Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Karma of Mid-Life Transits  (Read 1200 times)
Wendy
Very Active Member

« on: Jun 10, 2010, 01:41 PM »

Hello All,

I think of you all often and wish I had more time to dedicate to participating on the forum.  My graduation from school is this August, so I hope I will have more time to spend studying, analyzing and being present with the EA model of astrology soon after my culmination.

In the mean time my spiritual practice has been devoted to Shakti Mantras.  I have been reading Thomas Ashely-Farrand's book about them and doing daily practice.  In reading about karma a question about mid-life transits came to mind:  what is the purpose (karmic) of the mid-life transits, particularly, Pluto square Pluto, Neptune square Neptune, and Uranus opp Uranus via the EA perspective?

Any feedback is welcomed.  Thank you.

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 03:50 AM by Wendy » Logged
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2010, 02:30 PM »

Hi Wendy,

I don't have an answer to your post but am looking forward to what others might have to say about it.  My initial reaction, thinking in terms of EA, was to think in terms of the basic archetypes of the planets involved and then combine that with the archetypal meaning of the waxing square, and then thinking all along about what the natal signatures of each planet is in the natal chart itself.  But this is very general and really doesn't answer your question....  I hope it gets some discussion going, though..

Peace,
Ellen
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2010, 09:53 PM »

Thanks Ellen.  I too have a sense of what the squares and opp may imply, and I would love to hear the perspectives from the forum moderators.
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2010, 09:31 AM »

Hi Wendy,

"In reading about karma a question about mid-life transits came to mind:  what is the purpose (karmic) of the mid-life transits, particularly, Pluto square Pluto, Neptune square Neptune, and Uranus opp Uranus via the EA perspective?"

The purpose in these transits is not so much 'karmic' as their correlations to what can be called evolutionary transitions: the need to move beyond, or evolve, some exiting reality in our lives that has been created by inner dynamics to a new form of reality that requires new dynamics in order for that to occur. The Pluto square Pluto will always be a crescent phase square that transits into a first quarter square: the Soul needing to create new directions for itself relative to what has already been established as it's reality. This can then create a 'crisis in action' for the Soul. The Neptune square Neptune has the same archetype of moving from a crescent phase square to a first quarter square. This will correlate to what the underlying sense of meaning is for our current life. Thus, what has been meaningful looses it's meaning, and the Soul desires, needs, new directions in order for a new sense of meaning to occur. A sense of disillusionment with certain parts of our life can precede this 'crisis of action' as the Soul initiates new directions in order to discover new forms that generate meaning for it's life. The Uranus transit in opposition to itself transits from a gibbous phase opposition to a new phase opposition. This is the transit that most identify as the 'mid life crisis'. This transit correlates with the Soul's need to 'throw off' any part of it's reality that is no longer serving the Soul's ongoing need to evolve. In the gibbous phase it creates the awareness of parts of our life that seem empty and outmoded. As it moves toward the full phase this correlates with the Soul sending 'messages' to our conscious ego that correlate with all kinds of future possibilities for the Soul. The challenge for the Soul as this occurs is to inwardly monitor the messages that become repetitious versus those that only appear once or twice. It is the messages that become repetitious, over and over, that will reflect the next three to five years of the Soul's life. The challenge of course is to take action upon those messages no matter how 'radical' some may seem from the point of view of the Soul's existing reality.

Rad
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2010, 11:28 AM »

Thank you Rad, I truly appreciate the time taken to answer my question.  I asked the question because I have just gone through those transits and I wondered if there were consequences karmically if the transits were not integrated fully or without resistance.  Also thought about this with charts I have worked with.

If the lessons of each transit are integrated well during the transit phase, I can see that the soul would move easily into mid-life, but if they weren't would that bring more karma to the evolutionary progress the soul originally intended to make?

For me the Uranus opp brought trauma along with it's liberating qualities too, only because I didn't completely let go of old patterns during it's transit, somehow lost my clarity and discerning perspective while Neptune opposed my Sun...also have five or so planets aspecting natal Uranus including Pluto.

