Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 983   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pluto in Cap, the USA, the future of the world  (Read 394999 times)
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #60 on: Aug 10, 2010, 04:25 am »

Pluto in Cancer in it's 2nd House on top of all of it's natal Cancer planets there, which are all ruled by it's Aquarius Moon in the 10th House conjunct NATAL LUCIFER.

Scary combination when unconscious.  Michael Moore's movie Capitalism:  A Love Story, a very good movie, speaks to the white collar crimes perpetuated by wall street and the US government as pure evil.

And it was that progressive social rebellion that then became the basis of the American electing Franklin Roosevelt to be there President who promised to create a 'New Deal' for the American people. And that new deal was, in essence, about creating social equity for all. Yet, even as he came to power, the existing powers that be as symbolized then by the Corporate tycoons like Prescott Bush et-all tried to create a situation of removing him from power: to overthrown the duly elected President of the United States. This part of American history has actually been expunged from their history books: very few American actually know of this historical fact.

Michael Moore's movie Capitalism:  A Love Story, shares a clip of Roosevelt addressing the nation about this New Deal.

And it has been expunged by the hands of those that were responsible for this evil act in the first place, and their descendants. And it is those descendants who are STILL IN CONTROL of the very Corporations of today that are attempting, again, to turn the vast majority of Americans into indentured servants of those Corporations. And it is these descendants, the '400 families', who are attempting, now, to overthrow anyone, including the current President Obama, who stands for the people because this undermines their need for yet more wealth, more profits.

They really have him in a noose it seems.  His chart reflects honor and justice but some of his choices have not been in alignment with that.

The descendant of Prescott Bush are not only his son, but his grandson who both became Presidents. And just look what the policies of the second Bush did not only for the USA, but the entire world. The first President Bush is the one who set in motion the 'globalization' of the economy.

These descendants of the 400 families are now reflected in the reverse transit of Pluto now being in Capricorn, in the USA 8th House, opposed all the Cancer planets in the 2nd. And of course this is squaring the current transit of Uranus in Aries, in the same USA 11th House, that has and will cause massive TRAUMA to the majority of the citizens in the USA.

Meaning these descendants gain resourceful power?

Isn't there some justice to Pluto in Capricorn?  What about when it reaches the later degrees.  I thought the earlier degrees of Pluto journey through Capricorn would bring out the worst of the worst and then as it gained in its more mature stages Pluto in Cap would represent the mature responsible elder.

God Bless, Rad

Thanks,
 Wendy
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #61 on: Aug 10, 2010, 03:50 pm »

This was a joy to discover this PBS video on the tiny home movement.
Helpful to envision the possibilities and in line with the evolution of the US culture - a great strategy.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1553961054

Of course for the unemployed, it will present challenge to fund and find a location.  On the flipside of this, I did just run into someone who is part of a green builders guild and they are having a contest on designing and constructing shelters for those without homes. 
Small glimmers of hope and I pray leaders in the evolving USA.

God'dess Bless,
Bradley

Love this, Bradley.  Thanks for sharing it.  I just moved out of a 547 sq foot home and frankly I was feeling it was too big.  This might be just the thing down the line.  And I totally hope it catches on.  Over the years (I lived in my home for 10 years), the most common reaction to my disclosure re: the sq footage of my home was one of embarrassment for me.  It amazed me that this reaction continued straight through the housing crisis.  I'm looking forward to a culture that digs small and sustainable.

Peace,
Ellen

Peace,
Ellen
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #62 on: Aug 10, 2010, 06:26 pm »

Ellen, cool!  Thanks for sharing.

Right now, a family whom I am close with is completing such a small home with funding help.
Once complete, they will rent it and be able to actually save a lot of money - basically subtract that rental payment from their own monthly rental payment.  
They call it "the Gypsy Wagon"...now that i think of this in context to the USA chart - the concept alone of homes on trailers, small moveable homes really seems to fit jupiter in cancer in the second.
Landlords are often trepidatious about having more than so many people in a dwelling, plus the legal restrictions.  But this type of approach can bypass that obstacle and really lower the monthly costs for the person(s) in a house and the one in the small moveable home.  

