Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yod  (Read 2340 times)
ari moshe
Most Active Member

Yod
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:26 PM »

Hello all,

I am stumped when it comes to interpreting the yod. What confuses me are the phases. We may have a gibbous phase quincunx from one planet to the apex planet, and yet another gibbous phase quincunx from the apex planet to the other planet int he yod.

(example: Satrn at apex, gibbous phase quincunx to Pluto AND Venus on the other end, sextile Pluto and gibbous phase quincunx to Saturn)

Thank you for your guidance.
Ari Moshe
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44 PM »

I'm sorry- I meant to add more clarification to that.

My question is: to interpret that, is it simply a matter of taking it a part bit by bit (ie saturn pluto gibbous quincunx, and so on) and then putting it all together.
General example:

-saturn Pluto gibbous quincunx= crisis that is meant to induce humility for the soul in order to develop a sense of responsibility that is rooted in source, not in ego.

-Venus Saturn gibbous quincunx= crisis leads to adjustments made in relationship to self in order to appropriately honor one's internal value system in the context of one's society, gender, social reality etc.

-Venus last quarter sextile to Pluto= the intent to evolve via inner/outer relationship dynamics that is now understood very clearly by the soul, and thus can be embraced and easily acted upon if the soul chooses to do so.

Is it accurate to say, in general, to be archetypal about it, that this soul will create crisis that focus itself on their social role (saturn at apex) the nature of these crisis originating from the soul's desire to evolve it's sense of authority to a higher vibration and be necessarily humbled (saturn Pluto gibbous) which itself will be triggered by the personal relationships and the value systems that then manifest various people in the soul's life- that will challenge the soul to adjust imbalanced power dynamics in relationship (saturn Venus gibbous). and the Venus Pluto phase indicating an awareness of these very evolutionary dynamics?
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:11 AM »

Hi Ari

perhaps this will help as a starting pont.  Taken from Jeffrey's workshop Aspects, Phases, and Key Planetary Pairs in 1987:
----------------------------
YOD

This is another very problematic pattern, the double inconjunct linked with the sextile. This was originally called a "Finger of God". This implies a feeling of destiny; a trusting of the intuition so that when you come to the “y” in the road you would know which way to go. The deeper issue is that commonly people with this pattern experience tremendous frustration. The yod promotes a knowing, a vision, an awareness from on high that is not necessarily consciously defined. It is like a telephone line inconjunct to God and receiving message that somehow seen utterly unrelated to your current circumstances or reality which then sets in motion this tremendous level of analysis in which you are now focusing on all the imperfections and lacks of your reality contrasted now with this vision from on high. So life always seems somehow less than right. It either leads to perpetual or transitory bitchiness, complaints, something's always wrong, or making crises where none need to exist. It can lead into negative self-concepts because, in their own evaluation, they cannot actualize the vision from on high. The inconiuncts focus on the issue of humility, personal and social limitations. The person is now analyzing themselves mercilessly and now comparing themselves, full phase/gibbous phase, to the authority on high. Of course they are going to seem less than adequate. So they never feel quite ready to implement or actualize the vision from on high. It is always held in the head.

Audience: Since the yod contains stress, what is the relief?

Jeffrey: It creates a really highly tuned electrical system because it is so tight. The midpoint in the sextile/opposition point of the focus of the yod is called the boomerang point.

Audience: What does that do? Does it bring in more information from on high or does it....... ?

Jeffrey: The boomerang point, of itself, is never activated unless there is a planet at that midpoint, thus creating an opposition. If there is, then there is a natural coming and going, coming and going.

Audience: What if that is a person? Venus? As sort of the symbol of whom you choose to be with?

Jeffrey: Well, you can draw a partner who keeps throwing your shit back at you. Or they mirror your shit. At the same time, they can mirror your potential, and yet you are experiencing the frustration of not being able to achieve it.

Audience: It seems that the planet on the ends of those two inconjuncts is doubly stressed.

Jeffrey: Yes, but where that planet is manifesting by House and Sign is exactly the area where this vision on high is meant to be expressed. That is the point. Through that function or area. So, the solution of the yod is to realize that the path to perfection simply occurs through action, one step at a time. Clearly, this kind of pattern is emphasizing the evolutionary necessity for humility from an egocentric point of view.

Audience: So you are listening to God instead of yourself.

Jeffrey: Yes. What you are actually trying to do, from another point of view, is to shift the very center of gravity in your consciousness and that means in this kind of culture from the left brain to the right brain, from deductive logic to inductive logic, from empirical to intuitive.

Audience: If you have a septile instead of a sextile, is it still a yod?

Jeffrey: Technically, no. But, in the way I do astrology, yes. Technically, the answer is no, in reality, the answer is yes.

adina

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:10 AM »

Ari,

Here's another explanation - but about the inconjunct - from JWG from a former audio tape: The Karma of Relationships, and from Pluto, Vol. 2. These are similar, of course, to what Steve posted, but sometimes a little different wording helps our understanding, as well as approaching it first from the single inconjunct.

