School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Heavy Matters

Started by OliverFred888, Jul 05, 2020, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OliverFred888

Hi all,
I wanted to ask what kind of books or training would be recommended as to be prepared and have valuable solutions for clients that have especially heavy issues?
I've done several readings for people that were especially intense, but had to always say that I don't know the answer. And yet they are in pain and craving a solution. How should the EA astrologer proceed?
Thank you for any help with this.

-Oliver

Julia8

Good question. That's something that it's been bringing me some  nervousness in the past few days.

There is a while that i decided to offer some readings, but i have been feeling that my advices are so... meaningless, vague, that i am really in a flip-flopping. At times, sure that i should desist and to say to these people that "i am sorry, but i guess I don't have this capacity". While at other times, i think that maybe i should keep trying for another month. And then the months go passing and passing by... my goal was to sent each one within 2 weeks, but I am stuck in some for more than 4 months.
"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rad

Hi Oliver,

It is always important and right to say to someone 'I just don't know' when that is in fact the case. Of course this is frustrating and can create a kind of inner state of feeling powerless and inadequate yet it is also honest.

To me the best way to proceed is simply to deepen your own Soul by way of personal meditation and reading materials that will help in the deepening. Within that, from an EA point of view, to deepen your understanding of EA itself through an understanding of the core archetypes themselves.

An EA astrologer named Marc Jones has written a book called Healing the Soul: Pluto, Uranus and the Lunar Nodes that may be helpful in this regard as well. Here is a link to that book: https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Soul-Pluto-Uranus-Lunar/dp/0984047409/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1594032440&sr=1-3

God Bless, Rad

Tashi

Rad thanks for the book suggestions, always appreciated.
I wanted to just say to younger astrologers, the EA Glossary is an invaluable tool to understanding the progression of the Soul's evolutionary journey and to why and how they may have challenges that underlie their issues. It is daunting and humbling to help others, and Rad is so right, sometimes we don't have answers. But I also recommend you get the Evolutionary Astrology EA Glossary.  I consider it a must-have, hands-on, look stuff up, go deeper kind of book. I recommend it to everyone and they all learn so much. If I could take one book to a desert island, this is it. Compiled by Linda and full of quotes from this message board. The best of the best.

(r)evolutionary/evolutionary Love to us all
Tashi
be the change you wish to see in the world
Tashi
www.enlighteningtimes.com

Julia8

Thank you for the tip Tashi! I still don't have this book, the EA Glossary. :)
"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come." - Mario Quintana

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson