School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

charts for the onset of patriarchy?

Started by Elen, Jul 18, 2010, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Hi All,

One thing that I've been wondering about is if there are any accepted astrology charts for the transition from matriarchy to patriarchy.  I realize that it was exactly that - a transition that occurred over millenia - but are there any dates that EA astrologers look to as reference points?  It seems to me that part of the discussion needs to also include this perspective, chart-wise - putting the current charts (USA, etc.) in the context of those energies...

Just a thought... Perhaps it is not relevant to the discussion - just my own particular need...

Thanks for any input/feedback on this.

Peace,
Ellen

Wendy

Hi Ellen, I don't know about an accepted EA chart for paradigm shift, but I liked the chart of July 4, 2021, Pluto returning on the US chart. 

Pluto in Cap
Uranus in Taurus
Vesta in Virgo

Rad

Hi Ellen,

The transition began right at the end of the Capricorn Sub-Age of the Cancer Age right around 6600 B.C.E. It took generally about 1,000 years for the full transition to take place. However, in various areas in the world there remained groups of people that sustained the the Matriarchy coming up to very recent times. For example there was a small matriarchal group of Sioux Indians, a 'splinter' group, that lived in this natural way. There were also a group of archetypal women called Amazons that lived in various places on the globe for thousands of years after this transition began.  And there are other examples of this also. But, in general, the Patriarchal transition did take hold, in mass, all over the world from that transition forwards to now. There is of course no one 'chart' that correlates to this transition. When one studies history, i.e. 'HISstory', the story of the patriarchy, one can discover how this transition took hold in different areas of the world, different cultures at different times. A great book that deals with this is a book called The Once and Future Goddess. And there are others of course.

God Bless, Rad

adina

A couple of other very good books on the subject are:

The Chalice and the Blade by Riane Eisler  (Eisler goes deeply into the differences between a dominator society and a partnership society). I think this work blends especially well with EA.

When God Was a Woman by Merlin Stone

Elen

Hi All,

Thanks so much for  your replies.  I've for sure read The Chalice & the Blade by Eisler and also her follow up book (I forget the title).  Both very interesting, though it's been a long time since I've looked at them.  I'm familiar with the Merlin Stone book but don't know that I've read it and I for sure haven't read The Once and Future Goddess.  I will add those to my reading list.  I would add a book by James DeMeo called, Saharasia.  Controversial, I'd say.  And difficult to read because he just hammers on the cultural violence that resulted from patriarchy.  And I definitely don't agree with all of the hypotheses he posits from the evidence (he hypothesizes that homosexuality is an abnormality resulting from patriarchal suppression of sexuality, for example, but there's plenty of evidence, from my read of it, that would not support that hypothesis).

Too bad, though, about there not being a chart to reference - an equivalent, for example, of the one that Wendy cites above for the shift we're going through now.  To me that would be interesting, and possibly revealing, to factor in....   

Peace and well wishes,

Ellen

Wendy

Quote from: Ellen on Jul 20, 2010, 03:35 PM
Too bad, though, about there not being a chart to reference - an equivalent, for example, of the one that Wendy cites above for the shift we're going through now.  To me that would be interesting, and possibly revealing, to factor in....   

Hi Ellen, I do believe the time Rad mentioned was during the Golden Age of Taurus I believe (maybe Rad can clarify).  I also thought the 25,920 cosmic year cycle we are in has something to do with the changes occurring now.

Elen

Quote from: Wendy on Jul 20, 2010, 05:51 PM
Quote from: Ellen on Jul 20, 2010, 03:35 PM

Hi Ellen, I do believe the time Rad mentioned was during the Golden Age of Taurus I believe (maybe Rad can clarify).  I also thought the 25,920 cosmic year cycle we are in has something to do with the changes occurring now.

Hi Wendy,

Thanks so much.  Perhaps some historical/prehistorical sleuthing could come up with some kind of marker to reference.... Unfortunately, I'm too occupied with other things to get anywhere with it but I truly appreciate the information.

Peace,
Ellen 

Wendy

Hi Ellen,

I hope it's okay with the forums for me to post some resources that may help you in your search for more information about the Goddess.

The book Rad mentioned, The Once and Future Goddess, is a great book.  I read it many years ago and than utilized it a couple of years ago during a study of the Goddess Cultures.

There's also a link which from Zohar Dancing about the Heritage of the Goddess
http://zoharproductions.com/goddessheritage.html.

Also P.M.H. Atwater's book, Beyond the Indigo Children gives a wonderful overview of the Ages, astrology, the evolutionary impulse and more.

Enjoy,
Wendy

Elen

Quote from: Wendy on Jul 21, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Ellen,

I hope it's okay with the forums for me to post some resources that may help you in your search for more information about the Goddess.

The book Rad mentioned, The Once and Future Goddess, is a great book.  I read it many years ago and than utilized it a couple of years ago during a study of the Goddess Cultures.

There's also a link which from Zohar Dancing about the Heritage of the Goddess
http://zoharproductions.com/goddessheritage.html.

Also P.M.H. Atwater's book, Beyond the Indigo Children gives a wonderful overview of the Ages, astrology, the evolutionary impulse and more.

Enjoy,
Wendy

Thanks a million Wendy.  I'll add those to my list.

Peace,
Ellen