God'dess Bless,
Bradley
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 01:01 pm by Bradley J » Logged

Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #63 on: Aug 12, 2010, 01:29 pm »

Steve, Rad, and all,

Would you agree that the USA's nn leo 3rd is symbolic that our evolutionary path is to have the "question everything"  approach as part of our core purpose? 
Steve, is this one of the many things you have referred to which are completely opposite signs of evolution in the USA?

and...
Uranus 1st gemini w/mars gemini first:  freedom to discover and explore new technology - opposite is happening.
Virgo on cusp of 5th w/neptune:  humbleness, compassion, and self evaluation leading our purpose - opposite is happening.

Really wanting to take the 'realist' perspective vs. the 'pessimistic' perspective...and what besides crises are going to put the USA on it's evolutionary path?
Strategies, in this perspective, would be created to support us to make it thru this era?

What do you think?

Blessings,
Bradley

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #64 on: Aug 13, 2010, 01:01 pm »

HI Bradley,

Steve, Rad, and all,

Would you agree that the USA's nn leo 3rd is symbolic that our evolutionary path is to have the "question everything"  approach as part of our core purpose? 

Yes. And remember that that N.Node has a S.Node in Aquarius in the 9th House, which is ruled by Uranus in Gemini on the Ascendant. This is why the USA's constitution HAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH as it's first tenet. And that is ruled by Mercury R in Cancer in the 3rd, in opposition to natal Pluto, which also correlates to the original immigrants to this country for religious freedom reasons: the first 'colonies' formed.

Steve, is this one of the many things you have referred to which are completely opposite signs of evolution in the USA?

I will answer for him cause he is away at the moment: the answer would be yes.

and...
Uranus 1st gemini w/mars gemini first:  freedom to discover and explore new technology - opposite is happening.
Virgo on cusp of 5th w/neptune:  humbleness, compassion, and self evaluation leading our purpose - opposite is happening.

Really wanting to take the 'realist' perspective vs. the 'pessimistic' perspective...and what besides crises are going to put the USA on it's evolutionary path?

At this point in time it will of course occur through the vehicle of increasingly massive traumas in various way that equal such crisis that there will be no choice but to change: evolve.

Strategies, in this perspective, would be created to support us to make it thru this era? What do you think?

The various strategies that you have come up with so far are all good examples Bradley. I would suggest too that another 'strategy', although it not appear that way, will be, at some point, massive social rebellion against the powers that be, Wall Street, the Corporations, the vehicles of government that are extensions of these, that the level of such rebellion itself will produce necessary change/ evolution.

God Bless, Rad
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #65 on: Aug 14, 2010, 04:33 pm »

Rad,
Thanks for your reply.

Regarding rebellions in the USA, it appears that the nature of evil would find any way to pacify, distract, divide interests, split forces, to keep this type of revolution at bay.

Certainly, it is easy to see how this is perpetuating the current paradigm....
Relative to having neptune in Virgo on the 5th house cusp, can this then be seen as the symbolism in our evolution as a larger group - meaning we have a need to take all our "mini" purposes/the many different groups out there and find a way to unite in a common purpose or cause?

Thru the influence of evil, the media is projecting that this is so far away...finding common ground- united purpose.  There are those on the visionary edge(aquarius/11th/uranus) who have been waiting, working for, and hoping that the people would unite in such massive social rebellion.

Reflecting on this further, it appears that we could take strategies and break it down into the trinity of past, present, and future.
Relative to the past crises and traumas that have occurred and are impacting our people, we have great healing to do. Ex: soldiers returning w/ PTSD, environmental pollution, purposeless unintegrated youth and elders.
Present strategies would be basically what I've been presenting. More ways to cope and survive in this now and near future.
Future strategies seem like they would be toward the achieving of the goal of ending this era of corruption and suffering.  Rebellions and social movements would fall into this.

Just some more thoughts....

Blessings,
Bradley

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #66 on: Aug 14, 2010, 05:13 pm »

Rad,
Thanks for your reply.

Regarding rebellions in the USA, it appears that the nature of evil would find any way to pacify, distract, divide interests, split forces, to keep this type of revolution at bay.

Relative to having neptune in Virgo on the 5th house cusp, can this then be seen as the symbolism in our evolution as a larger group - meaning we have a need to take all our "mini" purposes/the many different groups out there and find a way to unite in a common purpose or cause?

Thru the influence of evil, the media is projecting that this is so far away...finding common ground- united purpose.  There are those on the visionary edge(aquarius/11th/uranus) who have been waiting, working for, and hoping that the people would unite in such massive social rebellion.

Reflecting on this further, it appears that we could take strategies and break it down into the trinity of past, present, and future.
Relative to the past crises and traumas that have occurred and are impacting our people, we have great healing to do. Ex: soldiers returning w/ PTSD, environmental pollution, purposeless unintegrated youth and elders.
Present strategies would be basically what I've been presenting. More ways to cope and survive in this now and near future.
Future strategies seem like they would be toward the achieving of the goal of ending this era of corruption and suffering.  Rebellions and social movements would fall into this.

Blessings,
Bradley

Hi Bradey,
I really like how you have broken this down into past/present and future.  I know nothing is this simple or cut and dried, (and I certainly understand that major trauma is in store and, that frankly, there's no guarantee we'll even make it through), but what you wrote made me think of the evolutionary stages - 1st spiritual healers (past), 3rd individuated - bringing society forward (preseent) resulting in a new consensus to solidify the gains once they become accepted by/acceptable to the mainstream (future).  To me it is a nice blueprint, making what is overwhelming when looked at in its entirety, a little more possible to take in.  Also, I have struggled with this whole topic because, frankly, each of us can only do what we are here to do and I think it is easy (it is for me, anyway) to get drawn off your course into work that is not your own because you see how desperate it is and how much it needs to get done.  But I think the only possible way forward is for each of us to do - to actually do - our part.

Peace,
Ellen
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #67 on: Aug 16, 2010, 09:33 am »

Hi Bradley,

Rad,
Thanks for your reply.

This is so true with the natal Lucifer conjunct the Aquarius Moon for the USA. And the 'way' that this has and will occur is via the Corporations and the Media that they own.

Yes, and that common purpose can only be called the 'common good' where common good symbolizes and means a social system that is defined by social equity. Yet that same natal Neptune is inconjunct the natal Moon/Lucifer in Aquarius in the 10th, and square Mars in Gemini in the first. That Neptune is ruled by natal Mercury retro in Cancer in the 3rd, which refers back to that Moon/ Lucifer conjunction, is opposed by the natal Pluto, and the Mars itself is ruled by that Mercury. So you can see the loop here. And that loop symbolizes and reflects the actual reality of the USA: the common good conflicting with the self appointed Zarathustras within a very small group of people. So the USA has ended up as of right now with less than one percent of the entire population controlling 95 percent of the total wealth of the country. That Aquarius Moon/Lucifer conjunction itself refers back to all the Cancer planets in the 2nd which is the symbol for this total inequality of wealth, and the 'power' associated with it, that this one percent, or the 400 hundred families, has.

And the last thing that those 400 families, and the Corporations that they own including the Media, is a social system defined by social equity. These humans actually think of themselves as superior to the common person, and are fully self justifying in this attitude. Thus, they will do anything to prevent a social system of equity. This is exactly why they tried to affect a political coup when Franklin Roosevelt was elected President in your country. A critical part of the 'New Deal' that Roosevelt created was your social security system: the Aquarius Moon/Lucifer conjunction in the 10th as it refers back to all the Cancer planets in the 2nd. Here we can see the 'God' part of Lucifer. Yet, as Wolf taught, that Lucifer is at once both God and Evil. So the evil part manifested as this small group of Corporate tycoons lead by none other than Prescott Bush trying to overthrow the duly elected President of the USA.

Fast forwarding to now you can see these same forces creating yet again rationales to eliminate that social security program that benefits ALL AMERICANS. That one example is but a metaphor for the countless other ways that the oligarchy in America will do anything that it can to undermine a social system of equity. It is the underbelly of the history of your country: the same Moon/Lucifer conjunction in the 10th inconjuncting it's natal Neptune. And that anything includes the Media that they own that generates the propaganda necessary to make Americans 'believe' whatever it is that they need to them to believe in in order to maintain the status quo of their oligarchy. And they are so good at this propaganda that they have managed to make Americans believe that black is white, up is down, etc, etc. This capacity to make Americans 'believe', the 9th House Capricorn Pluto, the opposite of what is actually true, actual reality, is perfectly seen with it's OPPOSITION to it's natal Mercury Retro in Cancer in the 3rd: the OPPOSITE OF THAT WHICH IS REAL, AND TRUE.  They are so good at it that they have managed to create a reality where Americans end up VOTING AGAINST THEIR OWN SELF INTERESTS, THEIR OWN ECONOMIC SELF INTERESTS.

