School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

1 2 meditation

Started by ari moshe, Feb 11, 2010, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen

Thank you very much Rad for those answers.

Two other questions came up for me, and I would be thankful for any further clarity.

Q1:  Do I actually point my eyes upward into my head, 'looking' into the direction of the 3rd eye?  Or, is it simply to place my awareness into that point/area?  And, let my eyes do whatever they naturally want to do?

Q2:  In breathing, I was taught long ago what was called the 'Natural Breath' or the 'Full Breath.'  This method is to gently fill first the lower third, then the middle third, then the upper third of the lungs on the inhale, and rest in silence, then empty the upper third, the middle third and the bottom third on the exhale, and rest in silence.  The inhale and the exhale are driven by the body naturally...when the body wants the air or wants to expel the air, it will do it in its own timing.  It seems to be a Trinity of Breath, so to speak.  Is this method of filling/emptying the lungs applicable for this practice?  Or, is there an optimal/suggested method?

Blessings,
Stephen

stephen

Hi Ari,

I realize your post was to Rad, but I felt some comments within, so...

Now I really accept that I am a beginner.

I myself have recently come deeply to that understanding, as well...and so it is a 'Time of Discard' for me...a 'Time of Involution' before continuing with my evolution...or, actually, as the continuation of my own evolution.

This is not something I know how to develop on my own: true, sustained discipline. I want that so badly.

The following is absolutely NOT to say don't seek the support of a teacher:  However, in the interim, maybe that feeling about yourself, that you cannot develop your own true discipline has a two-fold internal solution.
  One, perhaps just discard that feeling as a part of your own personal time of involution, as being perhaps the voice of 'I am not good enough to do it'...the voice of evil attempting to bring about the opposite reality intended.
  Two, let your desire be your discipline, and just simply...in each moment when it comes the time on the clock or in your heart to meditate...in THAT instant, choose (free will) to follow your desire to meditate (or whichever is the option at hand).

Just some feelings which arose as I read your post.

Blessings upon you and your Way,
Stephen

Rad

Hi Stephen,

Quote from: stephen on May 25, 2010, 08:49 AM

Thank you very much Rad for those answers.

Two other questions came up for me, and I would be thankful for any further clarity.

Q1:  Do I actually point my eyes upward into my head, 'looking' into the direction of the 3rd eye?  Or, is it simply to place my awareness into that point/area?  And, let my eyes do whatever they naturally want to do?

It is to place your awareness within that area of the 3rd eye. There is a natural vortex there as you will know. So feel and focus on that vortex. Keep the lids of the eyes either totally closed, or just slightly open in a Buddhist type way: which allows just a sliver of light to enter consciousness. The eyes will take care of themselves. When you actually perceive the 3rd eye in total the eyes will then naturally 'look up' without you being aware of such.

Q2:  In breathing, I was taught long ago what was called the 'Natural Breath' or the 'Full Breath.'  This method is to gently fill first the lower third, then the middle third, then the upper third of the lungs on the inhale, and rest in silence, then empty the upper third, the middle third and the bottom third on the exhale, and rest in silence.  The inhale and the exhale are driven by the body naturally...when the body wants the air or wants to expel the air, it will do it in its own timing.  It seems to be a Trinity of Breath, so to speak.  Is this method of filling/emptying the lungs applicable for this practice?  Or, is there an optimal/suggested method?

This issue is not to focus on the breath at all. It is to concentrate upon the two words as the breath naturally goes in and out relative to those two words. The above approach requires consciousness to be 'aware' of the breath which, in turn, distracts upon the total concentration the two words. When there is total concentration on the two words that leads finally to the perception of the 3rd eye in full, and the Soul then remembers by birth right how to merge, fuse, with it. Then the breath simply stops of itself without the Soul/ consciousness even being aware of such.

God Bless, Rad

P.S. There is another really neat natural yoga called Laya Yoga that allows the Soul to hear the natural sounds that emanate from the various chakras. And each chakra correlates to specific knowledge/ teachings that are specific to the nature of each chakra. When the Soul unites, fuses, totally with whatever sound it is hearing from whatever chakra is when that inherent knowledge occurs to consciousness. If you are interested in this let me know and I will try to write it down in this thread for you.

Rad

Hi Ari

Quote from: ari moshe on May 25, 2010, 12:04 AM
Dear Rad,

I recently came to realize that for my entire life I have resisted allowing myself to simply be a beginner, to "not know".  Now I really accept that I am a beginner. I feel a deep gratitude and excitement in that acceptance.

I wish to ask a question about where/how I can receive the support of a teacher, or ashram type institution- to immerse myself in developing the skill and discipline for this practice. This is not something I know how to develop on my own: true, sustained discipline. I want that so badly.

I desire God, above all else- and yet I know that my separating desires are strong. I don't feel strong enough to do this on my own.

