Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: International Old Friends, New Friends Week  (Read 592 times)
stephen

« on: May 06, 2010, 09:55 PM »

Hi Everyone,

From the Web:
"May 16–22.  A week to celebrate and make time for old friends and new friends and remember how vital friends are for our emotional and physical health and well-being..."

In the spirit of 'International Old Friends, New Friends Week' (third week of May...yes, I am early...but hey!...  Grin ), I want to say THANK YOU to all the friendly Souls on this site!

THANK YOU for the soul growth opportunities, for the support I have received and for the gift of allowing me to support others, for the inclusion and welcome I have received and for letting me open up to extend that as well, for the sharing of information and feelings and for extending a hand when I needed a lift and for allowing me to reach out a helping hand of my own...and mostly for not only helping me to open up my heart but, in the creation of this place of interchange, to learn how to try to apply my opening heart to help others...

THANK YOU for the chance to be tutored in this paradigm, so that one day I might be able to help others.  THANK YOU to JWG for EA...it is daily altering my life as I allow these principles to unfold within me...

I THANK YOU ONE AND ALL.

Blessings and Light,
and the Grace of God'dess go with You and through You...

Further, also in the spirit of this International Week (for which I am early, I know, I know Wink ), I had noticed this posting in the old EA-MB (from Friendship Week 2001), and thought if JWG considered it important enough to post, then it is important enough to bring forward.

16) hayo sent jeffrey the following email which we should all read
Posted by Jeffrey from Hayo Bol on March 15, 2001 at 09:50:27:

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

There would be:
  57 Asians
  21 Europeans
  14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
  8 Africans
  52 would be female
  48 would be male
  70 would be non-white
  30 would be white
  70 would be non-Christian
  30 would be Christian
  89 would be heterosexual
  11 would be homosexual
  6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth
     and all 6 would be from the United States.
  80 would live in substandard housing
  70 would be unable to read
  50 would suffer from malnutrition
  1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
  1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
  1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.

The following is also something to ponder...

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare, even in the United States and Canada.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Someone once said: What goes around comes around.
  Work like you don't need the money.
  Love like you've never been hurt.
  Dance like nobody's watching.
  Sing like nobody's listening.
  Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

It's National Friendship Week.
Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.
Pass this on, and brighten someone's day.

Nothing will happen if you do not decide to pass it along.  The only thing that will happen, if you DO pass it on, is that someone might smile because of you.

Happy friendship week everyone!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video