Hi Wendy,

"In reading about karma a question about mid-life transits came to mind:  what is the purpose (karmic) of the mid-life transits, particularly, Pluto square Pluto, Neptune square Neptune, and Uranus opp Uranus via the EA perspective?"

The purpose in these transits is not so much 'karmic' as their correlations to what can be called evolutionary transitions: the need to move beyond, or evolve, some exiting reality in our lives that has been created by inner dynamics to a new form of reality that requires new dynamics in order for that to occur.

The Pluto square Pluto will always be a crescent phase square that transits into a first quarter square: the Soul needing to create new directions for itself relative to what has already been established as it's reality. This can then create a 'crisis in action' for the Soul.

[
b]If the soul is already on track with its evolutionary impulse, investing in new directions, would this transit still create a crisis? 

For instance, when I experienced transiting Pluto (6th house) square natal Pluto (4th house), I was already on a healing path which included much 12 years of recovery, shamanic healing, deep meditations, extensive family of origin therapy, and professional training in the healing arts.  My work with clients was amazingly deep and came readily (6th house).  The only crisis I recall was in terms of my relationships, whether or not to get married to a man who showed up in my life, and in many ways offering to "liberate" me.  I ultimately declined, as I felt my task was to continue to be true to my soul's ability to mature and evolve. 

i guess the crisis this transit would bring could come in a heightened awareness of the soul, when the soul has not been consciously exposed to their natal Pluto function prior to the transit.  [/b]

The Neptune square Neptune has the same archetype of moving from a crescent phase square to a first quarter square. This will correlate to what the underlying sense of meaning is for our current life. Thus, what has been meaningful looses it's meaning, and the Soul desires, needs, new directions in order for a new sense of meaning to occur. A sense of disillusionment with certain parts of our life can precede this 'crisis of action' as the Soul initiates new directions in order to discover new forms that generate meaning for it's life.

This was the most confusing for me.  I have a strong Neptunian chart already (Neptune square the Sun, Saturn in Pisces, Neptune trine Saturn, NN and SN dispositor in the 12th).  What I found during this square
was easily becoming disillusioned by others who seemed to want me to convince me of the efficacy of whatever they were "proselytizing."  A new life, new ways to make money, etc.  Unfortunately, I believed (in) some of them.  Like 2nd stage spiritual folks. 

The Uranus transit in opposition to itself transits from a gibbous phase opposition to a new phase opposition. This is the transit that most identify as the 'mid life crisis'.

Oh, I didn't know that.

This transit correlates with the Soul's need to 'throw off' any part of it's reality that is no longer serving the Soul's ongoing need to evolve. In the gibbous phase it creates the awareness of parts of our life that seem empty and outmoded.

As it moves toward the full phase this correlates with the Soul sending 'messages' to our conscious ego that correlate with all kinds of future possibilities for the Soul.  

Like insights?

The challenge for the Soul as this occurs is to inwardly monitor the messages that become repetitious versus those that only appear once or twice. It is the messages that become repetitious, over and over, that will reflect the next three to five years of the Soul's life.

The challenge of course is to take action upon those messages no matter how 'radical' some may seem from the point of view of the Soul's existing reality. 

All of this was certainly my experience.  My life changed radically during Uranus opp Uranus, some totally profound, others challenging.

Rad

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2010, 10:30 AM »

Hi Wendy,

Everyone has their individual contexts. Thus, how these mid-life transits are experienced will reflect that individual context. The archetypal themes of these transits occur and manifest relative to that individual context. Karma is a reflection or reaction to actions taken where those actions occur due to choices being made by the Soul. Understood in this way all Souls are creating 'karma' for themselves throughout their lives. Relative to these mid-life transits, which do correlate to evolutionary 'turnstiles', the karma that is created is a result of the choices being made at those times. We must remember that 'karma' is not just some 'negative' thing which is how most Western people have come to understand it. Karma again is simply a reflection of choices equaling actions where every action has a proportionate reaction. Thus, 'karma' can and is also a very 'positive' thing when the choices made by any given Soul reflect, in the context of your question, reflect the evolutionary intentions of that Soul.

Rad
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2010, 07:16 PM »

Thanks very much Rad for your input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video