School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

skipped steps

Started by Elen, Jun 08, 2010, 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Quoting Adina from "Evolutionary Stage Practice Thread - Ellen"
And the WAY the skipped steps are recovered is to go back and DO what was missed at some prior time; in other words, you have to go backward before you can go forward. And when you do that, you can APPEAR to be in an earlier evolutionary stage than you actually are! Yep.  And this could also explain your  "flip-flopping, bit for different reasons. This is what can get very tricky, as I think we're seeing in this discussion about your own situation. Even YOU said that you could make a case for consensus and different stages of the individuated, etc., etc.,  I think even the soul going thru the recovery of skipped steps can, indeed, feel confused until they recover those skipped steps and "settle in" to their "˜true' essence, so to speak.

Ellen's Questions re: skipped steps:

1) Is what is needing to be recovered symbolized by BOTH the planet square the nodes AND the node to which that planet is applying?  Or just one or the other?

2) In a practical sense, does it matter what stage a Soul is ultimately in when skipped steps are involved?  In other words, if a Soul is 1st Spiritual yet needing to recover, say, 1st Ind steps, isn't the only thing that really matters in terms of Soul development in that moment (however long that moment lasts), the stage of 1st Ind and thus the developmental work that needs to be done there?  And so on as the skipped steps are progressively recovered....?  The underlying assumption here is that the Soul, ultimately, will manifest its true self more & more as the skipped steps are recovered.  In the meantime, it really just doesn't matter....?

3) Can the reasons why steps were missed be ascertained from the chart?

4) How is that a Soul can progress to a next stage of development without actually doing the work of the prior stage?

Thanks for any responses,
Ellen

Rad

Hi Ellen,

1) Is what is needing to be recovered symbolized by BOTH the planet square the nodes AND the node to which that planet is applying?  Or just one or the other?

The entire signature for the skipped steps involve the House and Sign of the planet that is squaring the Nodes, the Houses/Signs of the Nodes themselves, and the location of the planetary rulers of those Nodes.

2) In a practical sense, does it matter what stage a Soul is ultimately in when skipped steps are involved?  In other words, if a Soul is 1st Spiritual yet needing to recover, say, 1st Ind steps, isn't the only thing that really matters in terms of Soul development in that moment (however long that moment lasts), the stage of 1st Ind and thus the developmental work that needs to be done there?  And so on as the skipped steps are progressively recovered....?  The underlying assumption here is that the Soul, ultimately, will manifest its true self more & more as the skipped steps are recovered.  In the meantime, it really just doesn't matter....?

The skipped steps will always have occurred relative to the existing stage of evolutionary development UNLESS a Soul is on the cusp of just having evolved into a new stage of evolutionary development. In this case the Soul can have the 'appearance', relative to the nature of those skipped steps, of the former state of evolutionary development.

Yes.

4) How is that a Soul can progress to a next stage of development without actually doing the work of the prior stage?

Because there are many dynamics within any Soul. A Soul can evolve various dynamics while at the same time 'leaving behind' other dynamics that correlate to skipped steps. So when the birth chart in any given life symbolizes those skipped steps, and the intention to recover them, the evolution of the Soul, and all of it's dynamics, are blocked until those skipped steps are indeed recovered.

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much for your answers.  I have some follow-up questions....

Quote from: Rad on Jun 09, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Ellen,

The entire signature for the skipped steps involve the House and Sign of the planet that is squaring the Nodes, the Houses/Signs of the Nodes themselves, and the location of the planetary rulers of those Nodes.

Does this mean that the planet that is squaring the nodes itself is not considered, ie, just the sign and house of that planet? 

Also, it just occurred to me - if the sign that rules the cusp of the house that the planet is in is different than the sign that it is in, does one consider the sign on the house cusp also and its ruler?

The skipped steps will always have occurred relative to the existing stage of evolutionary development UNLESS a Soul is on the cusp of just having evolved into a new stage of evolutionary development. In this case the Soul can have the 'appearance', relative to the nature of those skipped steps, of the former state of evolutionary development.

Light bulb  :)

Yes.

I would imagine this would involve looking at Pluto and the SN, house/sign of SN and the ruler of the SN and its house/sign/aspects, along with the skipped steps factors themselves....?

Because there are many dynamics within any Soul. A Soul can evolve various dynamics while at the same time 'leaving behind' other dynamics that correlate to skipped steps. So when the birth chart in any given life symbolizes those skipped steps, and the intention to recover them, the evolution of the Soul, and all of it's dynamics, are blocked until those skipped steps are indeed recovered.

Would it be a correct assumption that all Souls, then, at various points on their journeys, will find that they have skipped steps to recover, ie, that skipped steps are a natural part of the evolutionary process..?

I am so thankful, Rad.

Peace,
Ellen

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ellen,

Quote from: Ellen on Jun 09, 2010, 05:22 PM

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much for your answers.  I have some follow-up questions....

Quote from: Rad on Jun 09, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Ellen,

Does this mean that the planet that is squaring the nodes itself is not considered, ie, just the sign and house of that planet? 

Also, it just occurred to me - if the sign that rules the cusp of the house that the planet is in is different than the sign that it is in, does one consider the sign on the house cusp also and its ruler?

The planet squaring the Nodes is very much part of what the skipped steps is about. The entire signature of the skipped steps, as above, correlates to the main stream of what the skipped steps are about. When there is a different sign on the House cusp than the planet within that House is in then, yes, that can be considered as part of the skipped steps in the sense of a tributary stream that is feeding the main main stream itself. It contributes to what the essence of what the skipped steps are about.

Light bulb  :)

Yes.

I would imagine this would involve looking at Pluto and the SN, house/sign of SN and the ruler of the SN and its house/sign/aspects, along with the skipped steps factors themselves....?

The reasons for the skipped steps are within the nature of the symbols themselves that correlate to the skipped step signature. So, in essence, the solution is within the 'problem' itself.

Would it be a correct assumption that all Souls, then, at various points on their journeys, will find that they have skipped steps to recover, ie, that skipped steps are a natural part of the evolutionary process..?

No, it would not be correct to make that assumption. No all Souls create skipped steps for themselves.

I am so thankful, Rad.

Peace,
Ellen

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Hi Rad,

Thank you.  The fact that not all Souls create skipped steps for themselves surprised me.  I am contemplating why a Soul would do that.  Below are some of my thoughts:

1) past trauma
2) lack of spiritual resources in the cultural context in which a Soul found itself in prior lives (perhaps as a consequence of #1?)
3) habit-patterns with regard to separating desires and/or actual preference for separating desires
      a) because of #1  (so, fear and pain and the habits formed in response to this)
      b) because of #2  (so, lack of awareness and know-how and thus, again, habits formed because of this)
      c) just because.....? (this one I don't get - why would a Soul choose this?)

One thing I'm wondering is if it's more likely to find Souls with skipped steps (and also Pluto conjunct a Node) in the particular age that we're in.  I am thinking that in a more enlightened age, perhaps this phenomenon would not be so prevalent (it seems to me to be fairly prevalent in this age...)...?

Thanks again, Rad.  I hope you don't mind me pursuing this a little further...

Peace,
Ellen

Rad

Hi Ellen,

The causes of skipped steps are usually caused by traumas, yes. Buy they can also be caused by guilt about something and the consequent 'need' to avoid or deny that guilt, and the reasons for it. This itself implies 'judgments' that the Soul about itself that can be 'out-pictured' in reality it creates: the circumstances of the life and the people in it. This can have the affect of reinforcing the guilt caused by such judgments. It then becomes important to understand the two causes of guilt: either man made due to man made rules, rights and wrongs, moralities, and the like, or natural guilt that is rooted in violations of Natural Laws.  Avoidance and denial are the operative dynamics in skipped steps. So the EA astrologer has thus to play the role of 'detective' in order to understand what is causing that denial/ avoidance. And, again, those reasons will be contained within the symbols of the skipped step signature in all charts.

Skipped steps can also occur as a function of 'spiritual' teachings that the Soul is attempting to embrace that has specific doctrines about what 'spiritual life' is all about, and meant to be. All to often such man made doctrines attempt to inhibit or suppress natural human dynamics. This form of adherence to such doctrines can then cause 'skipped steps' relative to the natural human dynamics that are being repressed because of the nature of the spiritual doctrine being adhered to. 

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Thank you Rad!

Ellen

rskling77

May I please ask a specific skipped step question? I am new to the site but am doing a chart for someone, and have a pretty good sense of her skipped step, but simply go blank when I try to get a feeling for how to resolve my own.

My 1st house SN is conjunct my ASC in Capricorn, and is the resolution point for my Jupiter retrograde in Aries in the 3rd house (which squares the nodal axis). Saturn, the SN ruler, is in Aquarius (my only Air), late in the 1st house (two degrees from the cusp of the 2nd). The NN ruler is Moon in Scorpio conjunct MH. This stuff is fairly pressing at this point in my life and I would be very grateful for any clarity around this for me. I don't know other astrologers who are familiar with this way of working.

Many thanks in advance.

Suzanne

Rad

Hi Suzanne,

There is a thread/ message just above where you posted your question called 'if this is your first visit'. Clicking this on reveals:

3) Policy on personal chart interpretation and analysis:
The message board is here to teach the principles of EA through example.   What is posted here is meant to be of general interest to all of our readers.   Individual analysis of your chart from a personal point of view is of interest mainly to you and not to most other readers.  Thus posting personal charts and asking for analysis or feedback on your chart is not appropriate here.  Asking questions about or posting your chart as an example of EA principles that will be of interest to many readers is acceptable.

At times there can be a fine line between what is of personal interest and what is of general interest.  Our moderators reserve the right to remove or to request that you remove any material posted they feel is personal chart interpretation.

We have a number of qualified Evolutionary Astrologers associated with our school and this message board.  A more appropriate place for personal chart interpretation questions is a private reading with one of them.

I also noticed that you started a new thread about jokes .. links.. etc. We also do not allow for the posting of such things on this mb. So I removed that.

God Bless, Rad (moderator)