School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Reabsorption

Started by jana, Jun 09, 2010, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jana

I apologize if this topic has been discussed  on the board, but I can't find what I would like to know using the search function. If the soul creates egos through time that are reabsorbed at the time of death of each ego, I wonder if there is a sense of "Jana" retained. I did read that the soul does contain the memory of my life, but what about me and the other egos? Do we all get reabsorbed and "mixed in" for lack of a better word?

I understand as separating desires are exhausted, this ego will identify increasingly more with soul...but what about the other egos? I intuitively understand the idea that all the egos are in existence at once from the soul's perspective, but I can't imagine how it all comes together for "me". Does my sense of self enlarge to include these egos? I am feeling claustrophobic! (2nd house stellium talking).

Please excuse the inept groping for words to describe
and thank you for any input.

God'dess Bless
Jana

Steve

Quote from: jana on Jun 09, 2010, 06:41 PM
If the soul creates egos through time that are reabsorbed at the time of death of each ego, I wonder if there is a sense of "Jana" retained. I did read that the soul does contain the memory of my life, but what about me and the other egos? Do we all get reabsorbed and "mixed in" for lack of a better word?

I understand as separating desires are exhausted, this ego will identify increasingly more with soul...but what about the other egos? I intuitively understand the idea that all the egos are in existence at once from the soul's perspective, but I can't imagine how it all comes together for "me". Does my sense of self enlarge to include these egos?

Hi Jana

Like the vast majority of we humans, you are looking at this from the perspective that "you" are the ego Jana, and that this Jana is distinct from all the other egos "your Soul" has ever created, and that Jana is also separate from the Soul who created Jana.

Reality is who you are has never been Jana the ego. You have always been the Soul who created Jana the ego. Whether you experience that or not, it is still true.  We can believe we are separate (and we do) but that doesn't make it so.

Its not so much the ego "will identify increasingly more with soul" as the ego will increasingly realize it never was who its thought it was in the first place, a separate ego.  It will see that all along it has always been only the Soul.  When the ego Jana identifies as Soul, it will realize it is one and the same as all the other egos that this Soul has ever created.  They have all been steps along the way in the evolution of that Soul.  Within that Soul all the memories from every ego/lifetime that Soul has ever experienced are stored.

The metaphor of the wave and the ocean explains this.  There are many waves on top of the ocean.  Each wave separates from the ocean at some point, and ultimately "dies" when it crashes on a beach and rejoins the ocean.  Jana believes she is a wave, distinct from all the other waves, when in reality she and all the other waves are only the ocean.   

The ocean represents the Soul, the waves represent the egos the Soul's created.  As soon as a wave rejoins the ocean there is no issue of each individual wave having to remember it is the ocean - there is no more wave, only ocean.

To match the metaphor to your question, the ocean contains the memory of every wave its ever created, and all that each wave ever experienced.
Steve

jana

Dear Steve,

It's funny, I have read the wave/ocean metaphor here and about many times....but I am hearing/feeling it now. Your words have opened it for me. "the ego realizes it never was who it thought it was; it will see that all along it has always been the soul.

Praise be and thank you,

Jana