Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whose qualified to do astrology readings?  (Read 2215 times)
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 02:43 PM »

I am praying that if it is appropriate for my path, I learn how to be of positive help to others.  I try to support their self-image and try not to undermine their own sense of stability

Trust that God'dess will speak through you if you don't have your own agenda, and sincerely want to help.

Hi Stephen,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and process on this.  I always so appreciate and relate to everything you say.  I quoted above what I especially resonated to in your post.  And you also talked about reading counselling books to refine your intuitive skills.  For me, too, it is really about preparing myself, and I forget that and get lost in the, I need to already be it, syndrome.  So thank you for your reminder.

Peace
Ellen
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 03:55 PM »

What I just realized reading these posts is that it's my responsibility in fact to not take them on. Their words are saying "i want a reading" but their soul is saying "i dont have any interest in learning about my evolutionary dynamics". It's my job to listen to their soul as best as I can.

ari moshe

Yes, this is so helpful, Ari.  Thank you.  Rad & Pam talked about showing people the door.  And I think that's absolutely right.  But I find myself feeling uncomfortable doing that, like I'm being unkind or something, or I've promised something and now I'm not going to follow through on it. 

Things to think about.  Growth to be done.

Peace,
Ellen

Ellen, Rad, Pam and Ari,

A friend of mine recently wanted me to give her son a reading over the phone, which I did. He had NO questions and just replied with an offhand "yes" every now and then. After reading this thread, I will thankfully not be doing readings like that again.

However, the readings or "talks" I have being having with my friend over a number of years have been of immense value to her, and recently she sent me a donation which I accepted. Other people pay me by donation also - and I feel it is right to accept. 

At first I felt like you did Ellen in that I thought I was just a beginner, but really when you consider the considerable amount of time we've put into learning and relearning this paradigm, we need to just begin this work and accept something in return for our effort.  I view my work as a spiritual service (not a business) to others who wish to learn about the soul and evolution.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 04:33 PM »

Ellen, Rad, Pam and Ari,

A friend of mine recently wanted me to give her son a reading over the phone, which I did. He had NO questions and just replied with an offhand "yes" every now and then. After reading this thread, I will thankfully not be doing readings like that again.

However, the readings or "talks" I have being having with my friend over a number of years have been of immense value to her, and recently she sent me a donation which I accepted. Other people pay me by donation also - and I feel it is right to accept. 

At first I felt like you did Ellen in that I thought I was just a beginner, but really when you consider the considerable amount of time we've put into learning and relearning this paradigm, we need to just begin this work and accept something in return for our effort.  I view my work as a spiritual service (not a business) to others who wish to learn about the soul and evolution.

Thank you so much, Linda, for sharing your experience and offering your encouragement.   It is so helpful to hear how you and others have responded to these same questions/concerns/worries/experiences/etc.  I feel truly blessed to be a part of this community.

Peace,
Ellen
PamS

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 04:58 PM »

Wow what a great threat, so interesting and Im am grateful for everyones expressivness,

I also wanted to say that when I say no to people it is very clear that I do so... I have had people who are psychic junkies who think they are not supose to say a word, and you cannot know about how they are going to respond until you have a reading for them...I usually cut the reading shorter and say to them that one reading is more than enough and I do not do follow up work..  I had a woman who did not say a word for 90 minuets but she had a few very specific questions then she bought readings for friends and told me that I changed her consciouness....   I was dumfounded, she was a heavy scorpio/ heavy 2nd house... she was very introverted...  

The people I do not read for are people who have so much anxiety and argue with me in the pre-reading phone conversations....I had someone a few weeks ago who literally argued about everything I was saying to her,  It was very  clear to me that she wanted someone to tell her what to do, I very graciously said that I did not feel comfortable with reading for her  as it is my experience that when someone is that anxious, then a reading  not a good idea...  

hope thats helps,

pam

also for very ernest clients who need some kind of psychic/chanelling work done I have a few people I recommend..

Rose Marcus is an EA astrologer as well as psychic astrologer.. I have recommended her to prospective clients who are in need for psychic work....

i know my limits and I am happy to give some else the work!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:58 PM by PamS » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: