Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planet applying/Waxing Waning  (Read 1241 times)
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« on: Apr 04, 2010, 12:30 PM »

All,
This is a quote of Jeffery from dvd #6.  It brought up questions as I work to understand this concept.

“From the New conjunction until Mercury reaches the opposition, Jupiter is applying to Mercury, meaning the right brain is applying to the left brain.  As we reach the opposition, Mercury is now beginning its movement toward Jupiter, meaning progressively the Mercury function is going to be applying to the Jupiter function.  And at this point of opposition it is in a dynamic state of stress.  They are equally balanced, and it correlates to what is called brain switching.  There is an imbalance between the right and left brain.  It goes back and forth like a ping pong ball.”

So, from my past astrological understanding, the concept of, in this example, Jupiter applying to Mercury in the waxing half and then Mercury applying back to Jupiter in the waning half is a new concept/understanding.

Questions are:
 Is this to say, in an example of waxing square, the crisis in action is having the intuitive mind integrate(applying to) the linear mind’s findings?

And the waning square “crisis in consciousness” or as Jeffery said “crisis in belief”  would we, via applying Mercury back to Jupiter, say that this crisis is about linear mind to applying the use of intuition?

If this is true for Mercury - Jupiter as a planetary pair, is this understanding of which planet is “applying” to the other relative to phase waxing or waning true in interpretation of all planets in their specific phase relationship?

Thanks for taking time to read this
Blessings,
Bradley

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2010, 09:36 AM »

Hi Bradley,

All,
This is a quote of Jeffery from dvd #6.  It brought up questions as I work to understand this concept.

“From the New conjunction until Mercury reaches the opposition, Jupiter is applying to Mercury, meaning the right brain is applying to the left brain.  As we reach the opposition, Mercury is now beginning its movement toward Jupiter, meaning progressively the Mercury function is going to be applying to the Jupiter function.  And at this point of opposition it is in a dynamic state of stress.  They are equally balanced, and it correlates to what is called brain switching.  There is an imbalance between the right and left brain.  It goes back and forth like a ping pong ball.”

So, from my past astrological understanding, the concept of, in this example, Jupiter applying to Mercury in the waxing half and then Mercury applying back to Jupiter in the waning half is a new concept/understanding.

Questions are:
 Is this to say, in an example of waxing square, the crisis in action is having the intuitive mind integrate(applying to) the linear mind’s findings?

No. Jupiter would be providing to the consciousness a large vision that is possible for the Soul to actualize, and Mercury would then correlate to a crisis in action in terms of all kinds of ideas equalling possibilities of how to actualize that large vision. Thus, what to act upon, and what not.

And the waning square “crisis in consciousness” or as Jeffery said “crisis in belief”  would we, via applying Mercury back to Jupiter, say that this crisis is about linear mind to applying the use of intuition?

The crisis of belief or consciousness here would correlate to the fact that the Soul has already learned a variety of ways to philosophically and intellectually understand it's reality. It has created a great philosophical and intellectual system that has been put together by empirical facts that have been learned over many lifetimes. And it has done so in order to actualize the underlying evolutionary intentions, whatever they have been. The Soul at this evolutionary juncture has now reached a place in it's evolution that those existing intellectual and philosophically ways of understanding it's overall reality are breaking down, and loosing their meaning. Thus, all the exiting ideas, Mercury, that have served as an empirical way of organizing it's reality leading to the Souls philosophical way of understanding life, must now beginning  the process of dissolving. This then creates the crisis of belief, or crisis in consciousness.

If this is true for Mercury - Jupiter as a planetary pair, is this understanding of which planet is “applying” to the other relative to phase waxing or waning true in interpretation of all planets in their specific phase relationship?

Yes ..................

Rad
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2010, 04:59 PM »

Thank you Rad.

So, I think I get it now.

When we say a planet is applying to the planet that it last formed a conjunction to, in essence it is the same as when, if pluto for example is squaring the nodes and last conjunction was to the south node, we say that pluto is applying to the south node.
Am I getting this? 

Regarding your explanation of the mercury jupiter squares I gave as examples, I fully understand what you have written in terms of the phase relationship cycle itself.  I feel like I am missing a part of the concept of the "applying to" in my understanding. 

Bradley

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2010, 08:07 AM »

Hi Bradley,

Maybe in easy way to understand 'applying' is to use an analogy. And the analogy would be a rocket ship prepared to launch into space. From the moment of the launch until it leaves the Earth atmosphere the rocket ship is being subjected to the gravity of Earth itself, where that gravity is 'applying' to that rocket ship. Once that rocket is free from the atmosphere it is then free of that gravity. When the rocket ship reenters the atmosphere on its way back to Earth it is then 'applying' itself back to that Earth.

And, yes, the example of Pluto and the Nodes that you cite is the same idea.

Rad
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2010, 07:49 PM »

Rad

I am going to use another analogy to see if I’m getting this.
So, in your analogy, gravity is ‘applying’ to the rocketship as it pulls away from the earth(earth being the reason for gravity here).  This part of your analogy is the first half of the phase relationship 0-180 degrees.
In another analogy, lets say there is a workshop someone attends.  The experience of being in the workshop is the “new phase conjunction” - the event itself.  Relative to what began within this person after being in the workshop, the ‘energy’ of this life experience/workshop would be ‘applying’ to the person as they leave the workshop and return to their home and life.

So, as with a conjunction and in both analogies, there is the experience of one thing moving away from another - the place it is moving from is having a strong influence on it - or in other words, the “energy” of the conjunction and baseline planet is ‘applying’ to the planet moving away. 
In your analogy, I’m guessing the 180 point is the time outside of the gravity of earth - this space/place of greatest separation(most extreme) from what was left and point of true awareness/relationship to the thing it has left -  objectively looking back from where we came from.  And so, at this moment, the force of that gravity or baseline planet is no longer ‘applying’ to the rocketship/the person/the planet moving away.
In my analogy, the ‘forces’ or ‘energy’ of the workshop would no longer be ‘applying’ to the individual when they had individually integrated the lessons and reached a point of individual awareness of how this would impact the rest of their life - relationships, deeper connections, beliefs, capacity to establish their own authority, etc.

So, the technical wording regarding the second half of a cycle in which the rocketship is now ‘applying’ back to earth - returning to the force which been ‘applying’ to it as it pulled away from it - in my analogy the individual would be ‘applying’ its life to the experience of the workshop.   
In my analogy, the last quarter ‘crisis in belief’ would be the moment in time when the individual’s application of the life lessons from the original workshop begin to loose relevant meaning and need to become open for dissolving and mutating as the preparation for the next imprinting life experience approaching.

Does this demonstrate a base understanding of this concept?

Thank you,
Bradley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: