School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

New EA Beginners Practice Thread 2020

Started by ari moshe, Mar 31, 2020, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chengting

ari moshe

Hi Nicole,

Quote. Explain the inherent relationship between soul and ego.

The soul is an eternal individuated consciousness that is part of Source consciousness. The ego is a satellite of the soul and the reflection of unconscious constructs- mechanisms and patterns- that create a sense of self in a given lifetime.

2. What are the two antithetical desires of the soul?

To return to Source and to separate from Source

3. Why is cooperation or resistance with evolutionary necessity the only two choices a soul can make?

I believe it is because the core desires are to either return to source or to separate from source and these two choices to resist or cooperate are connected to those two desires in different ways in different circumstances.

4. What is involution and why does it always proceed evolution?

Involution is the removal, ending or destruction of what already exists, and this proceeds evolution to create the grounds and opportunities for growth.

5. Pluto can reflect evolutionary processes that we don't understand at the time. In retrospect, after the dust has settled, we are often able to glean insight and perspective of evolutionary necessity. Can you think of a time in your life where there were powerful Pluto type cataclysmic experiences that you only later were able to understand?

Around 4 years ago I had Pluto Conjunct my natal Vesta, squaring my natal Mars & trine my natal Chiron. I had a regrettable trauma bond/ ex lover I hadn't talked to in years move into the house next to the one I own, we reconnected emotionally and it sent me into a deep discernment journey of nearly leaving my marriage, family and long-time role of motherhood. The situation sent me back to myself to question what it is I really want. I eventually learned how to set boundaries and cut ties with what does not serve me, and it was very confusing and painful and felt really karmic in nature. In the end it renewed the marriage I am committed to to be much more conscious and much less dependent. A lot had to come up and be released in the process. Now I see the gift it was and there has been resolution, peace and boundaries are now on all sides.
I have natal Pluto Libra 1st house, PPP Aries 7th house.

6. What is the relationship between Pluto and the south node of the Moon?

Pluto being the desire of the soul and the South Node of the Moon being the conditioning of the soul, where it is coming from, past roles & experiences. It is the souls' past.

7. What is the relationship between the Pluto polarity point and the north node of the Moon?

Pluto polarity point is the dynamic experienced in past lives, what wants to be integrated or learned, and the North Node is the way in which the soul is doing this consciously.

To clarify: the polarity point IS the evolutionary purpose of the current life.. And the north node is in the vehicle for that, which you stated correctly.

Quote8. Why is it necessary to connect first with the inner soul really; where they are at in their own evolutionary journey before interpreting the chart?

In order to be of service to the soul it is important to understand what would benefit the soul on its' journey and speak in ways that relate to their level of reality and to speak to what is important to the individual.

Everything you wrote is accurate and expersses a clear understanding of these core principals. Thank you for your work and for sharing your own example Nicole!

HelichrysumWizardess

Hi Ari Moshe and everyone else!

I'm so thankful you're offering this opportunity to improve and put into practice the wisdom principles of EA. I'm blown away already by the depth and detail of support you're offering here.

QuoteBeing as there are many new people, some of whom will need to review the material and gain access to the Pluto book, it's natural that we give this first step a lot of time. As to my knowledge, there are a good handful of people still intending to post, so I'd like to keep us on this first step until Friday of this week. If you need more time than that just let me know so I can keep track of you.

I am one such person. I ordered my Pluto book (thank you for the kick in the butt to finally get my own copy :) ), and it is due to arrive Sunday, April 12. I have already read it, 2 years ago - I'm up to speed on all the information you thoughtfully posted to this thread and plan to watch your video with Kristin tonight.

Would you recommend I wait until I'm able to refresh on the chapter in Pluto? I'm eager to try my hand at your questions and not delay while I have fresh excitement, but I have never tried my hand at a reading beyond trying to understand my own chart.

