School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Oil (Gush) Spill

Started by Dhyana, May 30, 2010, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhyana

I have had so much fear in my body around this oil spill. It is affecting me very deeply. I can feel the energy of hopelessnes and even existential angst around this. There is also a lot of fear being experinced for the future of the young children of the world and of course my own children... and the aquatic life and birds etc. I feel like my heart is being torn up. (I do have a 1st house Saturn in Pisces).

Are many of you feeling this as intensely?

The emotional upheaval is so pronounced in my physical body, and I am looking for some balance here? I also am well aware  that Lucifer is presently transiting in Cancer, and the emotional torment I am experiencing coupled with the sense of futility and hopelessness and "what's the use" kind of thing is common with this transiting placement. I would sense this being part of the experience I, or others might be having?

Steve, you are always so good with this kind of thing...

May All Being Everywhere Know Themself As They Actually Are
3~
Dhyana

Dhyana

I am also noting a "paranoid" kind of "conspiracy" type of fear being generated"-- Hard to explain. (my Neptune/Mercury in ScorpioH9, kind of thing?)
-----------------

I am sure MANY a sensative soul is experiencing very similar things that I have mentioned in these two posts, so I felt this an important topic to intiate, not simply for "myself", u know?

Dhyana

Dhyana

Rad had told me that Uranus was ignighting my entire chart, and that I would be experiencing the sense that every area of my life could fall apart at any moment. I can see how this relates to this too, and how I can use it to feed the egoic experience. This is a fine line.

I am so grateful that he explained this to me, because I am allowing what is happening in a way that perhaps I wouldnt be able to allow before.  And noticing that I am able to let these emotional states pierce me, all the way to the core--  And bc this oil spill is so huge and so out of my control, I am able to clearly see that the only option is to be pierced.

With the knowledge that something like this is so utterly out of any personal control, there is an utter surrender to  a Higher Will, through the emotiional body and then straight through THE HEART! (I hope this is coming across) --and what is ending up happening is such a huge surrender of personal control, of my personal will to the Will --(the Will of God, or Goddess or whatever one might want to call it).

Throughout the day, all day, I have been letting this experience I have described above in deeper and deeper without a personal will  --allowing it to really pierce my heart, but without an egoisitic overlay or a personal dramatization -- just the pure intensity in the emotional body... ( i hope this is making sense)

There is a wide open HEART, and I cannot own it!

If one closes out the pain, one also closes off this LOVE...

Dhyana

Steve

Hi Dhyana

More than a little of what you are feeling is the collective angst.

We have conditions on this planet now where giant corporations for all practical purposes have taken over most governments, through the influence of their money on legislators.  These corporations obviously do not have anyone's interests except their own in mind. 

The leaking well in the Gulf is most symbolic of the situation the human race (and the planet) finds itself in.  We all know the way of life that everyone in the western world has adopted is not sustainable, long term, because it is fueled by using up, within 200 or 300 years, all the excess resources the planet has been storing for well over a billion years.  It has resulted in a human population beyond what the earth has the capacity to sustain, food and land wise.  And yet the population keeps going up, making it ever more difficult and extreme.

The definition of a nuclear explosion is when an irresistible force meets an immovable object.  The immovable object is the collective refusal of the human race to change its ways to any significant degree.   The irresistible force is "reality" - simple math - what we are doing is not sustainable.   The problem is not any one individual, its the collective desire nature of the seven billion humans and that impact on the totality of earth (including all other species).  No one wants to see their loved ones harmed or suffering.  No one wants to see mass devastation of any sort.  But given the path we are on and our collective refusal to change, the handwriting is on the wall.  If you insist on setting the Titanic on a course that points at a giant iceberg, no matter how far away that iceberg is sooner or later you are going to have a collision.  The band is playing on the deck is only going to paper over the shock for a moment.

