School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Study Tips

Started by Elen, Jul 11, 2010, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Ellen,

Your Reply #27 has come through okay.  Thanks for reminding us of the Mercury Rx shadow period.  We need to get started quickly!  Luckily the original intention for this project took place on 11th August - just before the shadow period!  Mercury in Virgo should be good for all the nitty-gritty.

Bluesky and Ari,

Thanks for your feedback.  I'll add your suggestions to the list.

Looking at the above proposal, if we all had a go, and made a contribution, no matter how small, then it could work.  Let's see what happens.  Some of us who'd just prefer to read and make comments along the way would be providing valuable contributions/feedback also.  

I'm thinking that the paragraph summaries (Part III) could take place after Mercury goes Direct, due to the heavy workload for not just ourselves but for Rad also, unless anyone would just like to begin on it now as a private endeavour.  

With all the cardinal energies around, perhaps we just need to start and see where it leads!

Any other thoughts?  Shall we begin?  Okay, I'm going to take the initiative now, and commence the new topics.

Dhyana

Thank you all my dear EA friends for all these tips! I may not be posting as much as I had before, because I am going through some very intense inner healing and deepening, so I am more inward these days. -- but I am always reading this board. Please know I am so grateful for you all putting in all this effort here. It really really helps and supports us who are serious about using EA as a vehicle for authentic awakening.

All Love To You
Dhyana

Elen

Hi Linda, All,

Psyched about all this.  Will participate as able.

Ellen

PS  I am now seeing all the posts.  Yeah!

ari moshe

Hi Linda,

QuoteI'm thinking that the paragraph summaries (Part III) could take place after Mercury goes Direct, due to the heavy workload for not just ourselves but for Rad also, unless anyone would just like to begin on it now as a private endeavour.   

:D I think Mercury retorgrade is a great time to get started on the "understanding the whole archetype" section as Mercury rx is a time to really practice letting go of our attachment to "knowing", thus allowing the left brain to operate based on the intuition of the right brain- not the other way around as we are so apt to do in this culture.

Thank you so much for getting this organized and started Linda.

God Bless
Ari Moshe

Linda

Ellen, Ari and Dhyana,

Looking forward to sharing and working with you all.  

Perhaps it would have been better to start with the Virgo archetype (Sun moves into Virgo soon) - that way the Sun will shed more light on the issues for us. And we can devote one month to each archetype, as the Sun moves through the zodiac.  

I've taken the initiative again and changed the first archetype to Virgo. 

Elen

Quote from: Linda on Aug 15, 2010, 06:31 PM
Ellen, Ari and Dhyana,

Looking forward to sharing and working with you all.  

Perhaps it would have been better to start with the Virgo archetype (Sun moves into Virgo soon) - that way the Sun will shed more light on the issues for us. And we can devote one month to each archetype, as the Sun moves through the zodiac.  

I've taken the initiative again and changed the first archetype to Virgo. 

Great idea, Linda!  And I want to ditto what Ari said - thanks for starting this idea and getting it going.

Ellen

Upasika

Hi Linda,

Great work.

Also just wondering, since Pluto Vol II covers Mars and Venus in each of the signs, what would you think about adding a section for those planets in the Specific Correlations thread for each sign archetype?

Linda

That's a good idea too, Upasika!

I'll add Venus/Mars correlations to the list, that is:   Venus/Mars in Virgo.

You'll notice that it was mentioned earlier that the Paragraph Summaries thread could commence some time in October due to high number of "working" threads at the moment:  Practice Charts, Determining EA of a Child, Whole Archetypes, Correlations to the Archetypes.  I'm still working on the current Practice Chart.  And I've taken into consideration that Rad could be quite busy too.

If you have the time and inclination, you may be interested in hosting the Paragraph Summaries thread (either now or later). 

I'm hoping that those who have expressed interest in the new threads will be able to contribute something, no matter how small. 

I think it'll be great once we get going on these projects!

Linda

Hi everyone,

For various reasons, Upasika and I have decided (via personal message) to
drop the idea of paragraph summaries. 

I think it's a great idea to do as part of one's personal study, but perhaps
not quite suitable for the MB.

mountainheather

Hi all, I just read this thread, I must have missed it during the summer holidays. Great info!!
I have a general question about studying the archetypes. I seem to learn the archetypes by looking at how they are in my own life, and then questions arise about my self and then I feel I am not studying ea but myself and my own psychology... so how does one learn from direct experience of these archetypes AND be objective at the same time?  Hoping this makes sense, thanks for any replies! Heather

Steve

Hi Heather

Quote from: mountainheather on Dec 02, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hi all, I just read this thread, I must have missed it during the summer holidays. Great info!!
I have a general question about studying the archetypes. I seem to learn the archetypes by looking at how they are in my own life, and then questions arise about my self and then I feel I am not studying ea but myself and my own psychology... so how does one learn from direct experience of these archetypes AND be objective at the same time?  Hoping this makes sense, thanks for any replies! Heather

My ten cents is there is no difference between studying yourself and your own psychology, and studying the archetypes of EA.  From yourself you learn specific application.  Observing in others, gradually you will see how the principles (archetypes) behind your specific application are actualized by others.  Their behaviors and psychology will be unique to them.  Yet you will increasingly recognize the underlying principles operating in them are the same ones you feel in yourself that you actualize in your own way.  In other words, you are learning by going from the specific to the general.

That is just as valid a way to learn as starting with the general (overview) and moving to the specific.   One is bottom - up, the other top - down. 

One way you can improve personal objectivity over time is through observing how others play out these same archetypes in their lives.  Then you can observe yourself (objectivity) putting the archetypes into practice in your life in your own unique way (subjectivity), thus being in it and observing it simultaneously.

Does this make sense?
Steve

mountainheather

Thanks Steve,
What you've said makes sense. Learning this is a deeply personal process at times for me and I tend to question my motivations when asking questions and as I learn. The rule of no personal counselling on this forum is one that I am nervous about contravening at times, since as I am learning I am inevitably looking to my own experience for information. I noticed since your response, though that I do tend to see the archetypes and chart dynamics as "stories "which I can look at more objectively with a better view to see patterns. So what you are saying is that the top down or down up, micro/macro ,personal/objective views are something we can move in and out of order toeventually gain objectivity in counselling others?

Something morefor me to contemplate. Thank you. Heather