School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto ruling more than 1 house?

Started by Jane, Apr 28, 2010, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Hello to all you beautiful souls. Thank you for so much input.

I have found my way here looking for further info. as I have just read Jeff's lecture on Evil and Lucifer.

I really wish I had something to contribute at this point but have only been dabbling in astrology for a short time after finding out I have a strong plutonian chart. I am interested in knowing if what I see is really correct.

After reading your comments and if I am to understand it correctly it would seem that I have plutonian energy effecting almost every house.

I have counselled people most of my life, not professionally, but by volunteer work in organisations such as Life Line, homeless kids etc.

I would sincerely appreciate any comments regarding my chart if that is possible.

Maybe someone would like some practice.

Many thanks, and love to all.

ari moshe

Hi Jane, welcome to this site-

I want to gently point out the rules of this message board. Clearly you missed this thread:
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,105.0.html

Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Jane,
To answer your question, as I understand it...

Whenever any soul is working on their core evolutionary intentions (Natal Pluto by house sign and aspect) it automatically involves the houses that are ruled by Scorpio. This is because Each planet acts as a facilitator for the house that it rules.

So to have Scorpio on the cusp of two houses means that Pluto can be read as the facilitator for both houses. And of course there would be a reason why any soul would want such a thing. To me, that implies more evolution is intended to take place in this particular lifetime.

JWG (Jeff Green) writes in his book "Pluto the Evolutionary Journey of the Soul" The more aspects to Pluto, the more evolution a soul intends. I intuitively understand that the same rule would apply to more than one house ruled by Pluto.

Also, I noticed you used Placidus- ea uses Porphyry house systems.

All the best,
Ari Moshe

Jane

hello Ari,

thank you so much for your answer, it is gratefully appreciated.

my error, i did miss that section "-  this is not a place to seek free personal counsel
-  this is not a place to seek to get one's unfulfilled needs met, unless those needs are to learn more about EA!"
, but has left me a bit confused, as I am trying to learn more about EA.

as you can see I am a novice at this. I have tried to buy JWG books here down under, but without success. I shall now endevour to try harder.

thank you for the info regarding the different systems, this I was unaware of. The person who has taught me up to date only uses Placidus, and I intuitively have more faith in EA, hence the reason for being here.

many thanks

slan, 1000 blessings to you.

Steve

Hi Jane

Welcome to our EA message board.

For myself, I found your post OK within our guidelines.  The reason is, the real question you were asking was "what is the meaning of Pluto ruling more than 1 house?".  You happened to use your chart as an example.  The answer to that question is of general value to people who read our board.

Ari is correct that Jeffrey recommended using the Porphyry house system with EA.  But we don't have an orthodoxy that if you use another house system you are not "doing EA". 

We do like to see the charts posted on this board use Porphyry since we recommend it.  It becomes confusing to people new to EA when they see charts of different house systems posted and we suggest one in particular.  In the case of your chart, I don't think the house location of any planet changed between the two systems.  That is not always the case.

Please feel at home here and feel free to participate as you feel moved to.  Thank you for adding your post.
take care
Steve

ari moshe

I'm so sorry Jane, reading over my response, I feel I was arrogant in how I responded to you. I was assuming your intentions- my own projection.

To Steve and all the other moderators: My apologies, I recognize that I assumed a responsibility that isn't mine. It is truly an honor for me to be a student here.

About house systems- I stand corrected- in fact I know a couple ea astrologers who use the koch house system.
Ari Moshe

Jane

Hello again Ari,

please don't beat yourself up regarding your response. I certainly am not.

to Ari and Steve,

The reason I used my chart is that I have been told it is rather interesting because of the strong plutonian energy and thought others there may as well. I feel that I know myself very well, but there is always something else to learn.

I have managed to track down a copy of Deva's book and that is where my head will be for now.

I look forward to learning something that I also can hand on to the discussion group in the future.

Love to all

By caring in the depths of my being, I would lead you to be more than you are.

Dhyana

...precious jane, simply precious.

thank you for being here.

peace,
dhyana

stephen

Hi Jane,

I too want to post a Welcome to the Message Board of Evolutionary Astrology.

Also,

By caring in the depths of my being, I would lead you to be more than you are.

Wow!  Thanks for that . . . 'God-spoken'

God'dess Bless,
Stephen

:)

Elen

Hi Jane, 

Welcome!  And thank you so much for your kind intention!

I'm fairly new to EA so not equipped to answer your question in much detail.  But one thing that did come to my mind re: your question is the 2 EA methods of chart interpretation: the planetary method and the house method.  These methods are employed after the EA basics of looking first at Pluto, then the Nodes of the Moon, the rulers of the nodes and the aspects those ruling planets make. 

In the house method, you look at the house cusps and determine which planet rules it, consider the house the planet is in, the aspects it makes, etc., then look to see what planets are in the house.  In this way, you are able to develop a full picture of any given house and get a feel for the overall chart emphasis.  In your chart, your 3rd house has a stellium in Scorpio.  Also, Scorpio is on the cusp and so ruled by Pluto.  The planets in the 3rd house are: Sun, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury.  In the Placidus House system in which your chart is posted, the Sun rules your 1st, Jupiter rules your 5th, Mars is intercepted in the 8th (Pluto/Scorpio natural domain) and Mercury rules your 11th and 2nd houses.  Each of those houses will refer back to the respective planets, which are in Scorpio and so be colored by the energies of Scorpio.  So this might be one answer to your question.

Also of note, both of your nodes are ruled by planets which are themselves in Scorpio.

Hope that at least gets the ball rolling.  Perhaps others will add more or correct what I've had to say. 

If you haven't looked into it, I really recommend the DVD course that The School of Evolutionary Astrology offers.  It is really awesome. 

Wishing you well,
Ellen

Elen

Hi Jane,

I just had one more thought to share.  On this MB there's been a lot of discussion over the last couple of months re: the stages of development (consensus, individuated and spiritual).  It's been a fascinating and eye-opening discussion.  The upshot is that, depending on the evolutionary stage of development of a person, the archetypes will manifest differently.  Just thought I'd add this - not to overwhelm you (hopefully) - but pique your interest further (hopefully!)

Peace,
Ellen

Jane

Thank you Ellen for all that info.

it seems what I suspected was right, scorpio/pluto does seem to touch me in many places.

I'm assuming that you are referring to the DVD's by Kim Marie.

I have looked and they seem like a good investment.

Just now I have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you everyone for all the sharing. God bless you all.

by caring in the depths of my being, I would lead you to be more than you are

Dhyana

Hi Jane,

You know what else I have found very useful, if you have not done so already? -- that is to go to the websites that speak in EA terms and listen to the radio podcasts, or the mp3 files.

Steve Wolfson, has SOME GREAT listening on his blog.  I think he has atleast 4 to listen to, usually lasting atleast 30 minutes or more. Here is his link -- http://stevewolfson.blogspot.com/  scroll down a bit and you will then see some listening players there.

Also, Kristin Fontana, another Evolutionary Astrologer, does a weekly radio interview that is archived with past shows too! Here is that link http://www.healthylife.net/RadioShow/archiveGS.htm

And you mentioned Kim Marie too.  I know she has a "Star Lady/Media Monk" Podcast and archives on her website too. Although, she hasnt updated them lately, there still are numerous back dated podcasts that are worth listening to,  even if the transit or whatever she was addressing are passed bc you get the feel for the archetypes through the EA language, you know. I think you must already have her website bc u mentioned her. But I will leave it anyhow -  
http://www.evolutionaryastrology.net/astrology-readings-astrology-forecasts-astrology-horoscope-predictions-podcast/
And btw, I think Ellen meant the correspondence material available on this website, but I can't be sure. And I'm sure Kim Marie's is very good too.

Peace to you,
Dhyana

adina

Jane,

First, welcome to the School of EA message board!

Second, there are now several different schools out there based on the Jeffrey Wolf Green method, including Kim Marie's, but as Dhyana pointed out, we have a school here as well, which is the original school taught by Jeffrey and available on DVDs now. You can find out more about it here: http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/our-store  AND, there are quite a few DVDs by Jeffery covering different aspects of EA in detail, and many transcripts of lectures he's done over the years. One or more of these could help you get your feet wet before investing in the larger DVD sets.

There's also a lot more to check out on the main web site: articles by Jeffrey and blog entry articles by a number of EA graduates, so even though you can't find the books "down under" right now, you could at least get some of J's teachings through the articles.  The main web site is http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com  Enjoy!

Blessings,
Adina

Steve

Hi Jane

For further clarification, the School of Evolutionary Astrology (this website) offers a 27 DVD video course.  Jeffrey Wolf Green, who originated Evolutionary Astrology and wrote the Pluto Volume one and two books, originally sold a 27 tape VCR course, a recording of his first Pluto School that was taught in Arizona in 1994.  Last year we had Jeffrey's original VCR tapes digitally enhanced and converted to 27 DVD's.   You can find info on that course on the EA School's website at http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/our-store  It is the original Pluto School course that has been sold for many years now.

Kim Marie was the official representative of Jeffrey's original work for 5 or 6 years.  That relationship ended 2 or 3 years ago.  The DVD course she now offers is recordings of her teaching Pluto Schools in recent years.

Each student can decide for themselves which course feels like the right one for them.
thank you,
Steve