School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

New EA Beginners Practice Thread 2020

Started by ari moshe, Mar 31, 2020, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akim

Quote from: OliverFred888 on Jul 05, 2020, 03:52 PM
Hi Akim,
I know we are not supposed to delve into our personal charts and ask questions that would only pertain to us, so I won't. So as a general question, knowing your Neptune is a skipped step, and also that this is a beginner's thread - have you been able to identify your resolution node? Especially during this time of disillusionment, have you been able to put into context what that would look like?
Again, this is not a place for personal readings, but have you been able to make sense of things for yourself?
Hope all is well!
-Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Cheers for the encouragement to practice applied learning. I think answering this question broadly could be helpful rather than detracting from the thread, so I shall go ahead.

Yes, I have identified the 'resolution node'. It is the N. node for me. And I have been unpacking the symbols of the sign and house for the N. node, as well as the S. node and Neptune.

Few things I have noticed: is that in those moments, episodes, days when 'the fog lifts' and I have a sense of clarity and orientation on where I am, who I am and where I'm going - in those moments I could say that I am in touch with or embodying the energies that I correlate to my N. node, by house and sign. And in those moments, when I look ahead, then I see those same symbols as a calling, a feeling of desire and meaning (a path).

Those 'glimpses' come, pretty much, 'out of the blue'. I have also played with trying to actively embody the energies or traits that I think my N. node signifies, however it seems to create resistance and adds to the confusion.

I see some confusion in my understanding of what is really defined by 'skipped step' and 'resolution node'. A part of me, I guess 'ego', can grab onto that in way that defines 'skipped step' as 'problem' and 'resolution node' as something I can/need to figure out or crack in order to solve the 'problem'.

Unpacking the word "resolution" gives more food for thought.. three definitions that jumped out at me are;-

1. "a firm decision to do or not to do something." - this correlates more to my initial "I'm going to do my n. node." attitude.

2. "the conversion of something abstract into another form." - this correlates to a gentler version, where I playfully interact with and unpack the archetypes and symbols involved, without trying to hard to come to final conclusions or make things happen. This procession of 'conversion' seems to happen as a byproduct of curiosity.

3. "the passing of a discord into a concord during the course of changing harmony." - this seems to correlate most to the essence of the matter. The 'musical score' that is my evolutionary process plays and now and then a bridge or resolution happens before the next verse with its discord comes.
Maybe eventually the 'musical movement' that is my 'skipped step' will have a final resolve and I will hear and play the song of my N. node. Or maybe the N. node is a 2nd movement that will be gradually introduced, providing a resolution for the skipped step issues.

So yeah, it has been helpful to have these ideas there, working in my conscious and unconscious, and the N. node symbols do seem to correlate to a sense of freedom whereas the S. node symbols seem to correlate to patterns of resistance and control.
The S. node also seems to hold some of the very qualities that I need in order to realise the N. node. This is also how I have heard some EA astrologers speak to the 'skipped step' - that there is a bit of a 'seesaw' going on.

Whether any of this is real, or because I have superimposed the meaning on top of it - I don't know.

+ IF what is going on for me correlates to this Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter conference around my skipped step Neptune, then I would say it has to do with a thorough excavation and examination of ones coping strategies, illusions and delusions, addictions and dreams.

Julia8

Quote from: ari moshe on Jun 29, 2020, 11:54 PM
Then, consider, "how has the 3rd house identity structure served as a vehicle for the desires of Pluto in the 12th?" What might be some areas of resistance and where might the soul be empowered?

Since Gemini is a sign ruled by Mercury, a planet that represents how we process the information in a rational, left-brain way, this can describe a soul that in the recent past tried to find the meaning to things through collecting information from different sources. The more these natives searched and learned, the more they get aware about the vastness and of the diversity of opinions that may exist regarding pretty much anything.

Resistance could manifest, in this case, by struggles that could exist in facing the reality as it presents itself (PPP 6th house?), or in just listening and following what their own inner guidance can bring as advice (9th NN?). Since possibilities are that the native may have a tendency to try to rationalize what not always can be rationalized, it could occur to them to feel stuck at times, by for example a need to constantly search for evidences and/or other people experiences rather to simply putting in practice the idea that their "gut feeling" brought.