And of course the the CORPORATE POLITICAL PARTY are the Republicans. And it these Republicans politicians that simply LIE to the American people about what is true, and what is not. The opposite of truth, 9th House, are lies of course. Lying and exaggerate  also correlate to the 9th House. So in conjunction with the corrupt Corporate Media the propaganda the American people are peddled this 'information'. This, to me, is the 'genius' of evil as symbolized by the Moon/Lucifer conjunction. And it is of course the influence of evil that creates a consciousness within those that promote this lies, exaggerations, delusions, the propaganda itself, that is fully self justified in these acts of evil. There are WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF GUILT OR SHAME: Capricorn. And it these very Corporations, the 400 families, that have created, literally created, what is now called the 'Tea Party' in your country. And of course those that are within the Tea Party are the very embodiment of a stunted intellect. These same people have always been part of your country, as in any country that has these types within their population, and yet where were they when, say, President Bush was in power ? So you can see that they have been 'organized' by the corrupt capacity of the Corporations: the 400 families. And they have been organized and set into motion by them in order for them to do the bidding of those Corporations. And, sadly, these people are so stupid they have no capacity to understand how they have been used and manipulated, Pluto, by those Corporations.

In the USA this is pretty easy to do only because the general intelligence of the American people is stunted at best: the Mercury retro in Cancer in the 3rd, opposed by it's natal Pluto. This is why in your country you end up with Corporate Media employees like Brian Williams making 15 million dollars a year while at the same time the average income for the teachers of your children make about $30,000 a year. Think about that fact, and what that fact actually means, relative to the oligarchy controlling how American thinks, and how it is educated.

So right now the Lucifer transit has entered Leo, and is on top of the USA'S N.Node. It will soon be opposing it's natal Lucifer. And the USA has just entered any election period where the very Corporations are now considered 'individual entities': just an individual human being. And they can now pour as much money into the political campaigns as they wish, and they do not have to identify themselves to the American public who is subjected to these political adds. They are free to lie as much as they want too within this. Remember too your U.S. 'Supreme' Court also ruled recently that it's even ok for your News vehicles, like NBC, Fox News, etc, etc, to lie: that they do not have to tell the truth. And that they can not be held 'responsible', Capricorn, for their lies. I can just imagine how this will manifest in the next months by way of the political advertisements that will be on your TV's. It will be pure insanity, pure evil as these Corporations, as ever, attempt yet again to manipulate public perceptions of anything.

So, yes, in the end that natal Neptune is all about finding the unifying factor within American society that binds all of it's citizens together. In the end that factor is of course economic. Right now in your country the oligarchy is very aware of the demographic changes underway: Pluto in Capricorn. By 2040 the Hispanic people will be the majority of all Americans. The oligarchy will progressively be fighting a 'rear guard' action, so to speak as these changes take hold. It is this rear guard action that will be the cause of the increasing degree of traumas to American as a whole: Neptune. And as these traumas increase, as the misery becomes unbearable, then and only then will the majority of people finally rise up in the rebellion that is necessary in order to overthrow the current oligarchy that controls your country. Then, and only then, can a new social system defined by social equity happen. And it will be born of circumstantial necessity, not some kind of instant collective enlightenment. And that circumstantial necessity will be one of massive social crisis: Neptune in Virgo.

Reflecting on this further, it appears that we could take strategies and break it down into the trinity of past, present, and future. Relative to the past crises and traumas that have occurred and are impacting our people, we have great healing to do. Ex: soldiers returning w/ PTSD, environmental pollution, purposeless unintegrated youth and elders. Present strategies would be basically what I've been presenting. More ways to cope and survive in this now and near future. Future strategies seem like they would be toward the achieving of the goal of ending this era of corruption and suffering.  Rebellions and social movements would fall into this.

And the only way to end it is of course through massive social rebellion.

Blessings,
Bradley

God Bless, Rad
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2010, 01:00 pm by Rad » Logged
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #68 on: Aug 16, 2010, 01:43 pm »

Hi Rad

In your reply to Bradley you said
And that circumstantial necessity will be one of massive social crisis: Neptune in Virgo.

