Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Determining which node a planet is applying to  (Read 1537 times)
Elen
Most Active Member

« on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:23 pm »

Hi All,

I think there was already a post about this but I can't find it, so I'll ask my question here.  I'm looking at a chart that has a planet in retrograde motion squaring the Nodes.  The Nodes are in direct motion.  I know that for a planet in direct motion squaring the Nodes (in retrograde motion), you determine which Node it's applying to by which Node last made a conjunction with the planet (thank you, Upasika).  So, what I'm wondering in this case is:

1) Is the reverse true when the planet squaring the nodes is retrograde (assuming the Nodes are retrograde)?

2) Is the reverse true when the Nodes are in direct motion (assuming the planet is in direct motion)?

3) So, if both 1 & 2 are the case (planet retrograde, nodes direct) then the end result will be that the planet is squaring the same node it would be if the planet was in direct motion and the nodes were retrograde....?

4) Are there any special considerations when interpreting a situation such as this?

Thanks, everyone,
Ellen
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2010, 03:51 pm »

Hi Ellen

The way we (EA astrologers) were taught is, regardless of the variations you described, the method of determining the resolution node is identical in all cases.  The nodes are retrograde 90% of the time, and that is the reason why.  Their mean motion is always retrograde.  And the mean motion of all planets is direct.

Many people have had difficulty calculating which node was the last to conjunct a planet, because of the nodal retrograde motion.  Because of this a simpler method was developed for determining this.  Looking at the chart, visualize yourself standing on the skipped step planet, on the outer periphery of the chart.  The node to the left of the planet is always the resolution node.  This makes it all quite simple.

Jeffrey wrote that in his experience, in general people with nodes direct in their chart had a clearer idea earlier in life of their life direction than people with retrograde nodes, however not in every case.   I've discussed this in the past with other EA astrologers, and not everyone has experienced that correlation. It needs to be examined by each astrologer from their personal chart experiences.
take care
Steve

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2010, 05:24 pm »

I'm still unclear about how this rule applies to planets that move slower than the nodes. The only answer I've gotten so far is that you still "move to the left"- even if the node to the left wasn't the last node that formed a conjunction to that planet. That doesn't seem to logically fit though... anyone have more awareness about this?

Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:35 pm »

Hi Ari ...

It makes the same whether the planet is faster or slower than the nodes ... the last conjunction is the conjunction of the planet with the node that last occurred prior to the time of the chart ... to find which conjunction was that, you have to go back in time ... to move back in time you need to move the planet clockwise (as if it were in retrograde motion) .... when moving clockwise, it will be applying to the node located at the left (if you are standing over the planet  at the periphery of the chart and looking towards the center of the chart) ... at the same time, when moving the nodes back in time they will be moving counter-clockwise (as if in direct motion) .... thus, that same node which is "at the left" will be applying to the planet ... going back in time the node and the planet, going in opposite directions, will meet ... that is (was) the last conjunction of the planet with one of the nodes ....

hope this helps ....

God Bless,

Gonzalo.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:46 pm »

Hi Ellen

The way we (EA astrologers) were taught is, regardless of the variations you described, the method of determining the resolution node is identical in all cases.  The nodes are retrograde 90% of the time, and that is the reason why.  Their mean motion is always retrograde.  And the mean motion of all planets is direct.

Many people have had difficulty calculating which node was the last to conjunct a planet, because of the nodal retrograde motion.  Because of this a simpler method was developed for determining this.  Looking at the chart, visualize yourself standing on the skipped step planet, on the outer periphery of the chart.  The node to the left of the planet is always the resolution node.  This makes it all quite simple.

Jeffrey wrote that in his experience, in general people with nodes direct in their chart had a clearer idea earlier in life of their life direction than people with retrograde nodes, however not in every case.   I've discussed this in the past with other EA astrologers, and not everyone has experienced that correlation. It needs to be examined by each astrologer from their personal chart experiences.
take care
Steve

Thanks for clarifying, Steve.  This helps a lot.
Ellen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:10 pm »

I'm still unclear about how this rule applies to planets that move slower than the nodes. The only answer I've gotten so far is that you still "move to the left"- even if the node to the left wasn't the last node that formed a conjunction to that planet. That doesn't seem to logically fit though... anyone have more awareness about this?

Hi Ari,
I don't have an answer but I was wondering if you could give a concrete example so I could understand your question/confusion better as I may share it....  I tried to come up with my own example but realized I got myself completely twisted around so...

Thanks, by the way, for your very thoughtful reply to my question re: victimization.  I really appreciated it.

