Upasika. Does moon in 1st house in the natal chart signify that the person has learned the lesson of inner security? 1st house is the self so doesn't moon in 1st house show that the individual is emotionally dependent only on the self and not on external factors?

Upasika

Hi Hk

First, as I'm sure you are aware, in EA everything in the chart is in relation to everything else. So Einstein's law of relativity applies - literally. Isolating something like that is like pulling a petal off a flower and asking "what does this petal mean?". Away from the context of the flower it means one thing, but that will not be what it means when it is part of the flower in the position it is among all the other petals.

Secondly the 1st house is not the "self" as such - it is one aspect of the self along with many other factors in a chart. How you are expressing it harks back to traditional astrological delineations that quite frankly are very blinkered in their understanding of the deeper meaning of a chart.

The first house is one's instinctive nature, one's capacity to be independent - to be focused on oneself, on immediate expression, and on spontaneous explorative functioning concerning the energies involved.

What can be said generically with Moon in the first is that there should be some capacity to experience one's feelings and emotions in an independent way, and to initiate emotional responses. And generically that's about it. You cannot draw any other conclusion without taking the whole of the rest of the chart into consideration along with the actual person concerned.

For example just the sign the Moon is in will affect things - if it's in Cancer then it will mean one thing, if it's in Aquarius it will mean another ... both in relation to the karmic axis and the rest of the chart, etc.

It could be a new attempt by the soul to break away from co-dependent situations, something it is trying out of desperation in the current life because it's emotional dependencies have become so entrenched. If that was the case the soul would not be emotionally secure within itself yet at all.

But other conditions existing in the person/chart combined with the Moon in the first could reflect that inner emotional security, and emotional independence & self sufficiency had been attained.  

blessings Upasika

hk980p

Very informative and helpful just like the previous replies. Thank you !