-Rebecca

ari moshe

Hi Rebecca,
Totally your choice - if you feel you are already familiar, and you are listening to the audio, see if you feel equipped to answer the questions - and you can always go back and add/refine after you read the chapter. Otherwise if you want to read the chapter first and post after the 12th that's totally fine.

Gauri

Pluto questions
1. What is the evolutionary theme of soul growth this soul has been playing out in all lives relevant to this one? Consider that the evolutionary journey of the soul implies cycles upon cycles of change. Manifesting a phase of life experience, setting up shop there, learning and growing from it and eventually needing to dismantle it and move on to the next.

The evolutionary theme can be the full gamut of tasting power in accumulation of external and/or material results, identifying with these results and the power itself while creating a self-identity of uniqueness (superiority/separateness/entitledness etc) that has deep storytelling threads of the vicissitudes of the these external material results. In other words also a self-image of a conqueror or a martyr. The soul theme, consequently then, might filter down to identifying meaning in the external world, or a void and disillusion with that result instead (even in the face of security achieved). This might create a persona (for future soul growth) with deeper complexities than just coming from the soul's  realm of finite experience. All in all, the soul theme of all the previous lives put  together  relevant to the present one would involve the externalization of self, together with the 'involute' of a question regarding the self itself - or the reality of this external ultimately!

2. What is the evolutionary intention of the current life as signified by the Pluto polarity point in the 4th house?

The evolutionary intention of the current life is to internalise security progressively within the "interior" domain of the four walls that inhabit the self including the physical and the psycho-social up to psycho-spiritual. In so doing go through the range of experiences that challenge the notion of security by offering phasal suggestions of rooting and ground, relative failure of each thus exposing insecurity as a key player in the evolutonary intention being played out. In repeated and thorough challenging, the idea of security itself can be internalised as connected to the self, inner life and providing access points through the primary personal sphere - the home - the place where the ego structure first casts it's influence. In a gradual progression whether involving cataclysmic or non-cataclysmic evolution, lessons learnt before can be brought into the emotional energy-sphere where crystallised realisations can begin to be assimilated into core personality yielding a more spiritually coherent and soul-connected light, vision, direction and giving (pouring out) into the world - the Pluto polarity point in the 4th has the potential to initiate a Lunar Flow in the Soul which can soothe things, help with integration in the current life and all future progressions put together - such may be the relevance of the Emergence of this Lunar Dimension and flow.

Pisces_Lady

Pluto questions
1. What is the evolutionary theme of soul growth this soul has been playing out in all lives relevant to this one? Consider that the evolutionary journey of the soul implies cycles upon cycles of change. Manifesting a phase of life experience, setting up shop there, learning and growing from it and eventually needing to dismantle it and move on to the next.

A majority of people with Pluto in the 10th have desired positions of social status or power in prior lives.  Status and power is the primary focus of validating their individuality, meaning and security.  This desire for power and security in their social world can lead to over identification with their career therefore creating an imbalance between work and home life.  Additionally, they may have attained social power by manipulating other people as a means to an end.  Hence one of the lessons to learn from prior-life abuses of power is accountability.  Over lifetimes with self-reflection often accompanied by bouts of depression, they grow to accept responsibility for their lives and conduct and evolve their ethical standards of behavior in their social and sometimes troubled home lives. 

During many lives of experiencing Pluto in the 10th house, the incarnated soul will experience lives of powerlessness over their social position/status  to living lives in which they achieve a great deal of power.  Powerlessness can be the result of the individual not learning how the social system works or there may be a need to learn self-discipline and/or the necessity of applying sustained effort in achieving social goals.  In some lifetimes the individual may lack enough inner awareness to determine his social ambitions.  Other influences on powerlessness in a lifetime include a type of atonement for past life abuses of power or other karmic necessities which force the individual within to self-reflection and examination.  Over cycles of Pluto in the 10th the individual needs to learn the importance of self-determination, ethical behavior, self-discipline and sustained effort in order to meet social goals and attain status.