Neptune in Virgo is far off.  Did you mean to write something different or will we have to wait that long?
thanks
Steve

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #69 on: Aug 16, 2010, 02:12 pm »

Hi Steve,

I was refering to the natal Neptune in Virgo for the USA relative to what it will take for the massive social rebellion to occur: how it will occur in that country.

God Bless,

Rad
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #70 on: Aug 16, 2010, 09:02 pm »

and, the natal neptune in virgo being one of the primary symbols for the evolution of the USA because it is sitting on the cusp of the 5th house - relative to the north node being in leo 3rd?
Is that right?
And with the north node in the 3rd, the square of neptune to mars gemini is further emphasized.
Is that right?
Mars in waning square to neptune - the crisis in belief of the citizens of the USA as they actually discover more and more information about what has been and is really going on with the level of corruption.

Steve, I have been starting with really gaining a basic understanding of the natal chart and have been thinking about starting to build off of strategies based on this and then interpreting strategies for time periods triggered by upcoming transits from these foundations. 

Looking forward to going more into the actual transits and strategies relative to future specific windows of time.

Blessings,
Bradley

Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #71 on: Aug 17, 2010, 12:24 am »

"and I think it is easy (it is for me, anyway) to get drawn off your course into work that is not your own because you see how desperate it is and how much it needs to get done.  But I think the only possible way forward is for each of us to do - to actually do - our part."  -Ellen

Ellen,
This is a good point.  This is also what I've have also come back to after periods of time heavy with thoughts on how messed up things are and how much work needs to get done and how little so many americans actually have;  and to, at times, feel awkward while having basic needs met and being around those who have very little - in terms of technology, means of transportation, housing, food.  
And then coming back to the knowing that we can be of service to the world around us and in line with divine will when we are first taking care of ourselves.

Applying this to the chart, mars gemini 1st is a waxing trine to the moon aquarius 10th - waxing trine gemini re-emphasizes the northnode leo 3rd - basically coming back to finding/discovering our own purpose relative to service to others... and talking about what we are doing, what our role and connections are and learning what other's purpose and role in society is.  So, this type of communication when individuals share their own roles and purposes -it catalyzes the discovery of what is possible, what "jobs" or careers we could envision accessing/utilizing, learning, and/or doing/joining/becoming (nn leo 3rd/mars gemini 1 wax-trine moon aquarius 10)  

Is the mars trine moon symbolizing a tool or strategy for the people (moon aquarius 10th) to become empowered thru specific action - communication around how we identify with our purpose?

For example, so many people in the USA are holding jobs which they are "using" as a basic means to an end - surviving - until they can figure out something better - yet, for the level of basic comfort this leaves, we see the inertia of continuing to work where this need and that need are met.  But really, in the USA we see a strong disconnect to being passionate about our work/job/career.  (aquarius moon 10th)  Relative to the nn leo 3rd, when we begin to see a majority of americans passionate and proud of their work and roles it will be the end of corporate reign.  The corporate reality has created the jobs that are ridiculous, far removed from nature, chemical and artificial - we in the usa are not proud to sit in a stuffy office under florescent lights, working in factory, in polluted air, soil, water, cities.
  When we desire and act on (mars 1st) discovering (gemini) our identity(gemini ac/mars), and resulting purpose/special role (nn leo 3rd, mars trine moon) during these times, collectively(USA), we discover how close we actually could be to have a critical mass decide to drop what they are doing(which they do not actually identify with) and rebel.  
Relative to Uranus waning sextile to nn, acting out in rebellion would be to liberate for the purpose of communication.

Is it this that the zarathustras make sure to keep the scales tipped to inaction, use the media to plant ideas which inhibit groups communicating?  
As Rad has made mention of the possibility of these zarathustras controlling of the internet in the USA, relative to the above symbolism, this would be totally blocking the evolution of the USA.  So, in efforts to do this it would at first be changed in covert ways as possible.  Even just now, verizon and google are being petitioned to not let corporations control internet searches.

Speaking of Uranus gemini ac relative to leo nn 3rd, the use of internet as a form of communication to initiate rebellion in a leo-like dramatic fashion is quite well represented by this clip calling for Target boycott- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FhMMmqzbD8&feature=player_embedded   

Blessings,
Bradley
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 12:39 am by Bradley J » Logged

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #72 on: Aug 17, 2010, 11:10 am »

Hi Bradley,

and, the natal neptune in virgo being one of the primary symbols for the evolution of the USA because it is sitting on the cusp of the 5th house - relative to the north node being in leo 3rd? Is that right?