Things like leaking oil well poisoning life in a vast area are like a canary in a mine, early indicators of where we are going.  Those who are sensitive know this, feel it deeply within.  It's simply true.  What are you supposed to do about those feelings?  I don't know.  When you see the boat headed for the iceberg, and you don't have a lot to do with how the boat's course is set, what can you do?  Warn as many passengers as possible to brace themselves, to get ready, for what 80% of the passengers choose to be in full denial of.  I don't think there is a way to feel right about it.  How can you "like" it, "love" it?  Its devastation death and destruction, and the ultimate cause is greed callousness and ignorance.  You just have to live with it.  When it gets too much to take, talk to friends about it, or write about what you are feeling on some message board. 

These things are real.  It is OK to talk about them on this board, because this board in a small way represents a group of like minded people.

stephen

Quote from: Dhyana on May 31, 2010, 03:04 AM
...so huge and so out of my control, I am able to clearly see that the only option is to be pierced.
  With the knowledge that something like this is so utterly out of any personal control, there is an utter surrender to  a Higher Will, through the emotiional body and then straight through THE HEART! (I hope this is coming across) --and what is ending up happening is such a huge surrender of personal control, of my personal will to the Will --(the Will of God, or Goddess or whatever one might want to call it).
  Throughout the day, all day, I have been letting this experience I have described above in deeper and deeper without a personal will  --allowing it to really pierce my heart, but without an egoisitic overlay or a personal dramatization -- just the pure intensity in the emotional body... ( i hope this is making sense)
  There is a wide open HEART, and I cannot own it!
  If one closes out the pain, one also closes off this LOVE...

Dhyana,

Thank you so much for posting your heart on here about that issue.  It was soooo big that I couldn't contain it, and so internally moved away from it...and now, thanks to your post, I am coming back to it...opening back up to it.

Now...that return to this also seems to be having the additional side-effect of nudging me to open to 'other issues' that I have avoided as well, thinking I was just moving past them 'for a little while...'

Again...truly thanks for the courage to place yourself on here in honesty.

God'dess Bless,
Stephen

Linda

Hi Dhyana,

I also have been feeling the way you do. The way I was able to cope was to "accept" what is happening. Denying that destruction has to take place only brings us more emotional turmoil and mental anguish. I had to "put a plug into it" (my emotions) by accepting this event overall is god's will - and that Pluto transiting Capricorn is bringing down many old unsustainable structures that have outlived their purpose (such as drilling for oil).

Steve is right:  there are about 80% in denial - and that is also very difficult to view. It's like watching a drama, where the actors are happily in denial and ignorant bliss, continuing to play their game, business as usual, and shutting out their hearts. This in itself is hard to bear as it takes place all around us - but I have to remind myself that is the level they are on, they have chosen to resist by continuing on with the old ways.  The old ingrained attitudes bring on cataclysmic events - but on the whole I believe the earth is basically healthy - and that humankind en masse is not.

Our group of kindred spirits is important to plug into for spiritual support, like a baby sucking its mother's breast for sustenance (that is a beautiful image of converting the dark into Light). Thanks for sharing your deepest heart with us Dhyana.

Elen

Hi Dhyana,

This one's been huge for me, too.  I have been really wrestling with feelings of profound powerlessness combined with outrage.  The last day or 2 I began to realize that one thing I CAN do is send light and pray to God, in as deep a way as I am able, to use this catastrophe as a trigger to awaken the hearts and minds of those in positions to make the choices that affect us collectively.  Also, I'll just add that a friend of mine just posted on facebook a petition to end off shore drilling for good.  I'll post the link here for you (or anyone) who feels that that would be a step you'd like to take. 

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/dontdrill

Thanks for starting this thread.

Peace,
Ellen

Linda

Here's another site, avaaz.org:  "No more offshore drilling"

http://avaaz.org/en/

where you can sign a petition, and forward the petition to others.

Steve

Linda

QuoteI had to "put a plug into it" (my emotions) by accepting this event overall is god's will - and that Pluto transiting Capricorn is bringing down many old unsustainable structures that have outlived their purpose (such as drilling for oil).