********************************************************************************

The Inconjunct: The Most Misunderstood Aspect

The meaning, the definition, of the inconjunct is to realign your sense of personal identity or ego with a higher will or ego called God. and until you do so you have a crisis equaling the inability to manifest what you sense is a possibility or purpose for your life.

The nature of an inconjunct is to teach humility at an egocentric level. The way it teaches the humility is to experience a sense of powerlessness or a core sense of inferiority in which you don't feel you're quite ready or good enough to do what your higher mind is suggesting that you can do; and until the conscious linkage is made with a higher power (we can call that God), you are blocked.

The Virgo inconjunct (150 degrees) creates a feeling of inferiority. It can equal the archetype of masochism, leading to the sacrificing of one's own ego to a larger whole. A larger whole can even mean a person's needs.

The Scorpio inconjunct (210 degrees - you've already had the sense of inner power. you already know you can do it, but where the adjustment occurs, where the humility occurs, is that social circumstances will conspire in such a way as to block you until you make this linkage, until you learn to listen to that social sphere in such a way as how to integrate it on THEIR terms, not yours.

The nature of the inconjunction (either one), archetypically, is to create crisis. Crisis thus becomes the specific experience through which the individual comes to understandwhat the evolutionary lessons are.

How does the Yod relate?  
You're just magnifying the archetype.That's why in old-time astrology it was called the Finger of God.

bluesky
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:49 AM »

Adina, thanks for posting about the quinqunx aspect. I had earlier added to this thread asking about that very matter then deleted it, deciding I could just get the meaning from one of my EA books.

I did, but you have elaborated on this a very meaningful way.

thanks again.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 01:51 PM »

Hi All,

Just wondering what is considered an acceptable orb for the inconjunct from an EA perspective?

Thanks,
Ellen
adina

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:04 PM »

Wolf used a 5-degree orb. I've used that orb since learning EA and have found it sure does work!
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:08 PM »

Thanks Adina.

Ellen
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:47 PM »

Thank you Steve and Adina for this info.

So I'm going to go slowly here (yod= one step at a time)

Jeffrey: Yes, but where that planet is manifesting by House and Sign is exactly the area where this vision on high is meant to be expressed. That is the point. Through that function or area. So, the solution of the yod is to realize that the path to perfection simply occurs through action, one step at a time. Clearly, this kind of pattern is emphasizing the evolutionary necessity for humility from an egocentric point of view.

Audience: So you are listening to God instead of yourself.

Jeffrey: Yes. What you are actually trying to do, from another point of view, is to shift the very center of gravity in your consciousness and that means in this kind of culture from the left brain to the right brain, from deductive logic to inductive logic, from empirical to intuitive. 

So whatever planet is at the apex of the yod, that planet signifies where, adjustment, surrender, slowing down, humbling has to take place in order to allow the particular spiritual purpose- as dictated and intended by Creator, to manifest. What happens in this process is that a soul learns how to let go and let god. So we can say, that the yod- by its very nature is very Virgo/Pisces.

The Virgo inconjunct (150 degrees) creates a feeling of inferiority. It can equal the archetype of masochism, leading to the sacrificing of one's own ego to a larger whole. A larger whole can even mean a person's needs

Does he mean to say "sacrificing one's personal needs to the larger whole?"

The Scorpio inconjunct (210 degrees - you've already had the sense of inner power. you already know you can do it, but where the adjustment occurs, where the humility occurs, is that social circumstances will conspire in such a way as to block you until you make this linkage, until you learn to listen to that social sphere in such a way as how to integrate it on THEIR terms, not yours.

So does this facet of the yod, the full phase inconjunct, relate to where there is a tendency of a soul to resists adjustments on the basis of not wanting to loose the power that has already been gained? It seems that a soul learns humility through this inconjunct by way of realizing that they are not in harmony with others and letting go of them self.

Can we do a few practice charts with yod signatures- one at a time- to practice?
Thank you so much,
Ari Moshe

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2010, 10:08 AM »

Hi Ari,

To understand anything in astrology is to understand the individual context of any Soul. One size does not fit all. Thus, the inconjuncts do have their archetypal meaning, yet that meaning must be fit to the individual context of any Soul.

