Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crystals  (Read 1889 times)
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« on: Jul 10, 2010, 03:59 PM »

I recognize that the astrological archetypes can be applied to any area of life. I'm interested in understanding the correlation between crystals and astrology. All I've found in mainstream astrology is over simplified associations such as "Saphire is Sagittairius" etc... however what do the associations actually mean?

The only spiritual information on this I recall is from Autobiography of a Yogi, when Yogananda shares a story or two where sri Yukteswar recommended someone to wear certain stones based on their natal chart in order to heal from a disease.

Thank you,
Ari Moshe
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010, 04:58 PM by ari moshe » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:07 AM »

Hi Ari,

The various crystals and gems all have their own specific magnetic/electric vibrational qualities that correlate to the magnetic/ vibrational nature of any given individual. Using crystals and the gemstones impacts/ interfaces with the magnetic/ vibrational nature of a Soul. Thus, depending on what conditions are occurring within a Soul and the body that it is in determines which gemstones/ crystals are used, and for what reasons.

God Bless, Rad
Nine Oc

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:54 AM »

Hello Ari:

There are several books on the market that offer opinions on the varying metaphysical properties of crystals and other members of the "rock families", that may be of interest to you.

Some of the most popular books are:

The Crystal Bible, by Judy Hall

The Essential Crystal Handbook by Simon and Sue Lilly

Love is in the Earth by Melody

Regards,

WP

Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2010, 01:36 AM »

ahhhh --that title --touches me so deeply!

Love Is In The Earth by Melody

Thanks for that...
Nine Oc

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2010, 10:12 AM »

You are more than welcome, Dhyana.

Melody is considered to be one of the favorites in the Crystal world, and often goes on tours to do workshops around North America. I believe she is doing one in Vancouver Canada soon in conjunction with an amazing facility called, of course, Crystalworks.

Their URL is http://www.crystalworks.ca/ and would be more than happy, I am sure, to provide you with any information, either on their workshop, or contact info for Melody.
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2010, 02:19 PM »

thanks Nine Oc for the info.
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:48 PM »

Hi Ari

I am interested in crystals and stones too. I have found that there are many contradictory astrological references and correlations in literature. I wanted to share that I recently began doing some experimentation: holding crystals or stones, or placing them on the chakras. I think they can help to deepen meditation. I am impressed of how powerful they are. I have been trying basically with quartz, obsidian, amethist, citrine and common opal. I also tried placing a stone called angelite on the throat chackra, and it almost  immediately induced a type of very beautiful vision and a voice that explained me that vision. A general effect has been that when meditating or simply closing my eyes I am not seeing just darkness within, but some light, and colors (many times, the colors of the same stones/crystals). When placing the obsidian at the navel, it had a very powerful almost crazy effect all along the spine up to the third eye. It even caused me some dizziness, which lasted for almost two days, and then passed. I also tried picking a tiger's eye, but I have felt repelled by that stone. Perhaps experimenting this way can serve to establish the correlations.

God Bless,

Gonzalo

Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:52 PM »

PS. However, I guess one should recall that the wrong stone or crystal would have a negative effect.
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2010, 07:34 AM »

Thanks for sharing that Gonzalo,

I think that's very good advice- finding out for ourselves is the only way to truly know something as it is.

I was gifted a blue star sapphire just a month ago or so. I've been wearing it most of the time. At first it felt really powerful, deeper dreams, deeper meditation, calm mind. Yet now I have no clue why I'm wearing it other than "why not"... and it's pretty. As more stones come into my life I will practice what you suggested.
God Bless
Ari Moshe
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:01 AM »

I used to buy and sell stones and have had very powerful experiences with them.  During that time, I took a crystal workshop with Melody and actually walked out.  I needed more containment during those experiences because the crystals would awaken my chakras and the deeper issues associated with them, and the workshop did not offer the support I needed.  

I wondered about the correlation of astrological signs to stones, and haven't always agreed with what I read. Crystals and stones have their own vibrational qualities and message.  Just like us, they are unique, even if they are in the same "family".  When I became intimate with them, their messages would be revealed, especially when I honored them as beings of the earth and cosmos.  

I believe when stones repel us, the stones either need to be cleared or our energy body is not ready to open to the level the stone has for us, and possibly we just don't need it.

Also after we initially work with a stone's energy and we have gained what was needed, it either helps us maintain that energy, or it has absorbed an energy that needs to be cleared.

I love this post because I can feel how happy most crystals and stones are.  They really love to be in conversation with us and shine their light and powerful force, especially consciously.  I'm also reminded Terra Christa, a crystal shop here in Virginia called me last week for an interview:)

MAYBE WE CAN PICK A STONE AND PRACTICE FEELING THE ASTROLOGICAL ENERGY OF IT AND SEE WHAT OUR COLLECTIVE INPUT IS?

I WONDER IF WE WOULD ALL COME UP WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT?
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2010, 07:04 AM by Wendy » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:11 AM »

Oh Wendy, really interesting idea! I'd be down for that- to sit with it on a daily basis, sleep with it etc with the intent on learning the astrological correlation. However I'd have to make sure I do not read anyone's posts on their own experience until I realized and posted my own.
Ari Moshe
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:33 AM »

Hy Wendy,

Thank you for your post, and what you shared about crystals and their energy. What you say about feeling repelled by a stone is interesting to me. I don't really know why I felt that way with the tiger eye. I had cleared the stone before holding it. What I felt was like heat or fire and some pain along my arm.

Personally I liked your idea about practicing with stones and finding their correlations. Let's hear what Steve, and Deva and Rad think about this idea, whether it would serve us in the process of learning EA, or may distract us from the purpose of this message board.

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:41 PM »

Great!  Yes, the idea may not (and most likely does not) align with what this forum is for, but it is a fun idea. Tiger's eye is grounding fire and is typically associated with Leo.  I am very attuned to the meridians~the heart, triple heater, and small intestine, all fire organs, are in the arm.  Maybe it was opening the pathway? and possibly grounding one of those energies, or not.

Our own interpretation, I feel, is always best, since it's our body and our energy.  My experience when a stone gives me an uncomfortable feeling is it usually needs more clearing. 

With crystal love,
Wendy (hehehehe)

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2010, 01:37 PM by Wendy » Logged
Jane

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:30 PM »

Ari wrote:
I was gifted a blue star sapphire just a month ago or so. I've been wearing it most of the time. At first it felt really powerful, deeper dreams, deeper meditation, calm mind. Yet now I have no clue why I'm wearing it other than "why not"... and it's pretty. As more stones come into my life I will practice what you suggested.
God Bless
Ari Moshe

----------------------

HI Ari,
I also wear a Star Sapphire. It is over 100 years old and belonged to my grandmother which was handed on to my mother then to me.
It is a very powerful (and beauiful) stone which cannot be worn by just anyone.
It has the quality of drawing to the wearer the problems of other people who are in need of healing, and needs to be worn with that in mind.
it is called 'the stone of destiny' with the three crossbars representing: Faith, Hope and Love.
It can also help with communication.
I feel you will wear the stone well.

love to all,
Jane
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2010, 09:47 PM »

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your post. What I felt in the arm was at the level of the master of the heart meridian. And you were right: the tiger eye needed further clearing. It was "charged" with an obsessive energy because of a use it had been given. I agree with you in that the energy of this stone is solar. Today transiting Saturn is exactly conjunct my Sun (while transiting Pluto makes the square) so my self-confidence is not as high as usual. Today I grabbed the tiger eye again and felt him friendly, warming and comforting. Not that it had powerfully boosted my ego energy, but simply delivered a gentle and radiating feeling of wellbeing and integration.

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video