There may also frustrations that could be experimented by these natives progressively,  each time they feel like all their researches and knowledge (Gemini?) still haven't gave to them the sense of identification that they so deeply crave for. It's more or less as if these people can find empowerment through rationalizing, but at the same time, a certain emptiness that never seem to be filled. The emptiness could be perceived when none of these theories seems to fit to their particular way interpreting reality (Pisces?).

These might be souls that in the recent lives were highly creative and imaginative, having a mind that seemed to have no boundaries. In some cases, Pluto 12th and SN in the 3rd natives could have been writers, storytellers and/or individuals that have been learning the meaning of compassion through knowing and getting more in touch with the people from their culture and close environment.

*************************************************************************************

PS I.: Once again I haven't read the other users' answers before written mine. Hope that's ok, although short (and not very much vague).

PS II.: I thought about putting those "?" there just to try to be more clear about the reason why I used those terms. In this way everyone that will read my post in this thread will understand that I write that term thinking in a certain archetype, and then be able to correct me if necessary, in the case of seeing that I am assimilating a whole archetype in a way that it's not completely right.

~ Júlia
"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ari moshe

Hi Julia

QuoteSince Gemini is a sign ruled by Mercury, a planet that represents how we process the information in a rational, left-brain way, this can describe a soul that in the recent past tried to find the meaning to things through collecting information from different sources. The more these natives searched and learned, the more they get aware about the vastness and of the diversity of opinions that may exist regarding pretty much anything.

Excellent

QuoteResistance could manifest, in this case, by struggles that could exist in facing the reality as it presents itself (PPP 6th house?), or in just listening and following what their own inner guidance can bring as advice (9th NN?). Since possibilities are that the native may have a tendency to try to rationalize what not always can be rationalized, it could occur to them to feel stuck at times, by for example a need to constantly search for evidences and/or other people experiences rather to simply putting in practice the idea that their "gut feeling" brought.

Facing reality as it presents itself would actually be 9th house: self eveident realizations to what is. The nature of phenomenal reality as it is is the 9th house: the principals of reality. The discernment and active analysis is the 6th house. Inner guidance/advice too would be 9th house.

It might not be about searching for other people's experiences but definitely about the need to establish intellectual cohesion; the need to make sense out of things. This can mean that if the facts don't connect that the soul will experience cognitive dissonance in the face of what actually is. This dissonance will either be met with surrender/ realization that they have created a web of logic in the bubble of their own minds or through resistance: holding more stronlgy to their mental constructs to try to make sense of life even when reality is saying otherwise. Like grasping at water and trying to tell the water how it's supposed to behave. I see in your next paragraph you speak to this ...

QuoteThere may also frustrations that could be experimented by these natives progressively,  each time they feel like all their researches and knowledge (Gemini?) still haven't gave to them the sense of identification that they so deeply crave for. It's more or less as if these people can find empowerment through rationalizing, but at the same time, a certain emptiness that never seem to be filled. The emptiness could be perceived when none of these theories seems to fit to their particular way interpreting reality (Pisces?).

Excellent point. Yes to Gemini/3rd house. Inrepretation of reality would be 9th house. 12th house is the ultimate meaning we give to life/ what we surrender to (it's not a philosophy or course of interpretation). 3rd house is what logically fits together. Here the soul would be attempting to arrive at meaning through the logical faculties. But it can literally all be imagined/ all made up. 12th house is the need within all individuals to be linked with Love, the source of all of us. Since it IS who we are and where we come from and since we DON'T all entirely know this, it creates a gap wheirin pretty much all souls are trying to reconsile with that sense of feeling seperate from something that is actually so essential and One, and thus the need to resestablish this connection through whatever the soul can give meaning to/ surrender to as a source of salvation.

QuoteThese might be souls that in the recent lives were highly creative and imaginative, having a mind that seemed to have no boundaries. In some cases, Pluto 12th and SN in the 3rd natives could have been writers, storytellers and/or individuals that have been learning the meaning of compassion through knowing and getting more in touch with the people from their culture and close environment.

Great correlation.

QuotePS I.: Once again I haven't read the other users' answers before written mine. Hope that's ok, although short (and not very much vague).

PS II.: I thought about putting those "?" there just to try to be more clear about the reason why I used those terms. In this way everyone that will read my post in this thread will understand that I write that term thinking in a certain archetype, and then be able to correct me if necessary, in the case of seeing that I am assimilating a whole archetype in a way that it's not completely right.

Excellent work Julia, I feel you understand the core relationship between Pluto in the 12th and the 3rd house south node.

Susana

Quote from: ari moshe on Jun 29, 2020, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone! We will add our next step.

If conceptualizing Pluto in the 12th house has felt difficult, this will give it some context.

Lets place Pluto in the 12th house with the south node in the 3rd house.

Then, consider, "how has the 3rd house identity structure served as a vehicle for the desires of Pluto in the 12th?" What might be some areas of resistance and where might the soul be empowered? Remember that the south node is the soul's familiar orientation to knowing itself as a self, and that orientation means that this is how the soul has been relating to the evolution intent. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Hy everyone!
There are my answer:

Individuals with Pluto in the 12th house have an evolutionary need for alignment with a transcendental belief system that allows them to understand creation and to express their individuality as an extension of that creation. So, for this to be provided, they need to dissolve all the barriers that prevent their identification with the source.
With the south node in the 3rd house, these individuals have been collecting facts and information on which they will build the explanatory models of how the world works and, consequently, of themselves.
However, Pluto's impulse demands that this need be satisfied through surrender to the unknown and the creation of the necessary internal confidence that this connection is real, even though the facts and information do not corroborate rationally and intellectually its existence.
In past lives, these individuals have gone through cycles of expansion of their belief system, where the experience and information acquired are interrelated, ultimately increasing knowledge about the world and themselves.
But they also went through cycles of limitation or stagnation where, despite the restlessness and ease of adaptation, characteristic of these individuals, they were not enough to overcome the insecurity felt by the introduction of new experiences or information. Sometimes the gathering of information and experiences was so huge that they ended up having a lot of difficulty in organizing this data in a logical system that made sense to them, once the center or foundation of their perspective was lost.
If they had managed to create their own philosophical and cosmological system internally, with which they identify themselves, the path to understand and accept Pluto's evolutionary intent at 12th will be facilitated since this system will provide the basis for the emotional security necessary for their evolution.

Susana

ari moshe

Hi Susana, I'm sorry for my delay. Been traveling and I completely spaced on checking here.

QuoteIndividuals with Pluto in the 12th house have an evolutionary need for alignment with a transcendental belief system that allows them to understand creation and to express their individuality as an extension of that creation. So, for this to be provided, they need to dissolve all the barriers that prevent their identification with the source.

With the south node in the 3rd house, these individuals have been collecting facts and information on which they will build the explanatory models of how the world works and, consequently, of themselves.

However, Pluto's impulse demands that this need be satisfied through surrender to the unknown and the creation of the necessary internal confidence that this connection is real, even though the facts and information do not corroborate rationally and intellectually its existence.

Excellent, this line points to the core conflict in that the Truth can not be found/realized entirely through logic alone.

QuoteIn past lives, these individuals have gone through cycles of expansion of their belief system, where the experience and information acquired are interrelated, ultimately increasing knowledge about the world and themselves.

But they also went through cycles of limitation or stagnation where, despite the restlessness and ease of adaptation, characteristic of these individuals, they were not enough to overcome the insecurity felt by the introduction of new experiences or information. Sometimes the gathering of information and experiences was so huge that they ended up having a lot of difficulty in organizing this data in a logical system that made sense to them, once the center or foundation of their perspective was lost.

Excellent

QuoteIf they had managed to create their own philosophical and cosmological system internally, with which they identify themselves, the path to understand and accept Pluto's evolutionary intent at 12th will be facilitated since this system will provide the basis for the emotional security necessary for their evolution.

This last line speaks specifically to the 9th house north node, which would relate to a cosmological framework for understanding the meaning of life. Within the 3rd house just by itself relative to Pluto in the 12th there can be a trascendent capacity to take life lightly; knowing that the world it perceives is as mutable as it's thoughts about the world. This can speak to a soul that has the psychic gifts of communication on multiple dimensions of reality, is able to adopt anywhere because of a knowing that the ephemeral context of reality, the way we think and communicate what we think is incredibly subjective and can be used in all kinds of ways according to the needs of the moment.