Events like this are not necessarily God's will.  That perspective is too commonly used to excuse things that are flat out wrong, to avoid staring into the face of the consequences of human choices, behaviors. 

God gave us free will within certain ranges, to either align ourselves with Divine intent or to override and deny Divine intent and act in our selfish little ways (by "our" I mean by humans collectively).  Just because something is within the realm of possibility does not mean people acting that out are actualizing God's will.   Like the president of Goldman Sachs, a firm that has brought much of the world to its financial knees, who was quoted as saying that Goldman Sachs was doing God's work.  Don't forget, God is the origin of the possibility of evil also.  In that sense doing what is inherently wrong can be part of God's will, but is that really the part of God, the lower negative selfish possibilities, that you want to align yourself with, or make excuses for other humans and organizations who do that? 

"Violation of natural law" means acting in a way that puts self or self-interest or the interests of a few ahead of the greater interests of the whole, human and planet-wide.  We don't HAVE to keep making the same sort of limited selfish stupid choices that inevitably wind up in wide scale loss and pain to all sorts of little people who never benefited from the vast fortunes made by the few in the first place (like oil companies). 

The British guy who is the CEO of BP Oil actually stated to the press yesterday that he wants this all to be over "so he can get his life back".  Thousands of fishing people in Louisiana are seeing the way they support their families, fishing, destroyed, possibly permanently.  People who've lived for generations in the low lands and coastal marsh areas are seeing the end, the death, of all they have know. They are potentially losing everything.  And the BP CEO "wants his life back".

Not to mention, the fishing lifestyle itself violates natural law.  Two weeks ago a United Nations agency issued a report saying if the world did not radically change the way it fishes, by 2050 there will be no more fish left in the ocean.  That is only 40 years away...  How receptive do you think Gulf of Mexico fishing people would be, prior to the oil tragedy that is going on now, to voluntarily limit their fishing activities?  If your answer is "not at all", I suspect you are correct.   It is not God's will to have no fish left in the oceans by 2050.  But it is within the range of the potential outcomes we may experience, due to human choices that violate natural law.  God created Earth using the guidelines of natural law - thus we can sort of assume God's will would be for humans to align themselves with those guidelines and live accordingly.  Not plundering the earth for their own selfish advancement, but treating everything with dignity and respect as part of the vast circle of life on which we humans are ultimately completely dependent for our ongoing existence.   Destroying life in the Gulf of Mexico does not sound very aligned with that attitude to me.

Linda, none of this is personally addressed at you.  I am simply blowing off some steam and making some points.  We need to stop making excuses for things that we know in our guts are fundamentally wrong.
Steve

Linda

Steve,

You are right. You will see by my post that I have been very upset by this whole episode, and so the solution for my deepening emotional turmoil and sense of powerlessness to do anything about this abhorrent situation was to at least calm myself down, and have faith in a higher power...that overall god's will is all there is and ever was...and that we are learning very deep lessons to respect and uphold natural laws again.

Dhyana,

The Moon's Nodes are presently in Capricorn/Cancer - everyone living today has Pluto's Nodes in Capricorn/Cancer - and Pluto is presently transiting Capricorn (as you know).  Naturally, we will experience the swinging back and forth from feeling extremely emotional (Cancer) to employing practicality to improve conditions (Capricorn). I have three planets in Capricorn and the Moon in Cancer - so I am experiencing the see saw effect quite intensely.

Dhyana

Linda, Stephen, Steve, Ellen-- All,

Thank you for your support, your sharing and your open-ness to me. It is a blessing to get to meet you all like this.  wow!

I almost went back and removed this post, u know? (for all the regular reasons) --but i just cant live that way anymore --being afraid and not moving where i am pulled.

This quote ironically came to me today- "Even in the running away from hurting, there is hurting. In opening unprotected to the experience that is enslaving you with its torment, there is the willingness to be free. Are you willing?"

Thank you all--- thank you,
3~Dhyana