School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Quick question about aspects with regard to retrograde planets

Started by Elen, Mar 15, 2010, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Hi All,

I am wondering if planets being retrograde affect the aspect.  As an example: Mars direct @ 1 degree Aries, Mercury direct @ 3 degrees Aries.  This is a New Phase.  If both Mars and Mercury are retrograde, same sign/degrees, is this then considered a Balsamic Phase.  I know with Nodes nothing is changed with regard to direct/retrograde motion.  But I am not certain if this is true for planets also.

Thanks,
Ellen

ari moshe

Hi Ellen, I want to share what I feel is the answer. I trust I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Retrograde motion is not taken into account when determining the aspects between planets.

In your example, if both planets are retrograde, it cannot be a balsamic conjunction because there is no cycle that is coming to an end (i.e. when did the waning square which always precedes a balsamic conjunction happen?) As I understand it, these planets are still in a new phase and are experiencing the dynamics of retrograde in the context of this new phase...

And my hunch is that when Mercury retrogrades to an earlier degree than Mars, they will return to balsamic phase status- but from the point of view of having gone back to re-explore it (retrogradation in the context of the phase that they are in).

Elen

Quote from: ari moshe on Mar 16, 2010, 02:09 AM
Hi Ellen, I want to share what I feel is the answer. I trust I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Retrograde motion is not taken into account when determining the aspects between planets.

In your example, if both planets are retrograde, it cannot be a balsamic conjunction because there is no cycle that is coming to an end (i.e. when did the waning square which always precedes a balsamic conjunction happen?) As I understand it, these planets are still in a new phase and are experiencing the dynamics of retrograde in the context of this new phase...

And my hunch is that when Mercury retrogrades to an earlier degree than Mars, they will return to balsamic phase status- but from the point of view of having gone back to re-explore it (retrogradation in the context of the phase that they are in).

Hi Ari,

That makes a lot of sense to me.  Hopefully someone will confirm.

Peace,
Ellen

Rad

Gonzalo

Hi Ellen ...

I would want to share my thought about your question ...

I agree with Ari in that the relationship between Mars and Mercury in your example is a new cycle ... ie. a new phase conjunction ...

At the same time, it could, for some reasons, be experienced somehow similar to a balsamic conjunction ... while the new phase conjunction produces instinctual, unchecked action without egocentric awareness, the retrogradation of Mars will require the individual to listen to himself, his Soul or God, before taking action ... this implies that action is required to operate not merely in an instinctual way ... Mercury retrograde will require the Soul to discriminate about the type of information it collects from the environment in order to select information which serves its evolutionary intentions; otherwise, the Soul will be -as most likely has been in the past- mentally overwhelmed by indiscriminate information intake, and will experience confusion, leading to not knowing what to think, not knowing what to do  ... thus, each planet in this new phase is requiring a deeper evolutionary response, which in turn is necessary because of what the prior response to each archetype has been ... thus, a higher likelihood exists that the Soul may experience confusion in relation to these archetypes in the new cycle beginning ... and also, they could serve as vehicles to grasp from within something deeper or more universal ....

hope this serves, though this is just my thought and I will wait to hear to other's feedback on this topic.

God Bless,

Gonzalo.

Elen

Quote from: gonzalopan on Mar 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Ellen ...

I would want to share my thought about your question ...

I agree with Ari in that the relationship between Mars and Mercury in your example is a new cycle ... ie. a new phase conjunction ...

At the same time, it could, for some reasons, be experienced somehow similar to a balsamic conjunction ... while the new phase conjunction produces instinctual, unchecked action without egocentric awareness, the retrogradation of Mars will require the individual to listen to himself, his Soul or God, before taking action ... this implies that action is required to operate not merely in an instinctual way ... Mercury retrograde will require the Soul to discriminate about the type of information it collects from the environment in order to select information which serves its evolutionary intentions; otherwise, the Soul will be -as most likely has been in the past- mentally overwhelmed by indiscriminate information intake, and will experience confusion, leading to not knowing what to think, not knowing what to do  ... thus, each planet in this new phase is requiring a deeper evolutionary response, which in turn is necessary because of what the prior response to each archetype has been ... thus, a higher likelihood exists that the Soul may experience confusion in relation to these archetypes in the new cycle beginning ... and also, they could serve as vehicles to grasp from within something deeper or more universal ....

hope this serves, though this is just my thought and I will wait to hear to other's feedback on this topic.

God Bless,

Gonzalo.

Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks so much for this.  It makes sense to me.  As with you, I will wait to hear other's feedback.

Peace,
Ellen

Rad,
Thanks for the confirmation in the prior post.