Excellent work Susana, thank you for your efforts.

ari moshe

Hi everyone,
In a couple days I'll be back and we'll add the north node and polairty point! For now you can read the Pluto in the 9th house section to get a clear sense of the 9th house archetype.

ari moshe

Hi Pisces Lady, Akim, Susana, Julia and anyone who still plans to post -
First thank you for your great work! At this point I'd like us to add the north node in the 9th house as the vehicle for Pluto in the 6th.

Reading all of your posts, I feel that we will all be able to competently do this.

What kind of ego structure is necessary here for evolution? The 9th house corresponds to our intuition and our direct experience of reality. As we grow on our path we expand our understanding and realizations about the nature of reality. Our learning here is both personal in that it has to be unique to each of us and that it is not some belief or philosophy that we believe in (something outside of ourself). This is what JWG beautifully spoke about in regards to the difference between belief vs knowledge. Knowledge comes from direct experience and is irrefutable.

So there is a growth for this soul in referencing the intuition. Consider how this is different than a 3rd house way of being.

Some pointers on the 6th house polarity point: discrimination and discernment are one of the key themes here. In the 12th house the soul can both be wide open and also fall into delusional beliefs about reality. Potentially, anything could be true, anything can be real. So the practice of discerning true reality and practicing orienting one's consciousness towards source is necessary here. Otherwise it's just openness without any real relationship to Source/Love/True meaning which can be shaped in all kinds of directions. So the 6th house can both relate to actual practices/techniquies that connect the soul to the Truth/Source as well as the practice of orienting to life from a perspective of deep discernment. Pluto in the 12th ultimately is penetrating through all illusions and merging with the only thing that is actually real: God, Love. The practice of such discernment (and thus not just going with the flow of what is presented in the world of ilusions) is an expression of the 6th house polarity.

What I'd like everyone to do is to speak about how the north node in the 9th house will activate the Pluto polarity point in the 6th house.

Akim

Quote from: ari moshe on Aug 19, 2020, 05:03 PM
What I'd like everyone to do is to speak about how the north node in the 9th house will activate the Pluto polarity point in the 6th house.

Hi Ari, and all  :)

How the 9th House N. node activates the PPP in the 6th House relative to Pluto in the 12th House:

Evolutionary necessity urges this soul to make manifest, through the 6th House archetype, the spiritual ideals with which they have been aligning themselves. If they are in harmony with the desire to merge with source, then the N. node in the 9th House will lead them towards contacting and trusting their own intuitive sense of their spiritual truth and their path. The S. node in the 3rd house correlates to ego-structures that have been going from one experience to the next, exploring and sampling many spiritual paths, belief systems, concepts, groups and a generally intellectual approach to understanding the spiritual truths they are seeking.
One possibility is that the soul has come to a natural exhaustion of the 3rd House archetype in regards to their spiritual quest. In other words, they have experienced so many different ideas and come to the conclusion, perhaps in crisis, that they still don't know anything. This could trigger the 12th house energy of meaninglesness; Anything could be false, anything could be true. Who knows. This would eventually force the soul to investigate a different form of knowing that goes deeper than the 3rd house. Moving towards the 9th house, the soul would create and be party to experiences that give them opportunities to learn about their intuition; get a feel for their inner voice; the part of them that knows things without rational, intellectual proof. This would activate the 6th House polarity point because this archetype is like a laser of focus in contrast to the wide, indiscriminate openness of the 12th House. The evolutionary intention for this lifetime, through the 6th House archetype, may involve the soul reflecting on everything they thought they knew and together with the intuitive faculties of the 9th House, "˜separating the wheat from the chaff' so to speak. Discernment and descrimination are keywords for the 6th House and by bringing the 12th House through this "˜earthy' process of purification the soul will eventually create the structures needed for the next phase of their spiritual journey - back towards the 12th, with the necessary clarity to make manifest their spiritual truth here on earth.   

ari moshe

Hi Akim,

QuoteHow the 9th House N. node activates the PPP in the 6th House relative to Pluto in the 12th House:

Evolutionary necessity urges this soul to make manifest, through the 6th House archetype, the spiritual ideals with which they have been aligning themselves. If they are in harmony with the desire to merge with source, then the N. node in the 9th House will lead them towards contacting and trusting their own intuitive sense of their spiritual truth and their path. The S. node in the 3rd house correlates to ego-structures that have been going from one experience to the next, exploring and sampling many spiritual paths, belief systems, concepts, groups and a generally intellectual approach to understanding the spiritual truths they are seeking.