Pluto in the 10th can indicate a gender switch for some souls.

2. What is the evolutionary intention of the current life as signified by the Pluto polarity point in the 4th house?

The individual will not be able to successfully actualize the social position they are karmically destined to perform without the inner reflection needed to realize that social power or position cannot create or sustain inner emotional security and that social position and power cannot define them as individuals.   They will need to learn thru many lifetimes that true inner security, personal value and identity can only be found internally thru self-reflection and examination.  Inner emotional security is not dependent upon social power or family dynamics.   Society's laws, rules and established traditions cannot serve as a substitute for self-determined rules and values.  As 10th house lessons are learned they can learn to balance home and work life, release critical and judgmental attitudes of self and others and achieve emotional maturity and personal fulfillment. 

Once the individual has learned the lessons of self-determination, self-discipline and ethical standards of behavior, they can actualize the social role they came to fulfill and become a role model and or inspiration to others.

sunflower

Quote from: ari moshe on Apr 03, 2020, 12:23 PM

Hi Ari and thank you for this great opportunity for learning and practicing Evolutionary Astrology.
I am learning also how to use the quote tool. I am not native using English language but i hope i make myself understood.

Quote1. What is the evolutionary theme of soul growth this soul has been playing out in all lives relevant to this one? Consider that the evolutionary journey of the soul implies cycles upon cycles of change. Manifesting a phase of life experience, setting up shop there, learning and growing from it and eventually needing to dismantle it and move on to the next.

1.   Pluto in the 10th house or Capricorn, indicates a new evolutionary cycle of development, specific to all cardinal houses. The soul has been learning how to establish their own authority, individuality within society or through their social position. They have been learning lessons of discipline, and self determination. They have been fueled by ambition and the desire for higher position or social status and some of them through manipulation.
Individuals with this position need to learn about social structures, rules, lessons of power and control, how to become responsible for their own action and in society. Issues of guilt and judgement may occur if the evolutionary lessons were not understood.
In many cases individuals born with Pluto in the 10th house, have just switched genders, having the first experience of the opposite sex, which creates an imbalance in all senses, physical, mental emotional.

Quote2. What is the evolutionary intention of the current life as signified by the Pluto polarity point in the 4th house?

2.   The evolutionary intention of current life signified by the polarity point in the 4th house, confirms the endings new beginning characteristics for cardinal houses. The soul learn to develop Cancer/4th house archetypes. They need to adjust back in their emotional bodies, to find emotional security within and within their families. Individuals learn to create a self image that is not dependent on outer achievements, on career or social function and learn to accept the responsibilities for their own lives.

Sunflower

Susana

Good morning!

1. Explain the inherent relationship between soul and ego.
1 - The soul is the primordial energy that has been removed from the source and is our true form. The ego derives from the soul, being a form of energy created by it, in this life to be able to express the soul's desires, according to its evolutionary and karmic necessities, so that the soul can evolve.

2. What are the two antithetical desires of the soul?
2 - The two antithetical desires are the desire to separate from the source and the desire to return to the source. It is through the expression of these desires that the soul will continue its evolution until it can finally return to the source.

3. Why is cooperation or resistance with an evolutionary necessity the only two choices a soul can make?
3 - The two mechanisms that the soul has, through the ego, to express evolutionary desires or necessities are cooperation or resistance. Through cooperation, we will have a smoother evolutionary path. If there is resistance, cataclysmic events can occur, which makes evolution more complicated. It is the law of polarity, cooperation and resistance being the two ends of an axis.

4. What is involution and why does it always preceed evolution?
4 - Involution is an absence of evolution, a stagnation in the evolutionary path. It is necessary for the ego to feel the need to learn new concepts, new desires, that is, the need to continue to evolve.

