School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Separating desires, karma, and awareness

Started by bluesky, Jun 08, 2010, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

I've been contemplating this topic for some time now and I'm hoping to get any feedback anyone wants to give.

This seems like a huge topic to me and I'm having a little difficulty formulating questions.

Here goes:

I think I understand that souls evolve by exhausting separating desires. Does simply becoming aware that a desire is separating a means of exhausting it?

And that separating desires are the cause of karma?

And that mars is the leading indicator of separating desires? (Not quite sure what it means, but I do have the asteroid "Karma" conjunct my natal mars. Maybe it means exactly what it says).

Does a soul switch from creating karma and begin to foster dharma in the spiritual stage? What exactly is dharma?

I've read it here and in a few EA books that a lot of clients have Pluto in the 8th house - does this signature indicate the potential for the person becoming aware of this cycle, ie. karma, reincarnation, separating desires?

Thanks for any feedback.

Deva

Hi, wanted to give my input on these questions. Yes, the Soul does evolve through purging separating desires. Separating desires are any desires that are not in harmony, or alignment with, the current evolutionary intentions for the life and rooted in the need to maintain the past (old patterns of behavior that are inhibiting further growth). We evolve through the evolutionary states as we exhaust our separating desires (it is natural process).
      Pluto by house and sign in the natal chart will correlates the specific past patterns of emotional security that must be transmuted in this life. Pluto's polarity point symbolizes the current evolutionary intentions for this life, and how to transmute the past patterns of behavior symbolized by Pluto.  Remember that there are two coexisting, antithetical desires within the Soul-one to return and one to separate. We have a choice to cooperate or resist these evolutionary intentions. We can look at the natal chart and by using just Pluto and it's polarity point we can determine how resistance or cooperation with the current evolutionary intentions will manifest. For example, if a person has a Pluto in the 5th house, and is compulsively acting upon desires that are rooted in the need to be recognized as special or important, that is excessively self centered, and does not link the need for creative self-actualization in a way that reflects the need of others/humanity then resistance to the current evolutionary intentions symbolized by the 11th house polarity point is evident.
Pluto itself symbolizes the dual desires within the Soul (one to return and one to separate). Mars is the lower octave of Pluto, and symbolizes how we will consciously act out the desires symbolized by Pluto. Mars symbolizes our conscious desire nature.  The point within this is that Pluto in the birth chart will determine the core specific past patterns of behavior are that are creating limitations and represent emotional security for the Soul. We will unconsciously resist growth by attempting to maintain these past patterns (separating desires). Pluto's polarity point symbolizes the current evolutionary intentions for the life, and the types of desires that the Soul will have to break free from the past patterns of behavior that are inhibiting further growth. Mars is the conscious desire nature we have that reflects how we will act out, or act upon, these desires symbolized by Pluto and to actualize the current evolutionary intentions for this life (pluto's polarity point).  Hope this helps.
Deva     

Rad

Hi Bluesky,

Quote from: bluesky on Jun 08, 2010, 08:28 PM
I've been contemplating this topic for some time now and I'm hoping to get any feedback anyone wants to give.

This seems like a huge topic to me and I'm having a little difficulty formulating questions. Here goes:

I think I understand that souls evolve by exhausting separating desires. Does simply becoming aware that a desire is separating a means of exhausting it?

No, it does not. ANY DESIRE that is not rooted in the desire to reunite with our Source, God/ess, is a separating desire. All of us can be 'aware' of whatever desires we have that are separating in nature. That awareness does not automatically equal suddenly not having that desire(s) anymore. Countless Souls are aware of a variety of desires within the desire to know, to reunite, with God/ess. Very few Souls, at any given time on Earth, have only one desire left within them: the desire, the only one, to reunite with God/ess. Thus, most Souls who do have an active desire to know, reunite, with God/ess do so within the context of other, separating desires, that they feel must be acted out, or upon. Progressively these desires to become exhausted that leads to those Souls that have only one remaining desire: to reunite with God/ess. As desires become exhausted this leads to the awareness within a Soul that 'I don't need this or that desire anymore. I am done with it'. When a previous desire(s) have reached that point of exhaustion, 'I don't desire this or that anymore', they are then free from this or that desire.

And that separating desires are the cause of karma?

Every action has a proportionate reaction. All action is rooted in desire. Karma is the sum total of all of our actions in every possible way.

And that mars is the leading indicator of separating desires? (Not quite sure what it means, but I do have the asteroid "Karma" conjunct my natal mars. Maybe it means exactly what it says).

Mars is the lower octave of Pluto, and correlates, in each life, of how our desires emanating from our Soul become conscious in each life. As these desires become conscious Mars correlates to how we instinctively act upon, act out, those desires. There is also the natural 1st House that is a natural Aries House. Whatever the sign in on our Ascendant also correlates to how our desires become conscious, and are acted out. The sign Aries will also be on a House cusp somewhere. This too correlates to how the various desires within the Soul become conscious, and our acted out. Within this we also have a N.Node of Mars that will be in a House and Sign somewhere. This too correlates to the progressive evolution of the Soul as new desires occur within the Soul. Yet it must be understood that all of these desires come from the Soul, and that these desires manifest or occur as a direct result of the core evolutionary intentions, desires, that the Soul has from life to life. And that core, ongoing evolutionary intention from life to life, is of course symbolized in the main karmic/evolutionary axis within the birth chart itself: The natal Pluto, it's polarity point, the N and S Nodes of the Moon, and the location of their planetary rulers.

Does a soul switch from creating karma and begin to foster dharma in the spiritual stage? What exactly is dharma?

Dharma means truth. The truth of one's being, one's natural truth as created by God/ess. To arrive at one's natural truth, how one has been created by God'ess, requires a progressive deconditioning from external conditioning dynamics that any Soul is susceptible too. When one is in total harmony with how they have been naturally created by God AND ACTS ACCORDINGLY THEN THERE IS NO KARMA CREATED. This is so because one's actions, rooted in desire, are in harmony with God's intentions for that Soul. To arrive at this state of evolution of course means that such a Soul is in the final stages of the 3rd Stage of Spiritual evolution, i.e Jesus, Buddha, Yogananda, etc.

I've read it here and in a few EA books that a lot of clients have Pluto in the 8th house - does this signature indicate the potential for the person becoming aware of this cycle, ie. karma, reincarnation, separating desires?

Yes, but any Soul, with any House position of Pluto, can become aware of these cycles of karma, reincarnation, and separating desires. 8th House Pluto's always desire to know the 'why' of anything. They desire to penetrate to the bottom line of anything. This is one of the reasons that those EA books speak to this fact of a preponderant amount of 8th House Pluto's are naturally drawn to things like EA and the way it presents and understands life.

God Bless, Rad

bluesky

Deva and Rad, thanks very much for posting. Your insight is invaluable!