School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

When is healing possible, not possible?

Started by ari moshe, May 03, 2010, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen

Hi Stephen,

Hope you don't mind me popping in here on this discussion. Steve's explanation was excellent! 

Is this an inherent Soul-trait, which you either have been given...or have not?  Or, is this a capacity in all Souls, which can be increased in those who have 'aligned themselves with doing God/Goddess intent'?  This would seem to be invaluable for truly helping a Soul during counseling.
  Can such a trait be increased by diet, body-cleansing, hong-sau meditation, etc...  Any pointers on this?

As I understand it, this capacity is really a function of evolution / expansion of consciousness itself, and one that is the development of intuition as Yogananda described it in the Gita. One can BE "aligned with doing God/Goddess intent" and still not have that capacity. As far as Wolf originally explained it (and I understand it), this can BEGIN to happen sometime in 1st stage spiritual, and then this increases as one's consciousness expands, to the point that someone like Krishna, Jesus, Yogananda, could see ALL the lifetimes of the souls they helped. Within this, of course, effort must be made TO expand one's consciousness, which results, then, in increasing degrees of this capacity; i.e., from seeing one or two pertinent lifetimes, to being able to see all, but only, those lifetimes that are pertinent to the current life, to ALL lifetimes that the Avatars can see.

Still, as always, the underlying "condition" for any capacity is simply to desire God first, to seek God first, then one develops / is given the capacities necessary for their own evolution and their particular "mission" on behalf of and as defined by God'dess.

Blessings,
Adina

Hi Adina!

Never ever do I mind the 'popping.'  (Welcome it...actually.)

...is given the capacities necessary for their own evolution and their particular "mission" on behalf of and as defined by God'dess.

Oh yes, that makes perfect sense...

Thank you Adina.

Blessings,
Stephen

Steve

Hi Stephen

QuoteIts a matter of tuning in to the unique vibration of that particular Soul.  Souls who have that capacity, those who have aligned themselves with doing God/Goddess intent, do not abuse that capability.

Quoteis this a capacity in all Souls,

Yes, this is a potential capacity in all Souls, to see much more of the totality of what is in front of them.

Quotewhich can be increased in those who have 'aligned themselves with doing God/Goddess intent'?
I have an issue with a subtle twist you snuck in through the way you worded this, as you put it "which can be increased".  You see, the wording reveals it is the personality, the ego, that is desiring to increase its personal powers.  The desire is pure - a desire to serve in a more effective way.  None the less, by desiring to increase a particular ability, an underlying motivation is revealed.

The difference is, a purer impulse would be to simply desire to align self ever more with doing God/Goddess intent.  Then that ability, the desire to be able to see into the past of the Souls in front of it, would either manifest over time, or not.  The knowing would be, if it appears it is a gift given to assist with the God/dess intended work.  If it does not, it is simply not part of what is intended for the present time (or lifetime).

A parable from Ramaksrishna comes to mind.  A man came to Ramakrishna and said "it's taken me 40 years but I have finally learned how to walk on water".  Ramakrishna said "What a pity.   You could have taken a boat for two rupees and spent the 40 years meditating on God".

Another way this is explained in the east is "phenomena, phenomena, phenomena", which means, these powers, skills, abilities are not the end goal in themselves.  When looked at in those ways, they become yet another separating desire that must be released from.  The idea is to focus on the root, not the manifestation.

QuoteCan such a trait be increased by diet, body-cleansing, hong-sau meditation, etc...

The point of doing purifications is to purify, not to try to attain an end result from the purification process.   The whole point of purification is to release attachment to anything personal, to surrender to the higher intents.  Thus desiring to achieve this or that is just one more attachment we need to drop.  We each are given what is appropriate at this time to assist with the Soul work we are intended to do.

In terms of how to drop these attachments, that is the whole point of the post I wrote on how to deepen self, and how difficult it is to change.  You might want to look at it again, with this in mind.  The subtle attitude I am pointing out is a perfect example of a deeply existing pattern that is subtle, embedded, and difficult to change.  The recent talk about total self honesty - that means facing these difficult places within us.