5. Pluto can reflect evolutionary processes that we don't understand at the time. In retrospect, after the dust has settled, we are often able to glean insight and perspective of evolutionary necessity. Can you think of a time in your life where there were powerful Pluto type cataclysmic experiences that you only later were able to understand?
5 - I have never been able to maintain an intimate relationship throughout my life and I have always wondered how this type of relationship could work if they mainly did not exist in the last 20 years (Sol, Mars, and Mercury in the 7th). Even by traditional astrology, I could not understand what was happening with my circumstances (Pluto in the 8th, and I have to understand). However, today I understand that I have to work on my self-esteem and self-concept first (PPP 2ª). I think this is also reinforced by the position of the South Nodes in the 7th and North in the 1st. The evolutionary astrology brings light to this whole situation.

6 - Pluto represents the soul's desires and the south node represents how those desires, that determine an evolutionary necessity, were expressed in the past and still are expressed in this life. It translates the energy where we have been, which is comfortable for us, although they represent stagnation if we remain there.

7. What is the relationship between the Pluto polarity point and the north node of the Moon?
7 - Pluto's polarity point represents the energy that we must integrate and work with as an evolutionary necessity but which at the same time is the antithesis of what we already know. The North node represents how we can express and integrate this energy in this life.

8. Why is it necessary to connect first with the inner soul really; where they are at in their evolutionary journey before interpreting the chart?
8 - We have to understand what is important for that soul, what information that can make a difference at the moment of its evolutionary journey. If the information is not relevant or does not fit, it does not resonate and is discarded or, at times, it can even be harmful by adding obstacles such as fears. The information must enable people to overcome obstacles and give them the power to do so.

I hope I have answered your first questions and sorry if there are mistakes in my writing. Thank you!

ari moshe

Hi Gauri,

Quote1. What is the evolutionary theme of soul growth this soul has been playing out in all lives relevant to this one? Consider that the evolutionary journey of the soul implies cycles upon cycles of change. Manifesting a phase of life experience, setting up shop there, learning and growing from it and eventually needing to dismantle it and move on to the next.

The evolutionary theme can be the full gamut of tasting power in accumulation of external and/or material results, identifying with these results and the power itself while creating a self-identity of uniqueness (superiority/separateness/entitledness etc) that has deep storytelling threads of the vicissitudes of the these external material results. In other words also a self-image of a conqueror or a martyr.

The superiority archetype isn't inante to the 10th house. The psychology of superiority realtes to "better than" which, in my understanding, can be more accurately attributed to Aquarius (elitism) or Virgo (which relates to both thte psychology of superiority and inferiority) and I'm sure others as well.

The self image of a conqueror or a martyt would be true if Mars/Aries was involved (conqueror) or Pisces/Neptune (martyr). There is an association in the 10th house with doing hard work endurnig great difficulties/challenges in life including judgments, karmic consequences, learning tough lessons about responsibility, enduring hardships. But this is not the same as martyrdom.

QuoteThe soul theme, consequently then, might filter down to identifying meaning in the external world, or a void and disillusion with that result instead (even in the face of security achieved). This might create a persona (for future soul growth) with deeper complexities than just coming from the soul's  realm of finite experience. All in all, the soul theme of all the previous lives put  together  relevant to the present one would involve the externalization of self, together with the 'involute' of a question regarding the self itself - or the reality of this external ultimately!

Well articulated, I don't however get a strong feel for the nature of the evolutionary cycles implies by Pluto in the 10th in what you wrote. Disillusionment is not relevant to this archetype nor is identifying meaning in the external world (much of what you spoke actually feels more like Neptune in the 10th).

Quote2. What is the evolutionary intention of the current life as signified by the Pluto polarity point in the 4th house?