I totally understand your desire Ari. I would suggest, first, that you do try to make your own 'ashram' right in your own home. And to create a routine that you adhere too at all costs that involves active mediation/ yoga three times a day, at the same times everyday. There are certain great gurus, Souls, who have made the promise to be available 'within' each Soul who so desires, needs, to be taught, instructed, guided in this way. Given that you have your Mars in Libra in the 1st, this will be receiving progressively the transiting square from Pluto. So the way to proceed is not via extremes: jumping from your life the way it is now to the extreme of a monastic environment. In so doing the 'compression' of that extreme will ignite, intensify, your separating desires in such a way as to create a progressive distraction that will then defeat your reasons for being in the monastic environment in the first place. So, to me, it would be best to orientate to a 'midpoint' solution as suggested above. You can then be free, Mars, to act upon whatever separating desires you have while at the same time have a consistent spiritual routine/ practice as your baseline for reality. You will find that by having such a baseline, the consistency of the practice three times a day, is like putting a deepening groove in a record. And the deeper that grove becomes the more the baseline will become your total reality at some point. Then if you still felt the desire to move into a formal/ monastic environment that would be the time.

With the ruler of your N.Node being conjunct Neptune in the 4th, right in the center of the galaxy at 28 Sagittarius, your Soul simply desires to 'empty itself' of all aquired knowledge over many, many lifetimes. This is where you find yourself now. The need to empty, the acknowledgment of what you don't yet know. And that they comes back to the secret of the breath, and the knowledge that is known from within: the inner universes.

Now I have some more fundamentals questions.

1. Is it recommended to sit with a straight back?

Yes...............

2. You recommended 45 minutes min to start with. Would you recommend as well any particular times of the day?

The best times for you would: coming right out of sleep in the morning. The reason for this is that your consciousness, mind, will not yet be active. Also, there is still a lot of natural melatonin within the brain at that time. So in combination this is very conducive to deep mediation, and the very best way to start your day. Then around noon or so make this another time, and, finally just before you go to sleep. Do some yoga first at noon, and night time, then the meditations. The yoga creates a condition that facilitates the meditation. Within these daily routines, a natural trinity, practice using words like Hong-Sau  linked with the breath as much as you can. So driving in a car somewhere, sitting in a dentist office, etc, etc, etc. The more you prime the pump, the more water will gush forth.

With Love and Gratitude,
Ari Moshe

God Bless you too Ari, Rad

Linda

Hi Rad,

I think you missed my question a few pages back. I'll re-phrase:

I tried this meditation a few days ago, very early in the morning, and concentrated on the words "one" - "two" (not on the breath).  I continued on for over an hour and the meditation seemed to blend in with a half-sleep state. My question is, is it okay to use the words, "one", "two"?

Rad

Hi Linda,

Sorry that I missed your question. Yes, using the words 1 and 2 is perfectly fine. Remember that it is essential that you consciously focus, to concentrate, not only on the words, but the energy vortex between the eyebrows. That vortex, or chakra, has it's own natural 'gravity' that when concentrated upon, relative to the 1 and 2, will progressively allow for an entire 'gravity shift' within your consciousness. When this begins to occur the molecular density within the entire body system, all of it's cells, will begin to shift. As that occurs it is then common for the person the inwardly experience and 'sense' that that external world is going into something like an earthquake feeling. The ground upon which you sit will seem to be moving around you. Buy if you opened your eyes in those moments you would then of course find that the external environment is in fact stable. What that sensation/ feeling mirrors is the inner shift in the gravity mass within the body cells because of the pull of the gravity center within the vortex that exists between the eyebrows.
One thing you might want to try that will allow for your consciousness to stay fixed, concentrated, upon that gravity vortex that is called the 3rd eye is to do what many of the Buddhist meditation methods do: to keep the eyes slightly open that allows just a sliver of light to enter into your consciousness. The contrast of the light coming in through the eyes then 'highlights' the inner darkness relative to the energy vortex or chakra between the eyes. This helps the consciousness stay focused upon that chakra  as a result. It also help to keep the Soul/ consciousness 'awake' instead of the tendency you are describing: the feeling of going to sleep.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Thanks Rad for this extra information. I will take your advice.

stephen

Quote from: Rad on May 25, 2010, 04:08 PM
P.S. There is another really neat natural yoga called Laya Yoga that allows the Soul to hear the natural sounds that emanate from the various chakras. And each chakra correlates to specific knowledge/ teachings that are specific to the nature of each chakra. When the Soul unites, fuses, totally with whatever sound it is hearing from whatever chakra is when that inherent knowledge occurs to consciousness. If you are interested in this let me know and I will try to write it down in this thread for you.

Thank you very much for the further information Rad.

I would be grateful to learn about this other method, and when to use it in conjunction/in place of the 1-2 meditation, when/if you have the time for that posting.

Blessings,
Stephen

Rad

Hi Stephen,

Ok, I will try to write this down as best that I can. This is called Laya Yoga. Each chakra correlates to a sphere or 'loka' that contains universal knowledge that is unique to the nature of each chakra/ loka. For example, the heart chakra correlates to the entire nature of the truths that correlate with the nature of emotions in it's fullest dimension.

Each chakra has a natural sound that is exists within them. The intent of Laya Yoga is to be able to have our consciousness/ Soul tune into and hear these sounds. And, ultimately, to merge or fuse with the sound itself so that there is no more awareness of the 'listener'. When that occurs the consciousness of the Soul becomes aware of an entire universe within that chakra that correlates with the entire teaching or knowledge intrinsic to that chakra.

The sounds that are specific to each chakra are these:

The root chakra: the sound of bumble bees.
The sacral chakra: the sound of a flute.
The naval chakra: the sound of a harp like instrument.
The heart chakra: the sound of a giant 'gong'..or church bell like sound.
The throat chakra: the sound of a wind like you would hear when picking up a conch shell and listening to the sound within that.
The medulla/ajana united with the crown chakra: the sound of OM ... a continuous sound this is in essence of sound of the Creation itself: this can start with the sound of giant like waterfalls, a roar of, that then morphs into the sound of OM.

The way to do Laya Yoga is to sit very vertically and, if possible, on something made of cotton because cotton will cancel the negative magnetic vibration of the Earth field. While sitting vertically to raise up the arms in such a way as to place the thumbs over the appendage on the lower part of the ear to seal off external sound: press the thumbs inwardly upon it. Then allow the rest of each hand to rest upon the forehead/ top part of the skull in such a way as to have the tips of the little finger of each hand to rest gently on the top of the eyelids at the very end: the end farthest away from the nose. Then allow the rest of the fingers to fall naturally upon the top of the forehead/ skull.

Allow the physical form to breath naturally, while at the same time concentrating the consciousness upon the natural vortex, chakra, 3rd eye in the middle of the forehead. A natural sequence will then begin. This sequence starts with the consciousness/ Soul at first hearting the natural sound of the electrical system within the body form. This will sound something like standing underneath a high tension wire. Then this will give way to hearing the natural sound of the blood coursing through the body relative to the heart: pump, pump. Then, finally, this will evolve into being able to tune into the natural sounds of the chakras. What happens to most Souls at this point is that they will naturally tune into the chakras within them that are already most open. This will be different for each Soul. So if you at first hear the sound of the naval chakra, for example, to allow the consciousness to 'tune into' that sound ever more: to just go into it as much as possible. In time, and with practice, there will come a point in which there is no more listener while will be simultaneous to the consciousness/Soul becoming aware of the entire universe/loka/ sphere that is intrinsic to that chakra. The Soul/ consciousness is then simply is a state of becoming aware of all the truths, natural laws,  that are specific to that chakra.

To practice this Laya Yoga over time will allow the Soul / consciousness to fully actualize and tune into each chakra. The knowledge gained is of course inwardly realized that correlates with universal, natural, truths and laws of each of those chakras.

Laya Yoga and the 1/2 mediation can be used in conjunction with each other, one after to the other, or as a 'stand alone' relative to your own ongoing practices.

God Bless, Rad

Eric

Can't we just go to church and have the priest tell us what to believe? Seems like a lot of effort to have a personal connection to God. Just kidding of course :)

Thanks for providing this Rad truley, ( I want to say Morpheus), I'll take the red pill :)

Goddess Bless,
Eric

stephen

Quote from: Rad on May 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
Ok, I will try to write this down as best that I can. This is called Laya Yoga...

...Laya Yoga and the 1/2 mediation can be used in conjunction with each other, one after to the other, or as a 'stand alone' relative to your own ongoing practices.

Thank you Rad for taking the time to type this teaching out and give is to us.  Your knowledge and help is greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
Stephen

ari moshe

Rad, your response has had a deep impact on me. I just want to thank you wholeheartedly for that.

I feel I have many questions still. Some of them are basics, others are more existential (to me at least). I'm not clear about exactly what my questions are, or why I need to ask them- so I'm just going to continue my meditation, follow your instructions and wait until more clarity comes.

My life has taken a new turn- one that I have prayed for. I am certain that God has answered and is answering my prayers.
Ari Moshe

stephen

Hi Rad,

First, thank you again for your presence here, and for the consistency of your sharing and your teachings.

I am deliberately wiping away all the data/gimmicks/methods I have accumulated with respect to meditation, and returning to this process anew through these methods that you are sharing.  So, as I practice and encounter questions, I bring them here, in order to achieve a unified approach.

I would like to ask several more questions, please:
   1) The tip of the tongue placement...where is recommended within these methods?
   2) Location of the hands...on the knees, cupped in the lap...?
   3) When the time has ended, I am not always 'back' so to speak.  What is the recommended
           return/stabilization/grounding method/sequence/process?

Thank you.

Blessings,
Stephen

Rad

Hi Stephen,

I would like to ask several more questions, please:

1) The tip of the tongue placement...where is recommended within these methods?

Simply let it be natural: no need to place it anywhere except where it is naturally.

2) Location of the hands...on the knees, cupped in the lap...?

makes no difference at all, so whatever feels most natural for you.

3) When the time has ended, I am not always 'back' so to speak.  What is the recommended
           return/stabilization/grounding method/sequence/process?

To allow another ten to fifteen minutes in which your consciousness can naturally integrate what has taken place during the meditation to the immediacy of the moment, and what that requires to set your system 'back in motion'.

God Bless, Rad

stephen

Thank you Rad.

God'dess Bless,
Stephen