Peace,
Ellen

PS I'll add my own question here.  I have always found it baffling that the Node that last conjuncted the planet and is now moving AWAY from the planet is considered to be the Node to which the planet is APPLYING.  Can anyone explain this???  In a routine situation involving just planets, this would be considered SEPARATING, wouldn't it?

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010, 08:26 pm by Ellen » Logged
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:38 pm »

Hi Ellen ...

The reason why the planet "applies" to the node it is "separating" from is that it is needing to recover skipped steps, ie. needing to go back to the past ... both nodes have been partially actualized in the past ... the question is which one of the two needs to be completed first to unlock the past for evolution to proceed .... which translates into the question which node does the planet "apply to" going to the past .... ie. moving as if the planet were retrograde and the node were direct ...

hope this helps ...

God Bless,

Gonzalo.
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:46 pm »

I had exactly the same question remaining for me too Ellen, so thanks for that explanation Gonzalo.
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:03 am »

Hi Ari,
I don't have an answer but I was wondering if you could give a concrete example so I could understand your question/confusion better as I may share it....  I tried to come up with my own example but realized I got myself completely twisted around so...

Thanks, by the way, for your very thoughtful reply to my question re: victimization.  I really appreciated it.

Oh thank you for sharing that with me, your very welcome.

You know I just realized now, AFTER A LONG TIME of being confused- that there is actually no situation in which the node to the left of any planet wasn't the last node that the planet formed a conjunction to. Really blowing me away. Thanks for helping me with that Gonzalo.

Stacie

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:37 pm »

Hi everyone,

It seems there is now a pretty good understanding of how we determine the resolution node for skipped step planets, and I certainly don’t want to complicate things here, but there is at least one exception that I can recall Rad discussing a while ago..wish I could remember the exact post..which is this:  if the south node is the last node to form the conjunction to the squaring planet and we also find the north node conjunct pluto with the ruler of the south node also conjunct the north node, in this case it will be the north node through which the issues reflected in the skipped step will be recovered. 

We all know that when the north node is conjunct pluto that evolution is not intended to proceed through the polarity point of pluto as it ordinarily would, but proceeds by continuing in the same direction that the soul began actively working on in the prior life, which is shown in the archetypes symbolized by the pluto/north node.  When this condition exists--north node on pluto--and yet there are skipped steps shown by a planet squaring the nodes, with the south node being the last node to contact the squaring planet, and the south node ruler is conjunct the north node, what this is showing us is that the soul has been working in the areas and directions that have been intended in order for the soul’s evolution to proceed, yet there have been skipped steps that the soul has started to recover in the ways that are consistent with the evolutionary intentions, yet the process of recovering those skipped steps is not yet complete.  The soul is meant to continue recovering those issues in the ways that were initiated in the previous life, and as those issues are recovered as such, the evolutionary work that has been set in motion in the prior life and continues in this one, as reflected in the pluto/north node, then becomes free to fully proceed.  Rad explained this in somewhat different terms when we had this discussion earlier (it was in the context of Barack Obama’s chart..about a year ago?), and I do hope my understanding of what he explained is correct.  Rad please let me know if I misunderstood, or if the info I’ve given here is inaccurate.  I felt it was important to bring this up though because prior to that explanation I had been totally unaware that there were ever exceptions to the rule of which node equals the resolution node.

Stacie
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2010, 11:36 am »

Hi Stacie

It is very accurate. I don't remember the conversation about Obama a year ago, so don't remember what it is that I said. But what you have presented, what Wolf taught, is of course correct. Another way of saying this is that the Soul will bring forth the skipped steps from the past, the planet squaring the S.Node that last formed a conjunction to it, yet the ruler of that S.Node is conjunct Pluto and the N.Node, by way of creating circumstances, and the dynamics that have created those circumstances, that 'trigger' what the skipped steps have been about in such a way as to either make 'new choices' that allow the Soul to proceed in it's evolution, or 'old choices' that leave the skipped steps in place. If the Soul makes those old choices then the life will seem like going in circles over and over until the choices are made to recover those skipped steps so that the circle can be broken, and evolution proceed.

Rad
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2010, 12:51 pm »

Hi Ellen ...

The reason why the planet "applies" to the node it is "separating" from is that it is needing to recover skipped steps, ie. needing to go back to the past ... both nodes have been partially actualized in the past ... the question is which one of the two needs to be completed first to unlock the past for evolution to proceed .... which translates into the question which node does the planet "apply to" going to the past .... ie. moving as if the planet were retrograde and the node were direct ...

hope this helps ...

God Bless,

Gonzalo.

Hi Gonzalo,

Yes, this helps a ton.  Thanks so much.

Ellen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video