The evolutionary intention of the current life is to internalise security progressively within the "interior" domain of the four walls that inhabit the self including the physical and the psycho-social up to psycho-spiritual. In so doing go through the range of experiences that challenge the notion of security by offering phasal suggestions of rooting and ground, relative failure of each thus exposing insecurity as a key player in the evolutonary intention being played out. In repeated and thorough challenging, the idea of security itself can be internalised as connected to the self, inner life and providing access points through the primary personal sphere - the home - the place where the ego structure first casts it's influence. In a gradual progression whether involving cataclysmic or non-cataclysmic evolution, lessons learnt before can be brought into the emotional energy-sphere where crystallised realisations can begin to be assimilated into core personality yielding a more spiritually coherent and soul-connected light, vision, direction and giving (pouring out) into the world - the Pluto polarity point in the 4th has the potential to initiate a Lunar Flow in the Soul which can soothe things, help with integration in the current life and all future progressions put together - such may be the relevance of the Emergence of this Lunar Dimension

Beautiful, well said. The core point here being the soul forming a relationship to itself from within itself, not relative to the external world.

Thank you for your work Gauri! I suggest you review some of the other posts, related to the first question in particular, just to get a more solid feel for the nature of Pluto in the 10th house. I see that you do understand the core of this material, just a need for some clarifications.

ari moshe

Hi Pisces Lady,

A majority of people with Pluto in the 10th have desired positions of social status or power in prior lives.  Status and power is the primary focus of validating their individuality, meaning and security.  This desire for power and security in their social world can lead to over identification with their career therefore creating an imbalance between work and home life.  Additionally, they may have attained social power by manipulating other people as a means to an end.  Hence one of the lessons to learn from prior-life abuses of power is accountability.  Over lifetimes with self-reflection often accompanied by bouts of depression, they grow to accept responsibility for their lives and conduct and evolve their ethical standards of behavior in their social and sometimes troubled home lives.

During many lives of experiencing Pluto in the 10th house, the incarnated soul will experience lives of powerlessness over their social position/status  to living lives in which they achieve a great deal of power.  Powerlessness can be the result of the individual not learning how the social system works or there may be a need to learn self-discipline and/or the necessity of applying sustained effort in achieving social goals.  In some lifetimes the individual may lack enough inner awareness to determine his social ambitions.  Other influences on powerlessness in a lifetime include a type of atonement for past life abuses of power or other karmic necessities which force the individual within to self-reflection and examination.  Over cycles of Pluto in the 10th the individual needs to learn the importance of self-determination, ethical behavior, self-discipline and sustained effort in order to meet social goals and attain status.

Pluto in the 10th can indicate a gender switch for some souls.

Excellent work, all really clear and well said.

The individual will not be able to successfully actualize the social position they are karmically destined to perform without the inner reflection needed to realize that social power or position cannot create or sustain inner emotional security and that social position and power cannot define them as individuals.   They will need to learn thru many lifetimes that true inner security, personal value and identity can only be found internally thru self-reflection and examination.  Inner emotional security is not dependent upon social power or family dynamics.   Society's laws, rules and established traditions cannot serve as a substitute for self-determined rules and values.  As 10th house lessons are learned they can learn to balance home and work life, release critical and judgmental attitudes of self and others and achieve emotional maturity and personal fulfillment.

Once the individual has learned the lessons of self-determination, self-discipline and ethical standards of behavior, they can actualize the social role they came to fulfill and become a role model and or inspiration to others.

Excellent. One point I'd add is the peice on emotions: connecting with the inner emotional realm in order to access all that has been repressed. This can be deeply scary to a soul that has clung so stronlg to a construct of why they are or need to be. Jeffrey Wolf Green ofted described this as the need to "access chaos". This of course requires safety and trust... all 4th house type needs.
Thank you for your work Pisces-Lady!

ari moshe

Hi Sunflower,

QuoteHi Ari and thank you for this great opportunity for learning and practicing Evolutionary Astrology.
I am learning also how to use the quote tool. I am not native using English language but i hope i make myself understood.

1.   Pluto in the 10th house or Capricorn, indicates a new evolutionary cycle of development, specific to all cardinal houses. The soul has been learning how to establish their own authority, individuality within society or through their social position. They have been learning lessons of discipline, and self determination. They have been fueled by ambition and the desire for higher position or social status and some of them through manipulation.
Individuals with this position need to learn about social structures, rules, lessons of power and control, how to become responsible for their own action and in society. Issues of guilt and judgement may occur if the evolutionary lessons were not understood.
In many cases individuals born with Pluto in the 10th house, have just switched genders, having the first experience of the opposite sex, which creates an imbalance in all senses, physical, mental emotional.

Excellent work. I'd add that Pluto int he 10th house can also relate to lessons of power vs powerlessness in a social sense. Sometimes there's a need to use ambition to get ahead, other times there's the need to exhaust the desires to hold on to a particular status in life. Also, a gender switch soul isn't necessarily imbalanced in all senses, physical, mental emotional. All cases are differnet - and if it's a soul's first life in a while in a particular gender, that can mean many things depending on the karmic conditions of the soul. The reason why it's relevant to the 10th house is that the 10th corresponds to social constructs as well as the parameters and limitations of time and space. So the gender we are born inro along with it's social roles/judgments/expectations, the family structure and society we are born into etc. All of this is 10th house.

2.   The evolutionary intention of current life signified by the polarity point in the 4th house, confirms the endings new beginning characteristics for cardinal houses. The soul learn to develop Cancer/4th house archetypes. They need to adjust back in their emotional bodies, to find emotional security within and within their families. Individuals learn to create a self image that is not dependent on outer achievements, on career or social function and learn to accept the responsibilities for their own lives.

Excellent. Thank you for your work Sunflower!

ari moshe

Hi Susana,

Quote1. Explain the inherent relationship between soul and ego.
1 - The soul is the primordial energy that has been removed from the source and is our true form. The ego derives from the soul, being a form of energy created by it, in this life to be able to express the soul's desires, according to its evolutionary and karmic necessities, so that the soul can evolve.

Nothing has been removed from source. It's our own desires that propell us to go seeking for security in what is ephemeral. God is always one with creation.

Quote2. What are the two antithetical desires of the soul?
2 - The two antithetical desires are the desire to separate from the source and the desire to return to the source. It is through the expression of these desires that the soul will continue its evolution until it can finally return to the source.

Specifically it's through the gradual exhaustion of all desires to seperate that the soul returns to Source.

Quote3. Why is cooperation or resistance with an evolutionary necessity the only two choices a soul can make?
3 - The two mechanisms that the soul has, through the ego, to express evolutionary desires or necessities are cooperation or resistance. Through cooperation, we will have a smoother evolutionary path. If there is resistance, cataclysmic events can occur, which makes evolution more complicated. It is the law of polarity, cooperation and resistance being the two ends of an axis.

4. What is involution and why does it always preceed evolution?
4 - Involution is an absence of evolution, a stagnation in the evolutionary path. It is necessary for the ego to feel the need to learn new concepts, new desires, that is, the need to continue to evolve.

The sense of stagnation can be a part of it, but more accurately the involutionary process is one wheirin the old form is dying before the new one emerges.

Quote5. Pluto can reflect evolutionary processes that we don't understand at the time. In retrospect, after the dust has settled, we are often able to glean insight and perspective of evolutionary necessity. Can you think of a time in your life where there were powerful Pluto type cataclysmic experiences that you only later were able to understand?

5 - I have never been able to maintain an intimate relationship throughout my life and I have always wondered how this type of relationship could work if they mainly did not exist in the last 20 years (Sol, Mars, and Mercury in the 7th). Even by traditional astrology, I could not understand what was happening with my circumstances (Pluto in the 8th, and I have to understand). However, today I understand that I have to work on my self-esteem and self-concept first (PPP 2ª). I think this is also reinforced by the position of the South Nodes in the 7th and North in the 1st. The evolutionary astrology brings light to this whole situation.

