School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Daemon Soul

Started by KK, Jun 16, 2010, 10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I've been reading through some older threads and found one on Daemon souls particularly fascinating (and relevant to a chart I've been working on). Here's a link to the thread: https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,75.msg821.html#msg821

I'm a novice asking for some help with interpreting this chart. I see a lot of aspects that the previous thread suggests as signatures of a Daemon type: Sag sun, Virgo moon, Taurus Ascendant (with Chiron conjunct the ascendant), NN in Cancer in Taurus's house, Pluto in Libra conjunct Saturn in Scorpio in Virgo's house.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the interpretation of this chart, particularly it's Daemon characteristics.

adina

First, welcome, KK!  Nice to have you join our EA family!

In the other Daemon soul thread, Rad explained how a highly evolved Daemon soul has fused itself, its consciousness, with all forms of nature. Until fully evolved Daemon souls may align more with one aspect or another of nature, including the animal kingdom - how they relate to and communicate with them, for they have a very natural and innate ability to do this. For example, I have a friend who is somewhere in the individuated state of evolution and who used to work at an animal shelter, and she could get the dogs there to behave in ways that NONE of the other workers could. She could get close to and handle dogs that no one else could. They had a totally different personality with her than they did the other workers because they knew she really understood them. And she innately knew who to place dogs with as well.  As they evolve, others may display an affinity for the plant kingdom, or other animals, etc. etc.

So, since you've read the extended thread about Daemon souls, then you know that the only way to identify one is through observing the actions OF that soul. Only THEN can you plug in the actions/behaviors to the chart, which will then REFLECT what you've already observed. With that in mind, maybe you could post some background on the person behind this chart.

Steve

Hi KK

I'd like to add something.  Adina's response was great but she only alluded to what I'm about to say rather than saying it directly.

Jeffrey Wolf Green always taught that you can't tell whether someone is a daemon soul just by looking at an astrology chart.  Any more than you can tell whether a person is male or female, or what their evolutionary stage is, by looking at a chart.

Many things in EA can only be intuited through observation and correlation.

Given that, as Adina suggested if you can write some about the person's life and orientation to nature, we can have further discussion on whether they are a daemon soul.  We have a few souls on the board who have been identified as daemon.  Perhaps they would add their thoughts also.

It would be a discussion that would be valuable to people who read this message board, so feel free to jump in and begin that discussion, if you feel to do so.
thank you, and welcome to our message board
Steve

Oliver Fred

Hi KK and everyone,

It's been a while since I posted or participated in a thread, but I am very fascinated by the archetype of the Daemon Soul. On the thread which you linked to, a lot of information was given regarding some usual symptoms of a Daemon Soul- they, by far, feel out of place here on Earth likes its not their home or what they're used to, so they go to nature which IS their home. From everything I've gathered through others insight and my own intuition, the way to know if someone is a Daemon Soul can either be: 1. They have a planet within 30 minutes to the Galactic Center  (26 degrees 40 minutes) or 2. They have everything BUT that indicator.

I myself have a Virgo Moon, like the chart you've posted, and I've met at least two others with a similar reality revolving around nature, plants, and animals. Kristin Fontana spoke how she had consulted a Daemon Soul who worked with dogs and was working on making a television show out of it. Steve as usual is right in that we can't know for show until we know more. More information is bound to give us a clearer picture. Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

adina

Oliver Fred, while those two ways you mentioned CAN be indicative, or PARTLY indicative of a Daemon soul, it goes way beyond that, like you stated in your first post in the other thread about Daemon souls; i.e, there can be many, many different signatures that we could look for AFTER our observation and correlation. Leslie, too, specified in that first thread that a Daemon Soul could not be determined through the chart alone. Since KK referred back and included the link to that thread, I figured she and maybe others had read that part, and so I decided just to refer to it. But perhaps now would be a good time for all of us to review that thread before we would continue with this one.

Also, sometimes, a person/soul can feel a deep connection to and love for nature and the specific kingdoms within nature, have the markers in the chart and still not be a Daemon soul.

KK, it's neat that you brought this topic up again. Perhaps some people would be interested in discussing the nature and identification of the Daemon soul like we did in the thread about determining evolutionary stages, and then the thread specific to Ellen's evolutionary stage. We could even continue on after that and discuss the other soul types as well if people are interested in doing that.

But for now, discussion of the Daemon Soul type I think is especially relevant given what's happening on the planet right now, and especially the oil gusher in the Gulf. While many, many of us will be feeling the pain of nature, the Daemon souls in particular will be linked to and feeling it in exquisitely excruciating ways. And the more highly evolved the Daemon soul is, the more intense and deep those feelings will be.

ari moshe

QuoteKK, it's neat that you brought this topic up again. Perhaps some people would be interested in discussing the nature and identification of the Daemon soul like we did in the thread about determining evolutionary stages, and then the thread specific to Ellen's evolutionary stage. We could even continue on after that and discuss the other soul types as well if people are interested in doing that.

Adina, I would LOVE that! Would it be appropriate to start doing that here by way of this particular chart (even though we don't yet know the soul type), or should we start a new thread for that?

Steve

Hi - If you want to discuss all Soul types and not just daemon, please do start a new topic.

adina

Hi Ari, I love your enthusiastic embrace of these kinds of learning threads! And I'm going to encourage you to tune in to all YOUR Sag to intuit some information about Daemon souls.  ;)

I think if KK comes back with the background information on this chart, it's a good place to start, since she initiated the thread/question.

And I hope Rad and others who I feel know more about this than I do will jump in here and help. I'm happy to do what I can.

