School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Sun Conjunct Pluto

Started by Wendy, Mar 14, 2011, 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy

Hello All,

I searched the forum for information about Sun conjunct Pluto and did find some information about Sun square Pluto, but not specifically about Sun conjunct Pluto.  I understanding from the basics I have learned here on the forum that the Sun does not necessarily hold any past life significance, meaning the Sun represents the current life.  Is that correct?  

If so, what then does the Sun conjunct Pluto represent?  Pluto clearly puts emphasis on the Sun, giving it a Scorpio type of energy, and clearly some specific meaning for the soul, including its desire and resistance.  

I would like to post the chart if that is okay.  

Thanks,
Wendy

Steve

Hi Wendy

The issue about Sun relating to the present life has come up in relation to skipped steps, planets squaring the nodes.  That is not what you are asking about. Sun conjunct Pluto is quite significant in a natal chart.

Please first read pages 269 - 271 in Jeffrey's Pluto Vol 1 book, "Pluto in Aspect to the Sun".  You can also read in the same book the main section on Pluto in the 5th/Leo, to review the core Pluto - Sun archetypes. Then if you have further questions you can ask them here. 
thanks
Steve

Wendy

Thanks Steve.  Will do.

Akim

Hi Steve and Wendy,
I just wanted to double check: with a natal Sun-Pluto conjunction, do we always read it using the Sun as the bottom line? - to determine whether it is a 'new' or 'old' conjunction.
Are there exceptions to that rule, or is it always the case that I count the degrees counter-clockwise, from the Sun to Pluto?

Best, Akim