School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

South Node ruler & it's planetary node square lunar nodes Question

Started by Bradley J, May 03, 2010, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley J

I have a client who has north node aries 11th.  Planetary ruler of south node, Venus, is in capricorn 8th.
Venus is 5 cap. and nn is 21 aries....so, technically not a square according to many.
Yet, I kept looking at it as a square since it is squaring by house and sign and is the south node ruler.
Now, when I ran the planetary node for Venus, it's south node it at 17 cap. - which is squaring the nodes.
The south node of Venus falls just into the 9th house.  We also have south nodes of Mercury 16 cap, Jupiter 14 cap., Saturn 25 cap, pluto 20 cap.

So, there is a lot of tension from the past relative to actualizing the north node.  Pluto is currently transiting the natal Venus.
My questions are:
Would I treat this as a skipped step?
If so, integrating the north node experience thru the south node(a.k.a 'applying to south node')?
Would the skipped step be more relevant to the venus sn in 9th?  or combo of both?
Is this a skipped step that will potentially repeat relative to the 8th house square(not the 9th)?

Let me know if you need more information.
Thank you for your time.

Bradley

Rad

Hi Bradley,

"I have a client who has north node aries 11th.  Planetary ruler of south node, Venus, is in capricorn 8th.
Venus is 5 cap. and nn is 21 aries....so, technically not a square according to many. Yet, I kept looking at it as a square since it is squaring by house and sign and is the south node ruler. Now, when I ran the planetary node for Venus, it's south node it at 17 cap. - which is squaring the nodes. The south node of Venus falls just into the 9th house.  We also have south nodes of Mercury 16 cap, Jupiter 14 cap., Saturn 25 cap, pluto 20 cap. So, there is a lot of tension from the past relative to actualizing the north node.  Pluto is currently transiting the natal Venus. My questions are: Would I treat this as a skipped step?"

This is a great question on your part. And yet another reason to understand the importance of the Planetary Nodes. What we have here Bradley is a scenario in which the Soul has been, as evidenced by the S.Node of Venus, and through extension the other S.Nodes of Capricorn, squaring the Natal Nodes in this life, creating a series of recent prior lives in which the conditions, through it choices, that ARE LEADING TO THE SKIPPED STEPS archetype. In essence, if the Soul keeps making those same choices over and over it will lead to those skipped steps which are getting very close as evidenced by the natal Venus not yet in square to those Natal Nodes.

If so, integrating the north node experience thru the south node(a.k.a 'applying to south node')?
Would the skipped step be more relevant to the venus sn in 9th?  or combo of both?
Is this a skipped step that will potentially repeat relative to the 8th house square(not the 9th)?

It would be combination of both because the Soul has been trying, in essence, to learn how to stand on it's own two feet, so to speak. Trying to actualize it's own individuality, and inherent truth, by it's own efforts independent of the security of external relationships. The Soul has been learning how to be it's own teacher, and psychologically self empower within itself. There have been to many lifetimes in which the Soul has been dependant on others for it's own core sense of security and self empowerment, to dependent on others as it's teachers. Yet, cyclically, the Soul has tried to rebel from all this and to learn how to stand on it's own two feet, etc. And the Soul has thus been going back and forth in this way on a cyclic basis for many recent lifetimes. And it is now beginning to move towards a state of absolute skipped steps which can occur when the Venus is in an actual square to the Natal Nodes. It does not have to play out that way. This is a life in which if the Soul embraces the intent of fully self actualizing on its own terms, independent of external relationships, then the Soul will come back to need for relationships in a totally metamorphosed, transformed, way: the natal Venus in the 8th, relative to the N.Node in the 11th. The Soul will no longer need others to actualize itself and, thus, the orientation to others will be utterly changed from "I need you" to "I am with you simply because I want to be".

Rad

ari moshe

That was a very illuminating question and answer for me.

Rad, I have added my clarifications in parenthesis to see if I understand the basis for what you said:

QuoteIt would be combination of both because the Soul has been trying, in essence, to learn how to stand on it's own two feet, so to speak. Trying to actualize it's own individuality, and inherent truth, by it's own efforts independent of the security of external relationships (the south node of Venus in Capricorn in the 9th, squaring the lunar nodes. Naturally having been played out via the position of natal Venus in Capricorn in the 8th. Thus loosing one's inherent truth to others who sought to dominate and control).

The Soul has been learning how to be it's own teacher, and psychologically self empower within itself (same signatures as mentioned above) There have been to many lifetimes in which the Soul has been dependant on others for it's own core sense of security and self empowerment, to dependent on others as it's teachers. Yet, cyclically, the Soul has tried to rebel from all this and to learn how to stand on it's own two feet, etc. And the Soul has thus been going back and forth in this way on a cyclic basis for many recent lifetimes. And it is now beginning to move towards a state of absolute skipped steps which can occur when the Venus is in an actual square to the Natal Nodes. It does not have to play out that way. This is a life in which if the Soul embraces the intent of fully self actualizing on its own terms, independent of external relationships, then the Soul will come back to need for relationships in a totally metamorphosed, transformed, way: the natal Venus in the 8th, relative to the N.Node in the 11th. The Soul will no longer need others to actualize itself and, thus, the orientation to others will be utterly changed from "I need you" to "I am with you simply because I want to be"

And with the information we have here, the first step in resolving this skipped step would be to re-live relationship dynamics in which she has the opportunity to assert her own power and truth? (sn of venus being integrated through the lunar south node, which is ruled by venus in cap in the 8th).
Thank you

Rad

Bradley J