Steve, I agree with you for that purpose, but as I pointed out, I think the Daemon archetype is especially relevant right now, and this thread has been started for that purpose, and therefore, we should stick to that right now.     :)

KK

Hey! I'm back. Thanks for everyone's replies and interest in this topic and for a warmest welcome to the message board. To be honest with you, you all know much much more about this topic and evolutionary astrology than I do, any recaps or refreshers would be awesome and appreciated. So, I'll tell you some about this chart.

This man is 27. Quiet, shy, much below the surface. He's an artist and a musician (Venusian). A naturalist spiritually, he grew up with Christian parents but always had a deeper understanding that conflicted with the superficial Christianity common in the Bible Belted South. He feels a strong connection with nature and senses a greater unity, that everything is connected. He really likes Carl Sagan and seeing things be proven; more scientific than mystical...but still very creative. He feels a strong connection "to mammals", sensing and communicating feelings. He camps alone for days at a time. Green thumb. Identifies with the first subdivision of the Spiritual State. I'll go ahead and post this... is more info needed?

Lucius

I would like to heartily endorse a 'soul type' thread.  The thread last summer I started about chakras & soul types delved into it a bit.

I'm not entirely sure of myself being a Daemon - I do think so, but, I could be wrong.  At any rate, the oil spill is like a kick to my stomach - I feeling right in my solar plexus.  I don't think about it - rage, frustration and hopelessness, feeling useless, etc.  It triggers the mars/neptune gemini/sag and the nodes of uranus on that opposition - rage linked with abuses of nature, natural law and PL's of trauma, disruption around these issues. But, then I think of the source of creation, great spirit, and that it is indestructible and will always be despite all these illusory happenings and changes here on earth - and that all these beings, egrets, whales, sea turtles are held in the great spirits love. 

And that the rat bastards who are responsible will get their just 'rewards' sooner or later.

mountainheather

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure whether we are discussing this chart or daemon soul or both on this thread
I find myself speculating about where daemon souls are coming from (not just the star or planet) but their essence.  Do they feel comfortable in nature because that is what they already know or because they have yet to know this?  I would also ask this of any soul type .....why choose earth?  But perhaps this only for the creator to know.
I have been identified as , and identify with the daemon soul and have questions about this topic so I look forward to this dialogue.

Thank you all, Heather

Steve

Hi Heather

Quote from: mountainheather on Jun 20, 2010, 05:02 PM
I find myself speculating about where daemon souls are coming from (not just the star or planet) but their essence.  Do they feel comfortable in nature because that is what they already know or because they have yet to know this? 

I have been identified as , and identify with the daemon soul and have questions about this topic so I look forward to this dialogue.

A soul type is attracted to what it is attracted to because that is the way God created that Soul, with that orientation.  It is not about anything external or any life lessons that need to be learned.  Looking at it that way puts the cart before the horse.

A daemon soul orients to nature because it finds it naturally resonates with nature, sees nature as an externalization of its own inner nature.  Because that is the way that Soul was created.  Similarly for the other Soul types.  We desire resonance with experiences and others, including location and planet, that vibrate with our natures.    I don't think there is an explanation beyond its just the way it is.  Desire is the root cause of everything we do, and the nature of a Soul's desires has a lot to do with the natural soul type of that Soul.

The natural principle of life is diversity - same source, myriad of outer forms.

This is why EA talks a lot about Natural Law.  In patriarchy, things are judged as good or bad relative to human-created standards of what is right and wrong and how things should be.  That is the opposite of accepting diversity as it was created.  Over lifetimes of rejection for being the way they are, Souls become wounded and come to have distorted self-images of who and what they are.  Thus they come to internalize deep self-judgments based on internalizing experiences they've had within the patriarchal realities.  They come to believe the distortions they have been subjected to are in fact real.  Thus they hide away "unacceptable" parts of who they are, and adopt personas that try to conform to society's expectations of proper behavior, pretending (even to self) to be what they are not.  That right there is the root of our individual issues.  The way out is the path back to accepting self the way one was created by God, regardless of what anyone thinks about it.  (Its a path that requires a lot of courage).

In terms of "why earth", the same principle of magnetic resonance, natural attraction.  We have to be somewhere.   No matter where we are it is always the same, to become more self-aware, that is, to evolve.  We are where we are, inside and outside, until we change.
Steve

mountainheather

Hi Steve,
Thank you for helping me understand.  I look forward to learning more about the soul types, starting with this sample chart we have.
Heather

jana

What an interesting thread! @KK: you might want to recast and post the chart in Porphery style (house system menu in astro.com site), as that is what's used in ea. Can't wait to read the comments  :D

Deva

Hi, I wanted to add my input on the Daemon Soul. In terms of working with those with a daemon nature, it is important to understand that these Souls will feel very alienated from society because of his/her the core orientation (feeling more at home within nature, and being able to "tune into" animals and plants, and also being able to work in a healing fashion with nature in a way most cannot). In other words, there is commonly  a lot of misunderstanding/projections from others upon those with daemon natures because of this core orientation. Many can feel confusion and disillusioned because of this experience, and some will choose to live in isolation from most others. Communing with nature and animals serves as a necessary healing of the deep wounds that can occur in these areas. These Souls can be incredible healers because of their intrinsic hypersensitivity, and again can can tune into nature (plants and animals) and also other people who they sense are in pain. Also, because of this intrinsic hypersensitivity it is important to emphasize the thought that they must also have strategies to not be overwhelmed by that sensitivity. For example, if a person with a daemon nature is working with people in a healing way, it is a good idea to suggest taking time away from any interaction with people in order to recharge their batteries and "unload" from the healing work (what was absorbed through osmosis from others during this time).
Deva