No. The primary symbol for the evolution of the USA, as in any individual or country chart, is Pluto as primary cause that is then connected to the Moon, and it's Nodal axis, and the planetary rulers of.

And with the north node in the 3rd, the square of neptune to mars gemini is further emphasized.
Is that right? Mars in waning square to neptune - the crisis in belief of the citizens of the USA as they actually discover more and more information about what has been and is really going on with the level of corruption.

It's right in that the ruler of both Mars and Neptune is the retro Mercury in Cancer in the 3rd. The Gemini Rising chart, Uranus in Gemini too which also refers to that Mercury, and of course the natal Moon in Aquarius with Lucifer which are the rulers of the Merc Retro in Cancer in the 3rd. The crisis of belief is really about WHAT TO BELIEVE. When you have a country that is as intellectually  stunted as the majority of the citizens are there this 'what to believe' is reduced to bumper stickers, well crafted propagandized 'sound bites' from the Corporate Media, and 'story lines' that this same Corporate Media creates/ invents that are repeated endlessly by them. The repetition in turn then causes the majority of Americans to then believe in these 'story lines'. Consider for a moment the Iraq War. What if you had a media that was actually honest versus being owned by the Corporations that has an invested interest in creating and maintaining that war ? And because of those invested interests pushing all the propaganda necessary in order to get the average American to 'believe' that is was the right thing to do ? Has General Electric, for example, who owns NBC ever revealed that they made billions in profits from that war ? This is why the former spokesman for Bush, his press secretary, said the Media was 'actively complicit' is creating the Iraq war. Think about that. And then think about what else the Corporate Media is 'actively complicit' in creating as 'reality' for the American people.

God Bless, Rad
Stacie

« Reply #73 on: Aug 17, 2010, 12:08 pm »

Quote from: BradleyJ

Applying this to the chart, mars gemini 1st is a waxing trine to the moon aquarius 10th - waxing trine gemini re-emphasizes the northnode leo 3rd - basically coming back to finding/discovering our own purpose relative to service to others... and talking about what we are doing, what our role and connections are and learning what other's purpose and role in society is.  So, this type of communication when individuals share their own roles and purposes -it catalyzes the discovery of what is possible, what "jobs" or careers we could envision accessing/utilizing, learning, and/or doing/joining/becoming (nn leo 3rd/mars gemini 1 wax-trine moon aquarius 10)  

Is the mars trine moon symbolizing a tool or strategy for the people (moon aquarius 10th) to become empowered thru specific action - communication around how we identify with our purpose?

Yes..  And within catalyzing discovery of what is possible, this kind of communication also then stimulates an ongoing linkage of one purpose to another...purposes combining...leading to new and evolved forms of creative initiatives, leading to continuous discoveries about the phenomenal reality in which we live and new discoveries in how phenomenal components can be creatively tapped and applied...leading to new discoveries...continuous state of becoming.  This dynamic is the very fuel of creative diversity that leads directly into new innovation, which is America's true destiny: to actualize itself as a birthplace of creative innovation, and to serve as an agent of global dissemination, meaning to share and disperse innovation with other countries in order to improve standards of living and help make this more equitable throughout the globe.  This would also include creating/disseminating innovation that would facilitate adaptions in human lifestyle in order to cope with changing environmental conditions on the planet.  There have been OBVIOUS recent opportunities for the US to pull its head out of its ass and step into it's destiny by employing this dynamic to respond to various circumstances of emergency (think Haiti, the oil spill, just to name a couple), but unfortunately the current oppressive social divide has generated total immobilization/paralysis relative to acting on much of anything...

Stacie
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #74 on: Aug 17, 2010, 01:02 pm »

Here is an article from the Amercian magazine called Perspectives about the reality of the 400 families and what happened when Bush was the President on behalf of all those self appointed Zarathustras. As you read through it notice the line about Bush trying to conceal this actual 'reality' from the Amercian people.

