School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Technique to eliminate masochism

Started by adina, Apr 24, 2010, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adina

Gonzolo,

Ah, I think maybe I wasn't clear on something; there are really TWO BASIC types of guilt: man-made guilt(learned) based on religious, philosophical, psychological, etc. beliefs, and natural guilt (earned), based on our actions that are out of alignment with NATURAL Laws. I think for the most part the majority of the learned guilt DOES go back to what we think is "right" and "wrong" based on man-made religions.

I'm a bit tired, but I did want to clear up that "third type" of guilt if I could before turning in for the night. 

This may have been covered elsewhere on the board, but IN GENERAL, EARNED guilt will be reflected in the symbols of Saturn/Capricorn/10th house, while the LEARNED guilt are more likely to come thru the symbols of Virgo/Pisces and their respective rulers and houses. These, of course, are just two places to START looking for patterns of guilt.

Some of figuring this out within ourselves will unfold as we evolve and realign with Natural Laws, but much can also be gleaned now if we simply reflect on the reasons for ANY kind of guilt we feel and then the SOURCE of those reasons. For example, if I beat my child to the point he needs hospitalized, I know (even if it's only deep down within and not necessarily conscious) that I have done something inherently wrong. On the other hand, If I get a divorce and feel guilty because whatever church says it's a "sin" to get divorced, then I've taken on an unnecessary guilt based on some humans' ideas about what is right and wrong. Even in countries where religion has been banned, the old USSR, for example, I could be found "guilty" of and punished for not bowing to the emperor because that's one of the laws of the country. However, to not bow to another human being isn't intrinsically "wrong;" it's only "wrong" because it's a man-made rule, and therefore actual guilt is unnecessary.

I hope this helps, Gonzalo, and that I haven't made things more confusing. I'll recheck this in the morning to see how much sense it makes after a good night's sleep.   :D   LOL

Elen

Hi Adina,
I just wanted to jump in to sah how much I appreciate your posts.  Your explanations are always so clear & full of insight,  learning & wisdom.  I just wanted to say thank you.
Peace,
Ellen

mountainheather

Hi,
I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now and have been noticing a change.  Right now there seems to be an increase in the intensity of the negative voice and an increase in the number of situations in which the negative voice would normally arise for me, and yet I am more alert to recognize what is happening.

I can't say I'm dominating the battle but I can feel how much my soul is aligning with and calling out to the Divine Mother to help me transform, and I have been praying steadily to Green Tara for protection and guidance. And in that way there is actually no battle, only the choice to repeatedly align my thoughts with what ideas and images God is giving to me all the time about what is true and real.
A work in progress.

So I just thought I'd post and say thank you for this technique, and share blessings with anyone else who is taking this on,

In the green of spring, Heather

adina

Hi Heather,

What you explained that you've been experiencing is certainly how this effort can work; i.e., the negative (or Lucifer) steps in and tries to do everything possible to stop change from happening, AND the kind of change that results in a person becoming more strong within and/or aligning with God. Any positive change at all will attract the 'force' that wants to keep that from happening.

So, first, thank you very much for sharing your own experience with both the negative energy you're dealing with and what you are doing/aligning with to counteract this negative force. Bravo. And I'm here to cheer you on to keep going. As you said, you've already noticed some change, so imagine what you'll feel like after 4-6 months of this practice!  

God bless, you, Heather, and God bless Jeffrey for bringing the archetype of masochism out into the open, and then this method to heal it. As he said many times, this archetype is MEANT to come to a head at this time, and I remember that he also said that he asked God'dess to send him all the masochists s/he could find and he would help them. And help them, he did.   :)

adina

Ellen, I'm just glad I can pass on this wonderful technique that Jeffrey brought to us and has helped me, too! 

Blessings, and all the best with your move.

Adina

Gonzalo

Hi Adina

Thank you for your post and I apologize for my delay in responding.

I understand your clarification: guilt is a Capricorn, 10th House phenomenon. It can be originated in an intrinsic wrongdoing, ie. acting against natural law: natural guilt. It can also originate in acting according to natural law but against man-made laws or beliefs, because of the judgment, criticism or persecution received from society: induced guilt.  The desire to improve, becoming a desire to atone, is part of the Virgo archetype. When the desire to atone (Virgo) is linked to guilt (Capricorn), the pathology of masochism can manifest.