One possibility is that the soul has come to a natural exhaustion of the 3rd House archetype in regards to their spiritual quest. In other words, they have experienced so many different ideas and come to the conclusion, perhaps in crisis, that they still don't know anything. This could trigger the 12th house energy of meaninglesness; Anything could be false, anything could be true. Who knows. This would eventually force the soul to investigate a different form of knowing that goes deeper than the 3rd house. Moving towards the 9th house, the soul would create and be party to experiences that give them opportunities to learn about their intuition; get a feel for their inner voice; the part of them that knows things without rational, intellectual proof. This would activate the 6th House polarity point because this archetype is like a laser of focus in contrast to the wide, indiscriminate openness of the 12th House.

Excellent

QuoteThe evolutionary intention for this lifetime, through the 6th House archetype, may involve the soul reflecting on everything they thought they knew and together with the intuitive faculties of the 9th House, "˜separating the wheat from the chaff' so to speak. Discernment and descrimination are keywords for the 6th House and by bringing the 12th House through this "˜earthy' process of purification the soul will eventually create the structures needed for the next phase of their spiritual journey - back towards the 12th, with the necessary clarity to make manifest their spiritual truth here on earth.  

Excellent analysis Akim! Thank you for your contribution. To add to what you have spoken, the 6th house brings in a practical discernment that essentially asks "is it working?" For example, if the soul is in the spiritual state and wishes to evolve closer to Source, the 6th house would be a reflection of self honesty (9th house) about their general way of going about diffusing energy with their minds. They would have to asses if this is actually getting them somewhere, if the false security of logically sound ideas are affecting any real evolution. This would lead to a conscious practice to cultivate (6th house) their spirtuality, realizing it requires effort and they can't just circulate along the old ways of working through the mind. So the 9th house would be a draw towards going somewhere they haven't gone before, and in that going they will not be able to depend upon the old "map".

The desire within the 12th house is to merge with God. To dissolve seperation. The ironic thing is this is exactly what will be resisted. So the 9th house is a way of actually learning to tune in to one's inner guidance. Through this, via the 6th house refined discernment, one can begin to feel like their life is being guided and that they have the ability to consciously orient themselves towards Source, no matter where they are.

Akim

Quote from: ari moshe on Sep 09, 2020, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the further insights Ari!
I am still on board and keen to learn and practice.

Best, Akim

ari moshe

Ok Akim, that's great to know! I'd like to hear back from everyone else too. Let me know if you'd plan to complete the last practice and if you'd like to continue on.

Akim, for you any anyone else, if you'd like to go deeper:
Lets place Pluto in Libra in the 12th house, the south node in Capricorn in the 3rd house. North node in Cancer in the 9th.

Now the signs are conditioning the house expressions and gives a more specific context. I'd like to hear you speak about these signatures in the ways you have already done working with the Pluto and nodes evolutionary paradigm.

We are still being generic since we have not applied an evolutionary stage. However if it feels useful for you now/ if you feel ready, you can include in your analysis how this would work at different evolutionary stages - one or many.

When we place the sign on a house we are looking at the specific expression of that house archetype. So while the 3rd house corresponds to learning, gathering information, how we intellectually organize our reality, the sign will tell us the way in which we do that. Capricorn is about definition, boundaries, structure. It is also where a soul is learning discipline and developing awareness of ethics, natural rights and wrongs. It is where the affects of social conditioning according to one's family and country are important to consider etc. What kind of ego strucure then are we looking at with Cap in the 3rd? What might they be interested in and inclined towards? As the vehcile for Pluto, why? Where has that gotten them in the past?

Feel free to ask any questions you need.