School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Saturn Pluto SN conj. - questioning our relationship with death and afterlife

Started by Helena, Apr 14, 2020, 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helena

Hi All,

i thought is nice to share this video in the context of EA, death and afterlife. It's becoming a popular meme already relative to staying at home or go 'dancing' with the men in the video, but in a broader view it's also an appeal from the universal mind for us to question the theme of death, saturn pluto and the south nodes, and why/when have we lost our natural relationship with death as celebration of life/death/rebirth.
Here is a quote from the video,

"These people, when they are taking your beloved one to their final resting place, they also dance, so i decided to give my mother a dancing trip to her Maker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWXwVWJiq4

Wish you all to be in good health,
Helena

Gauri

Quote from: Helena on Apr 14, 2020, 07:58 AM
Hi All,

i thought is nice to share this video in the context of EA, death and afterlife. It's becoming a popular meme already relative to staying at home or go 'dancing' with the men in the video, but in a broader view it's also an appeal from the universal mind for us to question the theme of death, saturn pluto and the south nodes, and why/when have we lost our natural relationship with death as celebration of life/death/rebirth.
Here is a quote from the video,

"These people, when they are taking your beloved one to their final resting place, they also dance, so i decided to give my mother a dancing trip to her Maker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWXwVWJiq4

Wish you all to be in good health,
Helena

Dear Helena,
I saw the video and it was very informative about developments/emerging 'evolving' trends picking up in a distant part of the world [am in India as I write this]. Thank you for sharing and putting the context as EA, death and afterlife - just brought the whole 8th house topic (if I may pin it on the house most commonly cited for death) in close view.

I do wonder if how we meet the prospect of death at any point in our life is strongly energetically fed by the culture that we are born into or also the ancestral conditionings perpetuated/supported as culture (like you rightly mention). Given the predominance of this theme under the Saturn Pluto conjunction and the South Node in Capricorn,  I begin to think, under EA, if the 2nd-8th axis together with Libra's place in the chart would provide some nudge in some numbed or darkened part. And how we may evolve to see light and Encounter the continuity of soul evolution... see into ourselves into the end ready for a bright spark again (not exactly knowing the next incarnation details! or even necessarily dying :) )

Helena

Hi Gauri,

I do agree this example points to culture differences in how we see both life and death, and why, which then in my view connects in EA to the core themes of the transits we have going, when put in a larger perspective of our collective evolution, that can very well appear in the air as "viral messages".
In a very simplistic approach, how we see death correlates to how we have lived life, with the personal and societal judgements (capricorn) therein. This would correlate to a divergence between seeing the afterlife as place of ascendance with reward and punishment vs a life/death/rebirth continuous cycle of evolution. The first correlating with religions and its teachings, the second with the basic laws of nature from which for example the Moon and its cycles from new to full to dark (cyclical death) guided the passing phases of human life and inner knowing in ancient times before religions.

This for me is the in the very essence of this transits, with jupiter/beliefs/natural laws (or its distortion) also returning to its south node and capricorn correlating to the application of these laws, as well as natural guilt or learned, man-made guilt. With the balsamic phases of these transits correlating to the death cycle relative to this beliefs and structural laws, there is of course a strong focus on the death theme, not only literal as we see sadly with this pandemic, as i am sure all of us are facing its own metaphoric deaths adjusted to each of our individual and evolutionary needs. Seeing for example the millions of jobs/work (saturn) that have now ended all over the world, some forever, is clear the work environments are going to metamorphose to other hopefully more suitable ones, adjusted to our new needs (moon).
The teachings inherent to this example are in my view much connected to the teachings of the Moon as our spiritual guide, the north node pointing there. As a whole, maybe we are getting it maybe not, but the truth is just right there - we will metamorphose this shape just past into a new phase of form and we have a choice (pluto) about it. Sometimes or in some situations it is natural and needed a longer time to mourn and heal, others we might as well dance :-)

All the Best,
Helena

Gauri

Dear Helena,
I loved reading your response. Thank you for sharing your knowledge so empathically. It took me very long to get back to the message board here but I had every intent to continue or complete the thread here.

Very helpful to know of the balsamic phase of Jupiter (nodes) as of the moon as we go through huge transits like the Capricorn one. And the two approaches of orthodoxy and natural evolution.

Reading my own comments/query earlier I wonder how Libra would have that critical 'choice' (implicit/imminent) about it - the experience and quest to navigate our inner life experience via reflection as external world; Libra to me could be how we relate to or taste our ideas about the universe/creation or our sacred beliefs. In this way it could be the womb of evolutionary meaning coming from the Pluto in Libra generation time that I am. You write Pluto as 'choice.' Could you expand that a little bit for me or offer an online reference or write a quote if possible?

Thank you so much.
This discussion was very sweet :)

Helena

Hi Gauri,

Choice as it relates to the dual desire nature of the soul, desire to return/separate, and how with scorpio Pluto we always have the choice to act on those desires relative to the deepening of consciousness and psychological knowledge coming with it, knowing why of any compulsion, desire, etc., if it makes sense.
Relative to any suggestion, i think going back to the pluto books is always a good option, whenever i re-read it is almost like i am constantly learning something new  :)

All the best,
Helena

P.S. Here is a quote i found in the Pluto book:

"Within the Soul there exist two coexisting desires. One desire is for separate existence - to separate from that which created the Soul. The other desire is to return to the Source of creation. The interaction of these two apparently opposing desires instigates the drama of personal and collective evolution. Desire is the determining force that dictates the reality of each individual. (...) The interaction of these desires determines what we think we need. That which we think we need determines the choices that we make. The choices that we make determine the actions that we initiate. The actions that we initiate determine the reality that we experience. Actions lead to reactions which lead to other actions. Simply stated, this process is the basis of what is called karma. We reap what we sow".