What Wolf taught about the full phase, Scorpio, inconjunct is that the Soul will experience humility, blockage, from the external environment if the Soul attempt to IMPOSE itself on that environment relative the two planets that are in this full phase inconjunct in their chart. The intention in that blockage is to force the Soul to objectify the nature of the environment that it is in in order to understand what that environments needs. In essence it would be a change in the inner orientation from showing up in some environment with an inner attitude that said "I am here to help" to "how can I help the environment that I find myself within". This underlying issue here is opening up to a larger will, not just coming from a place of one's own will. Until this inner adjustment is made the Soul will experience crisis in that it will experience blockage from the environment from being able to apply, actualize, fulfill, it's own inner sense of being able to help the environment, of being of service to it, relative to the sense of purpose 'from on high' as symbolized in the two planets in this full phase inconjunct. The Soul is 'full of itself' in this full phase inconjunct, and wants to actualize or express whatever it is from 'on high' in the environments that it is in. It feels ready and able. 

The Gibbous phase inconjunct, Virgo, is very different than this. In this inconjunct the Soul will inwardly feel that it has something special to do in order to help the environment in some way, of being of service to it in order to help it, yet will inwardly feel not ready, good enough, or perfect enough in order to actualize or fulfill it. Thus, the Soul will find a variety of rational reasons, excuses, of why it will not, can not, do what it feels inwardly drawn to do. The very nature of this type of inconjunct, in the Gibbous phase, is an archetype of self improvement which implies a conscious awareness of that which  needs to be improved for it's own evolutionary reasons. Thus, this creates a psychological sense of lack, of that which is not 'perfected' and needs to be improved upon. Typically, this archetype also creates an awareness within the Soul of others who have, or are doing, the same or similar tasks or functions that it feels inwardly drawn to do itself. This awareness can then reinforce the inner sense of not being ready as the Soul compares itself to these others who are perceived to be more perfect or ready than the Soul itself. All this occurs in order for the Soul to know or remember that there is a larger force, or God, behind whatever the special task, function, or capacity is that the Soul is aware of within itself. Thus, the challenge for the Soul is to inwardly align, consciously, with that higher will, or God, so that whatever the task, capacity, or function is is actualized via that conscious alignment. In essence, to realize that God is the doer, and that the path to 'perfection' occurs one step at a time.

I do remember Wolf saying that he had an exact inconjunct between his Mercury in Scorpio and Uranus in Gemini: a Gibbous phase inconjunct. And his 1st House Mercury was inconjunct his 12th House Jupiter. He said that the first Pluto book, the entire paradigm of EA, was put into his Soul, consciousness, in a dream. The symbolism is perfect for this. And, of course, he was instructed or empowered to write this book for anyone who could benefit by it. Yet he kept making excuses, for four or five years, of why he could not write the book. All the excuses certainly sounded like rationale reasons of course. Among them was not having enough  money to take off from his counseling work. He needed to keep working. One day a women showed and asked him how much he needed to get by in order to write the book. He told her how much that would be. She gave him the money. He had no more excuses. Yet the money would only last about two months. As it turned out, Wolf wrote the entire first Pluto book in those two months: by hand. I remember him saying too that as he finally sat to write the book that the book literally wrote itself. That he was learning the material himself as it was being written. And that, at times, the material was coming into his consciousness so quickly that he would end up with his hand in knots because he could not keep up with it.

Well of course the book got written in this way, and, as they say, the rest is history. It speaks for itself in terms of how this Gibbous phase inconjunct manifested in his context.

Rad

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2010, 06:46 PM »

Hi Rad,

I'm almost to tears reading this over again. Thank you for sharing such a clear description of these archetypes. The way this is information is unfolding for me is really something else.

I would like to ask some questions and comments to clarify/solidify my understanding...

To understand anything in astrology is to understand the individual context of any Soul. One size does not fit all. Thus, the inconjuncts do have their archetypal meaning, yet that meaning must be fit to the individual context of any Soul.

What Wolf taught about the full phase, Scorpio, inconjunct is that the Soul will experience humility, blockage, from the external environment if the Soul attempt to IMPOSE itself on that environment relative the two planets that are in this full phase inconjunct in their chart. The intention in that blockage is to force the Soul to objectify the nature of the environment that it is in in order to understand what that environments needs. In essence it would be a change in the inner orientation from showing up in some environment with an inner attitude that said "I am here to help" to "how can I help the environment that I find myself within". This underlying issue here is opening up to a larger will, not just coming from a place of one's own will. Until this inner adjustment is made the Soul will experience crisis in that it will experience blockage from the environment from being able to apply, actualize, fulfill, it's own inner sense of being able to help the environment, of being of service to it, relative to the sense of purpose 'from on high' as symbolized in the two planets in this full phase inconjunct. The Soul is 'full of itself' in this full phase inconjunct, and wants to actualize or express whatever it is from 'on high' in the environments that it is in. It feels ready and able. 

You wrote that a soul has to objectify the nature of that enviroment as opposed to showing up and imposing itself on the enviroment. Is there also an element of "letting go and letting God" as in just showing up and faithfully, patiently waiting for the conditions to be right? Or do all inconjuncts always require active effort on the part of the soul?

The Gibbous phase inconjunct, Virgo, is very different than this. In this inconjunct the Soul will inwardly feel that it has something special to do in order to help the environment in some way, of being of service to it in order to help it, yet will inwardly feel not ready, good enough, or perfect enough in order to actualize or fulfill it. Thus, the Soul will find a variety of rational reasons, excuses, of why it will not, can not, do what it feels inwardly drawn to do. The very nature of this type of inconjunct, in the Gibbous phase, is an archetype of self improvement which implies a conscious awareness of that which  needs to be improved for it's own evolutionary reasons. Thus, this creates a psychological sense of lack, of that which is not 'perfected' and needs to be improved upon. Typically, this archetype also creates an awareness within the Soul of others who have, or are doing, the same or similar tasks or functions that it feels inwardly drawn to do itself. This awareness can then reinforce the inner sense of not being ready as the Soul compares itself to these others who are perceived to be more perfect or ready than the Soul itself. All this occurs in order for the Soul to know or remember that there is a larger force, or God, behind whatever the special task, function, or capacity is that the Soul is aware of within itself. Thus, the challenge for the Soul is to inwardly align, consciously, with that higher will, or God, so that whatever the task, capacity, or function is is actualized via that conscious alignment. In essence, to realize that God is the doer, and that the path to 'perfection' occurs one step at a time.

I notice that there is often an actual awareness that one is in fact NOT very skilled at that which they are being called to do. Is it true to say that by simply taking one step at a time, the soul will develop the skills it needs in order to be of service in just the way that Source intends? Otherwise, I imagine the soul will always think it needs to "train more" or "learn more" or whatever more, according to the planets involved. The phrase "letting go and letting God" also feels true here.

I do remember Wolf saying that he had an exact inconjunct between his Mercury in Scorpio and Uranus in Gemini: a Gibbous phase inconjunct. And his 1st House Mercury was inconjunct his 12th House Jupiter.

Do you mean CONJUNCT his Jupiter- both of which were inconjunct Uranus?

He said that the first Pluto book, the entire paradigm of EA, was put into his Soul, consciousness, in a dream. The symbolism is perfect for this. And, of course, he was instructed or empowered to write this book for anyone who could benefit by it. Yet he kept making excuses, for four or five years, of why he could not write the book. All the excuses certainly sounded like rationale reasons of course. Among them was not having enough  money to take off from his counseling work. He needed to keep working. One day a women showed and asked him how much he needed to get by in order to write the book. He told her how much that would be. She gave him the money. He had no more excuses. Yet the money would only last about two months. As it turned out, Wolf wrote the entire first Pluto book in those two months: by hand. I remember him saying too that as he finally sat to write the book that the book literally wrote itself. That he was learning the material himself as it was being written. And that, at times, the material was coming into his consciousness so quickly that he would end up with his hand in knots because he could not keep up with it.

It seems that by getting out of one's perpetual state of "not readiness" God does indeed make it work in just the way it needs to.

Well of course the book got written in this way, and, as they say, the rest is history. It speaks for itself in terms of how this Gibbous phase inconjunct manifested in his context. 

Really, thank you for sharing that example, that was very clarifying for me.

With Love,
Ari Moshe
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2010, 09:29 AM »

Hi Ari,

"You wrote that a soul has to objectify the nature of that enviroment as opposed to showing up and imposing itself on the enviroment. Is there also an element of "letting go and letting God" as in just showing up and faithfully, patiently waiting for the conditions to be right? Or do all inconjuncts always require active effort on the part of the soul?"

The key here is for the Soul to allow the environment that it is in, relative to the function of the full phase inconjunct, to show the Soul what is needed from it relative to the function or capacity that the Soul has that can benefit that environment. So even if the Soul is not in any way consciously identifying with God as the 'doer' .... letting go and letting God.....by allowing the 'larger forces' of the environment itself to show the way this is a defacto manifestation of that. Every thing the Soul does requires choices. Thus, the choices themselves correlate to an active effort on the part of the Soul.

"I notice that there is often an actual awareness that one is in fact NOT very skilled at that which they are being called to do. Is it true to say that by simply taking one step at a time, the soul will develop the skills it needs in order to be of service in just the way that Source intends? Otherwise, I imagine the soul will always think it needs to "train more" or "learn more" or whatever more, according to the planets involved. The phrase "letting go and letting God" also feels true here."

Yes, by taking one step at a time. And each step that is taken allows for the 'larger forces', or God, to manifest through the Soul because of those actions. This is why I used the example of JWG writing the first Pluto book. By simply putting the pen on the paper the book began to write itself.

"Do you mean CONJUNCT his Jupiter- both of which were inconjunct Uranus?"

Yes.

"It seems that by getting out of one's perpetual state of "not readiness" God does indeed make it work in just the way it needs to."

Yes, this is so true.

God Bless, Rad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video