The goal is to align the sense of self-identification with the Soul not personality.  As that is progressively accomplished, possibly over thousands of years, the rest simply happens.  You can't isolate it to specific practices in a single lifetime.  If you are doing these practices with an end in mind, to attain an ability like past life viewing, you have an agenda, a desired outcome.  What happens if you've done the practices intently for 60 years, your life is ending, and the ability has not appeared?  We have to be prepared to spend 10, 20, 30 lifetimes if necessary. Not seeking an ability, but seeking to align ourselves ever more with Soul and divine intent.

That is much closer to the way things really work.
Steve

stephen

THANK YOU STEVE...

First, I literally fell right out of my chair laughing! and had to touch my forehead to the floor in absolute gratitude when I read:
  I have an issue with a subtle twist you snuck in through the way you worded this, as you put it "which can be increased".  You see, the wording reveals it is the personality, the ego, that is desiring to increase its personal powers.

Oh man!...that is exactly what I need...that honesty.  NO ONE in my current life will respond to me with such honesty other than the Souls that I have met on this board.  I truly honestly humbly gratefully thank you.

The desire is pure - a desire to serve in a more effective way.  None the less, by desiring to increase a particular ability, an underlying motivation is revealed.  The difference is, a purer impulse would be to simply desire to align self ever more with doing God/Goddess intent.  Then that ability, the desire to be able to see into the past of the Souls in front of it, would either manifest over time, or not.  The knowing would be, if it appears it is a gift given to assist with the God/dess intended work.  If it does not, it is simply not part of what is intended for the present time (or lifetime).

So clear...THANK YOU.

I just broke into tears...  Thank you for caring enough to be honest.

A parable from Ramaksrishna comes to mind.  A man came to Ramakrishna and said "it's taken me 40 years but I have finally learned how to walk on water".  Ramakrishna said "What a pity.   You could have taken a boat for two rupees and spent the 40 years meditating on God".

Beautiful...

Another way this is explained in the east is "phenomena, phenomena, phenomena", which means, these powers, skills, abilities are not the end goal in themselves.  When looked at in those ways, they become yet another separating desire that must be released from.  The idea is to focus on the root, not the manifestation.
  The point of doing purifications is to purify, not to try to attain an end result from the purification process.   The whole point of purification is to release attachment to anything personal, to surrender to the higher intents.  Thus desiring to achieve this or that is just one more attachment we need to drop.  We each are given what is appropriate at this time to assist with the Soul work we are intended to do.

I currently purify with an ego goal...not to be a better channel.  Oh so true...  What is needed for my path will be provided if it is necessary...yes.  Purify...but then drop the attachment to even the act of purification...purify from THAT...

In terms of how to drop these attachments, that is the whole point of the post I wrote on how to deepen self, and how difficult it is to change.  You might want to look at it again, with this in mind.    I will.    The subtle attitude I am pointing out is a perfect example of a deeply existing pattern that is subtle, embedded, and difficult to change.  The recent talk about total self honesty - that means facing these difficult places within us.

I honestly have trouble seeing some/most/almost all? of those difficult places within me.  However, I now know myself to have the strength to face them when they arise.  (Is that statement self-delusion, as well?)

The goal is to align the sense of self-identification with the Soul not personality.  As that is progressively accomplished, possibly over thousands of years, the rest simply happens.  You can't isolate it to specific practices in a single lifetime.  If you are doing these practices with an end in mind, to attain an ability like past life viewing, you have an agenda, a desired outcome.    Yes...very clear.    What happens if you've done the practices intently for 60 years, your life is ending, and the ability has not appeared?  We have to be prepared to spend 10, 20, 30 lifetimes if necessary. Not seeking an ability, but seeking to align ourselves ever more with Soul and divine intent.
  That is much closer to the way things really work.