The desire to improve can derive in a desire to become perfect. Under patriarchal conditioning the ultimate ideal of perfection (Pisces) the Soul may want to achieve is defined by a patriarchal male "perfect" God of human form (Capricorn). This involves a projection of the human form of consciousness, and even, of this form of consciousness as conditioned by patriarchy. Under this type of religious conditioning the desire to improve translates into a desire to atone, basically because spirit is considered to be antagonistic to body/flesh, and further because human nature is viewed in total as "fallen", thus implying a cause of guilt by itself and a reason to atone. This type of guilt is induced guilt and not a third type of guilt.

I feel that both types of guilt can compound and induce or increase masochism. That could be the case, for instance, when a masochist acts against natural law thus deepening its feeling of guilt and becoming even more masochist than he/she was before.

Thank you again, Adina.

God Bless,

Gonzalo

mountainheather

Hi all,
I've been doing this practice for four months, and will continue for another two. Is anyone else doing this practice? I have questions. Thanks, Heather.

Gonzalo

Hi Heather,

I am doing this practice now, though, have just began with it two nights ago.

God Bless,

Gonzalo

mountainheather

Hi Gonzalo,
Thanks for responding, and may Light bless you as you go.  
Heather

Gonzalo

Thank you Heather. May Light Bless you too.

Gonzalo

mountainheather

Hi,
I completed about six months of doing this every night.  I stopped just before Christmas. I would say this practice definitely intensified my conscious awareness of self undermining behaviours and consequently I feel like I am mire flawed than before I started!! I understand that this is due to the fact that this practice has dredged my uncunscious/subconscious and the material is just coming to light. Or that's what I imagine. My question is would you recommend doing this again with a new set of affirmations? I don't want to overload myself with too much. I do have quite a bit of Virgo including Pluto mars and Uranus all in the tenth squared the nodes. If anyone has done this, have you done it more than once, or if you find lots of material what do you suggest as a way to continue the process? Thank you very much Jeffrey. Thank you Adina for sharing the technique.
Blessings, Heather

Rad

Hi Mountainheather,

My suggestion now would be to focus on the 'solutions' to every dynamic that you are now aware  of that is the cause of the self undermining behavior. So rather than focus now on those dynamics focus on the solutions by way of affirmations, over and over. By focusing in this way it creates an internal dynamic wherein the focusing of the positive solutions progressively changes the existing 'tapes' within the subconscious, or individuated unconscious, in which the self undermining tapes/ messages exist.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad,
Thank you.  Just to check if I understand, you are saying instead of focussing on balancing the negative voice with a positive affirmation, I actually in fact only listen to the emerging positive direction and then eventually that will take root in the sub/unconscious and the negative will naturally lose ground. It seems so simple to do this with the conscious mind. Is the subconscious typically more habituated and attached to patterns than the conscious? Thank you for the support.
Heather

Rad

Hi mountainheather,

"It seems so simple to do this with the conscious mind. Is the subconscious typically more habituated and attached to patterns than the conscious? Thank you for the support."

Yes, it is this simple, or can be that simple. Yes, the subconscious dynamics are much more difficult to change that the conscious mind. This is is why the necessity of repetition in order to change those existing dynamics: water does ware down rock.  .

God Bless, Rad

Steve

hi Heather

I would like to add to what Rad said from my personal story.  I have a Moon/Mars conjunction in 6th and Virgo on MC so I know a few things about it.

I went through Pluto over Asc in the most intense period of my life.  The gist of it was prior to that time I was focused on everything in my life that was wrong, not enough, what was lacking, where I was never good enough, etc etc.  Going through that time I was taught from within to start practicing accepting myself exactly the way that I was, including accepting what I could NOT accept.  I was asked to look at the fact that I had been beating myself up about my failings life long, and that strategy had not resulted in much change.

I was directed to look at my life, to find the parts that were working - even if they were only 10%, and everything else was not acceptable to me- to concentrate on the 10% and grow it, rather than to concentrate on the 90% and try to improve it (Virgo).  Over the course of some years that changed my life around in ways I never dreamt could be possible.

The best part of this from my perspective is while I was learning to accept myself, I also learned I didn't have to LIKE who I saw myself as, or all I had to go through.  I only had to accept it.  Interestingly, as I learned (learning?) to accept myself, a love of who I am at my core just developed by itself, no special effort required on my part.  It just gradually appeared, an appreciation of who I really am at my core.

That is how I gradually changed many of my negative subconcious orientations away from what is wrong, what is lacking, what is not enough.  Its still an ongoing process - those patterns are very deep.  But with enough determination and ongoing effort, even when its not fun, I know from experience that much turning around of deeply ingrained subconscious patterns can be accomplished.  And the results prove very worth all the required effort.
Steve