6 - Pluto represents the soul's desires and the south node represents how those desires, that determine an evolutionary necessity, were expressed in the past and still are expressed in this life. It translates the energy where we have been, which is comfortable for us, although they represent stagnation if we remain there.

7 - Pluto's polarity point represents the energy that we must integrate and work with as an evolutionary necessity but which at the same time is the antithesis of what we already know. The North node represents how we can express and integrate this energy in this life.

8. Why is it necessary to connect first with the inner soul really; where they are at in their evolutionary journey before interpreting the chart?
8 - We have to understand what is important for that soul, what information that can make a difference at the moment of its evolutionary journey. If the information is not relevant or does not fit, it does not resonate and is discarded or, at times, it can even be harmful by adding obstacles such as fears. The information must enable people to overcome obstacles and give them the power to do so.

I hope I have answered your first questions and sorry if there are mistakes in my writing. Thank you!

Really great work Susana! Thanks for contributing and putting in the effort. Your answers reflect a very strong understanding and a genuine reflection on the material.

ari moshe

Hi everyone!

I will post the next assignment on Monday. There are 2 or 3 people still hoping to post and since this is the first step and there's a lot of material it feels good to move on on Monday.

Thank you to EVERYONE who is putting in the work and posting here. We are all at differnet levels and experiences with EA and astrology in general, so please remember not to compare yourself to anyone, but do review the work of others with my comments whenever you feel you need to clarify something.

For now you can start reading the Pluto in the 2nd house chapter to get a feel for the nature of the 2nd house archetype. I will post the assignment for adding the south node in the 2nd house on Monday.

Gauri

Thank you for your work Gauri! I suggest you review some of the other posts, related to the first question in particular, just to get a more solid feel for the nature of Pluto in the 10th house. I see that you do understand the core of this material, just a need for some clarifications.

Hi Ari,
I loved reading your classwork-posts and went through them several times gapping them with contemplation and review. Reading the answers submitted was very grounding and informing too. I was going to start off my post by stating that being satisfied by all the points covered and repeated I am trying to add in my own way anything that I see in addition that might be different from what we are saying as answers. So your inputs are what I have truly looked forward to as they speak directly to what my understanding is shaping as. Thank you very much for the efforts.

Barbora

Pluto questions

1. The desire of the soul with Pluto in the 10th house has been to play an important part in society, to assume a position of authority.  Now, in order to do this, the person had to learn about the ways how to attain such position. The  person also had to be self determined and disciplined to achieve this goal.   Depending on how new this desire is the person either already can be self-disciplined and determined or is still learning about how important it is.
The problem is that societies are different and ways how to attain status and authority positions depend on the structure of a given society. So if a society is corrupt and one wants to succeed in it, then one learns corrupt manipulative ways to do so. This can cause problems for the soul later on the way.
Another problem is if the person overly identifies with the position of the authority itself, the sense of person's identity may seem to be identical with the person's status in society.  Since Pluto correlates to our sense of security, often unconscious and not reflected, the loss of this position may be perceived as catastrophic and a person might be tempted to go to great lengths to avoid it.   
Ideal manifestation of this desire is a person who is able to establish their own authority in a society and thus provide a service for the society, often a service that benefits the society as a whole. Also the way in which a person attains power is void of any self-serving manipulation.

10th Pluto placement can also indicate a recent gender switch. The previous gender was no longer promoting soul evolution and the switch occurred. This can be unsettling for the person, since gender roles assigned by society are new for a person.

2. The evolutionary intention of the current life as signified by the Pluto polarity point in the 4th house is to find the sense of security from within a person, not to derive it from or identify it with the position of power, authority and status. A large part of the 4th house is about our emotions, accepting them and the feeling of vulnerability that goes with them. When they start to accept themselves as emotional being, they become more human and less judgmental towards themseves and others.