I am so glad I posted that in exactly the way that I did, so that you could show it back to me. 

THANK YOU again, Steve.  This is so the right place...
(Gosh, this self-delusion thing is...   Well, it is...isn't it?)

I totally just started laughing again!!

WOW...  I guess...there is always room for one more 'Thank You'!   LOL

Blessings,
Stephen

(Please keep helping/teaching in this way.  It is a true gift.)

Steve

Stephen

QuoteHowever, I now know myself to have the strength to face them when they arise.  (Is that statement self-delusion, as well?)

No, because if it was self-delusion you would not be receiving what was said with humility and sincerity.   You would be projecting crap back on me and complaining to everyone who would listen about the arrogant people on the message board.

That you ask the questions you do, and that you come back for more again and again demonstrates where your desire nature is at.

Every one of us has places we don't want to see or look at, feel like we are farther along that we really are, etc.   These are universal human conditions.   Wolf would say since all things originate from God, what does this say about the actual nature of God, when all people have these same traits.  His answer is it points to the inherent imperfection in God itself.  And we judge ourselves using a patriarchal standard of God perfection which no human anywhere throughout time has ever lived up to.  Thus the need to be very kind to ourselves, to recognize how difficult it is to walk this path.  And to recommit to it again and again, no matter how many times we stray or fall down.   To pick self back up and get back on the pathway, that is the way.  In the end, however long it takes, mastery over self is assured.  Its just that it takes a long time - that has to be accepted. 
Steve

Dhyana

Quote from: Steve on May 13, 2010, 05:49 PM

QuoteThus the need to be very kind to ourselves, to recognize how difficult it is to walk this path.  And to recommit to it again and again, no matter how many times we stray or fall down.   To pick self back up and get back on the pathway, that is the way.  In the end, however long it takes, mastery over self is assured.  Its just that it takes a long time - that has to be accepted.  
Steve

Yes! ...and "1000 times a day" if that is what it takes.

thank you steve
thank you stephen

love dhyana

stephen

Steve,

Thank You.

No, because if it was self-delusion you would not be receiving what was said with humility and sincerity.   You would be projecting crap back on me and complaining to everyone who would listen about the arrogant people on the message board.

After my real emotional internal response to your previous post, I now know that I really NEED this, Steve.  Yesterday I was actually dancing around the house, with a sense of deep joy, which I have not felt deep-down in years...and didn't really know I hadn't felt it until it came back....  This seems deeper than 'me' if you know what I mean.  It is imperative that I come to complete truth with myself.  I know this is an EA Message Board, to disseminate the original teachings of JWG's EA...and I thank you for taking the time to help us with these other kinds of issues as they arise for us.  To be an EA Student is to be an EA Client...it seems.

That you ask the questions you do, and that you come back for more again and again demonstrates where your desire nature is at.
  Every one of us has places we don't want to see or look at, feel like we are farther along that we really are, etc.   These are universal human conditions.   Wolf would say since all things originate from God, what does this say about the actual nature of God, when all people have these same traits.  His answer is it points to the inherent imperfection in God itself.  And we judge ourselves using a patriarchal standard of God perfection which no human anywhere throughout time has ever lived up to.  Thus the need to be very kind to ourselves, to recognize how difficult it is to walk this path.  And to recommit to it again and again, no matter how many times we stray or fall down.   To pick self back up and get back on the pathway, that is the way.  In the end, however long it takes, mastery over self is assured.  Its just that it takes a long time - that has to be accepted.

On this part: "Every one of us has places we don't want to see or look at"  ...I was about to ask, 'How do I actively go to look into these places?' or 'How can I activate these areas so that I can integrate what is there, now that I feel strong enough to face it as it arises?'  But then, is that the same situation as before...I am trying to increase/accelerate something which has its own timing as per Natural Law?  What is...is...?  Let it arise of its own?  Face it as it comes, on its own timing?

Thanks.

Blessings,
Stephen

It is what it is.