Richest 400 Taxpayers See Incomes Double, Tax Rates Halved
By Jon Perr Friday Feb 19, 2010 6:30pm

For Democrats wavering in their resolve to end the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, shocking new data from the IRS should hopefully stiffen their backbones. Between 2001 and 2007, the 400 richest taxpayers doubled their annual incomes to an average of $345 million, while their effective tax rate plummeted to only 16.6% from 29.4% in 1993.

Following recent analyses confirming that income inequality in the United States has reached record levels, noted tax journalist David Cay Johnston summed up the new data, "The incomes of the top 400 American households soared to a new record high in dollars and as a share of all income in 2007, while the income tax rates they paid fell to a record low. The numbers tell the tale of the widening chasm between the rich and everyone else:

In 2007 the top 400 taxpayers had an average income of $344.8 million, up 31 percent from their average $263.3 million income in 2006, according to figures in a report that the IRS posted to its Web site without announcement that were discovered February 16...

Adjusted for inflation to 2009 dollars, the top 400 enjoyed a 27 percent increase in their income, or nine times the rate of increase for the bottom 90 percent...Since 1992, the bottom 90 percent of Americans have seen their incomes rise by 13 percent in 2009 dollars, compared with an increase of 399 percent for the top 400.

Unsurprisingly, the public disclosure of the top 400 report first introduced by the Clinton administration was halted by President Bush (only to be reinstituted by the Obama White House last year). Unsurprising that is, because the sheer size of the massive windfall for America's rich due to the Bush tax cuts would make a Warren Buffet blush.

As the Center for American Progress noted, the Bush tax cuts delivered a third of their total benefits to the wealthiest 1% of Americans. And to be sure, their payday was staggering. The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities detailed that by 2007, millionaires on average pocketed $120,000 from the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. Those in the top 1% stashed an extra $45,000 a year. As a result, millionaires saw their after-tax incomes rise by 7.6%, while the gains for the middle quintile and bottom 20% of Americans were a paltry 2.3% and 0.4%, respectively. (Other CBPP studies demonstrated that the Bush tax cuts accounted for half of the mushrooming deficits during his tenure in the White House and will continue to do so over the next decade.)

And as the New York Times uncovered in 2006, the 2003 Bush dividend and capital gains tax cuts offered almost nothing to taxpayers earning below $100,000 a year. Instead, those windfalls reduced taxes "on incomes of more than $10 million by an average of about $500,000." As the Times revealed in a jaw-dropping chart, "the top 2 percent of taxpayers, those making more than $200,000, received more than 70% of the increased tax savings from those cuts in investment income." So it should come as no surprise that the income share of the 400 richest Americans doubled over the past decade.

And yet, the usual suspects among the Republican Party (and some quislings among the Democrats) are pleading that the rich should be spared even as their share of the national wealth reaches stratospheric levels. Arguing in the Wall Street Journal that the upper bracket tax rates should not be restored to their Clinton-era rates, Ari Fleischer insisted that the top 10% of taxpayers are "supporting virtually everyone and everything" and "their burden keeps getting heavier." Fleischer added, "It's also what's called redistribution of income, and it is getting out of hand."

Oh, it's gotten out of hand all right, just not in the direction Fleischer claims.

But as ThinkProgress detailed, failing to restore upper bracket tax rates to their Clinton-era levels of 39.6% from 35% not only won't help spur economic recovery, it will blow a gaping hole through the federal budget even as it needlessly lines the pockets of the wealthiest Americans:

In an era when everyone seems to be running around screaming about the deficit, there's absolutely no reason to extend these cuts, which this year will give millionaires more in tax breaks than 90 percent of Americans will earn in income. The Bush tax cuts have delivered $715 billion to the wealthiest one percent of the country over the last ten years, and extending the cuts would give households in that one percent $60,000 in additional breaks per year, with millionaires receiving a $150,000 annual break. Over ten years, that amounts to another $1.2 trillion in lost revenue.

Last August, the always excellent David Leonhardt of the New York Times described the toll that the Bush recession had taken on the coffers of the richest Americans. "Over the last two years, they have become poorer," he wrote, "And many may not return to their old levels of wealth and income anytime soon." But the last time they paid a 39% income tax rate, the United States enjoyed a booming economy, rising incomes, low unemployment and expanding budget surpluses.

It may not have been quite as good a deal for the Bush 400, but it worked pretty well for almost everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 983   Go Up
Print
Jump to: