Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Birth Time Question  (Read 1330 times)
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« on: Apr 13, 2010, 01:31 AM »

I am working with my husbands chart.  I have two birth times for him. April 8, 1969 --One is at aproximately 11:30 AM and the other is at 12:43PM in Buffalo NY. Neither time came from an actual birth certificate. The 11:30 time was a recall from my mother in law. She had a story to go with it so it seemed quite in line, at first. But then, she found an invitation of some sort that was announcing my husbands birth and written on it for the time was 12:43PM.

If I posted some significant occurences in his life (like the birth of our children, our wedding, his car accident etc.) would anyone be able to help me find out which time is accurate and in doing so, it can really help me learn a bit more about what to look for and what is significant according to EA?

If this is asking too much, do let me know-- bc I have no idea if this is a lengthy, painstaking process or if it is something relativey easy (especially considering the times are relatively close to one another). I really have no experience with this type of thing at all.

My instinct tells me the 12:43PM time is more accurate,mainly because it would give my husband a Leo Ascendant and Cancer on the 12th and his physical appearance stands out in a crowd for sure(Leo) and he is emotionally (Cancer) withheld (12th), although his Moon in Capricorn may be part of that. My husband thought the 11:30 AM time sounded more like him when he briefly read over some typical "Cancer Rising" article somewhere(although he does not know the first thing about astrology so... Grin  --It was kinda funny because he said "See Dhyana, I am a very sensative person and my feelings get hurt easily" LOL, it was pretty funny, but maybe you had to be there... LOL.  And that statement he made shows you the extent of his astrological understanding --tee hee).

I have other reasons why I am leaning towards the Leo Ascendant, but I won't list those now, unless needed.

Anyways, I do realize that  there are services out there that offer birth rectification, but I ask on this EA forum because I thought I can learn more of the EA paradigm through this question than learning nothing by just using a service. I would rather understand how the time is come to through the EA paradigm rather than just be given a time with no learning, you know?

Thanks for any help
I would really appreciate any tidbits of info on how to go about this..

Dhyana

ps.(adding this later, after lucius reply.."I forgot to mention that I did already consider the Pluto questions before --but the thing is this; either time  still gives him a 2nd house Pluto in Virgo.)
Thanks
Dhyana
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2010, 04:40 PM by Dhyana » Logged
Lucius

« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2010, 07:39 AM »

Hi Dhyana - I know one thing that is done in EA is to ask the 'pluto questions' to determine which house Pluto is in and tweak the chart from there.  You could search the forums and/or I'll track it down if I have time.  I know they've been posted a few times for this reason.

Unfortunately I think a very large percentage of birth certificates are wrong which chafes my virgo sensibilities!  I discovered after a couple of years that my chart was wrong (never understood that Aries rising with Jupiter!).  Around that time I kept seeing the number 333 - whether it was always a clock that happened to be that time or in any situation (still to this day but not as much) - so, when I plugged that time into my birth day it gave me 29 degrees Sag.rising!  Still not sure if that is my birth time, but figured it a message all the same.

I find myself using anywhere between 3.33 and 5.  It's frustrating. 

Anyway, hope this helps.
Lucius

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2010, 07:52 AM »

Here are the questions:

Pluto in HOUSE 1. Do you feel you have a special destiny to achieve, meaning something out of the ordinary? The related question, do you have an inner resistance to completing yourself in relationship? (Why? There has been a whole prior life background of essential independence.) There are other questions you could ask. You could ask the polarity point questions.

Pluto in HOUSE 2. Do you feel that you are fundamentally self contained. Do you feel that you are fundamentally able to identify and meet your own needs?

Pluto in HOUSE 3. Do you feel that you have a fundamental curiosity to understand the nature of life, that curiosity primarily manifesting at an intellectual level? As an example, do you feel you have a compulsion to read many, many books, and yet your tendency being to read three or four pages in each book and not the whole book? Do you feel that your mind is simply a roller coaster brain of competing perspectives, the roller coaster or roll x-carts generating competing perspectives. The polarity point question would be, do you feel that you are trying to find that
one philosophical system that puts it all together for you?

Pluto in HOUSE 4. Do you feel that you are born with fundamental insecurity at a compulsive level? Do you feel that you had parents that were unable to understand the nature of your emotional needs, and therefore the nature of nurturing accordingly? Do you feel that you have a problem identifying with traditional gender role assignment? Do you feel in your intimate relationships that at times you have problems with what we can call pathological jealousy that is quite different than normal jealousy. Pathological jealousy is demonstrated in O.J. Simpson, meaning a person that can never let go.

Pluto in HOUSE 5. Do you feel that you are the center of your own universe? Do you unconsciously expect all things to revolve around you? Do you feel you have a bottomless pit in terms of the need to receive positive feedback for whatever your efforts may be?

Pluto in HOUSE 6. Do you feel that you have a problem with a core feeling of fundamental inadequacy? An inner feeling that you are not good enough to do what your higher mind suggests is possible to do? This becomes the basis of compulsive excuse-making, which sounds like rational reasons. Do you feel you have a problem with priority confusions? Do you feel you have a compulsion to make crisis out of thin air? Do you feel the emphasis in your consciousness is left brain analytical thought processes? Do you feel that you are plagued by personal doubt? Do you feel that you are your own worst enemy?

Pluto in HOUSE 7. Do you have a compulsive need to be needed? Do you feel you have a lesson in terms of learning when to give and when not to give, and more importantly, how to receive? Do you feel you have problems in codependency in relationship? Do you feel you have problems in projection in relationship (either one or both partners compulsively projecting their subjective reality on one another)?

Pluto in HOUSE 8. Do you feel you are born with fundamental emotional fears of betrayal, emotional fears of loss, emotional fears of abandonment, impacting on your ability to trust? Do you feel that you crawled out of the womb asking why, i.e. do you feel that you psychoanalyze yourself to the point of tears, and psychoanalyze everyone else to the point of tears? Do you feel that you are an inherently suspicious person? Do you feel that you have an awareness of larger forces in the universe that you cannot control?

Pluto in HOUSE 9. Do you feel that you have been asking giant questions for lifetimes, why life, why death, how do I fit into the cosmos? Do you have an element in your consciousness that just knows what it knows without knowing how it knows it? Meaning, do you feel the strength of your Soul is intuitive? Are you born with a fundamental restlessness? For an individuated or spiritual person the question becomes, do you feel that you have a core alienation from society? Do you feel that you have a need to understand yourself in cosmological terms?

Pluto in HOUSE 10. Do you feel that you are born with a core sense of guilt that you can no longer define? Do you feel that you have a tremendous standard of inner judgment, which equals becoming your own worst enemy? Do you feel you have a fundamental fear of losing control? Do you have a need to be recognized by society? A related question in the individuated and spiritual state. Are you having problems in gender assignment (consensusly defined)? Was there a power problem with one or both parents?

Pluto in HOUSE 11. Were you born with a fundamental feeling of being inherently different than most other people? A related question, not knowing quite where to fit, in society's terms? Do you feel you are born with an inherent capacity to innovate? Do you feel you are born with major lessons in terms of who is a friend and who is not? Do you have a consciousness that is naturally constructed to promote social orders that are more equitable for all concerned, meaning natural humanitarian? That will exist even in the consensus state. Lyndon Johnson had an 11th house
Pluto, Bill Clinton has an 11th house Pluto.

Pluto in HOUSE 12. Fundamental question, is your deepest fear falling into the great, great inner abyss? Do you feel you are born with a core of ideals that are continually frustrated? Were you born with no clear sense of boundaries between where you start and something else starts around you? Do you have a fundamental fear of going crazy or insane? Do you have an inner feeling of being in a prison, in which there is no way out?

Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2010, 11:28 AM »

Thank you Luscius.

I forgot to mention that I did already consider the Pluto questions before --but the thing is either time   still gives him a 2nd house Pluto in Virgo.
Thanks
Dhyana
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2010, 02:21 PM »

...O, Lucius-- I did very much appreciate your listing the Pluto questions out for me.  I ended up reading them over anyhow and I got a lot out of doing so, in general.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks Again,
Dhyana
Louie

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2010, 04:19 PM »

Dhyana:

Noel Tyl has a system of rectification based on Solar Arc and Progressions that I have found works very well. Basically the system is based on the fact that Solar Arcs and Progressions will typically be heavy during the periods of significant events. He will also utilize the tertiary progressed moon to help "fine tune" the analysis.

All of this is located in his book on Solar Arc theory.

Louie
Lucius

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2010, 04:27 PM »

There are the angles and the house cusps...also looking to the transits of slower planets through houses, especially Pluto....if there are planets close to the angles looking to major life events could help.  With mine it was early life....I had an operation & my father's job loss, bankruptcy, move, etc.  - Uranus had progressed to the MC of one of the speculative charts....just for example
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2010, 04:43 PM »

Louie, thank you -- i will see if it is on google or amazon books.

Lucius, thanks again --and when u say angles, could you give me an example from your chart? as well as house cusps u spoke of, if u don't mind?

thanks again guys
dhyana
Lucius

« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2010, 05:38 PM »

Well I won't post a chart, but, for example Uranus is in the 9th (with one of my 'possible' charts) very close to the midheaven/10th.  When I was just under two I had an operation...Uranus was transiting that point i.e., the midheaven...a couple of years later when my father was part of the airforce strike in 1980 Uranus was, via solar arc, conjunct that point - the midheaven.  I've also looked at transiting Pluto....especially as it natally is in the 9th whenever it'd move over the midheaven should be prominent, and then the 10, 11th and 12th....it is hovering around my ascendant now...figure pretty soon I'll know what degree is rising!  Wink

So, if your husband has planets in the 'theory' charts near the ascendant, midheaven, descendant or imum coeli I'd play around with those, moving the time around to see what planets may be making significant aspects.  For instance, something with his own family or perhpas mother, you'd think maybe there would be a significant aspect to the IC/4th....planets near house cusps...pluto transits and then other planet transits, especially the slow moving ones.

I've had some difficulty with my chart since there are a couple of T-squares and it's 'locomotive' visualy across the chart so there's always something!  It can be hard to look to house cusps and angles when there are so many other transits, progressions, etc. that can 'explain' it.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: